La Petite Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAJuly 6, 2016
management didn't handle conflict well, no chances to grow with the company, nasty environment for the children, little emphases placed on education.
Very interesting place to work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 6, 2016
I work with children. I love children, being with them makes me happy. They are fun to be with. The management is well organized and it is a team work.
Good place to work with Children
Early Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 3, 2016
Same as working for La Petite now. Great place to work with children and happy to know that I am making a difference for the future. Love seeing the children laugh and smile and it makes my day when the are happy to see me.
Cons
pay is awful
Loved working there
OK. Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2016
I followed guidelines by the Federal Food Program to prepare and serve nutritious meals to the children. I kept records of daily servings for the company. Ordered and maintained food supplies.
Pros
Great working conditions
Fun but not for me
FullĀ­time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dumfries, VAApril 12, 2016
A typical work day was full of no one knowing where you should go when you reported to work. Even though we have assigned classrooms. I loved the children but communication lacked between everyone who worked there.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, lack of communication
Full time, no experience employee
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Pelham, ALMarch 21, 2016
Daily activity is pretty good. You definitely need patience to work with this population. Honestly I see it as a stepping stone if you didn't go to school for early childhood education. The pay could be GREATER, regardless of your background.
Pros
Consistent schedule of hours
Cons
Low pay
good experience
Float Teacher (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 28, 2016
Nice place to work. Friendly staff. Flexible hours and good work experience. Enjoyed working here. Co workers were nice to work with
La Petite
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILJuly 18, 2016
a lot of work for little pay. drama within company, room for advancement, had good times. A lot of turnover. low staff so a lot of hours
nothing
Assisted lead teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2016
Best thing i can say is either you like it or you dont. Childcare is not for everyone and if you dont love kids dont work at a childcare center.
Pros
Leave early sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Fun Workplace
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNMay 25, 2016
Absolutely a fun place to work! It is a great and safe environment for the kids and staff. We always had fun doing different crafts with the children. Everyone is very friendly.
Do not work/send your kids here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 23, 2016
The saying goes if your don't have anything nice to say... Don't say it at all, but I'm sorry I cannot sit hear and keep quiet. Okay so I work at a location in Nevada Let me start by saying I have only made it through 1 week working here and I cannot wait to quit. Okay so I was hired as a teacher but ended up being an assistant, although I went to college and I have a much experience in childcare they had the audacity to offer me $9 an hour but I accepted because I thought it will be easy to get a raise. My first day they threw me in the infant room, I should have walked out at that moment. I did not even recieve a bathroom break. I was also placed in the preschool room and I could not believe how that teacher was talking to the children, to top that off, no one told me what time I was supposed to get off or anything, I had to go and ask, the commute is way too far from my house and this job could never be worth it, no amount of money could make me stay here. In addition they are always over ratio, this place is a joke. Why call it an academy, it's a DAYCARE. What was I thinking truly, when I talked to other employees they said that they have worked here for x amount of years and are still part-time. Yeah no, please take my warning and continue your job search, they clearly hire ANYBODY(sarcasm).They also make you sign a paper that says you won't say anything that would try and sway anyone from working or sending their child here, that was fishy.
Pros
Kids
Cons
The whole place but the kids
Fun
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2016
It was always so nice seeing these babies on a daily basis. They were always so sweet. There wasn't a day I could go to work in a bad mood and stay.. all the employee were great too.
Pros
teaching children
Cons
the kids food
Another daycare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 2, 2015
Good benefits for a daycare and good management. My director was the best director I have ever had in daycare.
It's just another daycare.
Pros
Working with kids, great management and good benefits
Cons
High stress, lack of standards
Teaching kids developing and motor skills, and education.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNOctober 9, 2014
A typical day for me at La Petite Academy would include preparing lunch and snack for a class of six for my toddler class. Putting my students down for nap. Conducting arts and crafts projects, teaching the American Alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes. Taking my students for outside and active play. Providing a safety and healthy environment for my children. I learned the development of children. The management team at this job was helpful and caring towards their employees. The co-workers were fun and always put their students first. The hardest part of this job was always staying sick, and the pay. The most enjoyable part was watching my students smile and being able to teach them skills that they will be to use for the rest of their lives.
Pros
free lunch, helping children learn, working with a wonderful group of women, and having good relationships with the students and their parents.
Cons
consistently being sick and no pay raises
I need a real Job because this is just work
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 2, 2014
My current schedule is a split shift; 7A.M. TO 9A.M. then I come back at 12:30p.m. to 5:30-6p.m. The problem is it doesn't really pay much and it barely covering the gas expense of coming back and fourth to work. No overtime and benefits are terrible. Many people in the company haven't had raises in years. I'm in charge of the before and after school kids so when I'm not on bus runs I'm in many other classrooms filling in breaks for other teachers and then I'm back in my own classroom. I have great co-workers and students and that kept me motivated but in the end I cant survive at the rate that this job is going. I'm used to making much more and now that I'm in school the split takes up to much time in my day. Management it is very disorganized which makes things frustrating at times.
Pros
my students and other staff
Cons
it's a split shift and takes alot of my day yet lacks in pay
Teacher
Child Provider Team Lead and Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2016
The pay wasn't what you would receive at a call center, but working with kids everyday was a joy. It was an extra added bonus to be able to have your holidays and your weekends off.
Outstanding school I would recommend parent to enroll his or her child or children
Lead Teacher Two's (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2015
Management provided an environment to have growth and training in areas you express interested in. It was light and fun but well organized school, no drama making the environment workable. I enjoyed working at the company because your colleagues worked to help each other and you grew from that experiences making your production better, your days easier and your activity with your class and children easier.
Pros
no micro mangement
Cons
not enough money for my experience
Enjoyable coworkers and Families
Lead Teacher/Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 24, 2015
Great place to work with well educated teachers. Families are dedicated to their children's education. Teacher and Parent involvment in activities and events. Coworkers are fun and supportive. Going the extra mile.
Pros
Great Management, enjoyable coworkers, set schedule, set hours, high demand
Cons
Gossip, quick turn around, favoritism
Great !!!
Pre-K teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great staff and children.
Clean building. Staff very welcoming. Also a great place to work and bring your kids.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Pricey childcare cost
Interesting and fun place to work
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Typical day starts at 0630, cook and serve breakfast, lunch and snack to more than 100 children and staff. I learned more about food service and keeping cost and waste down. My coworkers were entertaining and enjoyable to work with. Management was easy to talk to about issues and any problems we may have encountered. The hardest part were the hours and The most enjoyable part are the kids who become attached to you and love seeing you on a daily basis.
Pros
coworkers and chance to go on field trips with schoolagers
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.