La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMay 24, 2017
took care of toddlers. fed, changed diapers, did daily learning activities. written report given to parents daily. toilet trained. closed school at end of business day
Not a healthy work environment.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 19, 2017
So much drama, and lack of support from management. When you need time off, management gets mad and gives you a hard time. The lead boss is hardly in office.
poor pay, uneducated managers that dont like kids
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMay 14, 2017
Poor place to work. Managers are more concerned with pay than children. Education programs do not meet children's needs, very standardized, unprofessional and dehumanizing.
Pros
Great co-workers and kids
Cons
Management, pay, educational programs do not meet children's needs.
Interactive and Challenging
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 9, 2017
Each day I would have to monitor and educate children around the ages of 1 to 5. I learned how to communicate with parents and colleagues, and understand my morale values. The hardest part of the job was managing students with rough attitudes and not being able to use technology to teach students. The most enjoyable part was seeing students who were always happy to see me.
Pros
hour breaks
Cons
Low pay, difficult students
Family working environment, lots of experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87108May 9, 2017
A typical day at La Petite started in the morning in the infant and toddler room. I was in charge of the children until the other infant teacher got to work or until we went over ratio. Once the other infant teacher was there I went into my toddler room with my lead teacher. I learned so much about working with others and being flexible about what I expected from others at work. I had the chance to learn about lesson plans for toddlers and how to set up a classroom for toddlers. The hardest part of the job was the children that came from families that had issues in the home. It was so hard to see these kids that needed more than what they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was also the kids and teaching them new things and watching them learn.
Pros
Nights and weekends off. Flexible schedule.
Cons
germs spread quickly with children
Fun place. Great with children.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 8, 2017
Fair paying job. Fun relaxed atmosphere. Employees extremely friendly. Customer base extremely friendly. Wonderful job if you love children. Very nice. Would definitely recommend.
Great working atmosphere
Lead Teacher Two's (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 7, 2017
Management treats each employee individually and meets their needs to improve their classroom environment. Interaction between parents, management and teachers are interconnected to the benefit of children.
the workers work hard, the company could do better
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 4, 2017
This is not a place I would recommend if you are looking for long time employment. management does not follow the rules, but want other people to follow them, teachers do not stay in their assigned classrooms, the food they feed to the kids is repetitive.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
management
This was more of a pit stop for me and not a place to invest a career.
Shadow Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 3, 2017
I was very disappointed in the fact that promises were not kept in terms of work hours and work ethics. Based on their labor matrix, they could and did cut hours, without notice, on a regular basis for full and part-time workers alike. The hardest part was trying to stay afloat financially. The best part for me was working with the children and parents.
Pros
Great kids from great families.
Cons
Lack of commitment to workers.
I liked working with teachers and with the kids
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2017
Lapetite was okay and I enjoyed working with the teachers and children We played with the children outside and inside The management back then was great. I was introduced to Montessori at the school
Pros
teachers parents and boss and children
Cons
no benefits back then but I think they have it now
Great Company
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of seeing the joyful children and excited parents. i love the infant parents and help out a lot with the toddlers.
Pros
nice parents
Cons
no break room
Productive workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNApril 29, 2017
A typical day at La Petite Academy is filled with the enjoyment of the children and the learning process of guiding the with new ideas of learning. The hardest part of the job was you couldn't make your classroom creative. I couldn't hang the children's displays up half the time and I had to go by the lesson plan even if the children weren't interested in the activity. It wasn't a tourist approach to the classroom and you couldn't make it your own.
Pros
staff meetings, training, benefits
Cons
Natural hair rules, stability with children
Provide care for infants and toddlers
Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2017
If you love working with kids, than La Petite is the place to be. The school has newborn to pre-K aged children and you get to choice which age level you feel the most comfortable with. Then you're assigned to that classroom where you get to learn and love each child. We get to create any different activities to do with the kids and watch them grow and learn every day.
Pros
working with kids, training courses
Cons
short breaks
Director
ACADEMY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 29, 2017
Overall my day was to make sure the school was running and everyone was in compliance. There was always ongoing training for management and staff. the culture there was very diverse and warm. The hardest part of my job was if I had to let someone go due to a licensing issue or a lack of productivity.

Overall, I loved every bit of my job from enrolling, budget, curriculum, seeing the students and the little one"s learning to field trips and outside time. But the best one was when all families came together to get to know each other and what was going on in the school.
Pros
room for advancement
Play, learn and grow together.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLApril 26, 2017
Taking care of children is one of the greatest experience in my life.I think that, the child care providers do " the most important job". I really enjoyed every second with my kids the circle time, reading time, centers time, etc. Its so amazing how much we can learn from each other. As a teacher I learned that the children want our love, our attention, our stories, our time. The hardest part of the job in my personal opinion, is the long hours you have to work with an awful pay, but in the other hand working at La Petite has been rewarding.
Pros
Ongoing yearly professional development training
Cons
poor pay
fun in the sun
Pre- K Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COApril 26, 2017
La Petite Academy , gave me lots of experience with newborns / infants. It was a joyous time , there is nothing like getting the chance to widen the lens of knowledge. Children deserve a nurturing environment with proper stimulus. No matter the age its important to provide a safe surrounding.
Pros
interacting with different ages
Cons
short staffed
Healthy work environment with people who love children
Acting Asst. Director and Team Lead - Management (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 23, 2017
La Petite Academy is a great place to work, and I am going to be sad to leave. I am only leaving because my family is moving out of state to be with more of our family.
Pros
Management runs the school in a positive manner and follows rules and regulations, staff loves what they do, staff works hard to teach the children in a loving manner
Review
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 21, 2017
I loved working at La Petite it was a great experience. La Petite was very hands on and a learning experience for me. Going to work every day was a joy because I got to mainly work with children under the age of four. Children under the age of four is the children I want to be able to teach music to in the future. so therefore working at La Petite was a open hand experience to what I might be doing as a career.
Pros
Great work space, Nice co workers
Cons
I brought my daughter to work with me!!!!
Assistant in Management / Certified VPK Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 18, 2017
I loved working at La Petite, mainly because I was able to bring my daughter work with me. While she was in another classroom, she was within a reasonable distance where I felt comfortable at the time. At the time the school did offer employee discounts; which I think was 40% off. I would recommend this employer.
can relocate anywhere in the country
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 17, 2017
Great place to work if you are planning to move anywhere in the country for example military wives. Management had very little support when it came to teachers. I have witnessed if management disliked an employee for any reason they would harass them until the point they would quit. I have witnessed threats in the workplace and the employee making those threats was not only still employed but not reprimanded for it.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no break room had to eat lunch outside

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.