La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy United States Employee Reviews

What I have learned?
Teacher (Current Employee), Brandon, FLSeptember 14, 2014
I have learned to work in a team environment, time-management, organizational skills, and how to adapt to different learning styles from the children, and model good manners to lead by example.
day care
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Spring, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: day care
Watch kids
took them to schools and back to the day care
just seeing them get along with others
Awful
Childcare Giver, Teacher (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 9, 2014
The management was horrific. Teachers would not pay attention to kids. The management did nothing about it, They would be very rude to parents as well.
Very fun workplace with productive co-workers
Teacher (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, free snack, healthcare, dental care, eye care, personal days, vacation time
A typical work day at La Petite Academy is fun and easy-going. We always had a great time watching the infants grow while teaching them everything they needed to know. The management was everything it should have been; professional, understanding, and masterly. My co-workers were great people, always willing to help when needed and also with a smile on their face. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay on task with the infants. They want to be everywhere and explore everything they can its easy to get distracted. The most enjoyable part for me was watching the infants develop and grow into young toddlers.
Children
Teacher (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2014
Pros: discount childcare. fun activites.
Cons: pay. teamwork.
As a parent I couldn't ask for a better learning center to have my daughter attend.
Started working in childcare because I love children and I enjoy being a role model.
Miss the kids..that's about it.
Teacher (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 21, 2014
There are some pros and cons involved with working at La Petite in Scottsdale. If I could give it an extra half star I would, but I cannot!

I do agree with some of the things the other reviewer said about the gossiping and teachers having to use their own money to buy things, those are definitely downsides. Of course, not everyone is always gossiping or hard to work with, I had some very nice coworkers at La Petite who are really excellent at what they do.

There are issues with management as well. Mainly because there is just not enough help. Many times if I were to try to call either the location or management I had a very difficult time getting a hold of anyone. I understand that they are very busy, but it makes things hard when there is not enough communication between management and the staff. We also had an ant problem for a little while, they were crawling all over the counter where we prepare the food, management shrugged it off.

The worst thing about working here was how ridiculously overworked everyone was. I worked 10 to 11 hour days every day for a while, sometimes only getting half a break. At most other jobs I'm sure that does not sound too awful, but when you're chasing kids all day, it's exhausting! Also once I was sick, like real sick could barely move, so I called in, no one responded. Received a text saying "Hey, I know you're sick, but we need to let someone else go home so you have to come in". Seriously!? We work with little kids! Pretty sure parents would be angry if they knew we were handling their children while sick.

Nearly everyone who had worked – more... at this location has quit without putting their two weeks in. Everyone I can think of just couldn't take it anymore and quit on the spot. I did not do this, but I think that really says something about how unhappy the vast majority the staff really is.

I have a whole boatload of horror stories, but there were some things I actually did like about La Petite Academy. I liked that there was a relatively regular schedule, like we usually came at the same time about every day. Also liked that the routine for the kids was followed closely, reduces chaos! Also as I said before, there are some incredible teachers working here. OH and free snacks, mm vanilla wafers. That being said, there are so many things that made my job experience less than enjoyable, however it is all about the kids, and that is what kept me there! – less
a fun place with great kids
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch ;lots of over time
Cons: bad benifits lots of over time
the Company is a great company if you are a young female with out education . The Staff is Great at their jobs. the school is always under staffed .The students are the highlight of the day , They are bright young people ready to learn.
Room to grow
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 12, 2014
I started as an assistant teacher and a float, by the time I left I was a lead teacher and trainer. I took the job as lead teacher for afterschoolers which no one wanted and turned the class around to the notice of my fellow teachers, my supervisors and most importantly the parents
Typical day at work.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Rio RanchoAugust 11, 2014
My typical day at work was caring for the children and teaching them something new everyday.
postive place to work
Pre-School Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 11, 2014
co-workers where great to work with. I mostly enjoyed working with the kids
productive and fun work place
Pre- Kindergarten Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Lake Mary, FLAugust 11, 2014
The management was awsome I never not like going to work. I enjoyed getting up everyday. My morning stated off welcoming kids to school and talking with parents. And late morning and afternoon teachingmy two year olds who also were great kids. I loved working for this company.
i love working with children and i believe i can make a difference in their lives
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee), Temecula, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: healthcare and benefits
Cons: in the summer the work hours were cut in half
The school was very supportive to teacher concerns and needs for the students and their well being reviews were done in a timely manner and they had healthcare and benefits
Kindergarten Teaching Position
Licensed Teaching (Current Employee), North Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2014
I truly enjoyed working for La Petite Academy! My director and assistant teacher were always supportive and I was sad to leave. The only reason I left was because I relocated.
Working at La Petite was one of the best opportunities an individual can have to help one learn about being a better person
PART-TIME TEACHER (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch, family-oriented, wonderful director
Cons: benefits, not many full-time positions, no quick advancements
• Create lesson plans and activities for the students
• Greet students and parents/guardians in the mornings
• Serve students breakfast, lunch, and snack
• Monitor the students and keeping an orderly classroom
• Administer medicines when necessary
• Keeping a clean classroom (cleaning and sanitizing tables, sweeping and mopping, cleaning restrooms, taking out the trash, etc.)
• Changing the children’s diapers, helping potty train children
• Reporting incidents to director/assistant director and to the parents
• Keeping parents updated on their child’s accomplishments and activities throughout the day

I learned a lot about not only being a teacher but about being a parent. Being a teacher has allowed me to gain knowledge I never thought I didn't know.

The hardest part of the job was the disciplining. You have to remember that they are children.

My most enjoyable part of my job was watching the children learn and grow and you see the advancements based around what you have been working so hard for them to learn and they hone their abilities.
Very fun and rewarding
Teacher (Current Employee), Richmond, CAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees.
This job is fast pace. It is very rewarding to help mold children for the future. There is always some to do and many opportunities to learn something new. I continuously learn something new from management, co workers, parents, and children.
Productive safe and loving work community
Lead Two year old Teacher (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILAugust 1, 2014
Pros: doing what i love
Cons: hourly wage, no overtime
Caring for children could have its challenges but learning to work with the children and other teachers makes for a successful day. I have learned that making others happy and their happiness makes life more enjoyable. As with any work environment you will have challenging people and awesome people, I was there to do my job and make relationships with people whom want them.
making meals for children
Cook (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 25, 2014
each day you make breaskfast and lunch for children 1-12 years old, they can be a pleasure to be around, although this job gives you the chance to be by yourself before they drive you crazy.
Good Company
Director (Former Employee), Wichita KsJuly 24, 2014
A very busy and exciting job. Used many spreadsheets and created many documents. I work on my own at a great pace getting items done throughout the day!
Fun and loving work environment with open-floor plan
Floater/Teacher (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2014
The work environment nurtures the children's creativity and self-confidence. Teachers appeal to each one of the child's individual needs as well as what is best for the group of children. The children seem happy and responsible at the same time. Its amazing the level of love and care that management found in each individual that works there. The open-floor plan of the building allows an ease of communication for the teachers/staff. It was a great experience working there!
Productive workplace for children to learn and enjoy themselves
Lead Teacher-Two's (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2014
Pros: paid holidayss and vacation, sick days
Cons: healthcare is expensive
I greet all teachers, staff, parents, and children. My coworkers and I implement the daily schedule and lesson plans. Management walks throughout the center frequently. My coworkers and I enjoy being the teachers in the class that we are in. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a positive impact on the children's live and education.

La Petite Academy Salaries