La Petite Academy

La Petite Academy Employer Reviews

Unorganized
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Yukon,OklahomaOctober 31, 2013
Pros: childcare setting
Cons: training
An average day I assisted the lead two's teacher with naps, diaper changing, reading stories, and setting up activities. Co-workers were quiet and kept to themselves. the hardest part was seeing another teacher mistreat a child. the most enjoyable part was taking time to be a friend to a child that truly needs one.
Jennifer Working at LaPetite
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 28, 2013
Pros: growth and advancement, team work, and establishing relationships with the parents and students
Cons: pay, work schedule hours, benefits
A typical day working at LaPetite, I worked as a teacher. I supervised and provided the children with age appropriate materials to help with learning and growth for their development. I learned how to manage my class first and manage others so I could advance in my career. The hardest part of my job was transitioning out of my classroom to train as – more... a manager because I spent a lot of time away from my students. The most enjoyable part of the job creating a relationship with the parents as well as the children and staff members. – less
Working with children
Assistant Teacher Aid (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 28, 2013
Pros: having interaction with small children of all ages. they are great!
Cons: no cons as i honestly enjoyed this company.
This was a very rewarding job experience. I worked with children of ages 4-5. Then, I managed a room of 8 infants below the age of 12 months.

I managed a routine for the babies which worked very well.
A great place to start
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 27, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not enough money
I was a great place to gain management experience. They lacked stability and raises though and the money is non negotiable
It was great developing a relationship with the kids and their families.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Madison, WIOctober 24, 2013
Pros: playing with the kids, great coworkers
Cons: difficult parents, long hours
I appreciated the opportunity to develop relationships with the kids and their families. A typical day at work included feeding the children 3 meals, playing inside and outside, following a curriculum, providing a safe environment, regular diaper changing, recording progress and/or incident reports, developing children's social, emotional, and academic – more... skills as well as fine and gross motor skills. The best part of the job was watching the children achieve milestones and seeing them grow. – less
Family Values and a Vending machine
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 19, 2013
Pros: weekendes off, long breaks
Cons: unsteady hours
This was my first postion as a preschool teacher. I have to say these women do alot . often times raising these children spending more time with them than there parents. they see more to the way the simplest things can alter a childs behavior. the way children call out for love and affection and these women give it to them. those who dont are only there – more... for a short amount of time. there is a flip side as a profession dominated by women we cluck like the hens we are acused of being. in other words the gossip is out of control. my advice have thick skin and a closed mouth. trust no one and keep to yourself cause the friendliest of smiles hold the sharpest of tounges. – less
Great place to work for and flexible with school
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Winston Salem, NCOctober 10, 2013
This is a great place to work if you are trying to finish school. They are very flexible with work hours and will work with around your class times.
Excellent environment for children.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Richmond,VAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: occasionally not enough hours.
I had the opportunity to teach some wonderful children, and to work with some highly skilled teaching professionals.
Loved my co-workers but management was too harsh
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Spring, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I loved going to work and being with the children and my co-workers. Management I feel was too harsh sometimes and not caring of the environment they were working in.
A great team of people working together to teach and watch children grow.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Mesa, AZSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good team of people
Cons: went through too many directors while i was there
I was lead teacher for the two's classroom but I did work with all the age groups when I was employed at La Petite .
Summer school program, very exciting
Summer School Teacher (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: schedule was great
Summer School Teacher, having fun with the children, doing activities and field trips.
Productive place, great employees
Co- Teacher (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 18, 2013
I loved the people I worked with. Of course we had our bad days, but who doesn't? I am very pleased to have gotten the chance to work there with the kids and teachers I met.
Provided maintenance and vendor supervision for all facilities within a three state area.
Facilities Maint. Superintendant (Former Employee), Multiple facilitiesSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: enjoyable work environment, company vehicle, respected and appreciated
Cons: constant travel, little time with children.
A typical day at work would be spent half a day at one facility satisfying the wants and needs of schools director, then moving onto another facility for the latter part of the day. Much of my time was also spent traveling from state to state taking care of emergencies and supervising improvement projects.
I enjoyed working with all the staff and management – more... and especially around the kids I laughed everyday.
The most difficult part of the job was spending the majority of my time in hotels away from home and my children. – less
Love working with the children
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: every weekend off
Cons: co-worker always calling in sick
planning for my children helping them to learnI learned you will be surprise at what children will do and say they are full of surprises and i look forward to going to work every day andI love those teachable moments.
Many great people and families here as well
Master Teacher in Child Development (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: free childcare for employees
Cons: can't be your own childs teacher
Many different experiences available here for children along with great summer activities.
Assisting the Managers and Teachers.
Assistant in Management (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2013
Very productive day. Worked close to the managers and assisted the teachers any given time. Leaning the books and each parents payment was pretty easy.
Loved the being teacher and director
Master Teacher and Asst. Director (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: good breaks
Enjoyed my job and most everyone I worked with. Was moving up the ladder, job just did not work out. Had one car and a child in school. My husband made more money so I quit my job.
full of energy
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Mukilteo, WASeptember 6, 2013
my work experience with both la petite companys that i worked at were a blast everyone was like a big family when i transfered to a new la petite it sadned me because i grew such a bond with all the children and the staff, they all became family to me. however apon my arrival to my new center i was welcomend with open arms and i felt right at home. – more... i loved working with a new group of children because not only did i have the oppurtunity to teach them new things they also taugt me new details and things with life. – less
Great feeling of accomplishment, helping our young clients grow
Part time employment (Former Employee), Margate, FLSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great place to work. great parent customers
Cons: at times hectic - especially at closing time
Met with parents, reviewed any special medicines or food issues for my young students.
Daily start of day meetings with the management and colleagues to receive updates or corporate directives.
Headed by 3 supervisors, one manager and a very energetic area manager, our particular La Petite was consistently recognized for it excellent service.
Hardest – more... part of job -- loosing some of the adorable young students at times as their families moved away
Most fun - helping the students grow into their various skills. – less
Love the peole hear. A true learning experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Shawnee, KSSeptember 4, 2013
Nice family environment. Health insurance. Understanding management and co-workers. very lenient and flexible job