La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Great environment to work in.
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 21, 2016
Times management provided great pay and respectful management. This company offered full time and part time positions. I enjoyed being apart of this company.
What you learned
Staff teacher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 17, 2015
I'm just going to keep it like this,I WILL NEVER EVER WORK FOR THEM EVER!! I worked for them for ten years and at the last minute the district manager told us we was being closed down a month before we did and told us she was looking for a building for us and had us really thinking she was getting this one building and never even had it and decided that we had a choose to either to go to whatever center needed help which at the time was to far for a lot of us or we could collect severance pay. When we received our last check they included our severance pay in our check which took out a lot of taxes.Also always had enrollment dropping.We was done so wrong and this was the center located at St. Agnes hospital which is now their human resources building.
LaPetite Academy
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 8, 2016
working for this company was very good. I have learn a lot of things working with children and accomplishing my goals that was needed to be reach. Management was very friendly and help us employee's with advice with children.
A Job related to my previous job expreince
Assistant In Management/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2015
Come to work and fill out notebook of the employees attendance, check to see if all the children were checked in by their parents make sure that all the teachers have completed their classroom schedules. Made sure that all the teachers were covered for lunch. Update children file folders answered phones, collect payments and update parents billing. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with the children and keeping the files organized.
Pros
working with children and dealing with parents
Cons
trying to keep an open communication with other managers
Crazy and constantly in flux
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAOctober 12, 2015
I appreciate the wonderful professional opportunities provided to me by La Petite. I advanced within a year of working with the company because of my quality of work and genuine passion for my job. But the turnover rate is ridiculous, the environment was annoyingly inconsistent and at times depressing. My wages were rather inadequate for the amount of energy I pouring into my job, but I did work with some wonderful, supportive people that made it worth the struggle at times. There didn't always seem to be the mot competent new-hires, and there didn't seem to be a lot of effort into retaining experienced and well-meaning newbies...
Pros
Agency to be creative with your classroom, the kids, fun peers
Cons
Poor pay, stressfull environment, incompetent new hires
Enjoyable coworkers and Families
Lead Teacher/Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZOctober 24, 2015
Great place to work with well educated teachers. Families are dedicated to their children's education. Teacher and Parent involvment in activities and events. Coworkers are fun and supportive. Going the extra mile.
Pros
Great Management, enjoyable coworkers, set schedule, set hours, high demand
Cons
Gossip, quick turn around, favoritism
Productive and Fun workplace
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 26, 2016
I loved the experience. Hours and management ws very flexable. i learned about the different types of learning stlyes and how they apply to differnt children.
Productive but stressful, with no opportunity
Floater (Former Employee) –  Glen Carbon, ILAugust 30, 2016
A typical day at work, since I was a floater, consisted of literally floating around to every classroom all day. It was highly inconsistent, did not allow me to get to know the children or their parents which created incredible conflict. I learned how difficult it is to work at corporate daycare facilities and that children do not receive as much love and attention as they should. I noticed that many of the children receive little or wrong attention from the parents because of their stressful, work-filled lives, the least we could do is give them the right attention but the company does not provide us with capabilities of doing so. The whole time working here I felt as my hands were tied behind my back, leaving me unable to fulfill the duties management, teachers, and parents expected me to. Needless to say, I was very unhappy here and realized that most co-workers and children were as well. I have worked with children in various settings with multiple companies before and I can say that this has been my worst experience. I am utterly appalled and disappointed at management and corporate practices here. I would not advise working here and/or taking your children here.
Pros
Children, proximity
Cons
Management, Corporate, Inconsistency, Focus is not on children, Too many hurt children, Toxic environment
Nice place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 16, 2015
a work day is you making a great learning and growing environment for the kids. You get an hour lunch and thats nice. but having to comply with so many rules can be a little hectic
Pros
long lunch hour, fall in love with the kids
Cons
pay is bad
Very productive but advancement can be short-lived for my livelihood.
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2015
I enjoy working as a toddler teacher, but I feel as though I cannot excel to the potential status of where my skills and abilities lie. Sometime during a certain time of the year especially during the summer months, there are cut backs on staff due to low attendance by the children. The most enjoyable time of the day iss eeing the smiling faces of my children, eager and happy.
Pros
Excellent start in pursuing degree, staff-family oriented
Cons
cut back in employment hours
i loved the place you just cant grow. this place just cant i started working as a floater they dont hire full time employee. . this is not a place wh
lead teacher (Former Employee) –  lead teacherNovember 10, 2015
great place to work if you like drama. this center is run by a director that is unorganized . the teacher are great . the parents are all thoughtful .
Fun workplace.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 3, 2015
Each day was a different and enjoyable. I love children so being able to see them smile and play made each day easier. I loved coming to work interacting with the kids and my co-workers.You get to teach these kids something they could use later on in life which is a great joy.
Interesting and fun place to work
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Typical day starts at 0630, cook and serve breakfast, lunch and snack to more than 100 children and staff. I learned more about food service and keeping cost and waste down. My coworkers were entertaining and enjoyable to work with. Management was easy to talk to about issues and any problems we may have encountered. The hardest part were the hours and The most enjoyable part are the kids who become attached to you and love seeing you on a daily basis.
Pros
coworkers and chance to go on field trips with schoolagers
Cons
pay
Outstanding school I would recommend parent to enroll his or her child or children
Lead Teacher Two's (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2015
Management provided an environment to have growth and training in areas you express interested in. It was light and fun but well organized school, no drama making the environment workable. I enjoyed working at the company because your colleagues worked to help each other and you grew from that experiences making your production better, your days easier and your activity with your class and children easier.
Pros
no micro mangement
Cons
not enough money for my experience
productive and fun place to work
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 1, 2015
this has been the best company I have ever worked for if it weren't for me to get pregnant I would have definitely stayed there. I bonded with the teachers and well as the children and their families. The management team had very good communication and we were all on the same page all the time.
Teachers were ansome
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 12, 2015
Partipated with the children in their day to day activities, which included indoor and outdoor games, crafts projects.

Gained experience working with children. To better understand how to operate a daycare facility.
fun but challenging
HEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  cypress txSeptember 29, 2015
various age groups not very much structure or organization management was not very helpful with helping with fixing problems or making sure that correct hours are logged in but its always a fun day with kids just wish management would care for their staff and facilities more
Pros
kiddos
Cons
management
easy work place, stressful, unorganized upper management
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 3, 2015
co-workers were friendly and helpful
upper management was unprofessional
getting a steady pace and routine with orders and fixing food.
best part was coming up with special meals for kids with special diets.
Pros
providing meals for children, fast pace meal counts, planned menu
Cons
management, late food and material orders
Enjoyed seeing the children everyday.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAOctober 3, 2015
I enjoyed working with the children and taking to parents. It was a fun, lively place to work. When I left it was because I had an opportunity to get a job that had better pay and was flexible for my children when they were young.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Didn't pay very well
Your child's favorite home. away from home!
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 28, 2016
A typical day at work includes, walking in the classroom with a big happy personality to keep my students focused and know that I do enjoy being there. We have a morning activity to complete everyday, no matter how small or big, just to get the day started. Depending on the weather we may or may not go outside but if we do not, we still have a great time. Lesson plans always comply with the developmental needs for a child to be successful and I always go the extra mile to make sure of it. I have learned so much over the years of being a teacher, and though I'm just starting out and have so much to learn, I am able and willing to always be better. One thing that I will take with me everywhere is that, every child deserves to be the best that they can be, and if I know something that will help someone else, share it! My management is very creative, welcoming, and always think of what is best for the students. My co-workers are hardworking and a part of my motivation when I walk into work everyday. The hardest part of my job is knowing that sometimes the lesson plan you may have set for the day may not get through to every students because they all learn differently. Although, the most enjoyable part of my job is going back, making a few alteration on lesson plans, and having every student learn something and feel great and confident about what they have learn that day. I am proud to be an educator.