La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Management aside, great job
Lead-Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 25, 2017
The job itself was good. Dependable hours, good pay. The only problem really was the management. Treating employees like garbage caused the high turnover rate and made the job hostile.
Productive, Relaxed work environment
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2017
La Petite is a great work environment! I've built a strong relationship with staff, children, and also the parents! My location was very staff friendly, for example: once a month they would provide lunch for us, we've had pj day, jean day, etc. All in all a fun workplace.
Children showing the love everyday is make me feel good.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2017
The thing I loves making the children have a love and fun learning experience . The faces they show us everyday is priceless. Love teaching them new things.
Pros
Everyone is family friendly.
Cons
Have to cover our shift if we are out sick.
exciting work environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 23, 2017
Everyday is a new challenge in childcare.
From maintaining state ratios to encouraging your staff to grow with the company and caring for children all throughout, every day is a busy one.
fun work place
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the children and the parents, I love working and interacting with others so this made for a great environment to work in and work for
Every place has pros and cons
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 23, 2017
not enough compensation for the amount of work corporate wants you to do. You are given so many hours for each teacher which is not enough or realistic. Bottom line is this corporation is all about the money.
Childcare
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 21, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the children and their parents. I worked with two years olds, so it was tons of fun each day. We did many different activities daily and I enjoyed watching the children learn.
Help Wanted: Patient, loving, enduring, and giving teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TX 75007June 21, 2017
A great opportunity to work with children and learn about parenting and gain teaching experience. Any daycare or school will give you these opportunities. This school is very chaotic and disorganized. But I built many meaningful relationships with the staff and children here. If you are extremely patient and have a love for teaching then you should apply. Good for college students or summer jobs.
Pros
Free meals, flexible hours, cute children, some nice coworkers, and nice facility
Cons
Short breaks (sometimes you don't get a break), low pay, high ratios, employees unfairly treated, disorganized, chaotic work environment, not enough school supplies, toys, or resources, and too much paperwork
Great Center
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
The staff, children, and family are great. The center is a very fun and safe environment. I love working with the children and they make coming to work everyday such a joy!
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
n/a
Not a teacher friendly company
Stephanie Mills, Director when originally hired (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 19, 2017
Not a friendly company towards the staff. Management was tough to deal with on an everyday bases. Pay was not fair and DM was unwilling to compensate good teachers.
Pros
Cleanliness
Cons
Pay
Just Daycare
Summer School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2017
The students were not learning anything. The ratios were over, the teachers were untrained and there was no curriculum. The school doesn't prepare children for Kindergarten.
Cons
No curriculum and poor pay.
not a good job for someone with a family life
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJune 19, 2017
not a good company for someone who has a family with young kids. drs. apts, and school. They are not flexible with your schedule. a typical day was unplanned, and unorganized. they are nothing more than a glorified babysitting job.
It’s a ok place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
When I first had my interview they offered my a lead team position due to my experience in the field. When I first started I was given a lead teacher position at s low pay we decided on. The classes room was always over ratio and when they where shirt staff they would always move the children around from class to class. The director never I mean never came in the classroom to see if teachers needed help or anything for that matter. She either sat in the office all day or was always gone on personal appointments. Everyone had to do over time cause we was short staff, even when I told her I couldn’t cause of my own kids she told me I would be written up. But upper management left on time always. If upper management helped and can in the classroom more to see what the teachers went through it would be a better place to work.
Pros
The families of the children where so nice
Cons
Lack of management support and only got 1 break out of a 9 hour shift
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. I had many advances while I was employed there. I also had the opportunity to meet some great teachers and wonderful parents.
Boo
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 15, 2017
Place sucks! I loved the kids and parents and actually met my best friend here but, working here was horrible. One teacher did not tell the truth to parents and I would never work here agin
Good place to start to see if you really like working with kids
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 15, 2017
a typical day could start out normal, doing your shift and then going home, but sometimes it doesnt always work that way, you might be asked to stay extended hours thinking you are going to get over time but they always fine a way to not letting you get overtime, thats my biggest problem with the job long hours and short pay.
Pros
reduce employee discount for care
Cons
little pay
Rewarding job
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OkJune 15, 2017
I loved working in the infant room but as a mother working here, supervision of other teachers and standard of care was not up to my standards since my son was in another room at this school.
okay job
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 13, 2017
only thing was this job was a contract. when it lost their contract, months went by without any work. the leader ship was a bit unorganized, however, things may have changed now.
National Preschool
Director (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 13, 2017
Company give lot's of support and listens to the employee. A bit too much paperwork. Good benefits and compensation for director's and up, not so much for teachers.
Great family ambiance but stressful.
Loved to see the children's faces every day.
Pros
Life with children always rewarding
Cons
Too much paperwork
Lack of Professional Managers
VPK Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2017
Management could benefit greatly of training for better interaction with the employees. It would also be ideal that employees can work at least 40 when hired as full time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
full time does not entitle employee to 40 hours per week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9