La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Productive. Workplace
TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 10, 2017
Fun and energetic workplace! Loving and nurturing staff. Wonderful VPK teachers. My children know and love all the teachers, wake up happy and ready to go to school. Long term teachers
Daycare Teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 8, 2017
This job feild is stressful but so loving at the same time when you are seeing infants and toddlers all day. The cons are no advancements, company does not go through with something they tell you, the company is great I received many benefits when Hurricane Harvey hit through Corporate. Management is never on the same page (at my location)
I liked working there and the management was supportive.
Infant's teacher (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 7, 2017
The work was balanced, but sometime stressful.
The team and the management were supportive.
Due to some circumstances, it was possible to serve high load of kids alone., but I enjoyed working there.
Good
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed the fact that I was in charge of my classroom. However I will say it seemed very hectic and not enough structure. They did provide you with everything you need for curriculum.
Pros
Paid time off.
Cons
Short lunch breaks
relaxed atmosphere
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 5, 2017
La Petite had a relaxed atmosphere. staff was lacking education, but management provided a detailed curriculum for staff to follow. open floor plan with all classrooms in one giant room.
Kids are kids
Pre- K Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 2650 Pembrook DriveNovember 4, 2017
They don't tell you in job description:
Clean the bathrooms, large classrooms
20 kids ages 2-5 in classroom
force to diaper kids hired as Pre-K lead
Pros
you have a job
Cons
cut hrs even if hired full-time, you clean everything no housekeeper, 1 adult to 20 kids ratio, employees suffer criticism daily, stay sick due lack of cleanliness
Nice environment but low pay
Early Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time while I was employed there. The staff was friendly and management was fair. I loved working with the children. It was just too low paying of a position to stay at that point in my career.
Stressful place ever
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCNovember 2, 2017
The management are unbelievable, the place is hot mess no control at all since you enter the center until you go home you have to hold your breath I worked after that for another company truly can tell la petite it’s not daycare unfortunately is a market .
Pros
They don’t give even smile
Former Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 2, 2017
La petite academy is a fine work place. Teacher are very friendly and very attentive. The front office are nice and helpful ladies. I learned a lot from La petite academy.
Pros
Mon - Fri
Highly Recommended
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, CO 80104November 1, 2017
Great work atmosphere. Lots of students, good management.
Building is in good aesthetic condition. Uniforms are instilled on staff. Most teachers/staff are friendly/communicative towards parents and visitors.
Gosspiy teachers and poor management
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 31, 2017
There was not very much consistency in the teachers that would show up, or show up on time. Management was very slack about this, causing much stress to other workers. The atmosphere was petty and gosspiy, with everyone talking behind everyone else's back and people poking their noses into everyone's business. Children were judged racially and so were parents. I may be out of a job, but it's better than working there.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Much inconsistency
Experience with teaching
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, New MexicoOctober 29, 2017
Really good place to get experience working with children and teaching. If being a teacher is something you would like to take on as a career, this job is for you.
Expected to do more than possible
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 28, 2017
The kids make it worth it but, expect to take work home with you daily because prep time is unheard of and breaks are hit or miss.If you have a great director it is better but, most are to worried about the bottom line because of corporate to care about the teachers.
Pros
Benefits for full time employees are average
Cons
Breaks are rare, demand is high, to much paperwork
Worst Childcare Experience
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 27, 2017
As a teaching assistant for a summer at La Petite, I felt that we were taken advantage of. My lunches were stretched so that I could be there longer but not meet the hour requirements for being paid full time. There was no organization throughout the day and while it was advertised as a learning environment with a curriculum, no curriculum was enforced.
Treated new employees better than veteran employees
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 25, 2017
New hires get paid more with very little education than someone who has been there for 11 years, a lead teacher and is just half a quarter short of an associates degree. They play favorites and let some teacher get away with doing whatever they want and some get talked to for everything. Would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Would give it negative stars if I could.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Poor management
Lead/Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 24, 2017
The "director" of the school was awful. Lack of communication. She would show up to work around noon every day. Favored employees and was extremely unprofessional in all aspects of management.
Work hours are not stable and/or too long.
VPK Teacher Teach a VPK (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 22, 2017
Work hours are cut during the summer time. You do not always work the hours scheduled. They can send you home early when not enough students are in the center to support the number of staff members. Management does not support teachers well and do not communicate well with staff in regards to changes, expectations, and/or conflict resolution.
Daycare
LEAD TEACHER (Former Employee) –  New MexicoOctober 16, 2017
A lot of people may think this is a place where you just watch children. its not, its an academy with a great STEM curr. and lesson plans. the teachers are a great team and work well together.
Pros
love
Cons
sad
Working with La Petite Academy
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working with La Petite Academy. Everyday was different. Children were well cared for. I enjoyed working with staff members and parents.
Preschool
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 13, 2017
Loved working with the kids but was not paid very well for how stressful and how much was required for you to do. Was good experience but that’s about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

Personal Development
2.1

Career Opportunities

Family Support
2.2

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight