La Petite Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Good job, had a great director
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
I enjoyed working at La Petite. The only reason for leaving was because they do not give a discount to employee children under 18months, therefore, I could not afford to work there and have my child attend.
not much structure and unfair management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Knoxville TNJuly 19, 2015
Change diapers and start potty training two year old kids. Document all diaper changes and what the children ate for the day and what they enjoyed and any other special notes. Take attendance for all kids there that day and what time they checked in and out.

Ive learned many things about child development.

Seems as if management doesnt really care about their employees. Seems to take advantage of employees. Not very helpful when it comes to trying to organize classroom and making sure all necessary paperwork is filled out.

Co-workers are amazing and extremely helpful but some do lack poor communication.

Hardest part of the job is keeping your patience with some of the children because of their behavior. Also trying to keep up your classroom with different teachers coming in and out.

Teaching the children. You are really making a difference in their lives and they grow to love you and you them. Develop relationships with them and their parents.
Pros
teaching the children
Cons
no breaks or help from the management
It was not my most favort place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJuly 16, 2015
working with 2 year olds.

I learned how to play with them

Management was ok.

c-workers helped out

not knowing were you are teaching

playing with the children
Pros
good food
Cons
need more bathrooms
Bad
Assistant in Management (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 15, 2015
This job was not my best because teh Director played favorisim accourding to me and I was not able to perform my duties at this location. Many of the Director's favorite team members did my assign duties while I was doing there light work. I wanted to grow as an individual and was not able to at his particular school
Pros
nothing
Cons
the entire experience
Enjoyed working in the infant room.
Assistant Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJuly 13, 2015
I worked with 6 week - 12 month old infants. I was in a classroom with two other teachers and we shared the responsibilities feeding, diaper changes and entertaining the infants we had in our class. The management and other co-workers worked well with each other and got along and as a team to help with all of the classrooms in the center. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the infants reaching their milestones and watching them grow into toddlers. The most difficult part of the job was keeping up with nine infants at a time.
Pros
The hours were great.
Cons
The pay wasn't the best.
Nurturing enviroment
Child Provider Team Lead and Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
Checking children in and out
Caregiving
management of curriculum
training new staff members
Parent child interaction
Time management
Following developmental appropriate materials for each age group
Great Daycare for your child to attend
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MarylandJuly 9, 2015
La Petite Academy is a great place to work, It works well with people who go to school or have another job. The staff is nice and the management is awesome. I have my own classroom and love the children.
A place where children learn, have fun and get to know themselves.
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2015
Supervising, assisting and helping infants, children and youths in educational skills. I learned that all children learn different and they are interesting people. The management were caring and dedicated. Co-workers were great people to work with and the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the children.
Needs new Director
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  puyallup, WAJuly 7, 2015
They reward favorites over true hard working employees. There was no opportunity for growth with the company. Director refused to work schedules and interests with the employees.
Pros
Making the kids laugh
Cons
over work their employees, no room for growth
love teaching
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJuly 5, 2015
• Maintained constant supervision of children in care.
• Maintained accurate attendance records of children.
• Interacted with parent in a positive and friendly manner.
• Maintained ongoing knowledge of curriculum programs.
• Provided identifiable activities and routine for the children.
Pros
Working with teachers
Cons
My children leaving the class
Okay
After School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJuly 1, 2015
It was an okay place to work. The children were the best thing to have around, but the building was not ran properly to ensure that the children were getting the best supervision that they needed.
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 1, 2015
When preschoolers learn creative ways of problem solving or using a new and advanced vocabulary, that is the highlight of my teaching !
Management was the downfall
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 30, 2015
I loved this job. The other teachers were amazing, and I learned much from them. Unfortunately, the management at the time of my employment left much to be desired, including commentary regarding children's health and wellness, which simply didn't sit well with me. I would go back to La Petite, just not under this particular set of managers. I don't say that lightly, and understand it can be seen as petty in a setting such as this, but it is truth, and quite frankly, I would have stayed there for many years if it hadn't been for these two women.
Pros
Excellent people to work with.
Cons
Salary
fun and safe enviroment for workers and children
Unpaid intern (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 29, 2015
The time that I was an unpaid intern at La Petite Academy I was very comfortable, and always looked forward to attending the workplace.
Pros
parents, and workers are very friendly
Cons
Didnt work there long enough
A great place to work!
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 25, 2015
This is a wonderful company to work for, as long as you love children! It is upbeat on your feet work but it is worth it at the end of the day!
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 25, 2015
worked at the corp off in Kansas, had a blast at this company. We dressed up for Halloween everyone did and did contest.

I loved talking to the Academy Directors from other states that i worked with.
Pros
Had parties and family picnics
fun ,fast paced,tedious work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 24, 2015
Taking care of children during daily classroom activities
Pre k ages 4-6.

non flexible hours because they were always short staffed.
wasn't alot of upward mobility at all.

the staff was very fake they were one way to the kids when the parents were around and drastically another when they were not around.
Pros
cheap benifits
Cons
fake staff
Fun place if you love kids
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJune 22, 2015
I lived working with children; however, the low pay made it hard for me to stay. Weekends off was fantastic but schedules were very inconsistent. Getting paid for overtime was at many times a hassle as they give you long breaks to get rid of it.
Pros
Changing children's lives, weekends off, great relationships with staff and families.
Cons
low pay, benefits, inconsistent shifts.
Sadly to say I would never work for this company.
Asst. Director - Tennessee (Former Employee) –  memphisJune 17, 2015
As a Asst. Director I would never work for La Petite, Learning Care Group. The care of the children was not and is not priority. The care for the staff was very poor. I enjoyed the fact that the company is well cover as far as enquipment and structure yet horrible management. My hands were tried as far as emplimenting the curriculum which I found very stimulating and relatable for the children. The director was not honest with the parents of what was going on in each classroom and teachers were not allow to express this to the parent. For many reason I can not list them all quite.
working with kids
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Horn lake MSJune 10, 2015
I worked with two years old. They are very curious but very helpful and willing to learn. we had daily activity and went outside daily if the weather were great. Loved my babies.
Pros
working with my kids
Cons
Not enough money