La Petite Academy Employee Reviews

Rewarding environment being able to impact children's lives everyday.
Watch and assist children and their needs (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 19, 2016
A typical day at work consists of providing care for infants and children. Us as teachers/assistant teachers must provide an effective curriculum for the children to engage in and accumulate new knowledge by doing so. I also have a responsibility of providing the children with a safe, fun, and positive environment to want to learn and develop. I do this by planning and implementing exciting activities, projects, and lessons. Another very important aspect of my job is to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with the parents of the children. This is very important in my opinion, so the parents are fully aware of who they are leaving their children's care in the hands of.
Ensure the safety and healthy environment of pre-toddlers
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 19, 2016
When working for La Petite Academy I had a tremendous opportunity to learn about children physical development and emotional stability.
Friday Fun
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 18, 2016
The day is beautiful the moment I step inside La Petite Academy. The neatly organized and decorated colorful rooms bring joy to my eyes. I start preparing the daily plan for the kids while I wait for them to come in one by one. The day gets better when I see the smiles on their face as they approach me with their hands wide open. We start our day off by having play time, eating time, reading time, nap time and more creative activities we plan each day. The most enjoyable part is building a happy relationship with the kids and their parents as well as growing with my co-workers and developing with the help of my management team. I believe I belong in this workplace so I never have a hard time. I love what I do, it is not just a job but a passion.
Great
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCOctober 18, 2016
Great job to work with coworkers I love working with the kids the staff is great the parents are awesome is great you get to take the kids on a field trip you can get them ready for school
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
Cooperate ChildCare
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLOctober 17, 2016
Each location is run a little bit different based on the director but it is a cooperate childcare and all amount the money at the end of day. If you have a wonderful director and team it can be a great place to work.
Was a great place back in the day
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  IAOctober 13, 2016
I worked here 8 yrs and when I first started it was like one big happy family. We all loved working there and cared about each other and all the families. In the last 2 years it has went down hill fast and is only in it for the money. They care nothing about anything else. They have went threw more then a handful of directors in these few years cause there just looking for someone to fill the seat no matter how unqualified they are. There is a rotating door of teachers in and out of that place. The only thing I miss about this place is some of the great family and children I got to know and love.
Pros
some great families
Cons
corporate, salary, revolving door of staff, lack of care for staff, in it for the money on the children
4.0 out of 5 stars
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 13, 2016
Good school to work for. Good hours. Flexible hours. Decent pay. A lot of things you can learn from this job. It's a good environment to work in. And good location.
Pros
Good hours
Very Enjoyable Experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 11, 2016
My two directors were always on top of things,wether it was behavioral or a new student touring,they poured their all into the experience for the student and made sure staff always took break on time.

The ratios to me are still a little loopy, but I loved the kids and their families that I worked with, and I will forever appreciate my director taking a chance on me!

I worked for KinderCare as well and I will say WITH OUT A DOUBT, La Petite to me was a 4-5 star experience. I had nothing but awful experiences and things to say about KinderCare and how they manage multiple things.
Pros
Good pay, ability to grow
Cons
Inconsistent hours
kids needs
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLOctober 10, 2016
Excellent choice for child care. Kind, caring staff that I trust completely to meet all my children's needs. The teachers there seem to go above and beyond to bond with all the kids left in their care and are great about communicating with me as well. Great place that you'll like as much as I do if you choose them for your family.
Great workplace!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 8, 2016
I truly enjoy working here! The company is great and is always offering trainings to go to if you want to better your early childhood learning. I love getting to know the children and watching them grow! The hardest part of the job is having the kids that were in your class advance to the next class but that's also the most enjoyable because you get to watch them grow!
LPA has many different locations
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 6, 2016
Each location is different, but as a company, they have a lot to offer. Very professional upper management, but some of the first level managers are not as supportive as they should be.
Pros
Pay, benefits, rewarding, internal promotions
Cons
Corporate mentality
Love working with kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 3, 2016
Teaching children is fun and was my job every day i learned how to potty train 3 year olds would never think i would see that day but i did i also learned how to help children who are that age and don't want to learn they just want to play and i learned how to get them interested in the things i was teaching them. The director was nice but could of did better at her job and treating her employees better .The hardest part about my job was i had got the class room were every teacher i mean ever teacher quit bc they thought it was to hard trying to potty train and the behavior so i was put in the room and controlled it well and potty trained every single one .
Pros
being able to teach children
Cons
Pay for leads
wonderful place to work and take your kids
Cook (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 29, 2016
All teachers are awesome and always bring something fun and exciting to the classroom. This is a great place to check out.
Great company
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 28, 2016
Amazing company overall. Workplace is no such word very close staff and management relationship. Wonderful children where everyone main focus is education with fun along the way.
Great Place
Lead Teacher/ Assitant Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2016
this was a great center to work it I was the assistant director I worked all over the Center and I got a lot of wisdom and knowledge on how to run the business
Very Productive
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2016
Always on your feet. Never a dull moment with the co-workers. Co-workers always giving each other a helping hand when in need. You learn something new from all the children and staff. Morning greetings are the best when parents drop off and we get to interact with them and there child/children . Also pick up it also great. Get to explain to parents how our day when and what we did for the day such as a book we read , song we sang , or hand on activities we did throughout the day. The hardest part is keeping up with kids all day but worth it.
A place of adventure.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 20, 2016
Greet parents and children upon arrival. Interact with children.How to take care of infants. Management was good. My co-workers were great we all worked together as a team. My job wasn't hard. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching the infants grow at the different stages of their little lives.
Good Pay
Kissimmee, FL. Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 11, 2016
I was paid pretty well. I got along with my coworkers. My boss was really nice. The only negative is the school was really crowded. Always seem like too many children and not enough teachers.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Crowded. Too many children not enough teachers. Had to work super late.
good working enviroment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  1950 E alameda st norman,okSeptember 9, 2016
my experience was overall good. nice& clean place. cooperative teaching staff,love kids,although sometimes work schedule can be
change,but nice place to work.
Pros
free breakfst, lunch
Cons
breaks
Active/physical work environment
Childcare Provider/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, MoSeptember 6, 2016
I love working with this kids! They are so much fun. I love being able to watch them grow and learn. There is very limited staff. Family owned business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Petite Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval