La Quinta Inns & Suites

La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Very fast paced work place.
Housekeeping supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 27, 2015
when I was there we were very under staffed, sometimes work was overwhelming. Management was not understanding of this.
Pros
Okay pay. Medical benifits were good
Cons
very short breaks, under staffed
Great Place.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 26, 2015
If you are good at Customer Service.... You will do great at La Quinta. It was my first job... and I enjoyed it. Ok Benefits, and very convenient.
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAAugust 25, 2015
The hotel is a good place to learn how to do different jobs. I enjoyed working at the hotel. The workers always made it fun. Didn't like having really messy rooms.
Cool place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 24, 2015
I learned that there is a lot to cleaning and how its suppose to be done. I enjoyed seeing the customers happy walking into a nice clean room.
Pros
We were aloud to leave for lunch.
Cons
short breaks.
Productive Company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 24, 2015
This place was awesome during my time there. Great management. Enjoyed my time there learned a lot with bookings of hotel and how the hotel is actually run. Fun and happy environment.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
other employees and drama
Nice staff, job just was not for me.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 24, 2015
Typically a lot of downtime waiting for guests to arrive. I didn't particularly enjoy that part.

The hardest part of this job was the unhappy customers- there were quite a bit of those.

Management was spread too thin between two locations at my time here.
Poor General Management at the Property levels
Assistant General Manager, Lackland AFB Property (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2015
At the executive level RVP's & EVP's are wonderful plus training staff is great...but at the property level it is the opposite story with GM's main purpose is the not pay employees well, order the least amount of much need upgrades-supplies-furniture, etc. - as possible in order to have a big end of year bonus. Customer and employee satisfaction takes a back seat to selfish motives. However, it a great opportunity to work there while you find something better.
Pros
Excellent Core Values, Great Employees
Cons
GM's bonus plan (creates not spending on needed items), Rodent infestation, high crime and poor security, worn down property and room conditions, no room inspections for cleanliness
changed hand alot
Breakfast room attendant (Former Employee) –  san diegoAugust 22, 2015
ownership changed over a lot difficult to keep changing owner
needed more qualified leaders. I did the best i could. all things considered
Pros
discounted rooms
At typical day at LaQuinta Inn & Suites is being able to greeet and check in guest that have reservations and asist walk ins with available rooms.
Front Desk Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILAugust 18, 2015
Customers feel excited and comfortable when they are greeted by a customer friendly GSR that genuinely cares about their well being. Management allows me an opportunity to be myself and to be the face of the company.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work in
Cons
Not eneough hours per week
Productive work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIAugust 17, 2015
Good place to work at. Good hours and very flexable. Co-workers are all great to work with, everyone gets along well. Hardest part of the job would have to be angry customers, but there pretty easy to calm down when you find a way to help them out.
Good Hotel, Not good Job atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  College Sta, TXAugust 17, 2015
During my time at La Quinta, we had many complaints about the age of the building and the management would only do minor fixes. We also where badly communicated with on several occasions. Job doesn't pay enough for the amount of thinks you have to do.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Old Building, Bad Management, Bad Housekeeping
Love this hotel
Front Desk/ Office (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYAugust 12, 2015
Management and employees were great. Wonderful people to work with. Great job for people of any ages. Definitely recommended.
Enjoyable environment
Assistant Management (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2015
A great mix of management and co-workers working together to provide a friendly environment, while satisfying customer needs. Learned many team building and managerial techniques regarding business improvements and sales techniques.
Night Auditor
NIGHT AUDITOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  StockbridgeAugust 11, 2015
Greet and offer cusotmer service ot potential guest at the hotel. Conduct nightly audit of day to day revenue. Governed facility including parking lot and building.
n/a
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2015
Great part time job to have. Fun place to work. Not much opportunity to advance. Great opportunities to meet new faces each day. And management is great, very understandable and cooperative.
Favoritism and Poor Management Practices
Front Desk Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 9, 2015
This is a relatively easy job. It's very straightforward and the software used is very user friendly. The building is well kept. The pay is good for starting out in hotel work. However, the co-workers and management made that place far too stressful for me to work at. There was a ton of work place drama, in the short four week I worked there, about four or five people were fired or quit. The GM is very laid back, however, her management skills lack greatly. Instead of privately talking to other employees about certain things, she would allow other employees to walk in and out during the conversation and rope them into it, I watched her berate another employee at the front desk. I also watched and waited on other co-workers while they were away on shuttle shifts so I could do certain things. Several times, shuttle drivers would be gone for over an hour without any kind of notice.

I would not recommend working at this particular location at all.
Pros
easy job
Cons
hours, pay, management
Productive & Nice enviroment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 8, 2015
Is a good company to work, because I have a nice experience with my boss and coworkers. I never have any discrepancy with nobody. In general is a nice environment.
Pros
Free luch
Cons
Short break
PRODUCTIVE
Front Desk Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  PLANTATION, FL; COLUMBUS, OH; CORAL SPRINGS, FLAugust 6, 2015
ANSWERING PHONE
CHECKING IN AND OUT GUEST
TROUBLE-SHOOT GUEST RELATIONS
MAKING RESERVATIONS
DOING AUDIT
BALANCING DRAW AT END OF SHIFT
GETTING DISCOUNTED ROOMS WAS MOST ENJOYABLE
Pros
GET TO WORK AT DIFFERENT HOTELS
typical day at work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORAugust 5, 2015
making reservations ,creating customer relations building rapport handiling cash and credit card transactions checking guest in and out helping housekeeping do laundary . setting up breakfast
Pros
customer service
Cons
no bennifits
An enjoyable fast paced and challenging work environment
Front Desk Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 4, 2015
Great work environment with family styled employee friendships. Excellent management and engaging taskwork. Every day provides its own unique challenges that keeps work interesting.
Pros
Staff comradery and social activity
Cons
Constantly Changing Work Schedule