La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

Found 1,279 reviews matching the search
Good facility, poor management
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 18, 2017
No room for advancement within the company, no incentives, no pay raises, manager hides the fact that you get paid vacation, poor management all together.
Nice Job
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 18, 2017
Nice place full of opportunities and great communication between employees and management.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401K.
Si
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 17, 2017
Mucho trabajo y muchas horas no me pagaban bien no
Pros
Cons
Si
Enjoyed working the front desk with customers but management needed to practice fair employability.
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 17, 2017
I loved working with the public. My working with the customers is what allowed me to stay with the company for such a lengthy time. I worked hard and was able to move from front desk to front desk manager.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
limited shifts
Houskeeping
CUSTOMER SERVICE / HOUSE KEEPING ASST. MRG (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 16, 2017
Housekeeping and Customer service. Pleasant work environment. Friendly people. Great meeting new people on a regular basis. Great structure & staff at the time.
Prductive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2017
Nice place to work. Staff was friendly. Enjoyed the job but it was hard on my body. Pay started at 10.00/ hour. I didn't talk to many other employees because they didn't speak english.
Housekeeping slow
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHAugust 15, 2017
Basic housekeeping job slow paced did the rooms at my speed. I have a good manager who asks what I want off for the week and everything. Laundry is what's slow.
fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist - PT (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
Learning differ task such as housekeeping, front desk, and many more. Ive grown so much with this company learn pataints and keeping a smile of other faces.
Pros
free break fast
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKAugust 15, 2017
I loved this job, i was early for work and stayd late when needed, but one day i had flat and called let them kniw i was going to b 30-45 min late and they fired me. Said they had a zero tolerance for tardiness.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Managment
Productive work space with great management.
Head Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 14, 2017
I loved working here there is just no room for me to move up in this company. They seem to have all there manager positions filled with no signs of needing more.
Pros
Management was awesome
Cons
No room the grow
Average day
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 10, 2017
They were not many of us that worked at my location. So your shifts were pretty much concrete and not much room for a switch around. Could be very slow and boring for 8 straight hours especially at 7am.
very clean and friendly enviroment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 9, 2017
always had all the tools needed to get my chores done. Never had any problems with pay or days that I needed off due to family or emergency issues. I would highly recommend working for La Quinta Inn.
Pros
Friendly employees
Cons
Summary
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VAAugust 9, 2017
Very bad Managment is horrible. I wouldn't recommend anyone to ever work there. Rooms are gross, Smells like dog urine and the head housekeeper hasn't fixed the problem.
Pros
employees
Cons
Mangers, Head Housekeepers
fun, loving work environment and great people
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salmon Creek, WAAugust 8, 2017
A typical work day is very fast-pace and always interacting with amazing people, I have learned a lot about customer service working there and enjoyed it very much. The Management wasn't good while i worked there, was very stressful all the time with her there. The hardest part of the job was working swing with only one person and have to answer phones with 2-3 sometimes 4 people on the phone and having to give them calls back because there would be 8-15 people in the lobby, and you have to do it all by yourself. The most enjoyable part was just helping people and meeting so many different AMAZING people and of course the owner, he was always the most amazing person and the sweetest guy I have ever met!
I dont know what you want here.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2017
My day started out with making sure all employees were there. I Lear need that if you take care of your employees they will take care of you. I enjoyed being the manager and the culture was to take care of the guests. The harvest part of my job was having to fire someone. The most enjoyable was seeing the good quality control scores and my employees happy.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Not being able to give my employees more.
Not a good place to work at
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 6, 2017
Hotels aren't good, customers aren't good, no room to move up, staff are treated badly by corporate. Use it just to get some experience then go somewhere better.
Pros
Good for expeirence
Cons
Bad hotels, Bad customers, No opportunity to move up.
No Sense of Standards
Front desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 4, 2017
A typical day at this location is getting calls that the room smells, bathroom is dirty, room hasn't been cleaned, or the A/C doesn't work. The front desk job is literally just a punching bag for incompetent housekeeping. There is no room for advancement here, you never get a pay increase, and are expected to still find this job fulfilling. When the majority of the front desk staff is actively seeking new employment due to incompetence and terrible conditions, maybe it's time to rethink the hotel.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Punching bag for housekeeping's mistakes, poor management
Working on the BRIGHT SIDE!
(Front Desk Supervisor)-FDSR2 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 3, 2017
La Quinta definitely stands true to their "Here for you, Here for me" slogan. The guest and the employees are given the same amount of hospitable respect. I worked for an airport property the host a total of 279 rooms, and many nights we would sellout! However, no matter how busy the flow of the work day maybe or how busy the managers are, they always find time to interact with the staff and applaud or due diligence. People, Passion, Integrity, Excellence and Unique...the core values that are instilled in all employees of La Quinta Inns, and La Quinta Inns & Suites.
stay away
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 3, 2017
Bedbugs on the second floor. I have never worked for a company that did not supply cloves until i worked here. The rooms were the room, if you understand that. My problem was the way that I was trained. I was trained to not change the sheets on the bed, if there was hair on the bed just use a lint roller. nothing is thoroughly cleaned in this hotel, i mean nothing. they did call a company to spray for the bedbugs, but it was too late because most of them were sucked up in the vacuum then used for the next room only for the spread of the bugs to start. So if you want to stay at a hotel that do not change their sheets or pillow cases La Quinta is the place to go.
Pros
tips in rooms
Cons
dont change sheets
It started off decent but started to become off
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 3, 2017
I enjoyed working there but the environment became slightly off. Employees that were somewhat decent and trying to make an effort were terminated or did not come back anymore.
Pros
convient lunch areas
Cons
hours will be cut short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

La Quinta Inns & Suites Reviews by Location