La Quinta Inns & Suites Employee Reviews

The hotel must productive.becouse of the good manegment and cooperation of the employee and the owner of the hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Minot ndSeptember 27, 2016
The hotel is beutiful and clean and the maneger is good and also the employee is good. That why the hotel is productiveand competative to other hotel in the word
The hardest job you'll ever love!
Front of House Assistant Manager / Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 24, 2016
I love the pace and variety of the work. Guests are both a joy and a headache but that is customer service. One must have a strong desire to serve and a thick skin. Unfortunate that the pay is so low as truly top notch pros have little incentive to continue offering the level of service that the guests come to expect. Low pay tends to attract lower quality candidates and high turnover.
Pros
My team, our property owner and our guests.
Cons
Low pay for quality of work provided.
Busy hotel with not enough resources
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 23, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work in the hospitality industry. And that's why I love the field I'm in. In a day I have cleaned rooms, put out breakfast, coached employees, entered invoices while maintaining a balanced budget, monitored weekly labor to stay under model forecast, made adjustment to guest invoices, entered groups for the sales department, entered meeting rooms for the sales department, conducted daily Ops meeting with all managers in all departments, and interacted with guests in the greeting zone to welcome them to our property.

I learned a lot during my brief time at La Quinta. I learned about budgeting; the creation and implementation of budgeting especially.

My coworkers were all very different, but I enjoyed working with all of them. I would meet with housekeeping, maintenance, sales, front desk, and my General Manager on a daily basis to go over daily operations and see what each department was focused on that day. My coworkers liked to laugh a lot, which makes a 10 to 15 hour day more pleasant then it otherwise would be. But, when it was time to work, everyone was dedicated to their departments and worked very hard.

The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain a level of excellence without adequate resources. For instance, when 7 air conditioners break down in the middle of July and you can't replace them and you're sold out for the night.

The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the employees that worked under me. I truly felt respected by all my employees and they came to me often with issues or just to talk.
  more... I earned the respect of the housekeepers because I would clean rooms right beside them and I earned respect from the front desk because I would stay late to help them check people in on a sold out night.  less
Pros
Work laptop, free cell phone
Cons
Bad healthcare
Fun and Upbeat Workplace Environment
Housekeeper, Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Marana, AZSeptember 22, 2016
The staff and manager are encouraging and helpful. There are several rooms to clean each day, and a time requirement to have rooms cleaned by. Though challenging at times, it is a very rewarding experience to make the customers have an enjoyable stay.
I worked managing the building and helping in the office
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78735September 18, 2016
Nice place to work, I felt like in family, I grew up and learned a lot, all my coworkers and supervisors gave me much support to my learning, thanks.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not private parking
working outside my field
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 18, 2016
throughout my schooling i went to school for human services. at the time i was looking for a job to make ends meet. I started out in house keeping then went on to be a laundry attendant. I learned quite a bit on the job and my boss was awesome.
very friendly
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2016
loved this job just not enough hours very friendly co workers and management easy job love the people there very friendly light atonmsphere friendly guest
Making changes
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 17, 2016
LQ is beginning to make changes to improve upon the room for advancement. Job Work/Life balance can be challenging at times, but they are addressing that as well.
Pros
Tight knit within regions
Cons
Doing more with less
crazy, just crazy
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILSeptember 15, 2016
this location sucks!! no organization, never have the supplies we need to work with, everyday there is some different bullsh!t, the attitude of one chick is horrible, none of the vacuums work, have to get to work very early or you wont get towels and sheets to stock cart with, people steal and on top of all that we only get 23 minutes to clean those out of date,dingy rooms.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
hard to work when you dont have the things you need.
Really unorganized property and extremely understaffed.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 15, 2016
My experience at La Quinta was one of the worst house keeping experiences of my career. There was never any linen and sometimes we even had to do our own laundry between room. manager would let room sit sometimes for days at a time which made it harder to clean. Rooms would sometimes acquire horrible smells and dirt in tubs would be tough to remove. housekeeping supervisor could've been more attentive as far as checking behind housekeepers and maintenance personal. Given my prior housekeeping /supervisor experience sometimes I would be selected to inspect room and I personally would be very disappointed. Communicating cleanliness issues to other housekeepers was tough seeing as they didn't take critiquing of their work as constructive criticism. My over all experience at :a Quinta was terrible.
Cons
Occupency was low causing hours to be cut drastically
Always something PRODUCTIVE to do
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 14, 2016
Check emails and Voicemails. Reply in a timely manner. Update group reservations. Review A/R. Follow up on accounts that are 60+ days past due by calling and/or emailing the company with supporting documentation.
Assist the front desk with check in or check out. Provide guest issue resolutions. Assist front desk agents with hotel policy questions.
Pros
I definitely learned something new every day.
Cons
Not enough time in the day to complete all i wanted to complete.
great
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Ely, NVSeptember 9, 2016
Very clean and the co workers were very nice, i really liked how organized and easy it was to work there i really enjoyed myself and when i did not understand something, the co workers where more then happy to answer them politely
A learning adventure
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXSeptember 8, 2016
I always learn new traits but the knowledge I received as a housekeeper at La Quinta Inn & Suites, I prefer to keep that info private. The manager is awesome and friendly and so helpful. So is hes crew.
Pros
go home early
Cons
part time workers have no benefits, schedule is long days
Great co-workers, bad management
Front Desk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2016
It was great working there interms of having co workers who helped one another and were pleasant. The management wasn't too helpful or even willing to talk about issues.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
no breaks, long hours, unexpected hours
A place to work wher you can be prductive and go to school
Front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TX 75482September 6, 2016
Fun Place to work and great place to meet new people. A place where you can make people feel home away form home. A place where you be kind to others and focus on yourself in the process.
Pros
Great work enviorment
Cons
No way to move up due to incompetent management
Management was hard to deal with
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 5, 2016
Typical day was fast pace very busy, co-workers seemed to work together good, but management had unreasonable expectations, hardest part of the job was random things you would see in a room, most enjoyable thing was meeting different people from all walks of life
Pros
Good people
Cons
Strange Hours, bad management
very bad management poor hours
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 31, 2016
they were very rude and disrespectful and they hardly gave any hours a typicaql day at this job was me cleaning the rooms for other guest
Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 26, 2016
Nice coworkers. Management and corporate is willing to work with you. Being a breakfast attendent you meet alot of people. Great place to work at.....
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Improper training, and poor management of property
Representative (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 25, 2016
The hospitality industry is a great field, everyday can be an adventure. However, this particular facility needs a great deal of work. The property is run-down. Management is not up to par and training is not very successful, given the fact the high turnover rate. Paperwork is back-dated all the time.
Pros
The wonderful people met on the daily basis.
Cons
Management, and training
beware the AGM
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2016
The GM is okay but watch out for the AGM. If she cannot control you then your on her bad list. Didn't get paid enough for the amount of work and stress I had to go through. This job is perfect for someone who doesn't have a life but if you have a family do not work here. They will try and run you.
Pros
Cons
no breaks, not paid enough

La Quinta Inns & Suites Reviews by Location