La Roche College Employee Reviews

Productive Work Environment. Great People
Assistant Athletics Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 8, 2017
Productive Work Environment. Great People.
A opportunity to start a career in a comfortable setting in a great location. Coworkers who will provide individual support to your career.
Pros
Great People. Trusting Environment
Cons
Career Growth
A great college
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2017
I go to La Roche college and faculty is incredible. I could not have made a better choice of college. The four years that I spent there has one of the greatest impact in my life.
good experience to teach college student
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 25, 2017
In my case, I do not have any experience to teach academic courses in English before I experienced this work. I can learn more about the way to describe a information that I know and that I have to explain to other through this work.
Pros
working flexibility, time management
Cons
low wage
Great Job
Writers' Center Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2017
Great job but temporarily while going to college. I enjoy working with fellow students to ensure they understand assignments and I also help them formulate ideas to better their writing.
Pros
close to college
Friendly, family-like atmosphere
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 29, 2015
The faculty and staff at La Roche are friendly, supportive and very helpful. Everyone works together to provide the best educational experience for students. The students are hard-working and fun and easy to work with.
Pros
Friendly and fun atmosphere
Cons
Work load varies
Great teachers and students, unethical administration
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 20, 2015
My co-workers (adjunct professors and teachers outside of the department) and students were fantastic; however, I found that the administration does not value experience and does not provide support for professional development and financial growth.
Cons
pay, lack of support for professional development
Great Work Environment
Lab Specialist (Science Department) (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PADecember 19, 2014
La Roche really is a great environment to work in. My co-workers are passionate, no nonsense, and have no problem coming together as a team to get things done. Personally, there is little micromanaging in our department and as long as everyone does their job there is no need for it. I love the fact that there are so many different skill sets required for my position and that in a typical day I could be doing a number of different things such as growing bacteria, office work, inventory, ordering or mixing chemicals, getting bids, supervising new hires, or working with vendors and maintenance to solve problems in the labs. The challenging aspect of my position tends to be keeping track of all the different time sensitive tasks in the midst of new projects, back ordered items, and unintended lab mishaps.
Pros
There is a lot of flexibility
Cons
There's no upward movement at the college from this position
OK Place to work
NURSING FACULTY, INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Pgh, PAAugust 1, 2014
Short-term working arrangement so little to tell. Nice management. Flexible and trusting employer.
Great job experience in multiple fields
Campus Coordinator, Schwartz Campaign for Governor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 29, 2014
La Roche College not only offered a prestigious academic work environment, but also gave me an opportunity to experience diverse work experiences along with a diverse student body and faculty office.
Many wonderful people in college atmosphere-faculty/staff/students
Administrative Assistant to AVP, Academic Affairs (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 7, 2014
Upper administration has much work to do. There are employees (as in all places) that do hot have enough work to do and some who do not have enough hours in the day. The college generally supplies no training. A better background check should be made on the upper management --- very few, but a couple in particular that I have first hand knowledge of would or should be dismissed immediately for unethical conduct.
Pros
Treat employees very well - holiday parties, family atmosphere
Cons
SALARY - still way below colleges in area.
Great management, poor heirarchy
Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 7, 2012
Working at La Roche was a great experience overall. The pay was extremely poor. However, the direct supervisors were wonderful.
fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 3, 2012
really enjoyed myself working for this company. everything was great, too bad they went out of business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at La Roche College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3