La Senza

La Senza Employer Reviews

Productive and great communication
Sales associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONApril 30, 2014
Helping our customers finds what is right for them. I've learn how to communicate well with customers in a hurry, work in a fast environment and multitask. Management is organized and understanding.
always a great team to work with
Sales Representative (Current Employee), waterloo, mississaugaApril 19, 2014
Heavily relied on as a part time retail employee, and think I deserve more pay. Love the team and the girls I work with (at two different locations). My managers all seem to be stressed, but enjoy it over all. Have learned many things about retail and how it is underestimated for the work that a lot of people put into it. Hardest part is sometimes working – more... very long hours and not being appreciated for it, and not being paid over time. Most enjoyable part is the team and the connections you make with customers. Amazing friends made and one of a kind experience with customers in the store. Love the job and company which is why I went back. – less
Great place to work at, interactive with many people within an hour giving our best service.
Cashier & Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fairview mallApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not enough hours per week
A typical day would to be cashing cutomers out and helping then on floor. My managers and co-workers were great, it was always done as team work. Communication was the key to everything. The hardest part of this job was inventory when staying in store really late going through every item, although every other say was enjoyable dealing with customers.
Busy sales environment involving excellent customer service and selling skills
Sales and Customer Care Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: staff discount, team environment
Cons: working very late - closing till 10pm and arranging floor sets sometimes until 4-5am
A typical day at work involves me being placed at the front of the store, greeting customers and establishing their needs. It is my duty to tell each customer about the deals we have going on in the store and trying to get them set up with as many of these promotional items as possible. I then communicate through headset with my other co-workers and – more... let them know what's going on with each customer as they each proceed through the store.
I learned how to maximize selling, getting to as many customers as possible, ensuring that everyone is greeted, taken care of and has received the best customer service possible. I also learned product knowledge, and how to deal with customer objections.
Management could be improved upon. The manager is not easily approachable and makes one feel like they are being judged in a negative way. There is also very little encouragement or positive feed back given by the store manager.
I have no complaints about my co-workers, all of them are easy to work with and they make the job fun.
The hardest part of the job is on slower days or days when people are not in the buying mood because management can come down a little hard on the employees.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team with my co-workers and having customers leave the store feeling happy and confident. – less
Fun, challenging and rewarding
Sales advisor (Current Employee), ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: job can be rewarding, positive feedback off customers.
Cons: rota keeps changing every few days, bonus schemes
A typical day at work for me is to receive a team brief in the morning so i know my daily targets, followed on by tasking in the morning depending on the day weekends we just concentrate purely on sales. I have a good team to work with some more experienced than other which is good because we all help each other out and pass new information and skills – more... that we have learned to each other. The hardest part of my job is hitting a high target set on a quite day and to try keep our conversion above 20%. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping a customer in a one on one fitting service find their perfect bra especially if you can get to know them a bit so they feel more confident and relaxed around you. – less
La Senza
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2014
- I learnt how to manage customer services for examples, how to interact with people, how to make good sales and to help them with anything they need.
- I am a very friendly, confident person, outgoing and very committed to my work
- My co-workers were very friendly people and we got along just fine.
- The hardest part of the job was some customers – more... who were disrespectful and had to involve the manager.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was we all got along ,worked as a team and had each others back. – less
Fun and busy!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Victoria, ENGApril 1, 2014
Enjoyed working for La Senza although it was for such a short period of time. It was through the christmas period so it was very busy and also fun as we got to wear some of the funky pyjamas act to promote through the xmas sales!
Fun and supportive workplace
Stock Manager (Former Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 11, 2014
I did a lot of learning and growing here. There's a lot of opportunity for growth, and my experience with management was excellent!
good company to work for.
Sales Assistant/ Stockroom Manager (Former Employee), Warrington, ENGMarch 2, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in a relaxed environment, discounted products.
Cons: not very secure positions.
nice relaxed environment, discount on good products. once taught easy to understand the workplace.
productive and fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: working alongside area managers and teams who inspire you to be the best you can be each day
Cons: long hours (45+ hours per week not including travel
For a manager in this company it is not faint hearted, but if you have a strong work ethic, a passion for working in a team environment and who has the ability to work in a high energy, fast passed working business, than it is incredibly rewarding both for your personal and professional future. You have the opportunity to work within store environments – more... and liaise directly with members of the head office team across all departments. – less
Normal retail job
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee), Langley, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good fun place to work
Cons: ...
This job is great if you're going to school. Its a standard retail job. Wasn't my ideal job or career choice.
I loved my Job
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Edmonton AlbertaFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: long hours on feet
Best job by far, great discounts and fun environment to work in
Friendly work environment
Customer Service/Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2014
Merchandised store
Assisted customers with transactions
maintained a clean working environment
Was an interesting experience
Manager (Former Employee), multiple locations Edmonton AlbertaJanuary 1, 2014
Cons: long hours, under appreciated
My experience with La Senza started out as fun. I was very interested in moving up with the company but after being with them for almost 2.5 yrs the culture changed.

It went form being a Canadian run company that valued it's employees to a company under the Limited Brands umbrella and the culture turned into one of get what you can from the employees – more... with as little support and then when let them go.

The ladies I worked with under me were awesome, however the management above me were not. – less
Perfectly average retail experience
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONDecember 20, 2013
I had only worked at La Senza for a few months. The experience itself was perfectly fine. My experience was the hours simply did not work for me as I worked two jobs that summer.
Productive,manageable eventhough there's load of work everyday
ASSISSTANT STORE IN-CHARGE (Current Employee), Mifdiff City Center,DubaiNovember 27, 2013
We work as a team and help each other in the most possible ways we know that would maintain our company's standards and end with great results.
Team Leader,Bra expert, Key Holder, Stock Associate, Cashier
Sales Associate/Cashier/ Stock/ Key Holder (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 10, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: very demanding
A typical day at La Senza, I would say It's hectic very hectic.it's not just about going to work and going home, you basically are very much involved with what you do, if you are not passionate and dedicated towards what you do , then this is not a job for you. La Senza, is looking for leaders, self-motivators, creativeness, tactful, inspiring, knowledgeable, – more... determined, mature, detail-oriented, customer oriented, bubbly enjoys getting to know customers and their needs ect.. MyJob, was pretty much doing everything except my manager's job, I would open the store, clean the store, check emails, change promos, change features, opening registers, filling out paper work ect..
I would receive crazy amounts of stock in a very small back room, expected to process it all, including steaming and put it all on the sales floors by the end of my shift, on top of keeping the backroom organized with back stock, and replenish the sales floor. Next, I would be pulled out on the sales floor to help out due to short staff , so I had to drop my work and help out wherever needed everyday sometimes for days at a time.Then once they didn't need me anymore or even once they notice after a few days how much stock was not processed or accumulated over the week, they would through me back in the backroom to sort it all out . Worst part is the repetition, sizing customer for their correct measurements and explaining time after time how the sizing work.. most of time i would just get so annoyed when customers can't just accept or get excited for no reason 34B = 32 C it didn't increase cup size its the same!!! Over the 4 years, I loved it only because I had a great Manager, one I will never forget. she knew how to follow the rules but was most definitely very flexible, accommodating, and very understanding. She was very approachable and easy to talk to. Always Praised us for our hard work when reaching our sales goals. She always brought treats and made up games as to motivate everyone to up-sell. As for my assistant managers there is only a few that really complimented their job title and took their job seriously. My co-workers some very hard working and always goes above and beyond. Others well enjoy making rumors, gossip, drama, laziness and dishonesty! My job was not hard just very complicated and challenging at times because it took everything out of me, my physical, emotional and mental health but over all I loved it and would do it all over again. – less
Sales
Sales & Cashier Part time (Former Employee), Vaughan OntarioNovember 5, 2013
'Loved working at the location
'Management was fantastic
'Coworkers were amazing
'loved help all the women that came in was my favorite part of the whole job. i enjoyed helping women find the right sizes and seeing a smile when they felt comfort.
Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGOctober 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: boring at times
This job was hard work at times; but also interesting as your front of house so you get to meet new people.
Some parts of the job was extremely boring
My co -workers where very supportive and some became good friends.
A fast paced ever changing environment to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Eastgate Square Stoney CreekSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: fun product to sell.
Cons: sunday night visual changes and last minute changes that required finding staff to come in.
I worked at La Senza for many years and experienced all kinds of changes in the everchanging world of retail. I really enjoyed working with my staff to ensure ultimate customer service expectations were met. I enjoyed the product in the first 10 years. I was also able to be a part of a company training program and was area trainer while the position – more... lasted. I also very much enjoyed the visual end of it and was also a visual trainer during the christmas season at various locations. – less

About La Senza

THE FUN & FLIRTY LINGERISTA DESTINATION. Where fashion meets lingerie, La Senza is the destination for the hottest trends – Read more