La Sierra University Employee Reviews

good working experience
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 6, 2016
a typical day at work involved arranging work materials, going around campus and organizing the plants and making sure the scenery was clean and the plants were watered and healthy. i learnt a lot about landscaping and how to work peacefully with other landscapers. usually my shift starts at 5am and it was kind of hard waking up so early but i enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
short breaks
Cafeteria & Eagles Nest
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 10, 2016
As a crew member at La Sierra University, a typical day at work would consist of making sure the cafeteria is cleaned, preparing the food, restocking, cleaning, and reorganizing the kitchen, ensure customer satisfaction, servicing the food to customers with a smile, having a positive attitude, and making sure your area is clean and presentable.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Working with students and friends.
Cons
Being placed in the dish room
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 2, 2016
Typical day at work was collaborative. What I've learned from working at La Sierra University was the opportunity to enhance my people skills because I helped parents and students who are interested in our school. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was finalizing the financial aid for the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students who are excited about pursuing their study and realizing their dreams.
Awesome work environment
Experience Director (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 15, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for the university because of all the great people I had a chance to work with. There was a lot of creative problem solving involved. I was part of the team that was in charge of creating a spiritual program that would be attended by a majority of the university. It involved a lot of discussion and brain storming every week to bring in different ways to reach out to students of all kinds of spiritual backgrounds.
Pros
Chill office space
Cons
Work hours not really accounted for
Great University to work for!
Associate Director / Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2016
Overall it has been a great experience working for La Sierra University. The work culture is positive and quality of people is amazing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Average Pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 29, 2014
Unless you plan to be an on-call supervisor or director, you won't be bothered when off work. Full time staff get health coverage and 401k, and the turnover rate is so high that you're unlikely to lose your job unless you commit an egregious act of conduct. Management is just like any other place. Depending on which department you work for, the corporate culture at LSU is very spiritual. Most departments set time aside for a daily worship thought.
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This is a university that prioritizes academic achievement in a Christ centric environment. Attractive grounds and many appealing options to help keep your work interesting and fruitful.
Pros
Southern California, near beaches, near other attractions
Ohana: No one is left behind
Senior Admissions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2015
The best part of working at La Sierra University is the camaraderie between colleagues. There is always room to develop character and skills, but there is no room to develop a career due to the size of the institution.
Pros
Job security in current position
Cons
Lack of career development or growth
Great college and great employment practices.
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 14, 2015
I am blessed to have gone to this college to receive an education while being employed to help pay my tuition and bills. It has taught me the meaning of persistence and had work. All great lessons that I would not have learned otherwise.
awesome job! loved my time there.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2013
This is where my foundation for res life began. As an RA i was able to help alot of students, and get to know all the staff and faculty of the university. I got the opportunity to be a part of many university committees.
Pros
free room as compension
Cons
no benefits

Want to know more about La Sierra University?

Ask a question
Positive workplace and staff
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2015
Working with individuals who have been diagnosed with disabilities is the most rewarding experience I have undertaken. Not only was I able to help them but they in turn taught me a lot about patience and understanding. My experience at this job has prepared me greatly to conquer personal challenges that I have come to face in my everyday life. I loved when my students would come in and tell me that because of my help they were able to get through one hurdle after another and that I helped them prepare for their own futures. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to my students as they started on another path in their life's journey. My supervisor and co-workers were like family to me. They gave the best support I could ever have wished for. Awesome experience!
The low stress environment really helped me to focus
Student (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2015
--I would say most all of the professors for the night class were very good instructors, and surprisingly interesting too.

--I learned a vast amount of knowledge to take with me into the world

--Management was excellent, and very helpful.

--Other students were a "mixed bag." Sometimes I had to do all the work on a group project if I wanted a decent grade.

--The hardest part was Statistics class. At least I got through it with an "A" in the class!

--Oddly enough, the most enjoyable was the media presentations. I really got into their creation. It made me proud.
Pros
Mostly all evening classes..
Cons
--so many classes needed to get to graduation
Not as productive
Student Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 7, 2013
Not a well structured place to work at and people micromanage a lot
Pros
get tuition benefits
Cons
micromanage
A very family and religious oriented place
MBA student & International Students Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 26, 2015
Just had a good time at La Sierra as a International Student, lost of friends and fun things to do, good place to learn things
Professional environment to gain valuable experience
Office dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Security OfficeMarch 23, 2015
Duties include answering and communicating over the main radio,
calling and receiving calls from coming from and to the university, and
office tasks. Office tasks include processing citations, creating
memos/reports, and handling staff and student concerns. Frequent
contact made with Riverside Police Department, Riverside Fire
Department, and alarm companies. Trained in all dispatcher shifts:
grave, day, swing, and night.

My coworkers and supervisors only added to my overall experience. It was great to feel like I was a valued employee and that everyone was like family. The most important part of my job was being on task, and the most enjoyable was the customer satisfaction.
Calm and enriching atmosphere
Student Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2015
Worked towards the preparation of the digital library for the Divinity School at La Sierra University. There were only two other employees working with me and the experience was enjoyable as they would help me learn and understand the significance behind my work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Hidden job, Not easy for others to find the location.
phone calls, customer service, resident's assistant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2014
Would answer phones. Help new students move into the dorms. Help out parents with information about the school.
I learned that every customer loves a person that can make their day and feel like they've gotten the help that they needed.
Management was great and I loved working for them. They set a standard for their workers and I followed their rules.
Co-workers were good. I did not mind covering some of the shifts for my co-workers. I saw them as a family.
Hardest part about the job is making sure the area does not get too busy.
The most enjoyable part about the job is you get to meet different types of people everyday.
Fun work place
Graduate/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 7, 2015
It is a warm and friendly environment. All employees has a close bond thus fostering team spirit and great workmanship.
A serious productive place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2014
A typical day was set with specific duties that were encouraged to be completed at a designated deadline. I learned quality over time and many other things. Management is serious but also very forgiving. My co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was getting around the specific ways things were supposed to be done.The most enjoyable part was setting up for events with my co-workers.
Pros
personable staff
Cons
pay
It was nice and an experience that treasures memories.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  La Sierra, CAOctober 5, 2012
I cleaned offices, classrooms, bathrooms, labs, teacher's offices, cadaver room, library, dorms, etc. I enjoyed the days that I worked there. The people there were so nice to work with. I learned the various cultures when talking with students. It opened up my drab, dull life; listening to other's stories of where they came from and what they believe.
Pros
worked around my class scheduele.
Cons
i didn't get paid enough to make ends meet, sometimes, due to holidays.

4.2