La Sierra University

La Sierra University Employee Reviews

Nice, chill college job
LIBRARIAN (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 11, 2015
Loved being able to study while I worked. The people that work there are awesome because the administration tries to get diverse employees.
Professional environment to gain valuable experience
Office dispatcher (Current Employee), Security OfficeMarch 23, 2015
Duties include answering and communicating over the main radio,
calling and receiving calls from coming from and to the university, and
office tasks. Office tasks include processing citations, creating
memos/reports, and handling staff and student concerns. Frequent
contact made with Riverside Police Department, Riverside Fire
Department, and alarm companies. Trained in all dispatcher shifts:
grave, day, swing, and night.

My coworkers and supervisors only added to my overall experience. It was great to feel like I was a valued employee and that everyone was like family. The most important part of my job was being on task, and the most enjoyable was the customer satisfaction.
Nice place to work.
Housekeeping and Maintenance (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Each day consisted of maintaining the dorms, the bathrooms, and offices. Worked with other student workers to maintain at great working atmosphere.
Overall Good experience
Fund Solicitor / Phonathon Caller (Former Employee), Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: easy, repeatable, laid back
Cons: tedious
Worked at from the afternoon to nighttime. Called alumni and asked about their experience. Once a connection was made then I asked for them to donate back to the university. My boss was very laid back since she new that we were doing our job. The hardest part of the job is having long conversations with alumni but they still do not donate. The most enjoyable part of the is the stories that they told me over the phone.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 29, 2014
Unless you plan to be an on-call supervisor or director, you won't be bothered when off work. Full time staff get health coverage and 401k, and the turnover rate is so high that you're unlikely to lose your job unless you commit an egregious act of conduct. Management is just like any other place. Depending on which department you work for, the corporate culture at LSU is very spiritual. Most departments set time aside for a daily worship thought.
great place to work at
work study (Former Employee), Corona, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free internet
Cons: short hours
i would call further or incoming students and made calls for hours
A serious productive place
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: personable staff
Cons: pay
A typical day was set with specific duties that were encouraged to be completed at a designated deadline. I learned quality over time and many other things. Management is serious but also very forgiving. My co-workers were great! The hardest part of the job was getting around the specific ways things were supposed to be done.The most enjoyable part was setting up for events with my co-workers.
phone calls, customer service, resident's assistant
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 6, 2014
Would answer phones. Help new students move into the dorms. Help out parents with information about the school.
I learned that every customer loves a person that can make their day and feel like they've gotten the help that they needed.
Management was great and I loved working for them. They set a standard for their workers and I followed their rules.
Co-workers were good. I did not mind covering some of the shifts for my co-workers. I saw them as a family.
Hardest part about the job is making sure the area does not get too busy.
The most enjoyable part about the job is you get to meet different types of people everyday.
Growing Criminal Justice program
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Corona CampusJune 17, 2014
This is an ambitious new program that is growing very quickly. The students are curious and eager to learn. For the right seasoned professional, it is a great environment.
Not as productive
Student Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 7, 2013
Pros: get tuition benefits
Cons: micromanage
Not a well structured place to work at and people micromanage a lot
awesome job! loved my time there.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 22, 2013
Pros: free room as compension
Cons: no benefits
This is where my foundation for res life began. As an RA i was able to help alot of students, and get to know all the staff and faculty of the university. I got the opportunity to be a part of many university committees.
Not productive but valuable
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 13, 2013
A typical day at work was trying to follow procedures of a studied work for preparation of developing and characterizing catalysts for Olefin Metathesis. My co-worker was a friend and classmate, so the work environment was enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is not have any of our materials contaminated. The laboratory was not fit for certain procedures to reduce contamination. The most enjoyable part of the job was looking at color and chemical changes of solutions that have undergone photochemistry.
Excellent place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 22, 2013
The faculty and staff at La Sierra University are very friendly and helpful.
Work and Study at a progressive Adventist Institution
College Writing Instructor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMarch 13, 2013
La Sierra provides its students and employees seemingly endless creative opportunities to produces new events, clubs, course work, and publications. Unfortunately, not much funding is available for such programs. If a student or employee is driven to succeed at La Sierra, she will have unlimited creative control, but may struggle to find funding or stir up student interest.
Great school. Increased my knowledge and educational life.
Spanish Tutor, Secretary Assistant (Former Employee), Riverside, CaFebruary 15, 2013
Being able to work at La Sierra University has increase my knowledge in my degree. Being able to help students has also help me by understanding their struggles with languages. My co-workers were very helpful, if i had a question regarding grammar or with a student they were very kind to help me. I would say that I didn't have any problems regarding with my past job. The most enjoyable part was definitely helping students and support them academically.
Student internship (Former Employee), riverside caJanuary 8, 2013
I was a student internship in La Sierra counseling center, I work with great people, the counselor really helps me understand everything in counseling field. I learn to deal with students even with the staff. Also positive work environment.
It was nice and an experience that treasures memories.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), La Sierra, CAOctober 5, 2012
Pros: worked around my class scheduele.
Cons: i didn't get paid enough to make ends meet, sometimes, due to holidays.
I cleaned offices, classrooms, bathrooms, labs, teacher's offices, cadaver room, library, dorms, etc. I enjoyed the days that I worked there. The people there were so nice to work with. I learned the various cultures when talking with students. It opened up my drab, dull life; listening to other's stories of where they came from and what they believe.
Fun and learning experience
Secretary/Grader/Reader (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 4, 2012
A great opportunity to work with and for the professors. A unique learning experience.