La Sierra University Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Right now, it is good.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 27, 2017
La Sierra University is a good place for international students to study. First, it has a good scholarship plan and many cohort programs. The programs give you 30%, 40% or even 50% discount for some majors. It can reduce financial burden. Second, it offers a quiet environment and rich resources (like library and database) and it is a conformable place for students to live and study. Third, the teachers of a program are enthusiastic and supportive. As the class is very small, teachers can give you more guide and instruction. They even give students some help in life. Fourth, the campus creates a feeling of a family to connect people with each other. Because the population of the university is not big, students have less academic stress or competitive pressure. Last but not least, no cigarette, no alcohol, and no drugs are permitted on campus. I know they do not just saying it. Security caught smoking guys on campus.
Okay
Professor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 9, 2017
As an employer Im not sure I would recommend it to others. I wouldnt send my children here because of the inequality between the high tuition and low quality of education and teacher support
Very friendly work environment
Front Desk Receptionist for Enrollment Services (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 8, 2017
I worked at the front desk as a customer service representative (student worker) and it was great. We were allowed to take our student sick days off without much hassle and work schedules were made flexible as far as it could be accommodated.
Beautiful working and peaceful environment
University Mentor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92515May 13, 2017
As the University mentor, am able to have newly students and the current students . To be advised,encouraged and monitored. Basically, it for me to be sure they are safe, and their educational life is met.

Also for the international students that they get used to the culture of the State and how to adapt with the system and take GOD serious and their studies.
Pros
Improve the skills of their employers
Cons
Full of task and deadlines swhich to me I like it.
Great Environment
College Writing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 1, 2017
The general environment is friendly and efficient. Sometimes it's hard to get things done with other departments, but overall it's a good place to work.
Productive and Oppoturnist
Career Management/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 22, 2016
The position held at this department was a great opportunity to enhance my job performance and work ethic. This job enabled me to learn beyond than just administration work. It enabled me to feel confident in providing employers and students with information needed. It gave me the opportunity to enhance my efficiency in multitasking and working under a business environment.
good working experience
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 6, 2016
a typical day at work involved arranging work materials, going around campus and organizing the plants and making sure the scenery was clean and the plants were watered and healthy. i learnt a lot about landscaping and how to work peacefully with other landscapers. usually my shift starts at 5am and it was kind of hard waking up so early but i enjoyed every bit of it.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
short breaks
productive strict environment with great co-workers
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 4, 2016
At this job we we come in to the environment ready to work and prepare for the opening of the next shift. We work together with co-workers to prepare the product for the consumer in a timely manner. After we are finished with the preparation of the workplace we then take care of other responsibilities such as: taking out the trash, cleaning counter tops, breaking down cardboard boxes and refilling the water tank for the employees. If we are to finish that before the opening of the job, we then perform other cleaning task to be sure the workplace is completely clean and sanitary before focusing on restocking items.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible with schedules and good environment for the wrokers
Cons
break scheduling
Great University to work for!
Associate Director / Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 10, 2016
Overall it has been a great experience working for La Sierra University. The work culture is positive and quality of people is amazing.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Average Pay
Cafeteria & Eagles Nest
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 10, 2016
As a crew member at La Sierra University, a typical day at work would consist of making sure the cafeteria is cleaned, preparing the food, restocking, cleaning, and reorganizing the kitchen, ensure customer satisfaction, servicing the food to customers with a smile, having a positive attitude, and making sure your area is clean and presentable.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Working with students and friends.
Cons
Being placed in the dish room
Enrollment Counselor (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 2, 2016
Typical day at work was collaborative. What I've learned from working at La Sierra University was the opportunity to enhance my people skills because I helped parents and students who are interested in our school. My co-workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was finalizing the financial aid for the students. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping students who are excited about pursuing their study and realizing their dreams.
Awesome work environment
Experience Director (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 15, 2016
I had a lot of fun working for the university because of all the great people I had a chance to work with. There was a lot of creative problem solving involved. I was part of the team that was in charge of creating a spiritual program that would be attended by a majority of the university. It involved a lot of discussion and brain storming every week to bring in different ways to reach out to students of all kinds of spiritual backgrounds.
Pros
Chill office space
Cons
Work hours not really accounted for
Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 19, 2016
This is a university that prioritizes academic achievement in a Christ centric environment. Attractive grounds and many appealing options to help keep your work interesting and fruitful.
Pros
Southern California, near beaches, near other attractions
Great college and great employment practices.
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 14, 2015
I am blessed to have gone to this college to receive an education while being employed to help pay my tuition and bills. It has taught me the meaning of persistence and had work. All great lessons that I would not have learned otherwise.
Ohana: No one is left behind
Senior Admissions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 8, 2015
The best part of working at La Sierra University is the camaraderie between colleagues. There is always room to develop character and skills, but there is no room to develop a career due to the size of the institution.
Pros
Job security in current position
Cons
Lack of career development or growth
A very family and religious oriented place
MBA student & International Students Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 26, 2015
Just had a good time at La Sierra as a International Student, lost of friends and fun things to do, good place to learn things
Fun work place
Graduate/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CASeptember 7, 2015
It is a warm and friendly environment. All employees has a close bond thus fostering team spirit and great workmanship.
Positive workplace and staff
Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 17, 2015
Working with individuals who have been diagnosed with disabilities is the most rewarding experience I have undertaken. Not only was I able to help them but they in turn taught me a lot about patience and understanding. My experience at this job has prepared me greatly to conquer personal challenges that I have come to face in my everyday life. I loved when my students would come in and tell me that because of my help they were able to get through one hurdle after another and that I helped them prepare for their own futures. The hardest part was having to say goodbye to my students as they started on another path in their life's journey. My supervisor and co-workers were like family to me. They gave the best support I could ever have wished for. Awesome experience!
Calm and enriching atmosphere
Student Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 7, 2015
Worked towards the preparation of the digital library for the Divinity School at La Sierra University. There were only two other employees working with me and the experience was enjoyable as they would help me learn and understand the significance behind my work.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Hidden job, Not easy for others to find the location.
The low stress environment really helped me to focus
Student (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2015
--I would say most all of the professors for the night class were very good instructors, and surprisingly interesting too.

--I learned a vast amount of knowledge to take with me into the world

--Management was excellent, and very helpful.

--Other students were a "mixed bag." Sometimes I had to do all the work on a group project if I wanted a decent grade.

--The hardest part was Statistics class. At least I got through it with an "A" in the class!

--Oddly enough, the most enjoyable was the media presentations. I really got into their creation. It made me proud.
Pros
Mostly all evening classes..
Cons
--so many classes needed to get to graduation