LA Works Employee Reviews

Great team work and good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMarch 18, 2016
My everyday was bases of phone calls. Making calls to have city workers to check their home improvements for city programs qualification.

How to give the best customer service with a passion and be a care person for other needs and happiness.

I always manage my time to have every single called person their need and requirement. When I finished early I will go out the fields to volunteer, help them and do paintings, basic repairmen. Very nice program.

It was the best team players someone can ask for. We had goals achieved together. Always had a fun environment. Everyone was always thrill and great full about their job. Easy going and always stick together to achieve the impossible.

When a person wasn't qualified for a program and needed the help. It was sad.

My team, my leader, and yes we can do attitude!
Pros
great team players, nice people, clean enviroment and hard workers
Cons
Fun and exciting workplace with friendly people
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CASeptember 21, 2015
Fun work environment with helpful peers. I enjoyed the opportunity to learn about new places and meeting new people while being assigned to work at the University of New Mexico. A typical day involved analyzing, computing, and recording data.
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast
A great place to work, helping people look for employment, great customer service, we were like family
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 18, 2015
I would assist customers on computer to search for employment, provide administrative support to Case Management/Supervisors/Management, update/review/complete files, data entry, proctor TABE testing, provided adminstrative support with various programs, compile Quarterly Reports and forward to County, EDD, and Managment, switchboard backup, conducted Intake sessions, Orientation, follow-ups, and verification of documentation/eligibility. I enjoyed working with my Co-workers/Management, we had grown close like family. I have learned and grown much in the years I have worked here, strengthened my administrative skills and built up much confidence.
Very Helpful in the time of need
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Shreveport,LAJanuary 20, 2015
Receive payments on card in a timely matter, filling for your benefits wasn't diffcult .Employee in office made it very easy and was very helpful in getting the process started.There were online messages as to what jobs were hiring in the field that instrest you
LA works
WIA Crew (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAOctober 7, 2014
Great program, learned a lot from it, gained friends super freindly staff and great personalitys
Great place to learn about computers
Technical Support (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJuly 29, 2014
I learn how to networking printers,installed mother boards,operating systems, hard drives, ram power supply. Also learn how to troubleshoot computer problems.
Pros
learn about installed and networking priinters
Cons
internship ended
Staff that have a heart of gold
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJune 12, 2014
LA Works is an outstanding place to work at. Other Worksource center staff always come looking for jobs here. It takes a heart of gold to work here and help the community and employers find qualified employees. They work collaboratively with EDD, but they are far from being a government agency that does not care. These people care for you and genuinely want you to succeed and improve your life. They work with Adults, Dislocated Workers, At-Risk Youth, In-School Youth, and local cities. They are the definition of a human services agency that goes above and beyond their line of work to help customers.
Pros
great working environment, friendly staff
Cons
may be closing soon
Great work environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAApril 24, 2014
Great Staff and customer interaction. Promoting on the job training.
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
temporary position
Productive, professional and personal growth.
Program Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2014
Very busy days but at the same time fun and productive. I learned how to work well under pressure as well in a normal pace, learned to prioritize and delegate when neccesary. Excellent work environment and team work, co workers very professional and prompt to help on time with the information needed to complete my job. The managment team very supportive but at the same time made poor decisions affecting the production of the team. The hardest part of the job were the commuting conditions and the enjoyable part was the work itself, the co workers and the work environment.
Pros
salary, incentives, work schedule
Cons
commuting conditions, managment decisions
responsible productive and such a nice envorinment to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CANovember 26, 2013
excellent customer service.
dependable and hardworking.
computer literate: word ,excel ,internet, savvy and e-mail.
cheerful outlook ,positive attitude
Professional personnel and staff.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAAugust 29, 2013
Worked as a teacher of adult inmates at Pitches Detention Center.
Pros
plenty of preparation time was provided for.
Cons
under contract on a yearly basis.
Adult Education
GED Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaJune 12, 2013
Friendly, enjoy my co-works also close to home,
dieoewiereoiueioru irueiueeeeee
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Amazing Management
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 31, 2013
They helped us in every way to find a job! They were there to help us make our resumes and to get us clothes to be suited for interviews.
questionable leadership
employee (Former Employee) –  IrwindaleJanuary 13, 2013
Taking the phrase At-Will Employee to new heights by getting rid of employees without hesitations. Management doesn't really care about anyone's job other than their own. Management takes negative actions against workers without the burden of proof, just because someone said so.
never a dull moment
Dog Groomer/Bather/Brusher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 6, 2013
a good learning experence that taught me how to read dog postures if they feel aggressive. I love working with all dogs.
Pros
learning how to handle the different dogs
Cons
dealing with dogs not use to being groomed
Productive and Positive place to work for
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAJune 19, 2012
Again very positive place to work for, enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed that management had an open door policy.
Pros
very positive work place.
Cons
only temporary position

4.5