Lab Support

Lab Support Employer Reviews

Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: morning pick ups
Cons: part-time only
I was hired on to train as a phlebotomist/lab support for my Medical Laboratory Science Internship Program through Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, SD. My job consisted of drawing venous punctures and patient care.
Petroleum Testing
Manager and Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: r and d, revised lab and operations manuals
Cons: long commute
UOP and API testing of most petroleum products and tests, Knock Engines, R and D
Fun Workplace
ANALYTICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2013
Interesting place to work with incentives often provided.
High volume, fast paced laboratory environment with great people
Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lots of call
I have enjoyed working at Emory as a processing tech and as the coordinator. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Management was very helpful
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), Wauwatosa, WINovember 27, 2013
Pros: enjoyed my assignments and learned new guidelines and techniques
Cons: irregular or intermittent work assignments
The staff was always working to find a position that would accommodate me.
It's too unstable a position to take just out of a lab
Certified Account Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
Pros: freedom to drive to various appointments away from the office 3/5 days
Cons: too much expectation and projecting the fear for lay off any day.
I was originally very excited to change careers from lab work to a more people oriented position. This was brutal. Every day you were told you needed to do better, regardless of your "numbers" that week.
Very Productive.
Process Technician (Former Employee), Houston, Tx.August 29, 2013
Lab support was very helpful at finding me my first job after graduating from college and provided me with a great experience.
ONCE A GOOD TEMP SERVICE NO JUST A WASTE OF TIME
CHemist (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 8, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I worked for them every time I was between jobs. Companies moving over seas, closing, I was a victim of like everyone else.
It would take me about 2 weeks with them to find something.

I dont know what happen but now they are terrible. Nothing but a black hole! waste of time and lines of BS the recruiter tells you.
They are as bad as Kelly Services.
They – more... call and say "we have a job for you' then you see the job listed and no follow up. You contact them, nothing for about 2 weeks then you get a phone call to go meet someone! you chat, they give you paper work...then the black hole hits! I doubt they do little to nothing!

I even hired them at the last company I worked for ....once I get another job NO MORE! – less
temp service
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2013
very helpful in finding you work,good referals,management is good.
Well informed and flexible
Contract Employee (Current Employee), San Clemente, CAJune 18, 2013
Always up front with details and appreciative of individual circumstances.
Placement agency
Temporary Hire (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2013
This company placed me at Pace and was very quick. Worked for them until Pace hired me full-time.
A great learning experience
Sample Management Specialist (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: close relationships with the people around me and willingness of my supervisor to help when needed.
Cons: lack of manpower which lead to lack of personal growth within the company.
I started in sample management in June of 2010 and gradually started taking on more lab support duties. And eventually I started to gain experience as an analyst. A majority of my time now is spent in sample management and in lab support, but I am always open to new responsibilities. The most beneficial thing I learned at Tandem Labs is how to appropriately – more... manage my time. With constant and multiple deadlines, it is essential that I take advantage of my time in the most efficient way. Typically, a work day consists of accessioning and disposing of samples, ordering and receiving laboratory supply when needed and conducting routine maintenance on some of the instruments. The hardest part of the job is definitley having to work with such a small amount of manpower. However, with the things that I have learned, I have been successful in managing my time and ensuring that the tasks in front of me always get done. – less
Productive and fun environment to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Dallas Center, IAJanuary 30, 2013
Worked for the company Pioneer in the SNP lab. Lab Support was the temp agency that I was hired thru. A typical day at for me at Pioneer involved DNA extraction of 300 96 well plates of corn. It was a fast paced, fun environment to work in.
My Work Day
Receptionist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: meeting new people; the different lifestyles
My typical day at work; I get started with tea and donut. I then go to my desk and check my emails. I have learned a lot in managing time. I get the most important things done and focus on the least but all in the same time I get them all done. All my co-worker were great they taught me alot on building my skills for the work place. The hardest part – more... of the job was not being able to take on as many task as I would like. The most enjoyable was the task that was given that where difficult I love to take them on as a challenge and see if I can get them accomplish. And yes I did accomplish them!!! – less
Lab Support
Food Science Technician/Technical Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2012
Pros: i worked at great companies
Cons: i did not enjoy that kind of work
It was an opportunity to see what my interest were. I enjoyed to leadership. Also, I learned I did not enjoy bench chemistry.
Be open but be aware.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), VariousAugust 21, 2012
Temping can be a good way to broaden your experiences and skill sets as well as to get a peak into a variety of employers and employment settings. However, it is important to understand that in the current economic environment the temp agency works for the employer and not the employee, and any conflicts will be resolved accordingly. Be open but be – more... aware. – less

Timmay – January 26, 2013

I worked for kelly scientific in midland, mi and they stiffed me real bad and the phrase "they work for the employer and not for the employee " is more than true.

Good people to work with
Medical Device Assembler (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJuly 29, 2012
People are great to work with. The management are a great help.
Full of lies. Take 50% of your salary as commission!
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2012
Pros: none!
Cons: low pay, no benefits
I must start off saying that lab support is good at finding you a job, however it is a terrible company to “work” for.

There is nothing wrong with Lab Support if you are only going to work doing a temporary project for a few weeks/3 months. Absolutely DO NOT work for Lab Support for any time longer than 3 months. Either get hired by the company you – more... are doing work for, or find a new job.

I will give you some background information so you can see why Lab Support exploits their employees.

The company they find you a job with is who you physically do work for. When you work, you submit your time sheet to Lab Support, who bills the company you work for. Therefore, you are doing work for a company but getting paid through Lab Support. Here is an example:

Hours worked this week: 40
Wage: $12/hr
Lab Support bills company: $24/hr
Lab Support makes: $12/hr, or $480 (50% commission!)
You make: $480

LAB SUPPORT TAKES 50% OF YOUR PAYCHECK AS THEIR COMISSION!

They make a hefty sum off of your hard work. There is nothing wrong with them taking a commission. They have recruiters that need to be payed. However, 50% is ridiculous!

“We offer competitive pay, and benefits that include medical and dental insurance, bonuses, holiday pay, and a 401(k) plan”

Competitive pay:

When starting, they told me the average person with my degree makes $12-16 per hour directly out of college. That is the average that THEY pay others with your same degree. The average degree holder for my degree makes around $30/hr. I don’t appreciate them lying.

Holiday pay: The 12 weeks prior to the holiday you must have worked 450 hours. Assuming 40hr/wk worked, that leaves room for you to miss slightly more than 3 days of work in that time frame.

New years won’t be paid for because of Christmas and Thanksgiving are 4 days (in which you wont work). Christmas won’t be payed for if you missed 1.75 days in the 12 weeks prior (due to being off work for Thanksgiving). Also, most companies have Christmas eve and the day after thanksgiving listed as paid holidays, whereas Lab Support does not.

Benefits:

-Benefits suck! They contribute 0% to your 401k. Most companies will match the amount you contribute.

-HMO based health insurance that is limited and very expensive
No paid sick leave

-No paid vacation days (you have to work their for a year first)

-No bonuses

What get’s me the most is that they try to sound like they are just as good as every other company and treat their employees well—they absolutely do not. There is so much red tape it is unbelievable. Lab Support is full of lies. Stay away! – less

Brendan – October 15, 2012

As a small business owner, I know a thing or two about staffing agencies. I have never used Lab Support or any of their competitors. But one thing that you are clearly unaware of is payroll taxes and other fees associated with having an employee. You say you were paid $12 an hour and then Lab Support (or any agency) makes another $12 an hour. You claim that's commission. You're 100% incorrect. What comes out of their pot? How about worker's comp that they have to pay? Perhaps liability insurance that these agencies must cover. How about social security? How about unemployment insurance. How about other federal/state/local taxes? There are more. Unfortunately, you aren't aware of the fact if you pay an employee $12 an hour then there are numerous other fees associated with having that employee. That is not commission. If you were injured while working and needed worker's comp the agency pays that. Not the company where you are temporarily working. My point is that these agencies clearly make money, but nowhere near what you're claiming. My only reason for posting this is that if people read your claim they don't make the same illogical jump that you have made.

OfCourse – January 3, 2013

did you not research what staffing/temp agencies do before you took the job at lab support? How else would they make money if they do not get some of your pay? They do all the work; finding the job, submitting your resume, getting you the interview, and putting a good word in for you. This is where you start, so expect low pay. The good side is if your making $12/hr and lab support takes the other $12/hr then you know that when your hired by the company that you worked for, you can expect a pay close to the total of both ($24/hour) you can negotiate your pay if the company decides to hire you for full time.

A Great Place to work and learn new skills
QA Technician, (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 16, 2012
Pros: great assignments, top notch employers, good benefits, safety training
If you are looking to upgrade your skills and get good pay to do it then Lab Support is the place for you. The managemenet team is very proactive in both employee and and client relations and strives to provide an environment of enrichment . The resources are the very best in the staffing industry.

Cramer – May 19, 2012

These people, once again like Kelley Scientific, place people on contract jobs. They also charge 25% of your salary for the first year. These people are NOT very cooperative, they don't respond to your e-mails, they don't attend your phone calls. If some attends a phone call, then he/she syas a recruiter will give you a call since he/she is interviewing someone else. I would suggest going for the estsblishe drecruiting companies such as CSP, or FPC if you are seriously looking for a job.

good people
Lab Technician / Quality Control (Former Employee), Immingham, ENGMarch 23, 2014
Pros: enjoyable work
Cons: travel
very good company, varied tasks, good hours and pleasant working conditions