Lab Support Employee Reviews in United States

Prays on the innocents
Quality assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 24, 2015
This company doesn't care about their associates. They look for associates to make money off of them, Yes, I understand that recruiting is a job. However, this is not a victim-less crime. They look for new grads who doesn't know what to expect when it comes to pay rate or jobs.

-Most of my co-workers at a company lab support assigned me to didn't have anything higher than a high school diploma, but they were making more money than me (Someone with a four year degree).

-Lab support doesn't care if you are mistreated at your job assignment.

-They wont interact with you after you are assigned a job.

- You do not get days off around or on holidays.

-No pay raise.

At the end of the day they decide what you do with your life and your overall worth. You are signing away your hopes, dreams, self worth and expectations when you sign a contract with lab support.
Pros
Paid every week.
Great company to use as a staffing resource
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
Lab Support provides great workers for their clients. They are dedicated to finding the right fit the first time. They love new grads trying to start their career. Each day is different.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good benefits
Cons
poor work life balance, not much of a career development program. Initial training great.
This is the work agency that I never like to get work
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityNovember 4, 2014
I work with them for a year, an it was enough to see how they use your qualifications as a monetary factor but they never really try to get a raise salary no matter If you work hard. I had an accident in my job and they wash their hands instead of been worried about me as a human. They never trained me as a techniccian with the proper security devices for my job. I grow up to much doing much more that the original position request from me and the same ship salary. Poor managment company with no incentives.
They care only the money that you can produce for them and they don't work in your side.
Cons
all possible
Great Placement
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Amphenol InterCon Systems through Lab Support very much. However, the industry was slow and my position was eliminated by no fault of my own.
Maintained steady employment with company
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2016
Company was unaware of numerous management changes and information, which was stressful on the employee. I feel the company should have fought more for contractor yearly raises.
Pros
Yearly bonuses
Cons
Not enough contact with employee
Job service
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 12, 2016
Hard to evaluate Lab Support as it is a temporary service. My contact with Lab Support was minimal, but Lab Support did actually support me.
Flexible, and moderate environment.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 23, 2016
A department that you have to handle hot temperature, and touch hot products. Nothing hard, but very dehydrating. People are friendly and very diverse.
Lab support is a great company to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Lab support provided me with the opportunity to have wet chemistry lab experience so that I can become familiar with lab settings while continuing my education in forensic science.
Pros
give meal cards for birthdays
Cons
no cons to this company but to ALS, where I was working at they needed a group lead trainer for proficiency of lab assignments
Good Placement, communicates well with you during your assginment
Quality Assurance technician (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Great learning experience. Glad to be given the opportunity to exercise the skills and techniques I learned in college.
Pros
Nice people, nice equipment in lab
Cons
No breaks, manager was moody sometime
An employment agency with temporary positions.
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 26, 2012
The staff at Lab Support in Rockville, Maryland was very pleasant and supportive. The adminstrative responsibilities were handled professionally. The wages and benefits were generous, and the wages were paid promptly through a Bank of America debit card account. Unfortunately, the position was temporary, and they did not have other similar positions available at that time.
A Great Place to work and learn new skills
QA Technician, (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 16, 2012
If you are looking to upgrade your skills and get good pay to do it then Lab Support is the place for you. The managemenet team is very proactive in both employee and and client relations and strives to provide an environment of enrichment . The resources are the very best in the staffing industry.
Pros
great assignments, top notch employers, good benefits, safety training
Worst experience ever
laboratory supervisor (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 5, 2015
Recruiter : constantly changing stories ,hiring process, no clear cut outline of chain of command in branch offices.

Don't believe a word these temporary company says. When the ink signature is on the dotted line, they will renege on signed documents.
Good environment
Senior Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MANovember 16, 2015
Great place to work if you're looking to start in the recruiting/staffing industry, not a lot of room for growth but it's a great place to start.
Very supportive team
GMO Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 23, 2014
Work life balance was encouraged. Boss allowed me to take breaks for college classes. great benefits. Promoted from within.
Good learning experience
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 31, 2015
good learning experience. I was able to learn different jobs in the facility.It was a good position. the only thing that was a flaw that the hours were at night and I'm a singl parent.
Fun Projects, but zero benefits
Mechanical Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 1, 2015
Lab Support can involve with the fun, exciting and challenging project; but this company is only good for entry level engineers or recent college grads who seeking to gain some experience but in long run is not a place you want to be.
Full of lies. Take 50% of your salary as commission!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2012
I must start off saying that lab support is good at finding you a job, however it is a terrible company to “work” for.

There is nothing wrong with Lab Support if you are only going to work doing a temporary project for a few weeks/3 months. Absolutely DO NOT work for Lab Support for any time longer than 3 months. Either get hired by the company you are doing work for, or find a new job.

I will give you some background information so you can see why Lab Support exploits their employees.

The company they find you a job with is who you physically do work for. When you work, you submit your time sheet to Lab Support, who bills the company you work for. Therefore, you are doing work for a company but getting paid through Lab Support. Here is an example:

Hours worked this week: 40
Wage: $12/hr
Lab Support bills company: $24/hr
Lab Support makes: $12/hr, or $480 (50% commission!)
You make: $480

LAB SUPPORT TAKES 50% OF YOUR PAYCHECK AS THEIR COMISSION!

They make a hefty sum off of your hard work. There is nothing wrong with them taking a commission. They have recruiters that need to be payed. However, 50% is ridiculous!

“We offer competitive pay, and benefits that include medical and dental insurance, bonuses, holiday pay, and a 401(k) plan”

Competitive pay:

When starting, they told me the average person with my degree makes $12-16 per hour directly out of college. That is the average that THEY pay others with your same degree. The average degree holder for my degree makes around $30/hr. I don’t appreciate them lying.

Holiday pay: The 12 weeks prior to the holiday you must
  more... have worked 450 hours. Assuming 40hr/wk worked, that leaves room for you to miss slightly more than 3 days of work in that time frame.

New years won’t be paid for because of Christmas and Thanksgiving are 4 days (in which you wont work). Christmas won’t be payed for if you missed 1.75 days in the 12 weeks prior (due to being off work for Thanksgiving). Also, most companies have Christmas eve and the day after thanksgiving listed as paid holidays, whereas Lab Support does not.

Benefits:

-Benefits suck! They contribute 0% to your 401k. Most companies will match the amount you contribute.

-HMO based health insurance that is limited and very expensive
No paid sick leave

-No paid vacation days (you have to work their for a year first)

-No bonuses

What get’s me the most is that they try to sound like they are just as good as every other company and treat their employees well—they absolutely do not. There is so much red tape it is unbelievable. Lab Support is full of lies. Stay away!
Pros
none!
Cons
low pay, no benefits
I worked at Cargill in Byers Co
Scale Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2015
I love this company. They are very helpful and care a lot about there employes. I have been here 2 months and love it. They did a ggod job in picking this job for me.
I liked the workplace environment & the people I worked with..
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of office work, such as filing medical records and running blood samples from Emergency Department to the Laboratory.
Pros
Experience gained in a hospital setting
Cons
Very nice people who are able to get you interviews and jobs
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Valhalla, NYMay 31, 2015
I enjoy using Lab Support because they are able to quickly find companies that are looking for candidates like me. This allows me to go on more interviews and find more job offers than i could on my own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lab Support. Our community is ready to answer.