Lab Support Employee Reviews

Exceptional
Consumer Complaints Investigator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2016
Lab Support is great in reaching out and making sure things are going well with the assignment you are working on for them. They are polite and courteous and genuinely care about their contractors.
Pros
Great pay, 5 day work week no weekends, benefits
Cons
No paid time off
Great company to use as a staffing resource
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
Lab Support provides great workers for their clients. They are dedicated to finding the right fit the first time. They love new grads trying to start their career. Each day is different.
Pros
Nice coworkers, good benefits
Cons
poor work life balance, not much of a career development program. Initial training great.
Maintained steady employment with company
Quality Assurance Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2016
Company was unaware of numerous management changes and information, which was stressful on the employee. I feel the company should have fought more for contractor yearly raises.
Pros
Yearly bonuses
Cons
Not enough contact with employee
Prays on the innocents
Quality assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 24, 2015
This company doesn't care about their associates. They look for associates to make money off of them, Yes, I understand that recruiting is a job. However, this is not a victim-less crime. They look for new grads who doesn't know what to expect when it comes to pay rate or jobs.

-Most of my co-workers at a company lab support assigned me to didn't have anything higher than a high school diploma, but they were making more money than me (Someone with a four year degree).

-Lab support doesn't care if you are mistreated at your job assignment.

-They wont interact with you after you are assigned a job.

- You do not get days off around or on holidays.

-No pay raise.

At the end of the day they decide what you do with your life and your overall worth. You are signing away your hopes, dreams, self worth and expectations when you sign a contract with lab support.
Pros
Paid every week.
Great Company to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46204January 24, 2017
I worked for Lab Support as a temporary employee. Great supervisors. They were always upfront in regards to assignments and pay involved. Paid better than any temporary agency I have been involved with. Left for permanent employment opportunity. Again, great company to work for.
Pros
Good Assignments and pay.
Cons
Temporary work
goood place to work
QA Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 4, 2017
best management on this company and ready to follow all their contractors anywhere and anytime. i enjoyed to work with them during my temporary position.
Productive an Efficient
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 16, 2016
working 12 hour shifts, check emails, double check on all reagents , standards, start the day by running samples, entering data in quality windows, maintenance on instruments, daily cleaning, reporting , emailing , communicate with fellow co - workers, , always communicate with management , hard days off work , pays off,
Pros
working as a team player
Cons
working 12 shifts
This is the work agency that I never like to get work
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Jersey CityNovember 4, 2014
I work with them for a year, an it was enough to see how they use your qualifications as a monetary factor but they never really try to get a raise salary no matter If you work hard. I had an accident in my job and they wash their hands instead of been worried about me as a human. They never trained me as a techniccian with the proper security devices for my job. I grow up to much doing much more that the original position request from me and the same ship salary. Poor managment company with no incentives.
They care only the money that you can produce for them and they don't work in your side.
Pros
Cons
All possible
They are contractors, pleasant to talk to
Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2016
They didn't mess up my checks or taxes. Young staff. I was only with them for about a quarter of the year. Really not much than a call after about a month asking if it was going okay.
Pros
They are contractors
Cons
They are contractors
Lab Support
Associate Chemist (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at work consists of my utilizing several wet chemistry techniques and performing analyses. I work at a plant with some excellent chemists and engineers.
Pros
Hour long lunch
Great Placement
Buyer/Planner (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 18, 2016
I enjoyed my time with Amphenol InterCon Systems through Lab Support very much. However, the industry was slow and my position was eliminated by no fault of my own.
An employment agency with temporary positions.
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDMarch 26, 2012
The staff at Lab Support in Rockville, Maryland was very pleasant and supportive. The adminstrative responsibilities were handled professionally. The wages and benefits were generous, and the wages were paid promptly through a Bank of America debit card account. Unfortunately, the position was temporary, and they did not have other similar positions available at that time.
Job service
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 12, 2016
Hard to evaluate Lab Support as it is a temporary service. My contact with Lab Support was minimal, but Lab Support did actually support me.
A Great Place to work and learn new skills
QA Technician, (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioJanuary 16, 2012
If you are looking to upgrade your skills and get good pay to do it then Lab Support is the place for you. The managemenet team is very proactive in both employee and and client relations and strives to provide an environment of enrichment . The resources are the very best in the staffing industry.
Pros
great assignments, top notch employers, good benefits, safety training
Very supportive team
GMO Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 23, 2014
Work life balance was encouraged. Boss allowed me to take breaks for college classes. great benefits. Promoted from within.
Flexible, and moderate environment.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 23, 2016
A department that you have to handle hot temperature, and touch hot products. Nothing hard, but very dehydrating. People are friendly and very diverse.
Lab support is a great company to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2016
Lab support provided me with the opportunity to have wet chemistry lab experience so that I can become familiar with lab settings while continuing my education in forensic science.
Pros
give meal cards for birthdays
Cons
no cons to this company but to ALS, where I was working at they needed a group lead trainer for proficiency of lab assignments
Good Placement, communicates well with you during your assginment
Quality Assurance technician (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJFebruary 3, 2016
Great learning experience. Glad to be given the opportunity to exercise the skills and techniques I learned in college.
Pros
Nice people, nice equipment in lab
Cons
No breaks, manager was moody sometime
Full of lies. Take 50% of your salary as commission!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2012
I must start off saying that lab support is good at finding you a job, however it is a terrible company to “work” for.

There is nothing wrong with Lab Support if you are only going to work doing a temporary project for a few weeks/3 months. Absolutely DO NOT work for Lab Support for any time longer than 3 months. Either get hired by the company you are doing work for, or find a new job.

I will give you some background information so you can see why Lab Support exploits their employees.

The company they find you a job with is who you physically do work for. When you work, you submit your time sheet to Lab Support, who bills the company you work for. Therefore, you are doing work for a company but getting paid through Lab Support. Here is an example:

Hours worked this week: 40
Wage: $12/hr
Lab Support bills company: $24/hr
Lab Support makes: $12/hr, or $480 (50% commission!)
You make: $480

LAB SUPPORT TAKES 50% OF YOUR PAYCHECK AS THEIR COMISSION!

They make a hefty sum off of your hard work. There is nothing wrong with them taking a commission. They have recruiters that need to be payed. However, 50% is ridiculous!

“We offer competitive pay, and benefits that include medical and dental insurance, bonuses, holiday pay, and a 401(k) plan”

Competitive pay:

When starting, they told me the average person with my degree makes $12-16 per hour directly out of college. That is the average that THEY pay others with your same degree. The average degree holder for my degree makes around $30/hr. I don’t appreciate them lying.

Holiday pay: The 12 weeks prior to the holiday you must
  more... have worked 450 hours. Assuming 40hr/wk worked, that leaves room for you to miss slightly more than 3 days of work in that time frame.

New years won’t be paid for because of Christmas and Thanksgiving are 4 days (in which you wont work). Christmas won’t be payed for if you missed 1.75 days in the 12 weeks prior (due to being off work for Thanksgiving). Also, most companies have Christmas eve and the day after thanksgiving listed as paid holidays, whereas Lab Support does not.

Benefits:

-Benefits suck! They contribute 0% to your 401k. Most companies will match the amount you contribute.

-HMO based health insurance that is limited and very expensive
No paid sick leave

-No paid vacation days (you have to work their for a year first)

-No bonuses

What get’s me the most is that they try to sound like they are just as good as every other company and treat their employees well—they absolutely do not. There is so much red tape it is unbelievable. Lab Support is full of lies. Stay away!
Pros
none!
Cons
low pay, no benefits
A great learning experience
Sample Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2013
I started in sample management in June of 2010 and gradually started taking on more lab support duties. And eventually I started to gain experience as an analyst. A majority of my time now is spent in sample management and in lab support, but I am always open to new responsibilities. The most beneficial thing I learned at Tandem Labs is how to appropriately manage my time. With constant and multiple deadlines, it is essential that I take advantage of my time in the most efficient way. Typically, a work day consists of accessioning and disposing of samples, ordering and receiving laboratory supply when needed and conducting routine maintenance on some of the instruments. The hardest part of the job is definitley having to work with such a small amount of manpower. However, with the things that I have learned, I have been successful in managing my time and ensuring that the tasks in front of me always get done.
Pros
close relationships with the people around me and willingness of my supervisor to help when needed.
Cons
lack of manpower which lead to lack of personal growth within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lab Support. Our community is ready to answer.