Lab Support Employee Reviews

Very supportive team
GMO Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJuly 23, 2014
Work life balance was encouraged. Boss allowed me to take breaks for college classes. great benefits. Promoted from within.
Professional
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJuly 23, 2014
Lab support has professional people who really have your best in mine.
Pros
the people
It was an overall decent place to work
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, N.J.May 28, 2014
I learned to be on top of my tasks. Sometimes certain situations had to be taken into my own hands. Staff is not very helpful if you ask me
A great part time job
Photo Technician/Coverage (Former Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PAMay 1, 2014
For a part time college job this was a nice place to work. Could mostly schedule around my classes but had to work every weekend.
Phlebotomy
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 7, 2014
I was hired on to train as a phlebotomist/lab support for my Medical Laboratory Science Internship Program through Sanford Health in Sioux Falls, SD. My job consisted of drawing venous punctures and patient care.
Pros
morning pick ups
Cons
part-time only
Petroleum Testing
Manager and Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 11, 2014
UOP and API testing of most petroleum products and tests, Knock Engines, R and D
Pros
r and d, revised lab and operations manuals
Cons
long commute
Fun Workplace
ANALYTICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 30, 2013
Interesting place to work with incentives often provided.
High volume, fast paced laboratory environment with great people
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2013
I have enjoyed working at Emory as a processing tech and as the coordinator. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lots of call
Management was very helpful
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WINovember 27, 2013
The staff was always working to find a position that would accommodate me.
Pros
enjoyed my assignments and learned new guidelines and techniques
Cons
irregular or intermittent work assignments
It's too unstable a position to take just out of a lab
Certified Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
I was originally very excited to change careers from lab work to a more people oriented position. This was brutal. Every day you were told you needed to do better, regardless of your "numbers" that week.
Pros
freedom to drive to various appointments away from the office 3/5 days
Cons
too much expectation and projecting the fear for lay off any day.
Very Productive.
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.August 29, 2013
Lab support was very helpful at finding me my first job after graduating from college and provided me with a great experience.
ONCE A GOOD TEMP SERVICE NO JUST A WASTE OF TIME
CHemist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 8, 2013
I worked for them every time I was between jobs. Companies moving over seas, closing, I was a victim of like everyone else.
It would take me about 2 weeks with them to find something.

I dont know what happen but now they are terrible. Nothing but a black hole! waste of time and lines of BS the recruiter tells you.
They are as bad as Kelly Services.
They call and say "we have a job for you' then you see the job listed and no follow up. You contact them, nothing for about 2 weeks then you get a phone call to go meet someone! you chat, they give you paper work...then the black hole hits! I doubt they do little to nothing!

I even hired them at the last company I worked for ....once I get another job NO MORE!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
temp service
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2013
very helpful in finding you work,good referals,management is good.
Well informed and flexible
Contract Employee (Current Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJune 18, 2013
Always up front with details and appreciative of individual circumstances.
Placement agency
Temporary Hire (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 8, 2013
This company placed me at Pace and was very quick. Worked for them until Pace hired me full-time.
A great learning experience
Sample Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 5, 2013
I started in sample management in June of 2010 and gradually started taking on more lab support duties. And eventually I started to gain experience as an analyst. A majority of my time now is spent in sample management and in lab support, but I am always open to new responsibilities. The most beneficial thing I learned at Tandem Labs is how to appropriately manage my time. With constant and multiple deadlines, it is essential that I take advantage of my time in the most efficient way. Typically, a work day consists of accessioning and disposing of samples, ordering and receiving laboratory supply when needed and conducting routine maintenance on some of the instruments. The hardest part of the job is definitley having to work with such a small amount of manpower. However, with the things that I have learned, I have been successful in managing my time and ensuring that the tasks in front of me always get done.
Pros
close relationships with the people around me and willingness of my supervisor to help when needed.
Cons
lack of manpower which lead to lack of personal growth within the company.
Productive and fun environment to work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas Center, IAJanuary 30, 2013
Worked for the company Pioneer in the SNP lab. Lab Support was the temp agency that I was hired thru. A typical day at for me at Pioneer involved DNA extraction of 300 96 well plates of corn. It was a fast paced, fun environment to work in.
My Work Day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 16, 2012
My typical day at work; I get started with tea and donut. I then go to my desk and check my emails. I have learned a lot in managing time. I get the most important things done and focus on the least but all in the same time I get them all done. All my co-worker were great they taught me alot on building my skills for the work place. The hardest part of the job was not being able to take on as many task as I would like. The most enjoyable was the task that was given that where difficult I love to take them on as a challenge and see if I can get them accomplish. And yes I did accomplish them!!!
Pros
meeting new people; the different lifestyles
Lab Support
Food Science Technician/Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 24, 2012
It was an opportunity to see what my interest were. I enjoyed to leadership. Also, I learned I did not enjoy bench chemistry.
Pros
i worked at great companies
Cons
i did not enjoy that kind of work
Be open but be aware.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  VariousAugust 21, 2012
Temping can be a good way to broaden your experiences and skill sets as well as to get a peak into a variety of employers and employment settings. However, it is important to understand that in the current economic environment the temp agency works for the employer and not the employee, and any conflicts will be resolved accordingly. Be open but be aware.

Comment – January 26, 2013

I worked for kelly scientific in midland, mi and they stiffed me real bad and the phrase "they work for the employer and not for the employee " is more than true.