Labatt Food Service

Labatt Food Service Employee Reviews

Easy going environment that never showed any sign of appreciation for hard work
Spotter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: No management meddling with work at micro level
Cons: Graveyard shift
Management never showed any appreciation for working hard. It made me sad by the way I was treated by Labatt after I quit. Never did they contact me to ask why I quit after 9 years!
Great career job
SELECTOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 6, 2015
a good job where you really have to work to actually make good money. benefits and co-workers are great. overall, great environment to work in.
Challenging but little advancement
Route Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: must stay healthy, good paycheck, performance rewarded monetarily
Cons: long hours, hard on knees, only one option for advancement
I was a local route driver for almost a year. To work here you must eat and sleep like an athlete. Also must be comfortable driving a semi downtown or to the border and back. 15 hour days actually lower pay for the hours you will work. The rare short days offer the most pay per hour. Always work available and management is decent but not always truthfull. Good job overall but don't expect to move up unless you are a "star player".
needs improvment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2015
company needs to remodel their management it could be a great place to work they could be more flexable when it comes to certain issues at the company
well organized and great company to work for
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: beneifts and healty life style, great communication and management
Cons: weather
This company is great if you like to be active and interact with customers. It is well organized based on management and dispatchers communication. They are willing to do what ever it takes to take care of the Customers as well as the drivers. I would consider this job again if it is open. I enjoyed working for the customers and with the co-workers. I consider it a fun job for those who enjoy working out and move a lot. The equipment is always up to date and maintained. Management will always assist if needed-open door policy.
Entry Level Career
Outside Sales Mentee (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 15, 2014
Cold Call with no territory
Learned how to encounter specific challenges and obstacles
Run analysis and reports
6 years and no advancement
recoupe (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: managment
the pay is good but there is no advancement. they are hesitant to move or promote.
Not worth it
Delivery driver (Current Employee), San AntonioAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free exercise?
Cons: over work under paid, management doesn't care, 12 to 15 hour days, insane trainers, dirty trucks, poor training, lack of communication, poor routing, only 5 days of vacation a year
You'd figure with as many years in the business they'd have it together, but they are lacking.
If you're looking to work here as a student driver, to get your cdl, my advice don't. While you're in training you won't get paid for the routes you go out on, and you're on routes more often then not. Some how every Friday they are late loading the trucks. You don't even get to clock in till they are done either so you sit around waiting anywhere from 30 to 90+ minutes. Your route can change without any prior notice, and multiple times in less then 24 hours. Your typical route is 12 to 15 hours long, and if you run out of time you have to lay over. Trainers are more concerned with personal phone calls then doing any actual training or keeping track of it. Some of the drivers are completely nuts and drive aggressively. Trainers smoke in the trucks even though it's against company policy... Great example of what not to be.

In short, I've been there a short time and already want out, I could care less about the sign on bonus I'd get after 2 years.
Great company too work for !
Maintenance (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2014
Love waking up to go to this job! The management for this company was great, very friendly but hard working and motivating. I learned a lot through everyday experience from my supervisor physically/mentally from plumbing, welding, operating forklifts and stock pickers to interacting with customer or contractors for big warehouse jobs. The hardest thing about this job was losing my friend "supervisor" too retirement.
Great Position to work for Entry level candidates
Customer Service Representative/ HR Assistant (Current Employee), Harlingen, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: hours are good
Cons: moments when there's not much to do.
Every day has a deadline. Never a dull moment. Co-workers, management and Sales Representatives are respectable and treat everyone equally.
Productive fast pace environment
Stocker (Former Employee), San Antonio, TxOctober 9, 2013
Pros: work at your own pace but must meet deadline loading and unloading trucks
Cons: good benefits
Very strict employment meeting deadlines everyday hard work but great money and benefits.
Terrible management
Fulltime Order Selector (Former Employee), dallasOctober 4, 2013
Long hours, late nights brain washed company. Terrible management. The most insane policies ever. Just not a fun company to work for at all.
Productive and fun workplace with co-workers
Order Selector (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 31, 2013
Pros: dental, vision, healthcare, and retirement 401(k)
Cons: short lunches and varied hours
 Process and fill customer orders
 Utilize tugger to pull and position merchandise
 Provide customer service and train new employees
 Maintain work environment in accordance with OSHA requirements

The hardest part of this job is the mental ability and the most enjoyable part is staying in good physical shape
Fun Workplace While Challenging
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 30, 2013
A typical day at work was spent making sure that clients food orders were in the system before deadlines. I learned how to use time management skills to meet deadlines for the Sales Managers I worked under. The hardest part of the job was getting in touch with the clients when they could not be reached. The most enjoyable part was working in an office for the first time.
Labatt
Day Shift supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2013
Pros: in house promotions
Cons: bad corporate managers
Very unorganized company. Alot of individuals in positions that shouldnt be where they are.
Broadline Wholesale Distributor
National Account Sales Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2012
Growing company with family values. Great company to work for, and great experience.
Good pay.Too much work for one person.No helper
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: too much work for one person.no helper
Good pay.They over work you.Lots of stops and lots of reloads.
nice place
Order Selector/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: the work schedule
for the most part calm cool and collective place to work... the hardest part working there is certain people in managment that made the job harder than what it should have been
Great night job
Batch Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 10, 2012
Pros: the work hours
Cons: no room for advancement
Working for this company, I handled the routes and load information for the tuck drivers and truck loaders. I learned about the food distribution and how the industry works. I enjoyed the fact that I still had my days to do what I needed since I worked an overnight shift.

Labatt Food Service Salaries