LabCorp

LabCorp Employer Reviews

be prepared to work your butt off
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Downey, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: weekends mostly off
Cons: short staffed and long lines
not too bad a company to work for, but it is a corporation. It's all about numbers to upper management. At times it's a fun place to work at but other times be prepared to work alone with large amounts of angry patients. Biggest down side is that they are always short staffed and management does nothing to fix the problem.
very productive
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), br laMarch 30, 2015
the training was amazing the job is an amazing job wish they were hiring because I would love to work for them processing blood drug screening and patient care it was amazing and helping all the patients
I enjoy working well with others
Phlebotomist Specialist Technician (Current Employee), Raritan/LivingstonMarch 29, 2015
Pros: free parking
Cons: no lunch break
A typical day at work is seeing 20 patients or more, learning every patient is different, management is great,my co-workers are awesome, the hardest part of the job is effectively managing my time to complete all tasks, the best part of my job is dealing with public.
very good interaction with my co workers..very expensive healthcare insurance.
Service Representative (Current Employee), VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: use of company car when on personal time.
Cons: company will not match dollar amount in 401k plan.
my route started @2;00 pm and ended @10;30.I have 42 stops to go to.You have to be very patience with the traffic pattern as it can change at any moment.My supervisor and mananger was very flexible with my suggestions ..
My workplace is the most pleasant of my 20+ years in the medical field.
Patient Service Technician (Phlebotomist) (Current Employee), Corbin, KYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Salary and benefits provided for me and my family are excellent.
Cons: None at this time.
My typical day at work starts early with patients coming in for their blood work. However, on occasion a difficult stick comes along which I find to be the hardest part of my job. Having patience and being kind to that patient helps them and myself get through a difficult situation and we work together to resolve it.

My coworkers are excellent and I find each of them
special in their own way. With that I've learned there are many types of personalities and taking time to listen is often all it takes to be productive in such a versatile environment.

I find the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I've made a difference in someone's life.
Whether it's a kind word or a smile but I enjoy most hearing someone say, "you didn't hurt me." That brings me joy knowing something as unpleasant
as having your blood drawn was made somewhat more tolerable. Which in most cases I'm told of their dread or fear or terrible past experiences .

My manager is a blessing to me. She is understanding and reasonable. She knows the territory of my job because she's been there.
I learn from her that even though you feel overwhelmed, step back and look at the situation
and use your resources to resolve it.
They manage by fear - a Harassing and Bullying work place.
Key Account Executive (Former Employee), TexasMarch 26, 2015
This company manages by fear. Their management harasses and bullies their employees so that they fear for job loss. They do not care about their employees as individuals but merely views them as commodities who can be replaced easily and treat them as if they were on a production line. They blame their employees for events that are out of their realm of control such as pricing, lost specimens, and employee issues. This is the worst company that I have ever worked for in that their management does not know what they are doing. At all. They still utilize a dos computer system which is extremely outdated. I would NOT under any circumstance work for this company again. Please second guess your decision if you are offered a job here. It is not worth it and there is absolutely no room for advancement. The only people who I think would be good for this job is someone who needs experience in getting in to sales. I would stay for no longer than one year and then I would high tail it out of there for a better opportunity.
great learing experience
Phlebotomist/Labtech (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYMarch 25, 2015
Pros: hands on trainning
Cons: learning the all NYC subways system in 2 weeks
This was an amazing place to work for!!! They train properly and the benefits are awesome. You do a lot of hands on but its pretty much drawn out for you in their computer system. Your trained to process and ship specimens in a timely matter and the environment is always clean and up to company standards. Upper management can do a little better with handling employee/clients relation's but overall they are on top of issues and complaints. The best part of this job was the hands on training and the fact I was a floater so I got to travel around to different clinics and gained so much experience with different age groups and cultures. The hardest part of the job was learning the NYC subway system on my own when I moved from Baltimore!
Unfair hours and management that doesn't care about your wellbeing
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: unfair hours, management's lack of care, specimen handling from hospital is horrendous, not knowing when you're going home, difficult standards to meet
I applied for a 9PM to 5:30AM shift for this position. I was told to come in at 8:30PM (8:00PM now).

Regardless of the application being 5:30AM being the time you clock out, you have to stay until every specimen has been processed. This means mandatory overtime, EVERY. DAY. We usually finish at 9AM to 11:30AM being the latest I've ever worked. So, not only are you forced to come in early, you are forced to stay late. We don't know what time we're going home. We are done when we are done, which is mentally exhausting to deal with every night.

Management here is a complete miss. A lot of the corporate higher ups are not around the lab long enough to know what's going on. A lot of their "solutions" to the overtime issue is to "hire more people" or "work earlier" when it never works. They don't want to listen to other people's perspective on the matter.

This position is all about making numbers and meeting your (amazingly difficult) quotas. In fact, these quotas are arbitrary and inaccurate, as a lot of workers are actually not really producing those numbers. The numbers only make management happy/angry, not the workers here who work on average about 12 or more hours a day.

Specimen received are mostly against us workers, as, an example, urine bottles get spilled in the bags, staples that are not completely stapled down, so your gloves get shredded/hand gets scratched which is QUITE dangerous, considering you're working with patients testing for things like HIV or HPV. We have addressed this issue before. It was never fixed and we're still risking injuring ourselves. A lot of – more... times, tests ordered, especially handwritten ones, are almost completely illegible or incomplete, so you run the risk of ordering the wrong tests.

Co-workers here seem to be one of the very small amount of pros working here. We all have to go through this every night, so we become close. They're like another family since you have to work exhaustively unfair hours.

But hey, you get a lot of overtime hours, so you'll be sure to get paid. – less
Very Producttive
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Florence, SCMarch 20, 2015
I ENJOY MY JOB AND CO WORKERS, MY SUPERVISOR MAKES SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS ON TACK AND THAT WE ARE WELL TAKEN CARE OF A WELL.
Wonderful benefits with this company for example vacation time
Service Rep (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: overtime, minimal supervision, company car and vacation time
Cons: hours are not flexible and mandatory overtime
The management of this company is overall every good have enjoyed working with them. Since I'm a driver with this company there is minimal supervision with what I do. However the guidelines are very clear along with my duties.

Typical day is come in review your route gather all supplies for clients. Check in with management or team lead for any changes or updates on route. Depending on your route you may have up to 29 clients plus will calls. Will calls are clients that are added to your route through out the day you are required to work them into your pick-ups. You must arrive in a timely manner treating clients in friendly and professional manner as you pick up lab work.

When picking up lab work you must make sure it is in correct packaging and with paperwork. In car you must secure lab work in proper containers i.e. room temp. refrigerator or frozen on dry ice. At end of day all logs specimen logs along with mileage logs are to be filled out in neat manner.

Perhaps the challenge of this job is to stay on time. This can be a challenge due to accidents, traffic, weather, or clients not ready due to computer issues. Some times you must be patient as client vents their issues with company to you. Smart way to handle it is listen, take notes. Then turn them over to management and assure client it will be handled then follow up. Even if it's just asking how things turned out.

One thing I enjoy is working with minimal supervision and allowed to work out the best way to run the route. With this company you may have personal use of company car if you are full-time. A small fee that is taken out of your check but it amounts to less than what you pay for gas monthly.

Something else that stands out with this company is their vacation time. Not only to you get wonderful vacation time but 401K, insurance, stocks and lab work is free with company.
Toxic Environment
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: get paid on time
Cons: everything else
LabCorp treats their employees as just another number. No one is irreplaceable and they constantly remind you of it. Zero to no perks (no holiday spirit, tiny or no raises and bonuses). Poor and unprofessional management is very rude and write-up friendly (feels as if they are working against their employees) and place unrealistic expectations on their staff. They don't acknowledge major contributions yet they are quick to blow the smallest mistakes out of proportion. Most employees are stressed beyond imagination. They will make promises they can't deliver. Almost impossible to get personal time off. They force you work 6 days to complete 40 hours in one week (1/2 day off during week to work 1/2 day on Saturday). STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP!!!
Good experience
Regional Business Development Executive (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I started as a Key Account sales executive and got promoted fairly quick. Fast paced environment. Enjoyed my experience at LabCorp
Sophisticated Sweat Shop
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 15, 2015
Pros: None
Horrible management that have no basic idea of human morale. Set extreme standards even for people training and have no hesitation to terminate a person without warning. Can't even be a minute late and no breaks for part time employees either! Full time employees basically have no work/life balance since it is an overnight shift and they work you so much you would pretty much be too exhausted to do anything else. Most people who work here have degrees but with the way they treat us, it seems like we work at a fast food restaurant. The only thing I can say is that a lot of the coworkers at my job are intelligent and good at heart. The ones who succeed though are the ones who kiss up to the management.
Fortune 500 leading the market, great co-workers, excellent benefits.
Hospital Key Account Executive (Former Employee), Raritan, NJMarch 14, 2015
Pros: co-workers, product offerings, industry leader, benefits
Cons: industry is becoming a commodity, price pressure, consolidation in marketplace
LapCorp is an industry leader. Of course there is pressure to achieve quotas and they are aggressive.CRM and redundant reporting is daunting but seems to be commonplace in today's sales marketplace. There are fabulous people at LCA and I worked iwth a great team. I left LCA for an opportunity I felt very strongly would be an excellent fit for me.
Excellent place to work!
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee), Sun City, AZMarch 13, 2015
Pros: everything!!!!
Cons: nothing i know of.
I loved doing my extern here!!! the employees as well as the management were amazing! fast pace and busy with all types of people every day. great up to date equipment and supplies, always great patients and wonderful attitudes. Work here if you are lucky enough!!!!
Love my Job
Plebotomist (Current Employee), Archbald, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: patients, enviroment
Cons: management
Love my job and my patients but typical corporate America
no one listens and they are hiring less qualified employees making $3.00 more than me and I have been very loyal
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYMarch 12, 2015
The vast majority of first-level managers I have met are helpful and encouraging, genuinely committed to the success of the individuals on their teams
Phlebotomy Tech
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2015
Very flexible and many sites to work in. A typical work day is once I sign then I then begin to call in patients one at a time and then I get all their information and enter it into the computer system and then I gather all my supplies to begin my draw and call my next patient. my coworkers are very helpful in getting any needed info from the doctors. I really enjoy my doing my job.
Friendly and fast paced working environment.
Administrative Billing Team Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 10, 2015
I work day always went by quickly because there was always something to do. My co-workers were welcoming and supportive. It was a great experience helping patients on a daily basis. The hardest part of the day was when a patient had passed. Management was well organized and approachable.
good place to work
Phlebotomist/Floater (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 10, 2015
Floating between IOP's & PSC's where ever coverage is needed for that day, collecting blood processing and shipping. Data entry of patient demographics and insurance for billing purposes. Drug screens, Finger Prints, DNA testing and annual bio metrics all preformed on a daily basic. Everything about the job is easy when your a passionate worker hardest task is the driving when having to drive to several sites in one day especially if there is a great difference between them. Overall awesome job and a great company to work for.

1 2 3 4 5

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries