LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,974 reviews matching the search
Do not like this company
PST Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 24, 2017
Very unorganized. Short staffed, long patient wait times, you never get help when you ask for it. Medical insurance ok. 1 hour lunch break a plus, paid holidays
very stressful, cutthroat, difficult, place to work
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2017
Pay was great but LCA micromanages every employee. Must clock in and out on the minute. we were made to screen at least 14 slides/hour. were not allowed out of your seat. Firing occurred at random for no reason. Paperwork and documentation were absolutely ridiculous and extremely time consuming. Management looks at employees as a number only not a person. If you don't fit "the box" you are let go.
Pros
great pay
Cons
made to screen too many slides/hr
unprofessional
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAApril 23, 2017
The corporation is way too much of a corporation. The only people that really matter are the high ups. They don't care about their employees at the very bottom of the tank actually helping and taking care of people. Their labs are fill with overworked, underpaid and underappreciated employees making the minimum that they can for working in a hospital. Benefits were okay but not worth working with so many unhappy people and in a constantly negative environment.
Pros
job security, patients are amazing
Cons
everything else
Big Improvement but looking for more
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2017
Satisfying to assist couriers and clients but I long for more teamwork and leadership in my department. I've improved my computer skills greatly and about half of my department is an absolute pleasure to work with. Unclear how to advance internally and the only opportunity to increase my wage comes annually and it isn't generous. In a sometimes frenetically busy call center, I've experienced professional growth by being stretched outside of my comfort zone.
Pros
Some of my coworkers
Cons
Some of my coworkers
You wont stay long
Patient Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCApril 21, 2017
When you start they make it seem like it is so easy to move to various jobs but it is not. They also make it seem easy to get a raise but it is not. You will be looking for another job after a couple of months
Productive nice place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 21, 2017
I love it. Great to Learn, good benefits, i love working and helping patients.

I love learning new things about Phlebotomy and they have well trained supervisors and information.
Pros
Great learning place
Cons
nice
Fast pace and lots of room to grow
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 20, 2017
I absolute love working for Labcorp. So many opportunities to grow within this company and would recommend this company to anyone. I worked in a fast paced hospital environment and loved every second of it.
Has the potential to be a great company
GC/MS AND LC-MS/MS TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 20, 2017
Average benefits, company more concern with profits than lower to mid level employees. Very high turn over in certain departments. People usually leave for better paying jobs.
Held employee events
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2017
Good place to work. Collecting the samples for the various analyses that I ran. I liked the technical Laboratory work, QC and calibrating the equipment. Busiest time in the morning, getting out results and re-analysing positive samples.
Pros
Enjoyed co-workers
Cons
Did not work out with family life.
Great
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2017
I haved loved working for this company, they have been nothing but great to my family and myself. I have learned a lot, had it not been for me wanting to pursue my dreams I would stay
Long Hours
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85040April 18, 2017
When I first started here I loved it. I was working and making good money. I didn't mind the long hours so much until it finally took it's toll on me. I was missing out on special occasions. When I did make it to a birthday party or whatever celebration I fell asleep there.
I was working 60 hour weeks. I was not exercising anymore. I was not happy anymore. I was grateful for having a job though. I always try to humble myself.
Pros
Company bought us pizza when we hit production rate
challeging interesting work conditions
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Raritan, NJApril 17, 2017
good company to work for, under changes at this time. not a very good atmosphere lately. people were the best to work with Management, not so good. they were under pressure.
Pros
friendly people, updated phone system
Cons
leadership lacking the people skills needed.
Great company
Phlebotomist-IOP's, Floater (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2017
BASICALLY worked for the company almost 12 yrs. Enjoyed working for them I've learned a lot to medical terminology to lab testing. Loved working for my former supervisor.
Need an older group of ppl working here
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 17, 2017
LabCorp is a great company to work for if work is distributed evenly throughout the lab! The pay is just okay not the best! The good thing is you can advance within the company and earn a little more money but not much.. This is a multi billion dollar company, its employees work hard and deserve so much more compensation than what they receive!
Fast pace.
Lab Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 14, 2017
It’s a fast-paced, metric-driven environment where little to no opportunities is present. The company focuses on the overall turn around and not enough emphasis is placed on patient care.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
would be a great place to work if notnfor terrible management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Okatie, SCApril 13, 2017
jennifer fitsemons phlebotomy supervisor from savannah is a terrible manager and leader. she intentionally stabs her workers in the back and fires amazing employees seemingly for the fun of it. this job was fun and has great employees but poor management.
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAApril 12, 2017
Very good place to work. You have to be a people person to work here. You have to have a heart, however, even if you are in a messed up mood, just set the mood right for the patient.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good patients
Cons
No breaks
This company does not priortize employee satisfaction
In Office Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
It is very difficult to have your concerns taken seriously with regards to ensuring the employee has sufficient tools and supplies to perform the job adequately. If a problem or situation arises, management is slow to respond and never assumes responsibility. Not a good choice if you are interested in upward mobility.
Pros
Cons
Often too busy to take a proper lunch break. Low starting pay, even with years of experience.
Such a family structured enviroment ! I love it.
Patient Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAApril 10, 2017
Labcorp is an amazing company ! So goad I've had the opportunity of working with such excellent people. Super professional , accurate, and very friendly environment all around.
Nice job, bad politics
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2017
Many of the employees form cliques and politics reign supreme. If you can get under the right manager/supervisor you can flourish and increase your knowledge greatly. With the wrong ones you are stuck in a boring 8-5.
Pros
work life balance, overtime often available
Cons
politics reign, difficult to advance, even with opportunities available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval