LabCorp

LabCorp Employer Reviews

Excellent company to work for
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits, and pay
Cons: overtime ocassionally but not too bad
I enjoyed working for Labcorp 11 years. I had to leave due to starting a degree in college, and distance from home, but overall I have no complaints.
They were very open to suggestions
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: all ways got free lunch.
This is were I started my phlebotomy career at. I learned a lot. I was trained to go out and open new offices. I enjoyed working with the doctors. They were always very polite and helpful. My co workers were always very professional and treated everyone fairly. I worked there for a very long time.
Good company to work for
HR (Former Employee), New Castle, DESeptember 10, 2014
If you like working in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing to keep up with the competition you will like it here. Money is not the greatest, but the flexibility makes up for it.
Awesome company with room for advancement.
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, fun co-workers, relaxed environment.
Cons: no covered parking & no breakroom.
Work load is hit or miss. Some days are busy others not so much. The day consists of drawing blood, taking money for tests; answering the phone; processing specimens and keeping good records of patients visits.
Avoid like the plauge
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I've never worked for such a horrible place. It's a germ infested sweatshop. You want time off? Forget about it. You want gloves that work? Nope. If you don't want a personal life, like I mean even an hour to yourself a day, then this is the place for you.
company with great benefits
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Porterville, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: steady work, great benefits
Cons: not enough staffing
great company provides sufficient amount of hours+ for each work day
provides all necessary tools for job to be completed
great career and company to work for to interact with public
ok
Patient Service Technician Team Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
okay to work new manager don't how to communicate with staff ...lots of overtime...some staff not team players...to much gossip within south side..bonus every quarter
Strong well liked work environment
Medical Assistant/Laboratory Lead (Former Employee), Houston,TXSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: limited advancement
A typical day at Labcorp was interesting because everyday was different. Patients would come in expecting a good experience at the lab, and I would do what ever possible to fulfill their needs. Management was fair and knowledgeable. My co-worker was smart and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was the scheduling of the patients sometimes – more... the waiting periods was to long. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing repeat patients along with gaining their trust and them knowing I would take great care of them. – less
Strong well liked work environment
Pros: good medical benefits
Cons: limited advancement
Very friendly and safe workplace
Laboratory Technologist Trainee (Current Employee), Durham,NCSeptember 6, 2014
Very friendly and safe workplace. my co workers are awesome and my supervisor is always ready to help.
A good company in the industry
Cytogenetic Technologist in Molecular Genetics (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNSeptember 6, 2014
A good company in the industry. reasonable work load with reasonable pay.
Prepped all departments on site
Lab Assistant for Quality Control Department (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMSeptember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I usually did my own thing without supervision but made sure everything was in order and ready to go for all labs.
Not what it's hyped up to be
PST (Current Employee), VirginiaSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
I thought I would love working with LabCorp.. I absolutely hate it. I absolutely made an mistake by leaving my previous job to work here. I didn't heed the warning signs when I accepted the position. Everything has been unorganized from the acceptance of the position to now. Let's just say I just started and am already searching for another job. The – more... faster the better. – less
Very fast paced and overall great place to work
Specimen Accessioner-Administrative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Teamwork always gets the job done on time
Coworkers treat everyone like family
Paying attention to detail is a must
production
Revenue Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Customer Service, balancing drawer and office. Training new hire, assisting customer with money orders, checks. Making daily deposits.
Friendly workplace that did a great job of abiding to OSHA regulations.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2014
The co-workers there were very friendly. The company was lab-based and was segmented into different departments. Each department functioned well in their own respects. There were times when the departments came together for social gatherings, which was really a great opportunity to get to know other employees. It was an overall good experience.
Unprofessional, Poor management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Tri City Area, VirginiaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: compensation, management, organization sucks
LabCorp would be a good company to work for IF you fired ALL management and HR!! They dont care for their employees, and truthfully their patients either.

There have been times that we've worked with 2 staff members seeing 125 people, this includes drug screens and paternities...WITH NO LUNCH BREAK!! They hark about overtime, not wanting you to get – more... any..however, they dont provide the staff to avoid doing so. There have been times that my pay is completely messed up....and what does management say? You'll get it next pay period, i was unaware that you worked. How do you not know your employees schedules when you make it. They want you to work weekends, saying that it is a regular work day but they forget to pay you. Employees have deaths in families and when you call in, they say?? " You know thats a write up"... Where is the compassion? & understanding? The compensation SUCKS!!! Also, when trying to get in contact with your "GM"..HA! Good luck! He's a ghost. There is no email and /or phone number. They want you to constantly get "credit card captures"..EVEN if the patient has medicare or MEDICAID!! The supervisor is extremely rude. What supervisor curses about patients and/or other things to you. AND talks to you like a child.

Bottom line... if you would like to work for a company that is well organized, respectable, understanding, compensates well...spend your time applying elsewhere. – less
Assistant Manual Chemistry manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILAugust 30, 2014
Pros: excellent rapport with my team, encouraging new sales techniques, and stressing how important it was to understand all products, & billing info we were selling.
Cons: disorganization during a merge with another corporation
I excelled in sales in an "open territory" because I was creative and patient. I did in depth research about our products, and always mentioned our relationship with Roche Corp. I continued to develop relationships with possible new business while continuing to manage ongoing accounts.
Great way to help patients
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLAugust 30, 2014
Fast paced with heavy workflow
Phlebotomy is a great tool for the medical field
Very diverse employee list
Takes a lot of patience
Make people feel great
good lab to work for
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYAugust 28, 2014
My departement is very flexible with hwlp me balance my famyly life. I learned a lot as a team leader how to interact with different personaliries.

1 2 3 4 5

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Photos