LabCorp Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,551 reviews matching the search
Low salary, bad management
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Very low salary for 3rd shift (10pm - 6.30am).
Company changes schedule too often.
Bad companies policies, very restrictive regulations.
Employees' productivity is not being considered.
The company does not fulfill the job agreement in terms of schedule and tasks. Overtime is mandatory, at the same time, the company keeps changing the schedule to avoid paying overtime.
Pros
Data Entry with a well known laboratory
Cons
low salary, bad employees' policies, bad management
Very good job enjoy my job call center needed more managerial efforts to show more quality and share new ideas with their employees
MEDICAL BLLER (Current Employee) –  MCLEANSVILLE NCFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoy working for labcorp but need to expand my career skills that I have obtained with medical billing great benefits; they need to recognize their tenure people and work better and new idea to accomodate the work load that company is needed
Pros
NICE JOB
Cons
BETTER WORKING ENVIROMENT
Manually enter patient data and prepare human samples for testing.
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 24, 2015
Start at 7pm with cleaning and resupplying personal work station. Quickly view current specimens and correct any paperwork issues. Begin entering patient data and any requested tests into computer system. Allocate specimens into new containers more appropriate for the desired biological examination. As the day progresses, more deliveries of samples arrive and the process is repeated. After this is completed, all data is reviewed by a peer to ensure accuracy and then all biohazardous materials are disposed of. Decent pay for a starter job, but night shifts with mandatory overtime tax the personal life quite a bit. Still, a stable paycheck with fun coworkers is a nice part of my life.
Pros
Stable pay, full time with benefits.
Cons
Night shift, mandatory overtime.
Decent company to work for.
Cytology Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2015
Primary responsibilities included accessioning a large amount of cytological specimens. Accuracy and attention to detail was very important. Main goals were productivity and accuracy. Work was very repetitive and could be monotonous. Management was willing to work with employees when personal emergencies occured. Unfortunately there was no real room for growth in the department. Large corporation, but not much incentive given to lower level employees in terms of benefits, bonuses, or raises reflecting the increase in cost of living.
Management was professional when dealing with subordinates and work issues. Enjoyed 10 years of working with some great coworkers.
Pros
Catered holiday meals, flexibility with work hours.
Cons
Training not comprehensive, benefits, atmosphere.
horrible place to work!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCMarch 2, 2016
Your stuck at same pay for awhile..when u get a raise its like 15 cents. You have to earn your vacation at the beg of the year you dont get it all at one time. The management sucks! They will fire you for NO REASON.
Pros
Steady work, high-volume work-flow, good job security.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2015
LabCorp NW is a huge lab managing accounts all over the northwest area. There is a large influx of samples that come in to be processed and tested daily which brings a lot of security to any job within the company but this does have some negative results. The immense work load can be a little daunting but if everyone works together then it can be accomplished swiftly. The obstacle to this is the friction that exists between management and corporate, which in turn causes friction between management and employees and creates problems in staffing requests. The people themselves though are wonderful.
Pros
Great benefits, part of a union, & lot of job security
Cons
high-pressure environment & parking is an issue
Competitive Salary
Patient Service Center Coordinator / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 7, 2015
Competitive salary and skilled phlebotomist. Great open door policy. Everyday is different. You never know if you going to be short staffed due to lack of compunction between management and staff. Technology is great, which makes it easier to maintain a large patient flow. Labcorp has a high standard when it comes to phlebotomist. They must be very skilled and experienced.
Pros
1hr lunch. competitive salary
Cons
Healthcare, staffing issues
1 person work station and never send help
Phlebotomist/Receptionist/Processor/Lab asst./DOT (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 29, 2015
I worked at a one man PSC and the supervisor would never answer her phone or send me help, when across the street she had three girls at one PSC doing nothing but socializing. I seen 20 to 30 people a day and had to process every patients sample before I left with no help. I know that I did my job very well patients would always tell me how great of a job I was doing.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Benifits
Great Benefits, Low compensation
Immigration testing representative (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 13, 2016
Greta benefits, but the compensation it is not very competitive. Management keeps improving. Company need to review comp. policies. High rotation.
conductive Learning environment
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAFebruary 10, 2016
The proctor for this externship was kind and informative. She provided constructive criticism as well as encouragement and praise. The hours for completion were flexible and workable around my other full time job.
Great
Processor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 21, 2016
Amazing work environment. Great co-workers. Helpful supervisors. A good work life balance as well as great travel compensation. All around an A+ team.
Routine work with good people in a logistics setting.
Customer Service Rep (Courier) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 9, 2015
Co-workers on the night shift are like-able and mostly relaxed. Day shift sees night shift as unreliable and has built up a wall of opinions.

Management tries.. they really do. Corporate management just yells and sends down threats about peoples' jobs. When I first started 3 years ago it was nothing like that. Then we lost our manager to a higher paying position elsewhere since they weren't willing to match the pay.

The company puts little value on individual's lives/jobs. The benefits are decent but when the management only sees you as a number, their treatment of their employees becomes intolerable.
Pros
Lease a vehicle for 100$ a month, unlimited paid gasoline card, Wheels(company) does maintenance at no cost to the driver.
Cons
Make you feel guilty for getting sick and having to have a day off, Management has become sub-par, If you're a hard worker they'll work you to the max, If you're lazy you wont lose your job
Production Oriented
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 23, 2016
Worked for 9 years. Good company to work for.

Few rooms for advancement.
Not employee compensation
Lacks expertise in employee activities
Productive just productive.
Phlebotomist/Receptionist/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Ivyland, PAJuly 31, 2015
I was with the company for 7yrs,a typical day for me was, I would get to work a half an hour early every day. Set up all stations turn on computer LCM.Then wait for our customers too arrive. Being with Labcorp you Iearned a lot of needed material such as customer service/ registration/ venipuncture draw and also processing labs.Management on a scale 1 to 10,I'll rate them 7,that would be a good score.
The hardest part of the day is not knowing who would be working in the site with me,It was a lot of float co-workers in that site which would mean more work for me. The enjoyable part was the customers and listing to the gratitude in their voice, and giving that helping hand. that is what made my job awesome.
Pros
you receive a raise every year.
Cons
Lunch should be longer.
love my assignment
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 21, 2015
They don't appreciate their staff. That's why its a revolving door. Will do anything to please client even if its technically and morally wrong.
Pros
co workers and facility staff pleasant to work with
Cons
benefits, raises, breaks
nice place
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLMarch 18, 2016
Nice place! nice benefits , I grow in this company , but they need to pay better . hard part of my Job is they all the time have short staff and we need to cover.
Pros
nice benefist
LabCorp
Lab Asst. (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 14, 2016
Worked for 2 years as a Phlebotomist in clinic outpatient and lab settings. I have enjoyed working with LabCorp, meet different kinds of people but I needed more and better benefits.
Excessive workload with little reward
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 25, 2016
Management has little to no communication with each other let alone with the employees. They do not vet candidates to get good employees, so you end up with a pile of drones and/or people who are competent and feel undervalued. There are no consequences for poor work ethic, poor attendance, or poor attitude. This translates to the employees with any semblance of the work ethic harboring 75% of the workload. I routinely work 5-7 10-12 hour shifts a week. Yes, the overtime is sufficient, but my work/life balance is nonexistent, I don't see how it can be a healthy life for anyone. Several people I've worked with have had legitimate mental breakdowns since I've been there. Overtime is mandatory. It's truly a depressing place to work.
Labcorp
Lab Supervisor II Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 12, 2016
Advancement, great benefits. Making sure test results are number one priority. Quality work and training are a must. Vacation package unbeatable
Excellent company to work for!
Senior Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 21, 2015
The work can be challenging but extremely rewarding. Co-workers are eager to do a good job and all work toward a common goal to better patients lives. Just thinking about our motto "We're Saving Lives", instantly boosted my morale.
This company makes great strides to promote a healthy lifestyle and the flexible hours helps you attain it.
Pros
Job security, great benefits, and desirable salaries.
Cons
Training for new hires needs more attention.