LabCorp

LabCorp Employer Reviews

Rewarding career as a Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 27, 2014
Worked as a float phlebotomist and ended in Physician's office. Would rather do something unrelated to healthcare at this time.
All over the place with no organization.
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no micro-managing
Cons: the company does not value and appreciate the collection staff
This company will place employees any and everywhere. There is no training being done on staff that is hired. You are thrown into doctor offices, and treatment centers with no knowledge of the inner workings, and functions of the position. A lot of times you will be by yourself and have to have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Every three – more... weeks you are required to work six days in the week without collecting overtime. Their benefits are over priced and eat a large chunk out of every check. The insurance that you pay high premiums on does not cover much of the medical costs requiring you to pay high copays, you must do many programs to recieve a reduction in premiums (which is not by much). Some of the supervisors are wonderful, too bad the company is so horrible to their employees. – less
outpatient facility
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Cons: management, not enough of a raise.
very busy place from all the doctors offices around the area
Phlebotomy Externship
PHLEBOTOMY EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere and work shcedule.
Cons: pay
My review is based on my observations during a month long externship.
very productive
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, great people
Cons: short breaks
I really enjoy working for labcorp,it teaches you alot of things
We have snibbles for Birthdays each month...play games..
Administrative Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Graham, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits and plb -time off..
Cons: production. making mistakes as counted as an occurrence.
At work on each day I start off sorting through faxes. Each new morning there is something different that I may do. For example, we have 5 fax machines we have to keep filled up with paper. If one of the machines break down there is a repair man that has to be called to fix it. They usually let us know what the problem is so we will know what to look – more... for. If there is too much work coming off of the fax machines especially on a Monday-which is an extremely busy day, my supervisor and/or teamlead will help me out. I enjoy working with the people in my department. We all pull together as a team in many ways. I enjoy my job most days because I am highly energetic and I like being able to do different various things through the day. in closing, there is another co worker that I work with that helps out with sorting the faxes. What makes it difficult is when there is more work than both of us can do in a day. – less
Fast paced environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2014
Fast paced, never a dull moment. Typically full time, will perform venipunctures and butterflies. Over 100 patients per day. Co-workers are nice as long as you know what to do.
stable job
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
-We have to draw more than 100 patients daily, pack and deliver the samples to Tampa and restock and clean the stations .
- Management and coworkers are ok.
- The hardest part when a patient faints.
- The most enjoyable part is when people recognize and value your job.
Productive and Great Entry Level
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Elon, NCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great opportunities to advance in all entry levels
LabCorp is a great company to work for. Working there gives you great opportunities for entry level in various departments in the lab.
Productive and fun workplace to work
Administrative Team Leader (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 21, 2014
Good Company with good work ethics. Good Management with good supervision. Good, flexible hours and okay compensation.
Great Job
HealthCare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham,AlabamaAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: job lay offs in october.
I love my career at LabCorp, but unfortunately my department will have lay offs in the middle of October.
Productive and fast pace
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Sewell, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: help patients to get their blood accurate test results
Cons: i was only an extern
Great learning experience and everybody was very helpful.
I loved my job
Phlebotomist/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tucker,gaAugust 19, 2014
I learned to work as a team.n I love my supervisor. I love the variety of the hospital. I enjoyed labor and delivery along with the nicu.
Awesome Job!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Always looked forward to going to work to meet new people and to give patients that care that was needed. Also providing the ordering physician the results needed to take care of the patients.
Lab Assistant
Contract worker (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioAugust 18, 2014
This job was just a three month contract. I was just temporary help. A well established work environment I applied for the F/T position and hoped to be hired on due to the large volume of applicants only a few were hired on. I enjoyed my brief time there. I felt as if I was part of there family.
Fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 18, 2014
Blood drawing on all age groups, open and close off that I worked at. Drug screen , hair samples, process blood to be shipped out help in processing depatment sometimes processing blood, stool and doing paper work, Data entry,.
Phlebotomist (Clinical) Working under the supervision and with the guidance of qualified staff members to provide high quality and care to numerous pa
Phlebotomy Tecnician (Former Employee), Berlin, MDAugust 18, 2014
• Delivering care and comfort as delegated by qualified Phlebotomists and other staff.
• Delivering ethical and professional behavior according to protocol.
• Cleaning and tiding up examination rooms and Labs, while maintaining a sterile environment, clean instruments and checking equipment to be ready for further use.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), BeulavilleAugust 18, 2014
Pros: working in dr office
Cons: getting time off
Good company to work for. Work under contract. Work with many age groups.
The day would fly right on by
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2014
Pros: no one looking over our shoulders constantly and was able to manage our own work station
Cons: healthcare benefits. not enough positive reinforcement
Very busy outpatient draw site. Challenging yet a very pleasant work environment. Only 2 of us but we got things done, great team work. We took pride in getting to know our patients and gave them a sense of security when drawing there blood work. It must of showed because we became very close with most of them along with their family members.
Labcorp
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 15, 2014
Pros: team work and great supervisors.
Cons: slow pace and not as challenging as previous job.
20+ venipuncture draws per day. Independent site. Daily experience with pediatric, adult, internal medicine, and geriatric patients. Required to work with bio hazardous fluids. Collect blood, urine and culture specimens for use by clinicians for clinical analysis and/or diagnostic purposes. Data entry through Beacon and keep organizational log and spreadsheets – more... of all patient's information, and submission of specimens on a daily basis. – less

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more