LabCorp Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,551 reviews matching the search
learning my job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALMay 10, 2016
I was a new Phlebotomist and this company taught me everything I know about my current field and If the opportunity arose I would definitely work for them again.
Productive and excellent experience.
Medical assistant externship (Current Employee) –  Islip, NYMay 8, 2016
Assisting patients in venipuncture on adults, geriatrics, and pediatric patients. Ive learned to perform skills on infants as well as young children, in which wasn't my strong skill.
production campus, management not trying to solve problems
supervisor-special chemistry (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 3, 2016
Labcorp while being a great reference lab it has become a production factory with professionalism going down the drain. There is little chance for advancement and raises are nearly unheard of.
We are loosing good techs because of the moral and pay. No appreciation is shown for the hard work being done everyday by the tech The supervisors are given more and more to do with no more compensation or even thank you.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, no appreciation, salaried employees are expected to work upwards of 50 hours a week
Healthcare billing
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 2, 2016
Performs posting of patient information at the set production level.
• Works billing exceptions report in an electronic format by utilizing the system tools for resolution or phone calls to the customer for needed billing information and update accordingly.
• Identifies trends and ways to help prevent billing exceptions and notifies management.
• Trouble shoots routine front end healthcare billing issues.
• Researches, translates, and updates demographic data to ensure prompt payment from customers.
Pros
WEEKENDS OFF
Cons
PETTINESS
Love my job but my hours were cut to part time
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 29, 2016
I love my job as a Mobile Phlebotomist. I have a chance to make a difference in the lives of patients that are in Nursing Homes and or Assisted Living Facility.
I'm disappointed with Lab Corp due to the fact that they lost one of the accounts(medical group changed to Quest) that I covered and they didn't have another account to send me to, so they cut my hours down to a 20 hour part time position.
great
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 29, 2016
Great job. Easy to relocate. Pay based on experience. Good benefits. Would recommend anyone working for this company. They are a great employer.
wonderful place to make a career.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJApril 29, 2016
A good and safety place to work with a nice environment and detail guidance from managers, supervisors and team leads. Great company to keep growing and make of your profession a career.
great company, great management
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2016
great company, elite management. The area of sales is not overloading like some companies. I would recommend this to any new entry level sales person.
Pros
company car, 401k
Cons
no cons to lost
Former employee
Accessing (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAApril 25, 2016
Great supervisor horrible management. Short notices for major announcements such as changes in schedules which may interfere with family life for example it's mandatory to work one Saturday out the month which is 4 hours well 4 hours turned to 8 hours without breaks and they don't care. Micromanaging to the max. Once you are clocked in you are not to move from your desk for any reason at all not even to stretch. They are constantly bombarding you with specimens, it's like they are cracking you with a whip. If you were to speak with any employees there they will tell you they are not happy. So many people quit they are constantly hiring. I understand it's an entry level job but the employees are not inmates they need to be treated with dignity. Once again the supervisor was great, it was just management quickly bring the company down.
Pros
Leaving that job to have a piece of mind
Cons
Micromanaging
great company to work for.
Phlebotomist/ PST (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 25, 2016
My day starts off working independently in a Doctors' office running their lab by drawing blood, entering orders in computer and accession. I enjoy my job the hardest part of my job is new test entrance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
online courses for the company
Great Company, they do great things for the healthcare industry
Sr Project Manager Regional Clinical Trials (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 24, 2016
There are some of the best people you will meet at Labcorp, they all strive to take care of the patients they serve. Labcorp is working very hard to move technology into the Lab and pre-analytical process
Pros
Innovative thinking
Cons
Staffing shortfalls
It's A Good Entry Level Position
Patient Intake Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 24, 2016
Currently work at the front desk in the PSC. Management could be more attentive to the employees. Advance as much as possible.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Short staffed
It's not a job for everyone, but they do have excellent benefits.
A/R Specialist for Negative Cash Balances (Current Employee) –  McLeansville, NCApril 20, 2016
Currently a typical day at work is stressful - there for the need for a change.

The management in the department I work in is excellent. My co-workers are courteous and friendly. However, you are on production and conversations among co-workers are for your break and lunch times.

The hardest part of my job is the lack of being able to see and or speak with the public. It's difficult for me because it's just not me. I'm more customer service driven.

Most enjoyable part of this job was when I was released from training. I'm now in charge of making the decision regarding the credits on the accounts and knowing I'm making the right decisions for the company is a good feeling.
Pros
Excellent benefit package
Cons
Micro managed - A number not a name
Run
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCApril 20, 2016
Starting here years ago management made you feel excited to come to wrk. We had company perks such as JDRD, quarterly meetings that would allow you to get away from your building, etc. It has gone from being family friendly to we just don't care about you type of business. Honestly, I would not suggest this company especially if you're a new mother. They do not support breast feeding mother's the mother room is for compliance. They will hire outside before considering in house. Things constantly change even without giving it a chance to wrk. Raises are horrible there are people that have been here 5 years and still have not totaled a 1.00. This company makes millions daily just know your pay will not reflect on that.
Pros
Pros left awhile back
Cons
Use to have flexibility on start hours, you're watched like a hawk
Lab
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSApril 20, 2016
I worked as a phlebotomist in drawing blood samples from patients on a daily basis. This position called for you to be on call and you would get called out in the middle of the night to go and stick patients at different facilities.
Not the best place for advancement
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJApril 19, 2016
Short handed. Senior management aware, but hands are tied(?). Policies and procedures are not followed, short cuts abound. Each location, employee, middle management and customers do things differently. The company is reactive, not proactive (brush fires are put out constantly). Management delays to respond to employees concerns, or not at all. Employee reviews are bogus, and do not reflect a true evaluation, (annual…
Professional, fun, workplace
Externship Program Clinical (Current Employee) –  Glenn Dale, MDApril 19, 2016
Productive, friendly environment, speedy service, and fun workplace, even though I'm just an extern my co-workers at the Glenn Dale location are willing to teach me the skills needed in this field. They're there for support and correction so I learn the profession.
Pros
Professional Staff
Cons
Just wish CEO would consider giving returning citizens, serious about changing their lives, a chance at obtaining employment, within his/her company, some of us made not so wise choices, but are dedicated to change, work hard for his/her company, and out perform current employees who slack in their job duties
Great coworkers
Courier (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 18, 2016
I have been with Labcorp for over 7 years and tried several times to advance to a new position. I was given 2 interviews in the over 20 jobs I applied for within the company, none of which were beyond my capabilities. They are not good with helping people in their own companies to advance or make lateral moves.
Pros
use of a company vehicle
Excellent job security, pay package and benefits package!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 18, 2016
I was able to learn a great deal while employed with LabCorp. They have a wonderful culture. I feel that management is compassionate and will stand behind you.
Pros
Benefit packages and advancement potential.
Cons
early start times
great benefits
Revenue Cycle Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 17, 2016
time and attendance is amazing and works for families, open door policy that encourages communication between employees and management