LabCorp
1,037 reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

well below average; management and supervision in denial on eveything
HEALTHCARE BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: if you know the work, you will be self motivated; o/t readily available-
Cons: immature, circus environment, completely unprofessional-DENIAL
An extremely poor and dysfunctional place to work-a typical day includes no teaching of the work in the billing department in Greensboro, NC--supervisor/management in denial on all aspects of the dysfunction of the department--supervisor acts as a security guard(including a snitch, baby sitter), messenger service, and cheer leader-----which has nothing to do with answering questions or learning the work.Co workers are pretty good for the most part, although many realize they can get around responsibility, since management is inept( to say the least). Hardest part of the job is staying motivated, knowing it's a dead end street unless you are in the INNER CIRCLE(meaning a promotion/raise is a distinctive possibility).Need to stay motivated some how- some way--almost dreaming along or self motivated---another problem is that management does not recognize quality work or talent--pay increases are a joke and insulting, especially for those who DO PERFORM CORRECTLY--management/supervision lies about everything to protect their agenda---which is DENIAL and they look at department as following orders from a BEHAVIORAL stand--which has nothing to do with learning.---
Horrible
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJJune 22, 2015
The job isn't bad or hard at all, it's actually fairly simple. The manager on the other hand, well lets just say the so called 'meetings' were ridiculous and we were called fecal matter.
labcorp
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), seatteJune 21, 2015
Pros: good safe work place
Cons: to far from my home
very good place to work safe friendly people very good at keeping everyone happy.we trained team orkers getting the job done
Great place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 20, 2015
Pros: Accrual of vacation time.
Cons: Lack of work to keep me busy.
I usually arrived at work and began reviewing files with dna results to make sure they were complete and ready for the physician to check and send results out. When our daily work came in, I checked folders, taking out the ones that needed further info, and scanned them into open records so their location would be in the computer system. I scanned in buccal envelopes, pulled the folders they belonged in, and stapled them into folders. My co-workers were alright. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay busy when we didn't have enough work. We lost a large account which cut down on our work load. We often went to our Gibsonville warehouse to shift folders. I never minded this, because I prefer to stay busy.
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Assistant Temp for Spectra force (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2015
check specimens and put through processing. Feel Chain of Custody Forms out. Take the specimens down to extractions and deal with dynamics and other specimens work test for the different drugs. Communicate with coworkers to complete assigned tasks. The hardest part of the job was the most enjoyable. Working to exacting standard set forth by the company.
Senior Marketing Executive
Senior Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Stable
Cons: Slow when getting things done
Overall I really enjoyed working with LabCorp. Meeting the physicians forming relationships.
The people at LabCorp were awesome.
Managers would do the best they could to get you what was needed.
Co-workers working togther
Phlebotomist/Processor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston,TxJune 18, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Supervisors
Pleasant, How to deal with different personalities, Fun to work with but job oriented, Patients with difficult veins, co-workers.
Well maintained a great place to work. Staff was very easy to work with
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 18, 2015
LabCorp was the dream externship. I was taught well and the staff was very knowledgeable and receptive. Hand on training was very beneficial. The office was well maintained and met all standards for
universal cautions.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: The day flew by
Cons: Not a ton of pediatrics
Arrive to a line of patients waiting. Build trust and minimize patient discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while efficiently collecting blood specimens. Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture. Follow infection-control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions. Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood, and safely store and transport samples
Productive and fun place to work. great director
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: busy all the time
Cons: na
Supervise a staff of 30 Phlebotomists; provide supervisory support to other departments within the Laboratory as needed
 Experienced with conducting venipunctures for a variety of patients; Pediatrics, Geriatrics, those considered as challenging due to collapsing veins or patients where veins are difficult to find
 Attended to patients with a friendly, caring bedside manner and respect
 Maintain key Laboratory reporting data current to include: Kronos timekeeping, employee files, Performance Improvement plans, etc.
 Responsible for ordering and maintaining appropriate inventory
 Employee scheduling, vacation planning and approval, FMLA requests; ensuring staff adequate at all times to ensure timely and efficient specimen collection and processing
 Recommend employee promotions, demotions, hiring and terminations
 Prepare and administer verbal and written warnings as well as all performance evaluations
 Greet and register patients in a friendly, caring manner as needed
Fun and exciting place to work at
Phlebotomist Intern (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 16, 2015
Cons: Hard to get someone to call back for an interview
It was super awesome. I lived down the street from where I worked so that was awesome. I performed venipuncture and aloqouts as well as performed great customer service skills.
Externship
Externship (Former Employee), bridgeton, njJune 16, 2015
Working for labcorp was an externship it was fun i met some great employees who showed me tricks and helpped me learn more then what i would have ever learned in a classroom, and i am very thankful for all the employees at my externship for teaching me everything that i know.
A learning experience
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 15, 2015
During my time at Labcorp I was learning the different concepts of medical billing and posting payments to the different accounts.
Labcorp
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Houston ,TexasJune 14, 2015
Very productive and fun place to work lot's of patients and work to do makes the day go by quickly. The patient flow is 280 patients or more a day so after taking your lunch break the day speeds by.
Great for directly out of college
Cytogenetic Technologist (Current Employee), Durham, NCJune 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Below-average compensation
LabCorp is a great first job for individuals who have just graduated college. They offer decent (if below-average) salaries and flexible schedules, and will take you on if you are fresh-faced and not certified. They do encourage working toward certification, and will reimburse you for a successful exam. Job security is good because of the high turnover rate, which itself is caused by the less-than-stellar compensation. Benefits are actually great, though, since the high pool of employees means lower insurance premiums.
Lots of service oriented work
Key Account Executive (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJune 14, 2015
Pros: Respect from physicians
Cons: Logistics
Position was heavily service oriented because of the lack of structure within the logistics department. Besides that, it was a decent company to work for.
Good introductory job, not good for advancement or long term goals
Senior DNA Technologist (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJune 13, 2015
Pros: Friendly coworkers and easy jobs
Cons: Rude/disinterested management and lack of advancement opportunities
Going into my experience with LabCorp, I was excited about using my college degree productively in upholding high excellence in laboratory standards. Unfortunately, the work ethic is surpassingly poor at both the technical and management level, leading to workplace apathy and lack of interest as it has been made perfectly clear that workers are not appreciated in both monetary compensation or workplace behavior.
Labcorp
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Florence, SCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Insurance
Cons: pay
The pay is not so great but it is a nice place to work, management is ok and there is really no room for advancement. I enjoyed the company but wish that the management team was better.
Productive and fun company
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, Great people, Growing opportunities.
Cons: Healthcare
I got to learn new things, experience the variety of branches within the company and all the other companies that I was assigned to work with. A typical day was the thrill of a new day with the new company and what would I be able to accomplish that day. Management really showed they cared about their employees. The hardest part of the job was letting go when the time came. I enjoyed every aspect and part of my job with Power Staffing because it gave the opportunity to grow.
Professional Workplace
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 12, 2015
Phlebotomy externship. There were three full time employees who all acted in a professional manner. They were helpful and positive. I learned how to deal with difficult/hard sticks and what to do when someone is feeling faint or near passing out. Everyone was more than willing to help each other and do what needed to be done to get the patients in and out without having to wait a long time. I received numerous positive comments on comment cards from patients. The job was fun and the hours were excellent. I worked for 105 hours during my externship. They did offer me a position as a phlebotomist, however there were no openings in my area.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries