LabCorp

1.1K reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Specimen Accesioner (Former Employee), Smyrna, GAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: Short breaks, bad management
Long hours, bad management, great coworkers. They do not let you advance and the management did not care about the workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the extra rules after they hire you.
finding and good fit with employees in a psc
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 10, 2015
productivity and atmosphere is friendly need more teamwork but overall it been a good experience. When working in a patient service center there need to be balance and everyone must be crossed trained,in order to keep the flow of a rapidly changing pace.
Okay place to work
Pricing Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2015
Good people to work with but can be required to do more than is humanly possible. Management is not always good. Most managers receive their position by who they know not necessarily experience.
Fast Pace office
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Loris South CarolinaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great co workers, friendly and loving patients
Cons: hard to get time off
Love working in a fast pace office, and helping my patients all my patient are loving and caring people and are easy to get along with. My co-workers are awesome people.
change of management
Microbiology Data Entry (Former Employee), Hackettstown, NJAugust 8, 2015
the most enjoyable place to work until the change hand and management all the co-workers at a team
nothing more to stay about it
great place
Externship (Former Employee), greenbelt marylandAugust 7, 2015
Pros: i love the site everything about it
Cons: didnt have a certification so i couldnt stay
i was an extern at labcorp in greenbelt maryland
it was a great experience dealing with customers and drawing blood
i had a great manager and team this was this best thing i did in my life a really enjoy drawing blood and processing specimens and helping scared patients feel as ease about the procedure
Float Phlebotomy Technician
Float Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Raritan, NJAugust 7, 2015
I've been with Labcorp since 06/14 and I really like being part of this company. I'm a Floater so I get to meet different people and go to different offices. It can get hectic at times , but I love the challenge.
Great at first!
Customer Service Courier (Former Employee), Herndon, VAAugust 7, 2015
I loved my job but the management there was confrontational. The work was great if the supervisor liked you. If not she shortened your hours and created an uncomfortable work environment. My father has been working there for 36 years and doesn't dislike anyone. This supervisor rubbed him the wrong way just like most of the employees.
labcorp
Assist Pathologist (Former Employee), n/aAugust 6, 2015
Labcorp was a great place to work, flexible hours, great management, great coworkers. I've learned alot in the medical field over the past 15 years of being employed by this company.
Loved working for LabCorp
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), Englewood, COAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Happy with pay. Got a lot of over time.
Cons: Hard to stay awake on the graveyard shift some days.
Processed specimen in a lab environment. Enjoyed listening to music while I worked. Enjoyed coworkers and management.
Productive work place
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 2, 2015
Very good work environment to learn something new everyday. Help solve patient problems with there order and help them have a better experience
Productive just productive.
Phlebotomist/Receptionist/Lab Technician (Former Employee), Ivyland, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: you receive a raise every year.
Cons: Lunch should be longer.
I was with the company for 7yrs,a typical day for me was, I would get to work a half an hour early every day. Set up all stations turn on computer LCM.Then wait for our customers too arrive. Being with Labcorp you Iearned a lot of needed material such as customer service/ registration/ venipuncture draw and also processing labs.Management on a scale 1 to 10,I'll rate them 7,that would be a good score.
The hardest part of the day is not knowing who would be working in the site with me,It was a lot of float co-workers in that site which would mean more work for me. The enjoyable part was the customers and listing to the gratitude in their voice, and giving that helping hand. that is what made my job awesome.
Can be a ok job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Waldorf, MDJuly 31, 2015
Depending on the position this company can be ok. Just make sure document, document, and document. Follow chain of command and make sure you have a supervisor who knows their job. Be as professional as you can with every aspect.
decent pay, decent hours
patient billing specialist (Current Employee), McLeansville, NCJuly 30, 2015
Cons: management, have to work a year before going anywhere else
Lots of Information to take in. Most things you train for, you barely use. Then some things you don't even train for you have to get help from someone else. Hours are decent. Pay is decent. You are pretty much busy all day with back to back calls.
Just another corporate succubus
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2015
The best thing I could say about working here, is the coworkers and all the great people I worked with, I made some lifetime friendships. The company sucks, however. Don't work here.
Great Company
Accounts Administrator II (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Company Car
Cons: No set time frame
very great company filled with amazing people that made going to work fun and easy going. They are a great people in most locations
Decent place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NC 27407July 27, 2015
Pros: Vacation
Cons: Insurance could be better
My job is production based. Vacation earned is a plus. Insurance could be better. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of job is keeping up with the numerous changes that take place almost daily
Company is very productive at all hours of the day which makes for a high stress environment.
Histotechnician (Current Employee), Burlington,NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: 15 minute grace period prior to start of work and leave of work.
Cons: work long hours, limited resources at your disposal
A typical day on the job is very fast paced, tasks need to be completed in a timely manner, and long hours every week are required.
Work assignment at a doctors office.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Triangle GastroenterologyJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Every thing is good. No complaints
Cons: N/A
Take walk-ins and Pts. with office visits. I collect, process, document, using All-scripts, Beacon, Dianon. Management and co-workers are great to work for. Nothing is hard.The enjoyable part is the job it's self and the Pts. and staff. I've learned diagnosis codes.
It was a great place to work but my hours were extremely long.
Courier (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 27, 2015
Cons: 12 hour days
I loved my job and clients. I was there for 8 1/2 years. I did not have a set schedule and never knew what time I would be getting off work. I clocked in at 4:30 pm and never knew what time I would get off. Sometimes it would be 4:30 am the next morning and I had to be back that afternoon. The best part was seeing my clients each day and the friends I made.
Headquarters