LabCorp

1.2K reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,230 reviews matching the search
This is the worst place I have ever worked.
PATIENT SERVICE CENTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 11, 2016
LabCorp is all about making money. The management cares little for the employees. Employees are stressed by overwork and poor staffing.
Quality is unknown.
Pros
Cons
fellow employees are often absent or incompetamt
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 11, 2016
Working at labcorp was a great starting point in my career as a lab tech as it provide me my first experience in the laboratory field.
Labcorp
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJanuary 9, 2016
Job is very busy each and every day, coworkers makes the job easier with a lot of team work. love working with different people and getting to know them while servicing them,
labcorp is a stepping stone.
account admin (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 7, 2016
This is a place to work and will give you the motivation to better your life. Its not a place to stay forever but a challenging environment.

Not a place where you can move up.
A job
Molecular Tech (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJJanuary 6, 2016
A job for a new graduate to gain experience. The overtime and flexibility is a positive. Low pay for new employees is a negative.
Fun place to work with good people
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 6, 2016
Fun environment with good people, management is under a lot of pressure to produce and makes it hard on the employees. Overall it's a good company.
Scary place
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Very busy work place, which is good. Not everyone does their job and they expect you to do it for them. Management is very non focused and aware of what goes on and if you try to tell them they do not enjoy. When you are critiqued or told to do something they expect to hear "ok" all they time.
Nice place to work, you are providing service to patients
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Managing the staff is nice. I have to manage the work flow of 5 offices & I have 35 employees that I over see. I have a very good staff. I have learned that managing can be trying because of all the different personalities. But in the end it is gratifying.
Pros
Knowing that you are helping & possibly saving some ones life
Out of business
Accessioning (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
The co-workers were helpful. Great team players. This was a place where co-workers were willing to pitch in and help each other out.
ok
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYDecember 29, 2015
Inpatient and Outpatient Phlebotomist that performed multiple needle sticks and draws daily. Had high volume of patient interaction as well
Pros
lots of experience
Cons
didn't pay enough
1 person work station and never send help
Phlebotomist/Receptionist/Processor/Lab asst./DOT (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 29, 2015
I worked at a one man PSC and the supervisor would never answer her phone or send me help, when across the street she had three girls at one PSC doing nothing but socializing. I seen 20 to 30 people a day and had to process every patients sample before I left with no help. I know that I did my job very well patients would always tell me how great of a job I was doing.
Pros
Okay pay
Cons
Benifits
Productive and Helpful Scheduling while Finishing my Bachelors in Science
Phlebotomy Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 28, 2015
I work mainly independently and unsupervised. My mornings start at 330am and I work with a wide varity of people throughout the morning. Management is very supportive as well as coworkers in any situation. I have learned to properlydeal with unhappy and extatic patients from infants to the elderly.
Pros
unsupervised, made me a better phlebotomist.
Cons
no advancements with my current degree in my region, unable to work more than 29 hours a week in my current position.
Must be mentally and physically tough
courier (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 28, 2015
Lab corp is a good company they giv you a company car that you can drive personally opportunity for growth and advancement being a courier is no walk in the park you have to have a certain mindset to do this job , being able to strategize, deal with traffic oncoming calls from the dispatcher, delivering supplies. Some couriers have easy routes ,some have harder, some have more supplies others have to drive more so it all depends on your route. My trainer was awesome she really looked out and my boss isn't bad either very understanding and professional. Some places have crazies in positions of authority cant blame the company for individual egos. Pay is okay better than minimum wage plus if you wrk nights you get a lil more. My shift is from 12:00 to 8:30pm weekends off. Requesting time off can be a stinker at my place no more than 3 couriers can tk off a day so if the board is stacked your out of luck so u have to put time in quick but this company does provide you with alot of time. Overall I'd say its a great position and place to work if your tough. If not you will lose it.
Pros
company car, professional
Cons
none to serious
Very good place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDDecember 22, 2015
Very good place to work.
Very good days when everyone works together
Team work makes dream work as the employees there would say.
Fast apced work enviroment and upbeat co-workers
Phlebotomist 100 hour Internship (Former Employee) –  Township of Ocean, NJDecember 22, 2015
LabCorp had provided me with experience while I completed my 100 hour internship. I completed over 500 successful draws within this time. I properly labeled and processed specimens during this time. I was able to draw from patients that varied in age from 2 years old all the way to 90 years old. I was given the opportunity to develop a trusting and comforting environment for my patients with anxiety and nerves about getting drawn. I enjoyed making people laugh and incorporate my sense of humor into the work place. The hardest part emotionally was performing venipuncture on infants and toddlers.
Pros
Perfect schedule 7am-3pm no holidays
Cons
----------------------------
love my assignment
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 21, 2015
They don't appreciate their staff. That's why its a revolving door. Will do anything to please client even if its technically and morally wrong.
Pros
co workers and facility staff pleasant to work with
Cons
benefits, raises, breaks
Fun and fast paced place to work!
PST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 18, 2015
Fantastic company to work for with great benefits! The big bonus is the people you work with. Friendly and hardworking people who are always willing to help.
Company as a whole is a great, but the Southeast Region is run like a Gestopo.
labtech (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 17, 2015
As Cytotechnologist, I have worked with several LabCorp cytology departments. All EXCEPT the Southeast Region is a great place to work. The management in this region manages thru intimidation.
The human resource dept backs management all the way so there is not much you can do.
Pros
The people you work with are good to work with.
Cons
High Production is valued above quality by management.
Dependable company; happy with coworkers, amazing boss
Data Entry/Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2015
Typical day consisted of constant change, could not get bored. My boss was a real team player and tried to instill that type of teamwork in each day. Co-workers were all hard working and dependable people; made for every day was a new challenge.
Corporate Giant
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  McLeansville, NCDecember 12, 2015
Good place, steady work, but office politics are challenging. Too many people come in for a pay check, but don't really want to work. Some upper management do not stand behind their employees.