LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,872 reviews matching the search
best workplace for hardworking Med Techs
Hematology Supervisor and Lab Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 20, 2016
If you haven't worked in a Reference Lab, then probably you're missing a lot in your Medical Technology Career experience.
Labcorp is the largest private reference lab in the whole world with locations across the USA as well as many countries across the globe.
Pros
company benefits including shares
Cons
lots of work
Don't expect training or help
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILNovember 20, 2016
Work with no breaks. Sometime left by yourself to handle 60 plus patients a day. Mileage compensation between two places is bassed on google maps, and if they say it only takes 45 min that is what you are aloud, even though it takes you 2 hrs.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Work every Saturday, long hours and don't ever get sick or make a mistake.
Great Place To Work Overall
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 4, 2017
Managers and co-workers are very likable. Pay and benefits were great. As with any place in this day and age, job security is uncertain. Position was eliminated in order to streamline work to division headquarters.
Pros
enjoyable work, great pay, benefits and likable staff
Cons
job security is uncertain
Clean environment
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2017
As an 3rd shift employee, work was very steady. Few employees in lab. Supervisor was not reliable and made friends with employees and could not separate friendship from employees.When it come to raises and evaluation your pay was far below working high standards.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No room for growth
Fun Place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 9, 2016
I found that working for Lab-Corp gave me the opportunity to see what being a phlebotomist is really like. I learned a lot and and saw a lot. It even gave me the opportunity to sharpen up my skills even further because you get may patients who are hard sticks. I loved it!
Pros
Good benefits, nice people overall, and great patients!
Cons
Like anywhere there are always some employees who will spoil it for you
Changes need to made
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 3, 2017
Management needs lots of training. They care more about there client accounts. Most of the time you feel like just a number. Quick to fire off of heresay. Your always blindsided about new chages. Some supervisor are very rude and demanding.
Pros
benifits
Cons
The care for the employees
poor
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 10, 2017
No believable, underminding,cut throat, not knowing what to expect from people in positions that do not know the job, or what it take to be a good supervisor. The best part of my job was the patients.
Pros
nothning free no bonus, no raises
Cons
short staffed all the time
productive and some perks
Health billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Its a good place to work however the pay is not enough to maintain a comfortable lifestyle. Its hard to move up in the company. There are good benefits that are offered such as insurance, paid holidays, gym , discounts , raises each year, etc
No leadership, company does NOT care for their employees
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 11, 2016
The company does not encourage team work or leadership. All the staff who has worked here for 10+ years are bullies and if you report them the supervisors get mad at you and stay finding reasons to write you up. They constantly understaff the patient service centers and force you to work overtime and when the patients complain about long wait times WE get written up. So Lab Corp sets you up for failure then when you fail you get in trouble. The benefits are not worth the bad leadership, bad training (all the senior staff do whatever they want then bully you for doing things how you were trained), bad supervisors (bad leadership and treatment), patients verbally abusing you constantly because Lab Corp does NOT provide what we need in order to succeed. And they don't care if you succeed. All they care about is over working you, making patients wait, and making money.
Pros
Somewhat feeling like you make a difference with SOME patients
Cons
Productive fun place to work with great leadership team
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYJuly 12, 2016
This is a nice Customer Service position, that allows you gain knowledge of the health industry. There is plenty of room to grown within this field. Management is hands on, and has an open door policy. Co workers are friendly, but not intrusive.
The hardest part of the day, could be dealing with irate Doctors who are very demanding. The most enjoyable part of the job, is recognizing the ability to help out a patient in need, and assuring them that their requests are handled expediently, and in a timely manner. Hearing their 'smile' in their voices when they are satisfied.
Pros
GREAT MEDICAL BENEFITS, PROFIT SHARING
Cons
SHORT BREAKS, REPETITIVE WORK FUNCTIONS
good benefits
Medical Assistant/Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2016
weak communication between employees and management. Shipments were late and we had a certain time to hand them over to the right dept. It was a midnight position. I was never moved to learn different positions. now I am ready to get back to Medical Assistant in order to help and be a positive asset to the job and the patients. I miss the people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
weak communication
great benefits
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 30, 2016
The health benefits of working at Labcorp are great. Plus, I am able to accumulate 3 hrs of paid time off per week, which adds up quickly.
A typical day at work can be strenuous, but it is always great to deal with challenges; it is what allows me to feel good at the end of the day for a job well done.
benefits
Cons
weekend work
okay company to work for
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Not much room for advancement. Stable job, rarely lays off.
I wouldn't work here if I didn't have to.
Nothing more to say about this company but this stupid thing is asking for me so I'm typing BS
Pros
health benefits
Cons
wages
Good Company
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 11, 2016
LabCorp is a good company to work for, they provide great benefits and decent pay.Management can be great or horrible depending on where you are in the country. I have amazing co-workers that have a tremendous amount of knowledge and share it with the rest of us newbies. There is no typical day at work as a supervisor, it varies day to day which makes time go by quickly. It is never predictable. The best part of the job is the flexibility, because of that you can have a work/life balance if you choose to. There are days when I have worked 13+ hours, but others when I have worked 5. Overall a good company to work for, especially if you are a middle aged man wanting to move up rapidly within a company.
Pros
coworker support
Cons
not keeping up with cost of living adjustments needed
They provide transfer opportunites within the company
In Office Phlebotomist (IOP) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Typical day at work is often face paced.
You get to meet new people
You are responsible for each and every specimen that goes out to the main lab.
Pros
Annual Raises and Appraisals
Excellent Company, pay and benefits!
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2016
My job at LabCorp is an ideal job. You are on your own at these sites. You get to work at your own pace no Micro management involved. I have a excellent management and sales team plus great co-workers. The benefits are wonderful. The best part about my job is working and helping patients get to feeling better with diagnostic testing. Also, working closely with the medical and clinical staff being the doctors key to diagnose and treat based off our skills to draw and process laboratory specimens.
Pros
Free lunch, In office, Great benefits
Cons
More floats need for site coverage
Toxicology Department
Forensic Extractions Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Work in Forensic Extractions. Easy entry level job. Gets you into the field of forensics. Great company benefits. Health insurance is a bit pricey. Good base pay as well for someone fresh out of school with no experience. Also offer shift differentials as well.
Not great just ok.
Flow Cytometry Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2017
After being promoted. It took them 8 months to pay me with the right salary. Management has favoritism. Unfairly treatment and very unprofessional towards new graduates who were employed.
Overall employees are treated in a manner that is somewhat degrading and demeaning in certain regions.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 16, 2016
Salary is competitive.
Administration needs to be revamped.
Employees are not respected.
Cut throat atmosphere in my particular region.
Pros
Salary.
Cons
Lack of care or concern for employeees.
Great benefits
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 10, 2017
Company has good benefits. No weekend work.
That's about it as far as Labcorp. Overall very decent company. Must be accurate and pay attention
Pros
Company car
Cons
Not very good raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.

70%