LabCorp

LabCorp Employer Reviews

Specimen Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: full gym on site
Consistent heavy work flow, great team collaboration; repetitive daily work
not a good place to work
Phlebotomist/Technician LabCorp (Former Employee), Monroe, NYJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: helping people
Cons: too many to list
The company is very demanding but understaffed an under paid. The job its is stressful enough by its self. But even harder when the company isn't helping.
Pizza
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Making pizza inputting inventory making schedules meeting new people making sure that they like their product
my day at work
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee), Rowlett, TxJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: working with a great person thats drama free!!!
Cons: too busy for breaks
A typical day at my old job included coming in greeting patients, entering orders, drawing by venipuncture, processing, ordering supplies, faxing standing order requests, biometric screenings, urine drug screens, inventory, and stocking
Good Career Field
Non Technical Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: the people
Laboratory Corporation of America was challenging with a lot of very hard working people. The days were very demanding of putting in a lot of over time. The Managers and Supervisors are outstanding.
Fast Paced & busy diagnostic testing facility
Patient Service Tech/Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: over time is always available
Cons: may require you to travel to northern virginia
Prepared patients for collection procedures associated with laboratory samples
Collected routine skin puncture & venous specimens for testing as required
Prepare specimens for transport to ensure stability of sample and quality test results
Maintained patient confidentiality
Performed quality assurance checks while carrying out clerical & technical duties
Transported specimens to the laboratory
Complied with procedures instituted in the company procedure manual
Promoted good public relations with patients & clients & coworkers
Managed other phlebotomist that work at the PSC
Provided training for new employees
Assisted in collecting and documenting monthly workload & recording data
Collected and perform Point Of Care Testing
Performed quality control checks on POCT instruments
Process specimens & perform basic laboratory testing
Collected urine & urine drug screen specimens
Performed administrative / clerical duties
Performed other assigned duties
Fun Workplace
Lab Technician (Former Employee), IndianapolisJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working with patients
Cons: excessive travel
Busy environment, nice coworkers, most enjoyable experience is working with patients.
Great Job
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 2, 2015
This is a great company to work for. The employees are helpful at all times. This is an place where you can advance
This company is a big club for exclusive members
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: coworkers, patients
Cons: management
Loved my coworkers however management here is fraudulent. The job itself is wonderful however the company is awful.
Unorganized
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: work enviornment unorganized
Poor management ,very unorganized company ,excellent salary
Productive and fun workplace.
Accession Processor (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: do over time when you can.
Cons: clock in and out of your breas.
Good training.
Fast pace doing your work.
This company let you learn various sections of the process of specimens and departments.
Great company
Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2014
I had a pretty positive experience with this company. I love the people I worked with and what I did. My only problem was the pay. I was a transfer from a different city and I was not given a pay raise. They actually started me out lower than a new hire would have made in my position. That is why I left.
Rapidly growing company in the healthcare industry
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 31, 2014
Focused on quality service and growth in the industry. One of the best reference laboratories. Offers competitive benefits and salaries.
lab corporation that is customer interaction and healthcare
Lead Coordinator (Current Employee), berwyn,paDecember 29, 2014
Daily agenda:
Greeting patients with care and verifying insurance, demographics, and lab work information. Following safety protocol to venipuncture or other lab works. Handling, labelling, and processing all specimens in a proper procedures followed by all employees. Answering and assisting other employees with information. Guiding other employees with directions for protocol on specific lab work and training healthcare computer system codes.
fun workplace
Phlebotomist Lead (Former Employee), Palmdale, CADecember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviroment
Cons: little or no breaks, and long hours
80 to 120 draws per shift. out patient laboratory. Specimen shipment, aliquot, develop, and input data on all specimens. Lead others with procedures and protocol .Travel to different sites, closing patient service centers every shift. Made sure that all specimens were accounted for. Time management forms and supply ordering etc..
Great company to work for
specimen accessioner (Current Employee), north carolinaDecember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, vacation days, benefits
Cons: advancement is difficult and slow
Okay, I know that title makes me sound like an HR guy just trying to boost it up but nope! This is a great company, seriously. Out of the 50+ jobs I had applied for, LabCorp is one of only 3 interviews I scored and the only offer I got. I gladly accepted; I had been trying to get into an entry level position in a laboratory for some time. I have no collegiate degrees, only a HS diploma but I close to my degree. My only relevant experience is none. All jobs before this were fast food...

So it is a nice change. As a specimen accessioner, the job is extremely repetitive. Be prepared for that..it's literally the very same thing 8 hours a day: set up station (with name/date stamps, pens, box cutter, scanner, printer, aliquot tray, etc). Receive bin of 47 urine specimens. Cut open bag, sign/stamp/date the form, scan the barcodes, put new barcode stickers on urine bottles and test tube, pour urine from primary bottle into test tube, put tube in aliquot tray, put the bottles in a box and repeat. Until you process roughly 400-500 specimens per day. It wears on your back pretty quick when you first start, your neck too (sitting at station looking at computer), and popping the little tabs to open the bottles tears up your thumb pretty quick. Once you get past that it;s EXTREMELY mindless and easy; just go through the motions and do the work while listening to your music.

I learned a lot of laboratory procedures and about stuff like ergonomics, GC-MS, OSHA, EHS, GLP, GMP, etc.

Management was fine. The supervisor was strict but fair. Team leaders were exceptionally awesome..even helped – more... me out with gas money until my first check since they knew I had just moved there for the job.

Co-workers were varied GREATLY. There were about 25 of us accessioners in the lab. Had super religious christians who were more like big innocent children, had people who had lived in the HOOD and dealt with a lot of nonsense from the city, had gays and lesbians, devout Muslims, an orthodox Jew, plenty of nerds, and plenty of bar hoppers/club goers.

There is no hardest part of this job. It is exceedingly easy.

Most enjoyable is simply being able to sit back enjoy my music and do the work. I see the work pile up next to me and know what I have to do to get done for the day; I can see my pile of work grow smaller and smaller, and this is enjoyable forme (relatively speaking)

Also, time off is easy. It's all online. You accrue 2.77 hours of Paid Leave per week (it adds up quickly) and request your time off through LabCorp's intranet. A few paid holidays, including 4th of july, new years day and labor day. – less
LabCorp
Lab Assistant, Acting Team Leader (Former Employee), Raritan, NJDecember 23, 2014
A job that deal with patient specimen from doctor office or hospital. I learn a lot this is my career I love medical field. Management is satisfaction. The co-worker are satisfaction because I mind my own business in a class by myself. There is no hard part of a job because I like to work I caught on very quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job it long is I have something to do. I do not like to be bored.
Working at Labcorp was very nice.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Dublin, OHDecember 20, 2014
First 3 1/2 hours we would bill from a patients data sheet.

We would then research when a bill would not go through.

We go to different parts of the computer and try to find the
missing information.

If we were unable to find information, we then would call the
account or doctor office and get the information from them.
Love my job anyone can lose their job, there no room for errors.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), New Castle, DEDecember 19, 2014
Pros: its a job which i love. brand new management from top to bottom.
Cons: waiting to see if there is a different way they run business.
Not hard work can be very busy. Advancement is very slow.
Company brags that you can relocate in other states when you move, but that's not true, Seen Management ambush employees so they can block movement or writes them up which holds you for a year so you miss movement or quit anyway. Bad practice very disappointing.
Great Job
Manager of Home Health (Current Employee), Elmhurst, ILDecember 17, 2014
Great Company to work for plenty of room for growth and knowledge expansion in Clinical Laboratories

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Photos