LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,868 reviews matching the search
Lack of real leadership and no focus on leadership development.
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 29, 2017
The company itself is not bad, but the lack of real leadership is obvious and leaves much to be desired. There's no room for advancement which makes it feel like a dead end career.
Pros
schedule
Cons
dead end job, leadership is horrible, raises are unfair
Productive environment
Revenue Cycle Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Productive environment. Labcorp is a diverse company that offers medical benefits, paid time off, and continuous training. High volume environment to work in.
Without the patients there would be No PST
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 27, 2017
Been with the company for 14 year, so I must be Happy. I don't have anything bad to say about company. Like any company you must stay focus and follow instructions.
Pros
Hour Lunches, Growth in company
Cons
Cheaper health insurance
Great opportunity
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 27, 2017
Working at LabCorp taught me how to deal with stress. Since it was the first job where I had to wear many hats. From receptionist, phlebotomist, dna tester to performing drug testing. Many times you would be at a Patient Service center alone or with one other worker at high volume Patient Service Center. I found myself liking the challenge.
Love the people that I work with That's very stressful job
Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 27, 2017
That's very stressful job
The work wasn't hard but trying to make production every day was hard not been able to leave when your shift is sober what's unfair come in at seven and sometimes didn't leave until 730 or eight
Pros
The pay was very good
Cons
Not being able to leave when your shift is over
Okay place to work
Billing/Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  GreensboroJanuary 27, 2017
Advancement is far and few but its a good environment to meet new people, learn new concepts and skills, and develop business relationships for the future,
Good Place to grow
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 27, 2017
Labcorp is a wonderful place to work. I have been her for going on 18 years. Enjoyed my time and have met many wonderful people. I will continue to work her until life's direction points me else well.
great place to learn!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to learn new skills, really nice managment and staff treat you like family there. Loved working for the company. Getting time off was rough sometimes but they tried to wrok with everyone.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
time off
not a positive work environment
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
There is not much chance for advancement. There is not enough locations. The management is not involved with employees and there is not much job security.
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
not much chance for advancement
A very busy enviroment must be energetic and open minded
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
A very busy enviroment with an abundance of work, and knowledge of drug testing. I have learned many new sides to a lab facility and the energy needed to function successfully. Supervisor are very knowledgable of many subjects about there positions and areas, and very understanding if needed with family emergencies. Many different backgrounds in the lab and cultures in workplace that I was part of and enjoyed learning about their ethnic cultures when participating in parties and going away parties. I think the hardest part about my job was time management because it was such a small lab that everyone had their jobs but had to fill in at other positions when attendance was low.
Pros
all lab work was covered by the company
Cons
vacation time would cut out your overtime

Want to know more about LabCorp?

Ask a question
Willing to train out of school
Swedish Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2017
LabCorp is a wonderful place to work. They are willing to train staff further to create a better working team, I would highly recommend working here.
Very large company, 40,000+ employees.
Associate Vice President / Logistics Director (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJanuary 24, 2017
Visionary company in the very evolving healthcare environment. The work can be extremely rewarding and opportunity for advancement does exist. Competitive pay for a job that requires dedication and drive, Great people to work with at all levels of management.
Pros
Great benefits, opportunity for personal growth and advancement.
Cons
Job security can be questionable.
High volume, clinical testing lab
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 24, 2017
LabCorp is a very good company to work for. I genuinely enjoyed working there. There is room for advancement if you work for it. LabCorp is a high volume testing lab, so it can be intense at times.
Pros
Convenient locations
Cons
Salary not very competitive
Toxicology Department
Forensic Extractions Technologist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Work in Forensic Extractions. Easy entry level job. Gets you into the field of forensics. Great company benefits. Health insurance is a bit pricey. Good base pay as well for someone fresh out of school with no experience. Also offer shift differentials as well.
Labcorp was a fun place to work. you met verynice people, and worked woth Doctors.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 22, 2017
Labcorp was one of my favorite jobs. I enjoyed meeting new people everyday, as well as, creating strong friendships with those I worked with often. Employees were very helpful, and were there if you needed them.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard to get time off
Laid back atmosphere
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Typical day at work- You're pretty much on your own here, you come in, set up all the applications and guides you'll need for the day and begin working and stopping in between for breaks.

I've learned a lot about insurance and billing, HIPAA

Hardest part of the job was the constant change of management along with multiple changes in how the job was done.
labcorp
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 21, 2017
A typical work day getting up early heading to work. Providing a service to patients. Drawing blood and collecting specimens from patients. Always learned something new especially when we had system updates. workplace culture everyone got along with everyone one of our sayings were "team work makes a dream work". hardest moment of the job sometimes have patients that didnt understand why they have a bill. the most enjoyable moments talk with my patients and building a awesome relationship.
They provide transfer opportunites within the company
In Office Phlebotomist (IOP) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Typical day at work is often face paced.
You get to meet new people
You are responsible for each and every specimen that goes out to the main lab.
Pros
Annual Raises and Appraisals
Excellent Working Experience
Phlebotomist/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2017
At LabCorp, many duties ranges from collecting samples, process, order entry to shipping sample to the central lab. I enjoy getting to learn the many tools through our learning system and implementing new procedures at work.
Pros
Excellent
Enjoyed my time there
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great field of work experience rendered for those in the medical and healthcare industry. Poses a good environment to perform cross-training as per supervisory staff's permission.
Pros
The experience is great for growth and versatility with the workforce
Cons
Wages low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.