LabCorp

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Nice and overall pleasant place
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), burlington, ncApril 16, 2015
A typical day for me starts at 8:30 am and ends at 5:30pm. I spend the day answering phone calls and transferring those calls to wherever they need to go. On occasion and around the holidays we do odds and ends for other departments or our management.The hardest part of the job right now is that its not busy and we have to find things to do. my co workers are very pleasant and easy to get along with.
Employees i worked with made working there pleasant
Histology clerk, then promoted to lab assistant (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INApril 15, 2015
My workday was very busy everyday, I had numerous duties and responsibilities, I learned a lot about medical terminology. My coworkers were easy to be around as they had the same qualities that I pride myself in having regarding the patient and the importance of making sure that patient quality was important. The hardest part of the job was that the company did not hire enough workers for our department and there was constant overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people I worked with.
nice
Medical Assistant - Volunteer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDApril 14, 2015
A typical day was processing medical records for medical staffs and Insurance companies.I learned medical terminology.My management was great keep me Informed of things pertaining to my job.My co-wokers were helpful in area's that was not my job.The hardest part of my job was standing up for hours.The most enjoyable thing about my job was I got to bound with some of the patients.
Long hours with little benefits
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Cranford, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Overtime Pay
Cons: Short breaks, working LOOOONG hours, employee gossip, favoritism, hard to take time off
I was hired to work 10pm-6am. A few weeks later the schedule was changed so that everyone has to come in at 7pm. You would think with an earlier start time you would finish earlier. NO some days we didn't get out until 9am or later for the unlucky ones. Expect to come to work with the sun setting and getting off with the sun already risen. The pay isn't worth all the work they have you doing. Hours change with little to no notice, expect to work 4-5 hours past your scheduled time off, if the mangers don't like you, which they probably wont, don't expect to work here for very long. Working around bio-hazardous materials with bare minimum safety precautions. The hardest part of the job was having the managers standing over you breathing down your neck while trying to get work done. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting off work for the day.
excellent place to work
Patient Services Technician (Former Employee), baton rouge laApril 13, 2015
An awesome environment to work in, The staff are fully capable of the work task set before them excellent opportunity to advance!
workplaced
accounts receivable (Current Employee), burlington , ncApril 13, 2015
its nice but hard to move to other areas or get promoted. Has nice benefits and time off. Offers classes at to help you learn more for your job such as excel and access classes. Lean classes are offered to, while you cant get certified the teacher is one that teaches at the college to get certified.
Productive and Friendly work place
Student (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 9, 2015
Pros: Very well organized
Cons: Low staff
A typical work day at LabCorp is getting to work on time ready to work with a smile and a positive attitude, Morinings are usually a rush which I consider a good thing which makes time goes by fast. During my short time spent there I was able to learn great techniques which helped me improve my skills.
great place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Kingston, NYApril 9, 2015
i enjoyed working a in fast paced environment that helped to care for patients. my co workers and supervisors were great at working together and teaching one another
Good company, hard work, good benefits and people
Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDApril 8, 2015
Pros: Working with people
Cons: Bad weather conditions for driving
I had to pick up sensitive, timely medical samples. I got along with all my co-workers and management. The hardest part was driving in rough weather conditions up north. I love working with people! I am a people person!
Management works in "cliques"
PST Team Leader (Current Employee), Florence, SCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Gossip, Lack of communication, immature, under qualified supervisors.
Overall great company with wonderful benefits. Management base a lot of the assessments on gossip and "hear say". High employee turnover within the past 6 months due to poor supervision and lack of communication. Promotions are based on who you know. Employee morale has plummeted.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
Demanding, Educating, and Productive.
Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Santa Fe, NMApril 8, 2015
Demanding, repetitive and learning to adapt to change. Co-workers are always helpful when faced with a challenge. Being able to resolve issues help the customer with their need is rewarding.
Fun
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 8, 2015
Nice and descent place to work in, I had learned so much from this company, gained a lot of good friends. the hardest part of the job was overtimes. The most enjoyable part though was you know you're working for patients or people in general. They don't know you and you don't know them but you have the connections and able to help them. Too bad they had to let me go.. RP
Limited advancement opportunity but overall alright place to work
Specimen Processor (Former Employee), JanesvilleApril 6, 2015
Pros: Lots of company resources
Cons: Short breaks, limited raises
Depending on the position, there is limited advancement opportunity. The work can sometimes vary but for many it was repetitious and predictable.
Perpetually Understaffed, No Supervisor
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Englewood, COApril 5, 2015
Pros: Shift Differential
Cons: Everything
I would have really enjoyed working for this company, but the production standards were unrealistic. I did not mind the 3rd shift, however, there was manditory overtime since the company was perpetually understaffed. Possibly due to a mass exodus of employees, and a corporate hiring freeze. I also watched two supervisors come and go in the short three months that I worked for the company. There was little to no training, and most of the staff was so overworked that the atmosphere was thick with resentment for upper management. One employee did not recieve pay for almost over a month because the H.R. person quit, and the corporate staff just could not get it to together to pay her for her hard work. I was initially glad to be involved in the reconstruction of the department, but the leads were pressured to micromanage so heavily, that even bathroom access became resitricted. I still see requisitions for this position open on indeed so I do not believe these issues have been resolved. I fear this is a permanent situation for this employer.
busy and challenging at times
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CAApril 4, 2015
part of a great team and I love the work I do, makes me feel like i'm providing a service that helps people, pay could be better
Production
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 3, 2015
Pros: handling different types of insurances
Cons: calling patients
Production was basic on 10 an hour on a 7 hour day. Call clients and handle all insurances company including medicaid. And sometimes calling patients if we couldn't get the right information from the client.
Constant Workpace
timed lunches
good scheduling
fair benefits
401k
safe and clean environment inside and out
My base for cell culturing
Cytogenetic Technologist II (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 1, 2015
LabCorp taught me how to culture cells on a clinical level. I expanded my knowledge of genetics. I become efficient at analyzing and mapping chromosomes. It was an interesting field.
Great!
Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, MSMarch 31, 2015
I enjoy working for the company. I also enjoy growth and opportunities. It is a great entry level company. I also enjoy the flexibility of meeting new clients.
be prepared to work your butt off
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Downey, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: weekends mostly off
Cons: short staffed and long lines
not too bad a company to work for, but it is a corporation. It's all about numbers to upper management. At times it's a fun place to work at but other times be prepared to work alone with large amounts of angry patients. Biggest down side is that they are always short staffed and management does nothing to fix the problem.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries