LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,677 reviews matching the search
Innovative industry leader. Great people to work with. Good benefits.
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
You are part of a team where hard work is rewarded. Client satisfaction is priority 1. The work process is geared to deliver highest quality test results to the client quickly and efficiently. Management welcomes employee suggestions that will improve the process or help employees do their job better. The challenge of networking with different departments and areas of expertise is perhaps the hardest part of the job; it is also the most enjoyable because you are dealing with dedicated co-workers who are concerned about each other as well as with the client.
Pros
Flexible work schedules. Clean, cheerful break rooms.
Worst place to work.
plebotomist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 11, 2016
Staff is over worked because its a revolving door of unhappy employees. Management is is a joke. I learned NOTHING the hospital staff HATES the lab. Coworkers are stressed which makes it hostile. The rules change daily. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the lack of management. Expect to train yourself. the most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out every day.
Pros
none, dont do it no matter what apply @ Quest they take care of their employees
Cons
to many to list
Productive job, Important duties
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2016
LabCorp is a lab which is very important to doctors and other facilities. My job consist of pulling specimens pouring them, testing them, and sending them to the correct destinations. It is important to be very accurate when working. The hardest part of the job is remaining inside of the walk-in for periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in my own space. Management is average.
Relatively Easy Work. Poor Management, Very Low Pay.
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2016
Most of the jobs at a LabCorp processing facility are repetitive and can be learned quickly. Unfortunately, management and supervisory staff seem very uncoordinated, and ignorant as to what the jobs actually entail. Other employees provide the training, rather than supervisors or management. The attendance policy is terrible, as doctor notes are not accepted, and sick days are counted towards possible termination. All of the problems that are stated above, plus many more, have created poor morale.
Great Place to Work
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 3, 2016
Labcorp is a great place to work. You have a great management team and co-workers that will help you out at the drop of a hat. The first thing of the day is timed work, and then later in the day is untimed work. even if you fall behind, the management will help with figuring out how to further help you. Even when Labcorp was leaving the Birmingham area and laying off the billing department, they still tried to help the misplaced employees find a job. and help out.
Pros
Choice of work hours, overtime, Helpful Management
Cons
Hardly any room to advance, not enough office space, overworked
Very concentrated work environment with high stress level
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 6, 2016
A typical day involved collecting urine samples off of sample racks and shoot them with pipettes into test tubes and prepare them for further testing. I learned to work with two different types of database systems and how to track samples through theses systems. I also learned a little bit about chain of custody procedures. Although our manager was great I think there is always room for improvement. I loved my co-workers and and felt that I truly was part of the team.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say was to locate missing samples as they could be in various different places and/or departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was also looking for samples. However, this process can become very stressful when a sample is either lost or is hard to locate. At the same time finding samples can be great fun if the person likes a bit of detective works of sorts, which I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
Health benefits and 401K plan
Cons
Had to work in cold and very cold environments
Good pay/ Poor leadership
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Earth City, MOJuly 12, 2016
This company is unprofessional, has weak incompetent leadership without people skills. Unknowledgeable and do not provide work life balance. Many open positions but no staff so you can never use your off days. If you don't use them you loose them. This company does not provide training to their new employees and when you make an error they hold you responsible . The answer is read the SOP , which contradicts itself . Loved the opportunity but when it seems to good to be true . You fill in the rest .
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Weak, incompetent and poor leadership
Don't waste your time
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJuly 11, 2016
LabCorp is not a place to work if you are an educated individual. The vast majority of the employees are GED holding high school dropouts who cannot do better for themselves, of course this does not pertain to the upper level management, but that's a whole different story. The work culture is vile, I have never endured so much negativity as I have at the two years I have worked for this company. The only upside to working at LabCorp is that you can get away with murder and still keep your job. If you have a Bachelor's degree or higher, run away as fast as you can.
A Typical Day at Work
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 26, 2016
The typical day of Donna Hawthorne I have sixty-five employees that I must everything is running according to protocol. My day start at anytime after midnight. I receive calls from employees that they're unable to report to work on any-giving day. My job is to assure that all sixty-five sites open on time. Therefore I would proceed to looking at my daily schedule,to see whom I can move around to accommodate the physicians that also mean I would work the location myself.
Pros
I love working with people
Cons
I am on call 24 hours day, Seven days a week.
This is the worst
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 30, 2016
This is the worst place I have ever worked. It took two months for a start date. It took two months to finally get paid out. They say they have superior customer service.. REALLY is that why patients wait for 2-3 hours in Port St. Lucie with 1.5 phlebotomist. They are severely under staffed and expect a new employee with no training to do a proper job. The supervisors have no clue what goes on in the clinics need to spend about 2 weeks or more to properly train new employees the LabCorp way instead of just firing them and making an already bad situation even worse. When you send New Employee staff to Stuart to open a clinic that has never done it and is not certified to do drug screens and people get there at 0500 so they can get in and out quickly only to be turned away Irate because there is no certified person there to do drug screens. Great Customer Service. I have never worked for such an incompetent company and my suggestion would be go some place else for your lab services and work there only if you want to be abused.
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
Don't care about customers or employees
Good job security
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 21, 2016
Busy work days work alone in a Dr.'s office for 10yrs with no co-workers. I maybe see any Management 3-4 times a year. Bad management and pay.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Bad Management, bad pay, and no job advancement
Actually great, aside from some serious flaws
Speciality Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 10, 2016
Overall, I enjoyed the work. It was tedious and repetitive, but relatively easy once you got the hang of it. My direct supervisor was the best, but the upper management above her were completely ineffective at handling problematic employees, and displayed no regard for the employees' lives outside of work, even going so far as to threaten parents who might have to call in for a sick child with possible termination.
Pros
Easy job overall, allowed to listen to music, frequent lunch events
Cons
Chronically understaffed, dated equipment, terrible upper management, lab constantly hot
Productive , Good opportunity and fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at Lab Corp I would describe as being very quiet and likable. I would just check in patients and exhort them to a private room to take there sample of blood. Making sure to draw blood in the correct order of draw and being safe. The co workers and management were very friendly. The job over all was enjoyable because Phlebotomy is something I really enjoy doing. I learned a lot as far as how Lab Corp run there businesses. It was a pretty easy job for me and I would really love for this to be a career for me.
I love Healthcare and I worked well at a place that is a pressure driven job!
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 10, 2016
The Management was interesting, at best. I was hired to perform blood draws at a very busy clinic. I would get to work and get a call that I was needed at another clinic... miles away! I would leave and the clinic that I left...would, then, be short of help and ended up having to stay late...consequently, overtime! People would get messages that they had to leave early, etc. due to their overtime...the overtime that was created by the shortages of personnel caused by management calling them away from their positions! This happened on an almost daily basis! The management would not tell you about mileage reimbursement or any of those types of benefits. I had to research the company and get the mileage pay retroactive. The company states that it is aware of family and balance of life...but no. If you are absent more than 3 times, you have to take "Family Leave" and that is a big process! Staying late was a constant due to incredible work load and shortage of employees. Could have been a nice job...
Job requirements
Oncology/AP -Specialist N. TX, OK, & AR (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2016
Responsible for the development and sales of Anatomical Pathology and clinical tests into multiple  specialties in the tri­state territory. Focused on nine specific call points and several specific tests which  include: oncology, infectious disease, dermatology, gastroenterology, surgery centers, endocrinology,  infertility, urology, and rheumatology.  I also assisted hospitals and doctor offices with setting up their  EMR and interfacing with Labcorps system so that they can order tests for their patients and also  quickly retrieve patient results/information.  I became very proficient with setting up EMR's
The best company to work for
Pediatric Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHJanuary 31, 2016
I have been gain fully employed with LabCorp for 7 years and counting, and the time here is exceptional. A typical day in the lab is always something new and refreshing, from disgruntled patients to cheerful patients. But this is what I love!! I love having a patient that isn't having the best day because that's when my natural compassion and concern for my patients is displayed. And by the time their visit is up with me they're smiling!! That is what I love the most, to see a smiling face despite their circumstance. The management at my company is top-rate. I know that I can talk to my superiors about anything and they will give positive feedback. and lead me in the correct direction. The hardest part of my job I would have to say would be the computer system at times. At times while they're doing updates it disrupts my flow a little as far as entering patient information and orders in the computer, which in turn makes it a little difficult for my colleagues in the lab. The most enjoyable part of my day is interacting with my patients and having a passion for my job.
Great pay and great benefits, good shifts and relaxed environment
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Pinole, CAJune 13, 2016
Overall-waaaaay better than quest. It has it's tough days (just like any other job) but the pay is excellent and benefits are awesome! Plus, if u are a non smoker, they deeply discount your health insurance-if you have a low BMI they tack on another discount. For a family of 3 they only take out $200 every paycheck for Kaiser HMO. It's a steady paycheck with wonderful benefits and no micro managing at all. If u can handle busy mornings in a lab and slow afternoons-this is the job for u!
Pros
Discounted health insurance
Cons
Mandatory overtime
Fun
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 17, 2016
This place was 5 -6 years ago. As I remembered, I loved this job. It was data entry job. entering hospital files records in the system. Typical day, we sorted out work load and divided up the work and started from there, typed as fast and accurate as we could until done. I've learned medical terms. I loved my co workers, we sat side by side. We took breaks and ate lunch together. The hardest part about this job was not enough work for everybody and got taken over by other 3rd party. I enjoyed most were lunchon meetings, dressed up nice for work.
Pros
free lunch once in a while
Cons
Not enough work loads
Great company, excellent benefits.
Specimen Courier (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 13, 2016
This is a stable company for someone that is looking for something like that. My experience with Labcorp was outstanding and would not change anything about it. I feel now that I have, or nearly, completed my educational goals that my value is so much more, with my military experience, my 12 years of building in financial services and now my educational pedigree my base earnings should be commensurate with what I bring to the table to an employer.
Pros
Stress free
Cons
For me; it's time to make a difference in this world.
Former employee
Accessing (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAApril 25, 2016
Great supervisor horrible management. Short notices for major announcements such as changes in schedules which may interfere with family life for example it's mandatory to work one Saturday out the month which is 4 hours well 4 hours turned to 8 hours without breaks and they don't care. Micromanaging to the max. Once you are clocked in you are not to move from your desk for any reason at all not even to stretch. They are constantly bombarding you with specimens, it's like they are cracking you with a whip. If you were to speak with any employees there they will tell you they are not happy. So many people quit they are constantly hiring. I understand it's an entry level job but the employees are not inmates they need to be treated with dignity. Once again the supervisor was great, it was just management quickly bring the company down.
Pros
Leaving that job to have a piece of mind
Cons
Micromanaging