LabCorp
1,037 reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

the work place was like another family
PSC specialist (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 11, 2015
Pros: lunch provided, friendly staff, awesome hours
my day starts @ 730am, I usually did not have a patient until 830-900am. I work alone which is different from I am use to. There was no one looking over your shoulder. The nursing staff was extremely helpful upon my arrival to the office; being that I was a new employee. My day ends around 430-445 usually.
wonderful job
pct (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 9, 2015
A great place to work under the right supervisor! I love the WASHINGTON DC TEAM.......if i didnt have to relocate! i would still be there.
good place to work depending where you are
Patient Services Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville ncJune 8, 2015
Pros: some
Cons: some
if you are placed under a good supervisor. Some places, especially the Fayetteville NC area are awful places to work. the supervision is awful.
Very Professional work place
Pre-PCR - Pooling Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2015
I learned a lot. Nice people to work with. Fun environment. - Fully trained in laboratory safety and current GLP in a FDA regulated clinical lab.
Very productive place to work over all
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), PhoenixJune 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, keeps you busy
Cons: No ladder to climb here
Be aware no ladder to climb here. The more harder u work the more they use you. No compensation what so ever. They rather find someone cheaper then keep the hard working ones. They pay management and supervisors to do nothing.
In a laboratory collecting specimens
Phelebotmist (Current Employee), The Woodlands TXJune 4, 2015
Pros: Nice office to work in
Cons: no windows
I start my day office by opening the lab and logging my daily temps. I will go and unlock the needles, and check the lock boxes to make sure there were no specimens that didn't get picked up from the night before. I am the only person in the lab so I do close and open Mon -Fri. I draw blood for five different doctors that are in the office I see about 20 at time more patients in a day. I will answer phones and collect tissues and and other specimens the nurses bring to the lab and make sure they are sent of to get tested.
Good place to gain experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Toms River, NJJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working for Lab Corp but living far away is taking its toll. I am looking to move closer to where i live Every one is nice. I learned to collect blood form all types of people. Time management was an important part of the day.
Great environment to work in.
Histology/Order Entry (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 4, 2015
Pros: They have a lot of events for the employees
Cons: Insurance is too expensive
It very flexible with the hours.
They do not have enough people to work there so the employees that they do have are over-worked causing stress,death, and fatique
The best part of this job is that you are forever learning and I worked with some interesting things.
Large Company with alot of team memebers
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 4, 2015
I enjoy working with people. My compassion and commitment keeps me coming back. Sometimes its not the company that keeps people but the staff that shows up on the front line.
Workplace that places employees in individual lab setting allowing control over workspace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 3, 2015
A typical day includes drawing blood work for labs requested by doctors and documenting in Labcorp system for tracking. The position places each employee in individual labs that each person sets up to their own liking.
Very Structured work environment
Research Supervisor, Billing Call Center (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJune 2, 2015
The company has a very low salary grade that does not seem to go hand in hand with the COL. Company would benefits from cross training of managerial staffs. Co workers lack team spirit. Most enjoyable part is resolving clients and patients concern for continue trust in the company .
Overall a good company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJune 2, 2015
A typical workday for me includes checking in of patient, collecting on balances, drawing orders for doctors and performing drug screens for employment.
average
accessioning (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Average job! The hours are ok depending on if you have kids, the company in general only cares about the work getting done not the employees.
Not good
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 1, 2015
Pros: None
Not a good place to work at all. Very hectic and the administration is like a revolving door. You never have any real stability or a touchstone for answers.
Good co-workers
Histology Accessioning Group Lead (Former Employee), Raritan, NJMay 29, 2015
Much like working in a factory, the work is relentless and the pay does not match the amount of work. Good benefits other than that don't expect much.
Working for LabCorp can be rewarding if the opportunity is given.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCMay 27, 2015
Pros: LabCorp offers great pay and benefits
Cons: There needs to be training for lead phlebotomist in reference to supervising staff.
I think LabCorp is a great company to work for and can offer opportunity for growth. I learned so much as a Phlebotomist while working for LabCorp, however, where you work and who you work with at LabCorp , I believe makes a big difference concerning professionalism, supervision, chain of command and productivity as a team.
fun place to work
Phelbotomist (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch every day
Cons: great healthcare
great team work. I had learn from the nurse and doctor. I move to Maryland. we work together helping each other with the need of patients. I love it .
labcorp
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2015
lapcorp has great benefits, great environent, great people. doesnt feel like work if you enjoy what you do. work hours are reasonable. system is fool proof which is amazing. no room for errors
false advertisement
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: work is simple
Cons: underhanded tactics, extended hours, unfair management
What you're told the work load will be when you're hired is not the work load you'll be handling, nor is the expected hours. If you work 3-11pm, don't expect to get out before 2am. Here's the kicker: no overtime, so all those extra hours get dwindled away by tactics like extended lunches and coming in later. Management tends to choose favorites and if you're not a "cool kid" you're scrutinized to see if you'll make a mistake under pressure. The benefits package wasn't bad at first, until I learned that in order to be paid for maternity leave, I had to purchase both short term AND long term disability packages, even though maternity leave is a short term "condition." Simply put, short term approves it and long term pays for it...so, I was not paid for the 2 months I was out, and when I came back, my paycheck was mega garnished to pay for the insurance premiums I missed for being out. Now there's talk of doubling insurance rates if your BMI is over 29. The company only treats you well if you're willing to put family aside, not gripe about illegal tactics or twisted benefits, I'm glad I'm out and I wouldn't want to ever work there again.
Nice place to work
Billing Secretary (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Customer Service. Nice people and place to work. Worked at LabCorp for 5 years. Labcorp is one of the biggest companies in Alamance County.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries