LabCorp

1.1K reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Work enviroment is stifling. No room for advancement. Managers are chosen by who you know and not job skills.
Pricing Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Lab Week
Cons: Employees are not appreciated or shown
There is no room for advancement. Managers are not always qualified for the position. Unexpected work load with very small yearly increases.
great place to work
Patient Billing Specialist (Current Employee), burlington ncJuly 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
This a very fast paste atmosphere. Gain alot of knowledge in the medical billing world. Coworkers are wonderful. Hardest part of the job is dealing with management they are not proffessional and they are not team players. This company requires everyone to be on the same team in order to be more effecient at your job. You must feed off each other in order to succeed.
No room for growth
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2015
Very busy place to work, great experience, but no room for growth. Over worked and not appreciated for your work and time.
Completed all the requirements to fill up missing information of clients
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Raritan, New JerseyJuly 22, 2015
Pros: healthcare experience on patience insurance and diagnosis code
Cons: mentor on my co-workers task
I had an opportunity to and learn to complete information of patient's insurance data. I enjoy calling clients and get their information required to qualify for insurance approval.
i enjoy my job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, NCJuly 22, 2015
I love what I do at my job , it saves lives and helps a lot of people in need of medical results they treat employees with respect and give lots of support and benefits
Productive place to work
HealthCare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 22, 2015
You could basically work alone all day. Co-workers were great as a team environment. I learned a lot about the whole lab process. Best part of the job was being able to work alone and the people on your team that were willing to help any time you needed it.
I loved the people, hated the hours
Acessioning (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2015
If they tell you that you are scheduled to get off at 3...plan for 7
I learned a lot about medical codes and my typing skills are now amazing.

I loved my co-workers and was actually sad when I had to leave
Hires with no experience required. No career advancement.
Advanced Technologist (Current Employee), durham,ncJuly 19, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: no career advancement, low pay, low raises, okay benefits
Basic repetitive laboratory assays in my lab. Have learned all that I can learn but can't advance positions until 5-7 years of experience due to NY state requirements at our RTP lab. Staff is constantly changing due to the lack of career advancement and poor management.
Great Company
PHLEBOTOMY INTERN (Former Employee), Dublin, OHJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Having the experince drawing blood
Cons: Wishing I could have worked more than 40 hours of training
This was and internship before I was able to receive my certification the staff was very helpful in teaching additional techniques to help becoming a great phlebotomist,
Loved it
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 19, 2015
I really liked my supervisor. She did not make it hard to work there. The only thing was the hours because I have a four year old and we got off like 11pm. I do miss working there. Advancement was there when the opportunity was open. Co -workers um some were easier to get along with than others.
Great pay and good coworkers
PST Specialist/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Olympia, WAJuly 16, 2015
Very good pay and staff is great. Always had supplies I needed to perform my job. Good schedules and PTO is very good. They seem to always need help. Overall a good place to work.
PST specialist phlebomist (Current Employee), s semoranJuly 15, 2015
performed a variety of routine blood drawing procedure to include venipunture , learned excellent leadership , most enjoyable part is working with patients..
A true leader in the industry for a reason
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Egg Harbor Twp., NJJuly 15, 2015
Labcorp was firm but fair with their policies and what they expected of their personnel. Great benefits and a 401k, this company made you feel important when you are employed by them. The large corporate entity was close knit and never treated you like a number.
They perform their duties and serve the community well. I enjoyed being a part of what they did every day.
Nice but no advancement
Histology Lead Nights (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: consistent schedule, nice team
Cons: no advancement
I had a nice secure job but it offered no advancement. I became frustrated with the lack of opportunity and options. The teamwork was a bit divided at times but everyone would come together in a pinch.
It was a learning experience
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Free parking
Cons: 1/2 hour lunch breaks
Overall LabCorp was a good place to work. I wish I had stayed with them. Pretty easy going staff and coworkers. Loved the patients.
LabCorp had good incentives and recognized hard workers.
N/A
Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Cranford, NJJuly 13, 2015
Work is very busy. Pay attention to detail and work well under pressure. Workers are fine. Hardest part is trying to figure out how to solve a problem under pressure.
Very Good Staff
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great staff and great benefits
Cons: need a lot of self discipline
great place to work. bosses and supervisors will work with you but are keen on not being taken advantage of. co workers are the best, they encourage and help when they can. takes a lot of self discipline to work in an office by yourself here to keep yourself on track
Same as for South East Division
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Benefits and Health Insurance.
Cons: Unreasonable expections
Same company just a different JOB Requirement. More intense and stressful. More expectations and travel. Less time at home and family. Corporate control that does not have much room for exceptions
pst
Phlebotomist/Patient Service Technician (Former Employee), smyrna,delawareJuly 12, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: change in human resource staff
I worked for lab corp for almost 4 years. I enjoyed the company i worked for and the people I worked beside everyday. The management team cares little about the employees.
Very productive place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Being a Team Leader
Cons: Having better management
Working here was like a typical day at work. I learned how to deal or cope with different personalities, older and young and making sure that they were dong their job correctly and efficient
Headquarters