LabCorp Employee Reviews

Dont do it.
PSTS (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2017
Will work you until you cant no more, always short on staff, very difficult to give you a day off. Lots of favoritism. Sorry I wasted 3 years. New hire making more money and some know nothing. Then having people making changes that have no idea what's happening at the lab.
Pros
Free nothing
Cons
Lucky if you get lunch.
Great luncheons
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  5201 W. Kennedy blvd Tampa , FL 33607November 17, 2017
A typical day would consist of greeting co workers and prepare work space with needed materials. Take a 15 minute break in 2 hrs or so and use restroom facilities. Take calls from clients and provide them with confirmation. Lunch is at 12 noon. I return from lunch and take more calls. To meet adherence and talk time expectations I should have answered a minimum of 100 call for my shift.

Management was helpful leads and supervisors were approachable and kept up with our training needs. The hardest part of the job was no interaction with co workers due to the fast pace of calls that came in and the needed silence. The workplace culture was diverse and everyone bought a dish of their culture when requested. The most enjoyable part of the job was training. There we would interact with co workers and get to know one another.
Pros
Good raises
Cons
Silence
Good training and benefits
Phlebotomy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 16, 2017
I worked in several different departments and was pretty satisfied with each of them. Good pay and benefits, most of the management team were pretty good, but most of them are gone now, so I don't know about recent happenings.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work ethic
Cons
May be too large for each employee to matter anymore
Good place
Specimen Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92128November 16, 2017
No comment on this employer. Nothing more to say at this time. Thankful for the opportunity to obtain job experience. Hopefully it will open the door for many other opportunities.
Great Hours
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 16, 2017
I worked and they paid me. The job had great hours. They have great benefits. I have room for advancement. I pay extra for travel and they pay for mileage. You get a hour for lunch. They start off pay is great. Coming to this company to me was a blessing. I just trying to get closer to home.
Productive and fast paced
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJNovember 16, 2017
I enjoy working here and the leadership that not only teaches but learns throughout the process with you. Encourages pregression 7 communication......
Pros
Staff
Benefits
Good Place to work
MLT (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 16, 2017
Had a good work experience and good educational opportunities.
Good work culture. Safe place to work and healthy place to work.
Also professional managment too,
Pros
Good Learning experience
Cons
Travel time
Nice place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 16, 2017
The lab runs from a team effort with stressful and non stressful days.
There was sometimes a family atmosphere. The work is high volume and there are many different types of cultures to deal with.
there are some perks working at Labcorp such as 401k, discount tickets and vacation site, Flex Account with incentives for a more health life style.
Pros
Healthy life style incentives
Cons
sometimes over worked
greta enviorment
PST Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 16, 2017
Great place to work, excellent benefits and plenty of room to grow. great team environment and family. offer 401K and other extra benefits to help their employees out.
Pros
benifits
Labcorp
Site Coordinator/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDNovember 16, 2017
not at all thank you for the survey. Labcorp is great and very helpful. I have never had a dull moment here. The managers and supervisors and my team are great
day at lab corp working
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 15, 2017
open up the doors/ turn on the computers/ check the faxes for orders sent over by doctors for patients that are coming to get their labs/ check supplies/ dawn your PPE/check any patients waiting in and get their lab done/ clean up thru out the day/ bag up all specimens and call the lab courier for any stat labs. clean up / get all paperwork together that needs to be filed or faxed. as the day gets closer to closing time. get the lab ready for the next day.
Pros
excellent work hours
Cons
poor pay and management
Phlebotomist PSC
Part Time Phlebotomist Technician PST (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 15, 2017
I absolutely LOVE my job. The people are great! I meet lots of wonderful new faces. They always seem to enjoy the experience during their visit. Although most people absolutely HATE having their blood drawn, I make it my business to keep them at ease and as comfortable as possible, and they express their appreciation to the gentle sticks, patience and consideration I give them as their phlebotomist. It's a wonderful environment.
Pros
The pay, the patients, the staff and my co workers.
Cons
I wish that hours were full time.
internship
Highlights of Qualifications (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2017
My experience there was great I loved all my patience they would come in and ask for me I would look forward to seeing them day in and day out I was motivated to see them everyday
Pros
Good people
Cons
Really there are none
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 12, 2017
LabCorp treated their employees like family. They made staff meetings fun and informative. They do have paid holidays and offer overtime. They also have great benefits.
Pros
Reward employees for hard work
Cons
Can be fast a paste enviroment
Work Experience
Phlebotomist/Patient Service Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 12, 2017
LabCorp is a sound company with location opportunities throughout the united states with transfer options. I find that the work environment in the south is very different than in California.
A poor manager can ruin a good team
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83704November 10, 2017
Very diverse work, could be stressful at times. Good team and co-workers. Very poor management which lead me to leave. There were very few perks to working for the company, but the one I very much liked was free lab work. That can get expensive.
Pros
Great co workers, free lab work
Cons
Poor management
Glad I'm gone.
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCNovember 10, 2017
I used to love this company until we moved to the old Citi building. There was petty drama amongst very grown adults that took away from the work. The management and sups were terrible and showed favoritism which isn't professional at all.
Cons
everything
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work! Would recommend to a friend. Have enjoyed the 3yrs that I have worked for Labcorp. No complaints, if you do your job, no one bothers you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lab corp is a very good company to work for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Clanton, ALNovember 10, 2017
I was contracted out at chilton medical and associates. I collected about 70 to 100 specimen per day. The work was steady and I kept busy. Lab corp lost the contract at chilton to america esoteric lab. That left me as a displaced worker.
Pros
Fun and family oriented place to work
Cons
Not working there anymore
no stress
Phlebotomist-Patient Service Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 9, 2017
I must say I really enjoy my job with lab corp from all areas lab corp is an excellent place to work. from my co workers to the upper management everyone has such pleasant attitudes. I cant ask for more.
Pros
incentives
Cons
insurance expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.