LabCorp
1,067 reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Great Experience
IOP ( In office phlebotomist ) (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2015
Pros: half of day of work on fridays
Cons: horrible working conditions.
Loved the patients, however the clinic I serviced, was full of unprofessional, uneducated staff, would have loved to stay at Labcorp, but there was no room for growth, and unable to transfer to different location.
great Job!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), 6555 chippewaJune 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: not very much advancement
I think Labcorp's a pretty good place to work and build a career, the company itself is worldwide and you can travel if desire.
summary
HISTOTECHNICIAN/ORDER ENTRY (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 27, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no structure too many opinions
No structure, Workers ran the show not the management
very clickish. Very unfriendly work environment. They promised to train me and they had no structure on doing that. i was a burden to them and they let me know it.
The place i love
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee), Corona, CAJune 27, 2015
few weeks let me know a lot of things in lab corp procedure
very good management
very nice and cooperative co-workers
i love each day when i go to work at lab corp
LabCorp is great right out of college to gain that initial experience.
Illumina Technologist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJune 26, 2015
The company has a laid back work style and a younger age of employees, but not much room for growth and advancement. A great company to start your career field with, but definitely not a company to stay with and maintain a career; the first initial stepping stone in a clinical lab setting.
Management absent
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee), Carson City, NVJune 25, 2015
Patient service center consistently understaffed.
Co-workers with below average work ethic and ability.
Management is rarely visible nor are they available.
Favoritism is a major problem.
Great work hours
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2015
LabCorp has great hours for a working mother and I enjoyed working at the Apex PSC. Very kind people and would recommend any phlebotomist to work at this PSC.
Good Compensation
Lab Operations Client Services (Former Employee), Westborough, MAJune 25, 2015
After my initial position was cut, they worked to keep me in the company and get me into another department. Pay was good too! Really boring though :(
Good people to work with.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Clinton, INJune 24, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: work midnites
I like my job with the exception of drawing blood on babies. I like the people I work with and knowing several of the people since it is my hometown.
Stay busy
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: long wait to advance
Working for labcorp is okay. I like having a set schedule and flexablility to change it whenever needed. The main thing is that it takes a long time to get certified to move up to a different position.
well below average; management and supervision in denial on eveything
HEALTHCARE BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2015
Pros: if you know the work, you will be self motivated; o/t readily available-
Cons: immature, circus environment, completely unprofessional-DENIAL
An extremely poor and dysfunctional place to work-a typical day includes no teaching of the work in the billing department in Greensboro, NC--supervisor/management in denial on all aspects of the dysfunction of the department--supervisor acts as a security guard(including a snitch, baby sitter), messenger service, and cheer leader-----which has nothing to do with answering questions or learning the work.Co workers are pretty good for the most part, although many realize they can get around responsibility, since management is inept( to say the least). Hardest part of the job is staying motivated, knowing it's a dead end street unless you are in the INNER CIRCLE(meaning a promotion/raise is a distinctive possibility).Need to stay motivated some how- some way--almost dreaming along or self motivated---another problem is that management does not recognize quality work or talent--pay increases are a joke and insulting, especially for those who DO PERFORM CORRECTLY--management/supervision lies about everything to protect their agenda---which is DENIAL and they look at department as following orders from a BEHAVIORAL stand--which has nothing to do with learning.---
Horrible
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee), Bloomfield, NJJune 22, 2015
The job isn't bad or hard at all, it's actually fairly simple. The manager on the other hand, well lets just say the so called 'meetings' were ridiculous and we were called fecal matter.
labcorp
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), seatteJune 21, 2015
Pros: good safe work place
Cons: to far from my home
very good place to work safe friendly people very good at keeping everyone happy.we trained team orkers getting the job done
Great place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 20, 2015
Pros: Accrual of vacation time.
Cons: Lack of work to keep me busy.
I usually arrived at work and began reviewing files with dna results to make sure they were complete and ready for the physician to check and send results out. When our daily work came in, I checked folders, taking out the ones that needed further info, and scanned them into open records so their location would be in the computer system. I scanned in buccal envelopes, pulled the folders they belonged in, and stapled them into folders. My co-workers were alright. The hardest part of the job was trying to stay busy when we didn't have enough work. We lost a large account which cut down on our work load. We often went to our Gibsonville warehouse to shift folders. I never minded this, because I prefer to stay busy.
Productive and fun place to work
Lab Assistant Temp for Spectra force (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2015
check specimens and put through processing. Feel Chain of Custody Forms out. Take the specimens down to extractions and deal with dynamics and other specimens work test for the different drugs. Communicate with coworkers to complete assigned tasks. The hardest part of the job was the most enjoyable. Working to exacting standard set forth by the company.
Senior Marketing Executive
Senior Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Stable
Cons: Slow when getting things done
Overall I really enjoyed working with LabCorp. Meeting the physicians forming relationships.
The people at LabCorp were awesome.
Managers would do the best they could to get you what was needed.
Co-workers working togther
Phlebotomist/Processor/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston,TxJune 18, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Supervisors
Pleasant, How to deal with different personalities, Fun to work with but job oriented, Patients with difficult veins, co-workers.
Well maintained a great place to work. Staff was very easy to work with
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Burlington, NCJune 18, 2015
LabCorp was the dream externship. I was taught well and the staff was very knowledgeable and receptive. Hand on training was very beneficial. The office was well maintained and met all standards for
universal cautions.
Fast paced and fun work environment
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJune 18, 2015
Pros: The day flew by
Cons: Not a ton of pediatrics
Arrive to a line of patients waiting. Build trust and minimize patient discomfort during phlebotomy procedures while efficiently collecting blood specimens. Obtain blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture. Follow infection-control and safety procedures in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions. Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood, and safely store and transport samples
Productive and fun place to work. great director
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: busy all the time
Cons: na
Supervise a staff of 30 Phlebotomists; provide supervisory support to other departments within the Laboratory as needed
 Experienced with conducting venipunctures for a variety of patients; Pediatrics, Geriatrics, those considered as challenging due to collapsing veins or patients where veins are difficult to find
 Attended to patients with a friendly, caring bedside manner and respect
 Maintain key Laboratory reporting data current to include: Kronos timekeeping, employee files, Performance Improvement plans, etc.
 Responsible for ordering and maintaining appropriate inventory
 Employee scheduling, vacation planning and approval, FMLA requests; ensuring staff adequate at all times to ensure timely and efficient specimen collection and processing
 Recommend employee promotions, demotions, hiring and terminations
 Prepare and administer verbal and written warnings as well as all performance evaluations
 Greet and register patients in a friendly, caring manner as needed

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries