LabCorp

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,233 reviews matching the search
Work and Life Balance
intake coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 15, 2015
Its out of wack and unfair. I do not like it. If you work every other Saturday you do not get a day off in the week you have to work 6 days a week. Im always tired and my home life is laking.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible management, scheduling, and communication
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Worcester,maNovember 14, 2015
I really am telling you the truth. The management here is really not management. They dont care about there patients and especially there employees. They are under employed and over work there current employees. They dont care about anything but the money they will make for charging insurance companies for the specimen testing and draw fees. There is no communication between anyone but themselves and by that I mean who are they going to take advantage of this week and ask them to work a double shift because of there understaffing and there not wanting to hire more employees.
Pros
There are a few good people working there.
Very big lab with over 3000 specimens a day
Histology Technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTNovember 14, 2015
Was kind of like a factory setting. Many specimens. Sometimes you would be grossing for 8 hours. It was a lot of fun to work there. Upper management was firm but supportive.
Pros
Job security
Cons
You always felt rushed working there
Not bad.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 12, 2015
Decent company to work for. Treated employees very well and compensation was good. Management not in area therefore problems sent to someone in different state who has no idea what's going.
Best phlebotomy job in the area
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHNovember 11, 2015
I currently drive over an hour to work until I can transfer. It is completely worth it. They pay so well for experience. Great benefits and the human resources department couldnt get any better. The direct supervisors are a little over worked and there for can not devote the time and energy necessary to their teams. My new supervisor does better than the last though.
Great with benefits and availability
IOP Phlebotomist New Jersey (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJNovember 9, 2015
Love the culture and benefits awesome job :) Learn a lot on the job, very open about trying to place in the best setting. Most of the time you leave when scheduled but depending on the doctor he or she might try to keep you for longer than scheduled.
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 9, 2015
Pay is decent, work is suitable and steady. Good benefits. Employee extras. Company culture is nice. Great mix of people. Lots of changes
Don't do it!
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GANovember 8, 2015
Management is terrible. The work atmosphere is in the toilet. Nasty,smelly, and no organization. Just thinking about how my lab specimens been process makes my stomach turn.... I will have my doctor try to send my labs to another company do my lab work from now on. My advice don't apply here. If your young out of college take your talents elsewhere.
Pros
work hours
Cons
work atmosphere, a no work ethnic
labcorp
Courier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 7, 2015
I enjoyed working for labcorp, I would like to think had I not quit to have a baby, I would still be employed with them. I would get to work, gather all supplies needed for the day, pack my company car and head out to the clients to pick up specimens. My coworkers were very nice and professional as well.The hardest part had to be 5 o'clock traffic.The most enjoyable part were the clients and coworkers everyone was super nice.
Pros
being sefl sufficient
Cons
idk if there were cons
Competitive Salary
Patient Service Center Coordinator / Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDNovember 7, 2015
Competitive salary and skilled phlebotomist. Great open door policy. Everyday is different. You never know if you going to be short staffed due to lack of compunction between management and staff. Technology is great, which makes it easier to maintain a large patient flow. Labcorp has a high standard when it comes to phlebotomist. They must be very skilled and experienced.
Pros
1hr lunch. competitive salary
Cons
Healthcare, staffing issues
not a good place to work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 6, 2015
The management was probably the rudest women i have ever met. They treated the employees disrespectfully. the turn around at the company is high because of it. overtime was never known until you tried to clock out and then it was "by the way 4 hours overtime tonight".
Pros
its a job
Cons
everything else
LabCorp is a reputable company!
Mass Spec Technologist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 5, 2015
LabCorp is a reputable company! It is stable and you will have plenty of friends.I worked there for almost 3 years and management is great and the company holidays are memorable.
Pros
Stable, good management and people
Enjoyed working as a team, very busy office. Got to know our customers on a personal level. Really enjoyed earning there trust and made a very good
phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  McCandless Twp, PANovember 4, 2015
Good work environment but could of used a bigger computer area, since we shared it with the break room area. Very busy office, the day flew by but I found it difficult sometimes because I am very much a people person and enjoy talking and earning the customers trust for their next visit.
Pros
Was able to work with the same coworker, made things easier with work flow.
Cons
Worked thru lunch, sometimes didn't even get a lunch or break
Management is not the best.
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 4, 2015
I was with this company for a long time before I left. They do not look out for their employees, and they don't care if you are sick. You are expected to work with 50+ patients ALONE without making any errors. If you do, you will be fired. Supervisors have no prior experience in blood draws so don't bother asking. The pay is exceptionally low. Good for those fresh out of school to gain experience THEN LEAVE AS SOON AS YOU DO!!!
Pros
Cons
Short lunch breaks if any at all, barely any sick days
Good solid company
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hood River, ORNovember 3, 2015
I drew blood for 2 small clinics in Oregon..I loved it considering my medical background in the military. The environment was professional but fun...it was good solid work with great pay and benefits. The contract ended and so I was forced to move on but I would definitely work for the company again and would certainly recommend others to do so.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Great company
Billing Specialist/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 2, 2015
Loved working here until my supervisor left & a new one took over. Labcorp loves to recognize employees for hard work & it's a great work/life balance.
Pros
Team functions, Mon-Fri, recognition
Cons
Short lunches but this can be overlooked
Not organized
Medical Technologist Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  TXNovember 1, 2015
Not structured or organized, management is not as friendly as they say. very short staffed, over work the employees, environment is not friendly.
Worked late nights & travel
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 30, 2015
Drivers are basically disposable. Had to drive in bad driving conditions. No 1st shift, no room for advancement. Worked overtime, but had to burn it off.
Great Retirement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 29, 2015
Easy going environment.
Your allowed to be a self starter.
You are motivated.
Learn something new everyday.
Very hands on.
Pros
Feexible
Cons
Floating
A typical day at work is heavy workload and short staff.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2015
If you want job security this is the place to work.Lab corp is still growing and taking over small labs.People come and go due to heavy workload.