LabCorp Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,617 reviews matching the search
Very concentrated work environment with high stress level
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 6, 2016
A typical day involved collecting urine samples off of sample racks and shoot them with pipettes into test tubes and prepare them for further testing. I learned to work with two different types of database systems and how to track samples through theses systems. I also learned a little bit about chain of custody procedures. Although our manager was great I think there is always room for improvement. I loved my co-workers and and felt that I truly was part of the team.
The hardest part of the job I would have to say was to locate missing samples as they could be in various different places and/or departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was also looking for samples. However, this process can become very stressful when a sample is either lost or is hard to locate. At the same time finding samples can be great fun if the person likes a bit of detective works of sorts, which I enjoyed a lot.
Pros
Health benefits and 401K plan
Cons
Had to work in cold and very cold environments
Innovative industry leader. Great people to work with. Good benefits.
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2016
You are part of a team where hard work is rewarded. Client satisfaction is priority 1. The work process is geared to deliver highest quality test results to the client quickly and efficiently. Management welcomes employee suggestions that will improve the process or help employees do their job better. The challenge of networking with different departments and areas of expertise is perhaps the hardest part of the job; it is also the most enjoyable because you are dealing with dedicated co-workers who are concerned about each other as well as with the client.
Pros
Flexible work schedules. Clean, cheerful break rooms.
Very nice phlebotomists
PST Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 1, 2016
LabCorp is changing their culture. Now phlebotomists are the number one in the Managers list
Working for Lab Corp is a nice environment. Unfortunately for higher management, the general manager preferred to higher from the outside, when he had a very good team of supervisor that would have done a greater job
Good Company
biohazard custodian (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMay 31, 2016
I have very busy days, and I like them that way. The people are nice and so is the management. We were taught about everything about safety and thoroughly trained in everything that needed to be trained and certified in our field of work.
Amazing company with great benefits
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Multiple divisions nation wideMay 31, 2016
Your work day keeps you busy with an abundant amount of excess responsibilities yet with proper time management it is no issue. Coworkers work will with each other. The management teams depends on which division you are in. Lots of things go unnoticed and can be trying.
Pros
Benefits after 30 days
Cons
If you show your able they will quadruple your work load with no assistance
service rep great, sr service rep AWFUL
Sr service rep (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2016
Bottom line is if they ask you to be a senior service rep......DONT DO IT. it is generally $1 more an hour for an unbelievable amount of extra stress. A regular courier will run their set route at a set time, very easy. in the interview the allure of that extra $1 made me agree to a senior service rep position. basically that means for an extra dollar an hour you serve as a backup for all routes. if someone calls in or is on vacation you cover that route. only way to learn that route is ride with people who DO NOT want you in their car so they give horrible instruction on how to do their route, 2-3 days later you are on your own with a route that may have 60+ stops. They also tell you your hours will be 1-9p or something similar. That is never the case. some routes start at 10a done by 5p. Some start at 5p and don't end until 5a. You never know which route you are doing a day in advance. Often would start one route, only to be called and told I was to do another route for a call in and that route didn't start for another 5 hours, so you're stuck, not getting paid, waiting to start a different route. Bottom line, service rep is cake, easy job, free car, no pressure from management. Senior service reps are hounded with calls, no reliable schedule, tough routes, very stressful. Service rep to senior service rep should pay an absolute minimum of $5 more an hour for the stress entailed, however often it will only be A DOLLAR MORE. Expressed concern about getting routes that didn't end until 5a and not wanting to be a senior rep and just get a regular route, management told me to  more... just stick it out and they will reassess next year (because nobody wants to fill that position once you take it you are stuck, nobody else wants it) so I was forced to just quit. If I would have been given a set route id still be there.  less
Pros
Car, freedom
Cons
unsteady hours, long hours, hectic pace
Regional Phlebotomy Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 27, 2016
Great place to work!! Great company for advancement opportunity. I feel that the company is fair and consistent in their business.
Poor management / lazy coworkers
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 26, 2016
Nothing good to say they work you sometimes without getting a lunch. When you do get one you may be called back in to handle a patient. Short staffed most of the time as well as unfriendly coworkers and definitely favoritism given to certain people. Hard to get time off even when you put a request in months in advance stressful place to work!!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Job requirements
Oncology/AP -Specialist N. TX, OK, & AR (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2016
Responsible for the development and sales of Anatomical Pathology and clinical tests into multiple  specialties in the tri­state territory. Focused on nine specific call points and several specific tests which  include: oncology, infectious disease, dermatology, gastroenterology, surgery centers, endocrinology,  infertility, urology, and rheumatology.  I also assisted hospitals and doctor offices with setting up their  EMR and interfacing with Labcorps system so that they can order tests for their patients and also  quickly retrieve patient results/information.  I became very proficient with setting up EMR's
Great place to work athough their training system should be more organized
Patient Service Tech/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
• Packaging and tracking specimens for transport
• Taking and handling specimens for use in the fields of microbiology, immunology and pathology
• Responsible for performing venipuncture and capillary punches
• Processed all specimens daily
• Worked with pediatrics, geriatrics, etc.
• Ability to operate laboratory centrifuges
• Administering of vaccinations
Pros
nice environment
Cons
staff and fellow empoyees are kind of rude
Productive place to work
Pathology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 23, 2016
I learned a new computer program. The work was steady and I was able to work independently and as part of a team. I learned more medical terminology.
Pros
Breaks and lunches were given on time.
Cons
The work flow was unsteady. Sometimes it was alot and sometimes it was a small amount.
Don't do it!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 22, 2016
Nice co workers there not the issue. Training is a JOKE! They put you in a small cubicle and expect you to read this huge as company policies. Not talking one binder more like 5! Then watch training videos. Once you're all done and you go to your sight. You have to do 40 Blood draws. Training from anyone is all over the place. You get different answers from people. You have to learn 3 different computer systems. And you do everything yourself. If you work on Saturdays you work by yourself all day with a 30 minute lunch and no breaks! I have been a Phlebotomist for years. This company is a major let down. My Supervisor was trying to show off her skills. She used a Green Butterfly needle on the back of a gentleman's hand. You NEVER use a Green butter fly on the back of a hand, I ran far away after a few weeks of this.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything mentioned above
Lots of overtime and bad management
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2016
I worked at the LabCorp in Nashville, TN. It was a job. I hated the thought of going to work everyday. The pay was good but it was the most mismanaged place I have ever worked. I've never worked in a place where people argue everyday and called the supervisors names and threatened them. And nothing was ever done. I would never work there again, and don't ever get sick. You will get written up. This place in my opinion is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Poorly mismanaged
Do your research
Patient Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 21, 2016
Working here, the hours are great, the people you work with are amazing, but the pay and the way the company sees you is ridiculous. You are considered nothing but your ID number. When working with them, make sure when selecting insurance, choose long term disability just in case. Human Resource is just wrong and do not settle for the amount they are offering. Even with experience they still offer you low pay.. I could not complain more about the pay.. A multibillion dollar company and they treat their employees like numbers. Quick to fire, quick to replace you, quick to hire..!!! They are cheap as anything...!!! The company gives the supervisors $10.00-$12.00 for certain holidays and the supervisors basically stash the money for themselves. One year, the supervisor we had, gave us a card from the dollar store and a pack of betty crocker sugar cookie mix for christmas. BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Pros
great hours
Cons
everything else
fast past and lots of patient care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 19, 2016
Loved my job and the patient care, the pay was good but the management doesn't value its employees.There is a high turnover rate. Easy come easy go.
Pros
benefits, pay, hours
Cons
No respect for employees
I love working with people
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was working for the wonderful DRs and there patients for the last nine years. I like the job I do and love assisting patients in any way possible. My job stays interesting every day because each individual is so different personality and structure.
Pros
close to home and the hours
Big Corperation with many layers of bad management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 18, 2016
Very high pace office, very poor management, low wages, high turnover of employees more worried about meeting metrics than employees well being.
Pros
Hours
Overall a good place to work.
Histotechnician (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2016
I have been given the opportunity to grow and learn new skills in a challenging environment. Enjoy my job and the people I directly work with.
Call Center
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
A lot of Data entry trying to get the claims out for billing in a timely fashion. Then put on headset to call doctors or receive calls from provider if any billing issues
Pros
free lunches in regards to the holiday
Cons
no comments
Most enjoyable part of the Job
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients. I enjoyed being an encourager to those patients that were emotionally down because of their health issue. I also enjoyed training new co-workers.