LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,873 reviews matching the search
Laid back atmosphere
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 21, 2017
Typical day at work- You're pretty much on your own here, you come in, set up all the applications and guides you'll need for the day and begin working and stopping in between for breaks.

I've learned a lot about insurance and billing, HIPAA

Hardest part of the job was the constant change of management along with multiple changes in how the job was done.
labcorp
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Irmo, SCJanuary 21, 2017
A typical work day getting up early heading to work. Providing a service to patients. Drawing blood and collecting specimens from patients. Always learned something new especially when we had system updates. workplace culture everyone got along with everyone one of our sayings were "team work makes a dream work". hardest moment of the job sometimes have patients that didnt understand why they have a bill. the most enjoyable moments talk with my patients and building a awesome relationship.
They provide transfer opportunites within the company
In Office Phlebotomist (IOP) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2017
Typical day at work is often face paced.
You get to meet new people
You are responsible for each and every specimen that goes out to the main lab.
Pros
Annual Raises and Appraisals
Excellent Working Experience
Phlebotomist/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 19, 2017
At LabCorp, many duties ranges from collecting samples, process, order entry to shipping sample to the central lab. I enjoy getting to learn the many tools through our learning system and implementing new procedures at work.
Pros
Excellent
Enjoyed my time there
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 19, 2017
Great field of work experience rendered for those in the medical and healthcare industry. Poses a good environment to perform cross-training as per supervisory staff's permission.
Pros
The experience is great for growth and versatility with the workforce
Cons
Wages low
Great Company, Not So Great Management
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  SCJanuary 19, 2017
I work in a busy office setting, so there is always something to do. Management is alright and there is always room for improvement. The client setting that I am is isn't much to be desired and there are a long list of things that need to be addressed but since it's a major account for our area, a lot of things get swept under the rug. The hardest part of the job is the cultural differences and lack of communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and the m-f, 8-5 shifts.
Pros
pay, time off, decent benefits
Cons
area management, client's office politics, lack of communication
Poor work environment and poor management.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 18, 2017
There was no integrity or work ethic with the managers and district managers. The managers did not address the many concerns of my co-workers or myself. There were many serious issues that needed to be addressed that fell on deaf ears. The job site was on the verge of being shut down due to the work conditions. I have never worked for a company that is so disorganized and has no integrity.
Clean environment
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 18, 2017
As an 3rd shift employee, work was very steady. Few employees in lab. Supervisor was not reliable and made friends with employees and could not separate friendship from employees.When it come to raises and evaluation your pay was far below working high standards.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No room for growth
bad management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 18, 2017
I loved my job and my patients..however when it came down to someone sticking up for what was right...dont count on you manager of the region...they are cooperate and no matter how good of an employee you are they willl surely let you know who they are...sad to say they let me go over something they did not even look into...
Pros
patients
Cons
cooperate/managers
Great Place
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVJanuary 18, 2017
Been with the company close to 18 years. And I love it. I don't want to leave my company, but would so that I can relocate to Jacksonville or the Orange Park, Florida area.
An interesting mixture
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 17, 2017
Management is generally very understanding and will work with you, no matter what comes up at the last minute.

Compensation is overall fair. I think everyone wishes for a dollar or two more an hour.

Coworkers are almost all nerdy, which makes for a very fun (yet focused) atmosphere. The few bad apples are singular and far between.

The hardest part is working in the lab itself. Protective equipment gets damaged and you have to wait for the next shipment to come in, it can really damper your personal life to feel the need to go home and wash. And the occasional stress over how to finish enormous amounts of samples on one shift can be very difficult to cope with.
Pros
Adjustable hours
Cons
Stress
Good Benefits and Experience but long hours and stringent productivity requirements.
Accessioning Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Good Benefits and Experience but long hours and stringent productivity requirements make this an environment that causes a lot of turnover.

Also a night shift can take quite a lot of adjustment, and may not be something that one can maintain for an extended period of time as there are conflicts of work and life.
Pros
Experience is accelerated because of volume
Cons
Volume and employee shortage creates a strain on employees
Good Company or at least the potential is there
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2017
Could be a great company to work for if they cared about their people as much as they care about the numbers. I understand it's a business but take care of the ones working all the extra hours making those numbers happen. Playing favorites, discrimitory policy enforcement and being patronized by your supervisor doesn't add up to a good attitude. So if you want to make alot of money by working a bunch of overtime and you can keep your head down and avoid all the politics its a great job. Co-workers for the most part are good people. Management needs improvement.
Pros
Make alot of money if you want to work the hours. Good benefits
Cons
Too much overtime. Management
okay company to work for
Microbiology Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJJanuary 15, 2017
Not much room for advancement. Stable job, rarely lays off.
I wouldn't work here if I didn't have to.
Nothing more to say about this company but this stupid thing is asking for me so I'm typing BS
Pros
health benefits
Cons
wages
Very friendly staff/ Comfortable workplace
Phlebotomist/Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mercerville, NJJanuary 13, 2017
My time working at Labcorp was an enjoyable experience and it also gave me the confidence i needed to further myself deeper into the medical field.
Not great just ok.
Flow Cytometry Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 13, 2017
After being promoted. It took them 8 months to pay me with the right salary. Management has favoritism. Unfairly treatment and very unprofessional towards new graduates who were employed.
Poor pay and lots of drama.
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 13, 2017
Management needs a lot of improvement and employees need to be held accountable for their actions. Employees need more bedside manners and more training. I do not recommend working for LabCorp. It's low pay and you are treated poorly half the time. Lots of drama.
Pretty good if youre at a busy IOP site
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 12, 2017
I currently work at an IOP that is hardly busy, occasionally I will be sent to another IOP in town and I love working there, I always have something to do and am always busy. Currrent IOP is slow, maybe 3 patients a day. No supervisor on site and working alone so you have to be able to stick every patient without missing because you don't have another person to help. I like working for Labcorp I am just hoping that once my year employment is up I will be able to transfer to another site to be closer to family. One hour lunches are great. Benefits seem to be ok so far, no complaints.
Quality testing
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Great co-workers. Quality lab testing. Challenging environment. High paced days. High expectations of time required to be devoted to job.
Great place to get your start and even better for retirement
PST Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 12, 2017
I have worked for this company nearly 10 years and I could not have imagined the joy it would bring. I can appreciate how Labcorp thinks of its employees and values them. I have never worked for a more family oriented company and will continue to guide phlebotomists in their direction.
Pros
Great health insurance, flex spending plans, retirement plans
Cons
Short staffing in many areas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.