LabCorp
1,037 reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Very productive company with very little advancement and job security
Technologist Trainee (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free food, fun events such as company bingo, good personal leave
Cons: lower management
It's not that LabCorp is a bad company to work for, but rather all decisions that directly affect the workers on the floor are mainly made by supervisors. The problem with this is that supervisors have access to all of the worker's educational records (resumes/curriculum vitae), paycheck information (which should remain sealed, however I received my pay stub forcefully opened), and work reviews from previous supervisors. I noticed that after my pay stub was opened, that I never received my raises even though I was working harder than others in the laboratory. There is a lot of favoritism coming from supervisors to certain employees and sometimes if they deem you too intelligent or it looks like you are not struggling financially, then they may do things to make your job harder. Supervisors also tend to protect each other since they have been working together for a while, so if you have problems with 1 of them, then you technically have problems with ALL of them. This is why I rated the job culture so low. On the other hand, most of my co-workers on the same shift were excellent and easygoing.
very fun
Phlebotomy Externship (Former Employee), Houston,TxMay 21, 2015
I really loved LabCorp. It was a fun place and interested experience working with the public. Its a great start into my career.
Good comapny to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good hours, good supervisors
I collect blood samples from patients of all ages. Data entry, inventory, verify and fax orders with results. The two supervisors I've had, have been great to work with. The thing that I enjoy the most about my job would be bringing a smile to my patients. Most people don't enjoy having their blood drawn, but I make sure my patients have the least painful blood draw and that they leave with a smile.
very helpful
Phlebotomist (externship) (Former Employee), Levittown, NYMay 21, 2015
I draw blood, answer the phone, register patient in the computer, process the specimens to get them ready to send it to the main lab. co-workers are very helpful. always showing you the best to make you a better employee.
productive
Pathology/ Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 20, 2015
The typical day at work was walking in and starting your job. I have learned how to process specimens and troubleshoot problems. It is a team player environment. The hardest part is not completing the task.
very interesting work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: I had travel pay
Cons: I had no benefits
I liked working for LabCorp. It is a good company, and I worked for them for a long time.. I travel all of Texas and Louisiana collecting blood samples and collecting buccal swabs for DNA testing.
Productive for research and updated for new thing
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 17, 2015
Good place to work with the Student, teaching and research with students and been part of the management it was great, less volume work and more to learn and more conference call and meeting.
Busy and bad location
PST (Former Employee), AndersonMay 14, 2015
Pros: Day went by fast
Cons: Needed second person at front deask
Patients to worker ratio was to much. One person checking people in,checking insurance, ordering labs, taking people to back to draw labs and trying to ready for courier.Come back to front and have 7 or 8 people waiting on you. Makes a system that is set up to fail. Day went by really fast.
I learned I can only do what i can do. As fast as I can do it.
The hardest part if the job was trying to move as fast as i could and still placate the patients.
The mot enjoyable part of the job was the patients. They could see I was doing all I could do and for the most part remained patient.
Upbeat and efficient work place
Phlebotomist Externship (Former Employee), Bricktown, NJMay 13, 2015
100-150 patients were seen daily. I learned what tests go into what tubes. my co workers were amazing and very helpful. The hardest part was being able to manage so many patients at one time. But, the most enjoyable part of the job was being commended for doing a good job by a patient.
productive fun workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Camden, NJMay 13, 2015
great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good job! enjoyable job, I love it. excellent job. I love interacting with the patients. I have good work ethic, and integrity.
Fast paced, productive place to work.
Customer Service Support Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, NCMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free on-site gym
Cons: healthcare costs
Answering incoming calls from patients, insurance companies and physician offices. Scheduling appointments, collecting payments and researching billing issues are a few functions of this job. The hardest part of the job is having a goal of time you spend helping the callers when it may require more time than is allowed. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people with their billing.
Good Company, good benefits
Supervisor Front End Systems/Specimen Processing (Current Employee), Cranford, NJMay 9, 2015
Busy, fast past Lab environment. Management and co workers care about patients and results. Very productive enviroment
Great Company
Phlebotomy technician (Former Employee), Apple Valley, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent Company
Cons: Poor management
Zero confidentiality. Everything based on a he said she said and ran like a high school. The zero tolerance retaliation policy is not enforced. This review is only towards the high desert (victorville, Apple Valley) region.
Great company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 9, 2015
Well established corporation with excellent benefits, paid holidays and time off. Fun employee activities and incentives. Flexible schedules. Friendly coworkers. Repetitive and tedious work with daily goals that must be met.
Medical Billling
Accounts Receivable Specialists (Former Employee), Muncie, INMay 8, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for
Cons: Business decision to outsource department which elimated my position
Learned multiple computer systems. Multi-tasking: On any day could be working on one project and due to priority needs would need to stop and switch to another project which was on another billing computer system. Worked some projects as a team. Other projects were done just my me. Used customer service skills over the phone by calling insurance companies and by calling our referring doctors/clients for missing information or payment. Dependable to be at work every day and on time. Dedicated to doing my best at any task.
ok job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), clanton alMay 5, 2015
it is a great place to work for. a lot of room for advancement. great hours that you can be able to be home with family. great staff to work with.
Extern
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMay 4, 2015
I cant really give a good review. LabCorp was my extern site. Over all the company would be a nice place to work, with plenty of opportunities to utilize your skills as a phlebotomist.
Traveling phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 4, 2015
Pros: Love working in the lab
Cons: Fires employees for medical reasons and then lies about why or that they were even notified
I liked the job and traveling to draw blood. My day consisted of going in to the lab and gathering my vials for the day's draws and getting the requisitions for the day. I traveled around North Eastern Oklahoma to the Grandlake Mental Health facilities drawing their patients. When I wasn't traveling I was in the lab drawing blood.

I found out I was pregnant three months into working there and had to beg to go to the doctor and my physician had to call my work demanding I come in due to me being a high risk due to medical conditions.

The physician took me off work and put me on leave. I called to go back to work as soon as the baby was born and told I no longer had a job. I was told that I was notified by certified letter which I would have to sign for and never did.

My personal belongings were not returned either.
Lab Accessioning Technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2015
A great place to work. Long hours in certain departments. Room for advancement. You could learn a lot if you are furthering your education in this field.
Phlebotomy Supervisor/Regional Safety Officer (Current Employee), Asheville, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Limited opportunity to move up
Labcorp is an excellent company to work for. Benefits and pay are competitive. The job requires great people skills, organization, and dedication.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries