LabCorp

Found 1,235 reviews matching the search
Great Retirement
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 29, 2015
Easy going environment.
Your allowed to be a self starter.
You are motivated.
Learn something new everyday.
Very hands on.
Pros
Feexible
Cons
Floating
A typical day at work is heavy workload and short staff.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 27, 2015
If you want job security this is the place to work.Lab corp is still growing and taking over small labs.People come and go due to heavy workload.
Productive workplace
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 27, 2015
Job is very complex but easy to handle if you can attention to detail. The hardest part for most is keeping up with production, not hard just have to be focused.
LabCorp is a great company to work for
Patient Service Tecnician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 26, 2015
LabCorp offers Benefits and Job Security to Its employees.
Very Good Company to work for. I have been with the company for more than 10 years.
Productive and fun place to work
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2015
I processed laboratory specimens. I entered billing information, updated patient demographics. Was a team lead in my cytology department.
Pros
laid back
Cons
none at all
Reliable positive friendly employee that loves what she does
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2015
makes a positive outcome into a negative always looking to help and looking to achieve and perform above and beyond. time management and delegating has always being a challenge as I like thing organized and always setting goals for myself. A company always go with great customer service and communication and I always exceed.
Enjoyable
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJOctober 22, 2015
Have a great time expanding my interests in the medical field and understanding the how it works. Management can be difficult at times as far as quota is concerned but it is still manageable.
Pros
flexible
Cons
short breaks
For hardworking and committed workers only
Support Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaOctober 22, 2015
I see many reviews completely bashing LabCorp and marking them as the worst company to work for. As an employee of many years I can honestly tell you that you get what you put in. If you are unable to apply yourself and take a job seriously then this company is not for you. We train and mentor for future leaders. This can be an easy job if you are willing to work. Advancement opportunities are always available if you show initiative.
Pros
Great moral and team work for most branches/departments, leadership mentoring and training opportunities for everyone
Cons
Turn over rate due to lack of serious employees
Potiental to be a great company
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAOctober 21, 2015
Lapcorp was good experience but as far as pay and valuing their employees; this is not a good company to work for. they start you off below what the average is that similar jobs pay and you barely get a raise. and you don't get extra pay for working over night
High expectations, low compensation
Client Services (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
Upper management has extreme expectations of employees because they are always understaffed. A hostile work environment with low pay and poor benefits does not lead to a ton of employee retention.
Pros
Free personal lab testing
Cons
Poor compensation, micromanaging
Caring and responsive to associates needs
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 20, 2015
Busy and challenging place to work and learn.
I learned many new skills and refreshed some old ones. I enjoyed my time there and networking with other techs.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
long hours and over time
Tons of work with lots overtime.
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 20, 2015
Although there is job security, there is a heavy work load with plenty overtime. Some of the management is inexperience.
Wonderful company to be apart of.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, VAOctober 19, 2015
I work for a great company inside a private doctors office and I thoroughly enjoy my day with the patients and my co workers.
productive and fun place to work
Lab Technician/Courier (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 18, 2015
productive and fun place to work. Co-workers are extrememly helpful and management guaranteed to benefit well being of employers. I would recommend this place of work to anyone desiring generous compnay of others.
n/a
Human Resources Consultant/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 18, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues, growing with the organization and continually learning new things.
Very busy, fast paced environment
Reference Test Clerk (Current Employee) –  Raritan, NJOctober 17, 2015
Large company with some room to grow. Very busy and Fast paced. Very diverse and competitive. Good for medical background.
hectic work inviorment very fast paste
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 15, 2015
a typical work, my coworker and I would see up to 100 patients a day. Draw blood, perform drug screens, and DNA testing. We barely took breaks because of the fast paste work environment. Processing the blood was my favorite thing to do. While being employed there I learned more about being a team player, working with patients who were not really friendly and learned how to maintain composure to stressful situations.
Pros
excellent experience
Cons
barely took breaks.
typical work day
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAOctober 15, 2015
Come into work and I always make sure to greet my coworkers. Clock in and check to see if I have any work ready for me at the time. Log into my computer and open up my cash register. I check my email and any messages from my boss or any information that I may need to know of. I like my work but it consist of mostly the same thing day in and out. I usually wait for orders to complete a job. The hardest part of my job is making the patient understand the in' and outs with there insurance. There is nothing that is too hard about my job. I enjoy my co workers. I like the patient care the best.
Pros
free lunches and 1 hour lunches
Cons
no coverage
good place to work for in the healthcare industry
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 14, 2015
I'm responsible for sales support functions for our whole Southeast Division.I mainly work to prepare reports on Excel as well as other support functions. My manager is very fair and and I am able to work at my own leisure as long as I complete deadlines. The days are usually busy, but I prefer that because it makes the days go by faster.
Pros
no micromanagement, free lab work for employees
Cons
little community involvement, insurance
labcorp is a great company
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 14, 2015
I love this company It is a exciting company to gain from. I love working with the patients the only dislike I have about the infant patients is hating to have to draw blood from them and make them cry ,but they have huge smiles on their faces from the wonderful sticker collection that we give them upon their service.