LabCorp
1,037 reviews

LabCorp Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work.
Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 4, 2015
Management was not the greatest. It was hard to keep employees due to either getting fired or quitting. Some colleagues had a hard time getting along with each other due to a lot of gossip going on.
It's a job
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, time off when needed there's no hassle about it.Weekends and major holiday's off.
Cons: Co worker's are not friendly at all.
I'm not sure about other Lab Corp department's but,the Billing department would be a great department to work for if it was more diverse. The people make the department hard to work for.They are more concerned about who said hi than productivity. The billing department is like high school all over again....should I say more.......
Healthcare Billing Specialist
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2015
I entered patient billing and I was a ICD-9 Coder. I really enjoyed working here. Got along well with my co-workers. We worked as a team.
Management communicated well with staff.
sstable job
PATIENT SERVICE TECH/PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Bountiful, UTMay 1, 2015
management plays favorites, you will only advance and get days off etc. if the bosses like you and dont feel threatened by you.
work
Supervisor /Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Rockville MDMay 1, 2015
Typical day will include handling issues with employees . Working as a Phlebotomist as well and with handling Patient complaints .
A lot of hard hours.
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee), Earth City, MOApril 30, 2015
It reminds me of a factory setting. The work is all about reaching production goals. Sometimes the hours are out of control. A lot of mandatory overtime. Overall, it is a solid, decent job. The pay is fair.
Learned A Lot
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Worked 3rd Shiift
Cons: Now I work night shifts
It was fast paced. Knee (middle meniscus) decided to retire itself. The company wasn't quite understanding why I had to be out on disability for 5 months.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEM!! Unfair employer overworked for the pay
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 28, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: everything
I worked for Labcorp after the merger I am white and I feel like the minority. managers do have favorites. You work through lunch 2-3 days a week. You don't ever get a lunch. The supervisor treat you like a float you don't get paid as a float you can go to any unit in the Montgomery area. There are so many lazy techs in this company and they get away with not following policy. And the ones that do follow policy they can get rid of you the next day if they don't like you. I've seen people misidentify tubes not process specimens the correct way throw out a specimen because They did something wrong you can tell your supervisor and regardless they do nothing about it because they have favorites however they will get rid of who they want to get rid of if you complain about another employee or if you refuse to float for them. Etc. Do not make a mistake for working for this company because it is the biggest one at this time with all these mistakes they will be losing the Blue Cross contract before you know it. If you don't believe me research the company and all of the lawsuits against it. The supervisor for this territory is new very u organized and a very unfair person. The corporate office has no idea how their small units work. Once you are terminated from this company they won't even listen to a complaint
If you are the type of person that devote their life to working this will be for you!
specimen accessioner (Former Employee), Saint PaulApril 28, 2015
Pros: worked 3rd shift so there was hardly any supervisor/managers around
Cons: The management and people kissing butts!
The job is repetitive and easy but people will make it seem harder than what it is. There was two trainer and both taught things VERY differently! You never really know if you are doing things the right way. I had a awesome supervisor but he was scared to speak up to the other supervisors so when there was a complaint it never went anywhere. There was a few nice coworkers but a lot of them were jealous and or very bossy! You have to be able to work OVERTIME every day! Some days it's 10 hours or more! I was a full time student so that was even worst! I hated how you had to pick up other people's slack or else you couldn't go home.
Good Benefits
Support Services Supervisor (Current Employee), MissouriApril 27, 2015
This is one of the best vacation benefits you will ever find. It does take awhile to move up and typically someone has to die for you to advance.
My personal Review
IT Mainframe and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCApril 27, 2015
Pros: It is in the area.
Cons: Not good paying jobs
LABCORP is not a bad company, but is slow in doing things and even the hiring process takes too much time. Most of the openings are Night Shifts.
work with wonderful doctors and staff also have lots of parties
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 27, 2015
a typical day at labcorp/medstar is over all the busiest doctor office with a lab inside. You would learn what type of people you'll be dealing
with before drawing blood. The management team are awesome and wouldn't trade either of them and my co-workers are wonderful also, so really don't any complaints about either management team. The hardest part about my job is really "nothing". Most enjoyable thing about my job is just coming to a great team.
career
Service Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDApril 27, 2015
Pros: Company car with gas and maintance card.
Cons: n/a
Enjoyed working here and serving the greater Baltimore and County areas. Traveling to Clinics, Dr. Offices, Hospital and Nursing Homes collecting urine specimen.
Productive work atmosphere.
Phlebotomist Supervisor (Current Employee), NCApril 25, 2015
Enjoy working with a diverse group of people and management!
.....................................................
Very daunting work environment.
Cytology Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), TXApril 23, 2015
Always short on staff and the work load expected by the employer was almost near impossible. Instruments were always broke which inhibited your ability to meet production requirements. Supervisors micro-manage to the point it felt like I was in grade school. This company was not so pleasant to work for and I would not work for this company again.
Fast Paced environment
Specialty Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVApril 23, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Ineffective management, incompetent employees
Although there were aspects about this job I enjoyed, I would have to say that management was not very good at Labcorp. Managers had certain employees as their "favorites" and these employees got away with a lot of things that others were disciplined for. There were some employees that blatantly violated company policies and were never disciplined or terminated. One employee threw away a patient's processed cytology slide/specimen because it broke in the converslipper. Instead of processing and remaking the slide, she just threw it away in the sharps container. This patient may have had a serious medical condition, but because this employee threw away the specimen and failed to make another one, the patient didn't get their results and had to make another appointment with their healthcare provider and submit another sample for processing. This costs money and time for the patient and also for the healthcare provider. This employee was never disciplined or terminated. And this employee not only committed this same violation once, but twice! The employee is still employed with Labcorp and does not do her job half of the time she is there. Therefore, I cannot give this company a good review. They look the other way on some employees, and then terminate other employees who commit a minor infraction (or if it is someone they dislike).
Fun people to work with... but the work is boring
Reference Test Clerk (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: awesome people, good benefits
Cons: boring, dead end
I love the people I work with.. they are amazing! The job itself is boring and not a challenge. If you're looking for a job to push your limits this is not it. There is room for advancement but it will require you to move to a different city or state. There is no room to advance within the local branch. This job does allow you work alone most of the day and the management on the local level is great. One downside is the Saturday rotation. The dept I'm in is small so it works out to every other to every three Saturdays.
Working and Fun
Plebotomist/Patient Service Tech (Current Employee), Itasca, ILApril 20, 2015
A typical day is drawing blood, ordering test, specimen processing and closing down the lab at the end of he work day.

I mostly enjoy working with the patients, being there for them and providing a service for them.
Phlebotomist Technician
Rep. Phlebotomist Services (Former Employee), Clifton, NJApril 19, 2015
Performance blood work a least 40-50 patients each day. by venipunture,finger stick and heel stick, collecting,handle and processing, data entry demografic patient information
Productive and fun place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 17, 2015
Pleasant and friendly staff, wonderful place to work, they make it easy to move up within the company, great management.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Salaries