LabCorp Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2017
Typically every day is a busy day and I got too much experience by working in such busy lab with a lot of specimens and tests.
Workplace culture is almost friendly.
none at this time
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2017
I love the company that employs me and am not able to fully give a review of it at this time. I am not comfortable reviewing when still employed. Thank you.
a balance workplace sometimes an easy day and sometimes cut throat
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMIST TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CANovember 3, 2017
employees are very friendly .a great sense of camaraderie
supervisors are great and easy to work with
patients are nice and friendly most of the time.
its a great company to enhance drawing skills (its always busy)
with all its pros and cons (w/c all company usually do)
OVERALL ITS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
North Central Divsion
PHLEBOTOMY TEAM LEAD/PST (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 2, 2017
Many years at LabCorp I have not complaints. Worked with wonderful people. Excellent Phlebotomy supervisors. The hardest part of the job was finding people that wanted to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with people that truly care about seeing a person advance within the company.
Pros
Pays more than Quest
Cons
Sales department "suck"
One of my least favorite labs
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, KYNovember 2, 2017
You will definitely feel undervalued and taken advantage of at LabCorp. There is lack of room for advancement, pay is not what it should be, health insurance is over priced.
workplace culture
PHLEBOTOMIST/FRONT DESK (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 2, 2017
• Providing excellent and professional customer service; greeting patients and directing them appropriately
• In charge of scanning, photocopying, faxing and mailing important documents
• Greeting visitors, patients and families in a friendly professional manner
• Handling an efficient patient flow through the registration process
• Responsible for providing 100 percent to the best of my capability to patient satisfaction
• Evaluating the correct insurances and demographics of the patient
• Aware of all HIPPA and OSHA regulations
• Provide venipuncture and heel stick blood collection for exams, screening, testing, and follow-up testing
• Proper running and collecting of the H. Pylori test in breathing blood and stool samples
• Documenting information such as callbacks and tests performed or not performed in the logbook
• Served an estimate of 6000 patients during the last 10 months in different group ages: adults, children and newborn
• Order supplies, maintain, and rotate stock on monthly basis
• Cashier: Taking money from uninsured patients before any type of test is performed
Transitional
Database Coor, Client Serv Rep,Support Ser Spvsr (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 1, 2017
There was a lot of turnover and changes within the company and there were times when security was uncertain and jobs were lost and employees replaced,
benefits
Cons
stressful
Great company, Good atmosphere
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 1, 2017
Great culture, lovely benefits and PLB options. Healthcare billing is a production based job so it can become stressful if you aren't meeting production standards. As a healthcare billing specialist the pay was low, and at the Greensboro location it isn't as much room for advancement. However at the other locations the pay is typically higher, and opportunity for advancement is greater. I never had any issues with management.
Benefits
Cons
Production based job, must meet production standards, Pay
ok place to work at
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2017
Metrics are easy to meet but the competition pays a little better. The bosses are very nice and crazy working hours, is a lab after all though, enough time off to go to school.
Pros
nice bosses, good benefit
Cons
low waiges
Stay busy
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 31, 2017
I always had the opportunity to work and apply the knowledge I learned in my education. There was little room for advancement, but if you could find a position you enjoyed it was beneficial.
Very productive, fast pace environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2017
I really love my job with labcorp. The patients are very friendly I have yet to come across a rude patient. The only thing i really don't like is management. My supervisor would hardly call me to see how things are going, or if i ever needed anything (supplies wise).
Poor Leadership
Regional Manager of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2017
LabCorp has potential to be a great organization. Current leadership is more interested in cutting corners rather than investing in the organization. Each division is run differently and some are much better than others but Mid-America is probably the worst in terms of company culture and career development.
Pros
Cons
Read review
Horrible place
Lab Assistant -Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2017
Worst job I ever had and worst supervisor I ever had in my life he was incompetent and made up for it by making other people do his job and then would yell at them if it wasn’t stellar even though it wasn’t their responsibility
10/10 would work there again
Phlebotomy Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 30, 2017
I was an unpaid intern and learned so much in just 80 hours. the fast paced environment kept me on my feet and gave me the experience to master my phlebotomy skills. I just wish they had an opening to hire me full time, like they said they would. Working there was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I wish I could go back and get paid. But the knowledge I gained was worth 2 full weeks of no pay, by far. The experience was truly priceless. But I was told by other workers there that the pay wasn't to great even for employees who have been there for a good period of time. all in all, I would definitely work there if i find an opening!
Pros
Positive staff and manager.
Cons
It was really hot, the supervisor kept it the temperature over 72 degrees in September, I was always sweating and wore multiple layers each day
Labcorp in Central Texas is Not Good
Patient Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 30, 2017
The management at Labcorp in Central Texas is terrible. They pit employees against each other and even have them spy for them. The management doesn't care for their employees. You are told you will work in one place and then they move you to another place and then threaten you with firing if you complain.
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAOctober 30, 2017
Labcorp is an awesome place to work you learn so much and there is plenty to do I thought I had a weak stomach until working there and realized my stomach is not as weak as I thought the management was pretty good
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and competitive workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Alamo, CAOctober 30, 2017
At work every day is a challenge. The most I enjoy is help customers. I have the passion to do my job. LabCorp respect their employees and you can grow in this company.
Pros
sunday off
Interesting
Healthcare Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 29, 2017
Good company to work for. Been there for two years and still there. Love the free lab testing. Three corporate locations to choose from. Great people to work with.
Pros
Free lab testing
Good memories
VP of Finance and Business Controller (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCOctober 29, 2017
I fast growing and a very successful company. Provided opportunities for grows at all levels of organization. I would come back to work for them again.
job review
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Beverly, WVOctober 28, 2017
i love labcorp, i enjoyed my patient interactions and my patients liked me because i had gained there trust. I truely love that job. I learned to multi-task, manage supplies, the hardest part of the job was keeping up with all ceu's but i kept up.
Pros
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.