LabCorp Employee Reviews

Found 1,866 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 2, 2016
Productive and fun workplace to be, take good care of their employee, management is on top, I will recommend to anyone. Ability to grow within the company, offers great benefits
Amazing company with great benefits
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Multiple divisions nation wideMay 31, 2016
Your work day keeps you busy with an abundant amount of excess responsibilities yet with proper time management it is no issue. Coworkers work will with each other. The management teams depends on which division you are in. Lots of things go unnoticed and can be trying.
Pros
Benefits after 30 days
Cons
If you show your able they will quadruple your work load with no assistance
Good company but low pay rate
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
It's great opportunity for entry level positions. Pretty good benefits. Department manager in Billing was awesome. Learn billing and insurance from different regions. Typical day was busy. The hardest part was the phone call.
Pros
Steady work flow and team players
Cons
Layoff -Department relocated out of state.
Unrewarding, boring, too high of expectations
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eatonville, WAJune 7, 2016
Work for a subsidiary for Labcorp. Low on staff in dept, but treated like cattle. No one around to answer questions. Terrible management. Communication sucks. Corporate doesn't care.
Pros
Holiday's
Cons
poor (expensive) healthcare, poor raises, no rewards
productive and fun work place
Technician Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 25, 2016
I love the job but there is no room for advancement. A lot unprofessional workers. And just not a fair place. some people work and others do not.
Pros
weekly pay, great pay
Cons
expensive benefits
Excellant place to work
Patient Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 23, 2016
Great Benefits. Management has great training. Whole organization is professional. Great pay. I work in a Physician's office with an employee from another Lab. We work in harmony.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaged
If you like feeling like your replaceable great place to work!
Specimen Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAOctober 17, 2016
A typical day at Labcorp you clock in at your station, there will be work waiting for you right at your station. Once your day start you pretty much sit there while your work basket continuously get fill with no time for you to be able to take a breather unless your using the restroom. Management is horrible, no type of communication!!!

Also Labcorp can careless about you, your health, or needs. Quick to give write-ups no matter what worker circumstance might be. You can have a letter that you were in the ER and you still will get a writer up, great way to show your employees you care about them. Worker are made to feel like they're nothing but a number and can easily be replace at anytime. The harder you perform the more they push for more from you.

Labcorp is all about numbers!!
Pros
You do get most weekend off unless its your mandatory weekend to work.
Cons
The shift
Not a bad place to work
Senior EDI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bristol, PAJuly 10, 2016
The benefits could be better for the hoops we have to jump through for discounts. Aside from that I can't complain. Vacation time is plentiful, 3.5 weeks after 90 days.
Fits into your everyday life schedule
Laboratory Assistant (Special Chemistry) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 26, 2016
Job was pretty good. I have no complaints. Good benefits, good pay flexible hours, especially if you have kids and work over night. Plenty of overtime if you need it.
Avoid at all costs
"Specimen processor" (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 28, 2016
Horrible treatment of employees, business practices similar to a sweat shop, lower than national average pay, extremely poor training (generally consists of not being trained then being yelled at when making logical deductions that turn out to be incorrect) and high turnover. Management intentionally misleads potential employees about number of hours in a regular shift and job duties. Be certain of this, your every waking hour will be consumed by this job. The hardest part of the job is the constant lies from management, the most enjoyable is going home at the end of the day.
Cons
Short breaks, useless insurance, no time off, 11+ hr shifts.
not a positive work environment
Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 25, 2017
There is not much chance for advancement. There is not enough locations. The management is not involved with employees and there is not much job security.
Pros
somewhat flexible schedule
Cons
not much chance for advancement
secure job,no room to move up
Reference Test Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2016
Very easy work and enjoyable for the most part. Must be able to adjust to changes,the job is always finding new ways to improve on your daily tasks and responsibilities. Promotions are not giving out fairly,management makes the job more stressful than what it has to be. I would suggest this job for someone who wants to collect a check and does not care about advancing at their jo.
fast past and lots of patient care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 19, 2016
Loved my job and the patient care, the pay was good but the management doesn't value its employees.There is a high turnover rate. Easy come easy go.
Pros
benefits, pay, hours
Cons
No respect for employees
Stressful place to work!
Patient Service Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 20, 2016
Understaffed since the day I started! Very difficult to get any days off even though you have vacation time. Pay is minimal, especially when you are doing the work of two people consistently due to shortages. Management rarely answers the phone for any questions we need answered and avoids us at all costs! Easy work when fully staffed but that is a rare occurence! Look elsewhere for work this company does not care about employees! Bad employees are not fired ever and make work for others ten times as hard! This job will suck the life right out of you!
Pros
Hours
Cons
Understaffed and underpayed
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2016
I worked with the company for many years in various jobs starting from low to mid level jobs. I put my heart and soul into doing a great job and giving everyone the customer service they deserved. The company only is interested in quota/ calls per shift and not quality service to the customer. I learned a lot,got good reviews but management is only interested in you making your quota so they can get their bonus or good job from their higher ups. 100 plus calls per day is what is required if you are taking in bound calls. Management is constantly looking over your shoulder and hounding you to take more calls,do more,and listening in on your calls. run..... dont walk from this company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
too many to mention
Very poor management
Patient Service Technician/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 10, 2016
My experience in working with Labcorp started out great. In fact, I strongly believe this is a wonderful company to work for. The pay is great for the work required to be done and the benefits are very good as well. However, when I went through management change I discovered how terrible Phlebotomy supervisors can treat their staff. My supervisor was by far the most lazy, incompetent, discriminating person I have ever worked with. She was never proactive in relaying important information to her staff. I could never get in touch with her when I would call. Attempting to email, text or any other electronic communication would never yield a response. She based all of her decisions strictly on her employees she favored and had worked with for several years.
Additionally I would like to add that I was terminated from this job because I became unconscious with a blood pressure of 62/32 and pulse rate of 30 and was unable to call my supervisor and let her know that I was potentially on the verge of death. Instead of trying to obtain additional information about my well being she decided to just fire me the following week because I "broke policy: by not giving her a phone call while in my stasis.
Pros
Good pay, incentive pay, good health benefits
Cons
Potentially over powered supervisors
Productive , Good opportunity and fun
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at Lab Corp I would describe as being very quiet and likable. I would just check in patients and exhort them to a private room to take there sample of blood. Making sure to draw blood in the correct order of draw and being safe. The co workers and management were very friendly. The job over all was enjoyable because Phlebotomy is something I really enjoy doing. I learned a lot as far as how Lab Corp run there businesses. It was a pretty easy job for me and I would really love for this to be a career for me.
Company has had a lot of changes /currently
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 15, 2016
This company has had alot of problems with management and people leaving or getting downsized ; Lab Work was processed in Kansas City , Mo. and should be done in house but not enough room for processing large amounts of patient information and lab specimens just couriers and delivery of supplies to clinics and doctors office's . Thanks.
Pros
Good Place to start getting experience/Medical Lab Work
Cons
Management sometimes not helpful when problems occur
over worked
Specimen Accessioner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 15, 2016
work long hours everyday five to six days a week but you get use to it some days. really short staffed in the department thats it
Service Representative (Courier)
Courier (Current Employee) –  Bristol, TNOctober 7, 2016
Love the job and most of my co-workers. I like the management, however we have manager issues. Our branch manager avoids helping run routes (but has on a few occasions in my tenure) or accession (has never done this in my tenure) by working employees into overtime. It also seems the branch manager doesn't spend a full 40 hour work week at the branch and "works from home" often and leaves employees in a position of making decisions for themselves.
Pros
Free lab work, option to use work vehicle for personal use
Cons
Expensive insurance, Branch manager works employees into overtime to avoid duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabCorp. Our community is ready to answer.