LabCorp

LabCorp Employer Reviews

Very friendly and safe workplace
Laboratory Technologist Trainee (Current Employee), Durham,NCSeptember 6, 2014
Very friendly and safe workplace. my co workers are awesome and my supervisor is always ready to help.
A good company in the industry
Cytogenetic Technologist in Molecular Genetics (Current Employee), Brentwood, TNSeptember 6, 2014
A good company in the industry. reasonable work load with reasonable pay.
Prepped all departments on site
Lab Assistant for Quality Control Department (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMSeptember 6, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I usually did my own thing without supervision but made sure everything was in order and ready to go for all labs.
Not what it's hyped up to be
PST (Current Employee), VirginiaSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
I thought I would love working with LabCorp.. I absolutely hate it. I absolutely made an mistake by leaving my previous job to work here. I didn't heed the warning signs when I accepted the position. Everything has been unorganized from the acceptance of the position to now. Let's just say I just started and am already searching for another job. The – more... faster the better. – less
Very fast paced and overall great place to work
Specimen Accessioner-Administrative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 4, 2014
Teamwork always gets the job done on time
Coworkers treat everyone like family
Paying attention to detail is a must
production
Revenue Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Customer Service, balancing drawer and office. Training new hire, assisting customer with money orders, checks. Making daily deposits.
Friendly workplace that did a great job of abiding to OSHA regulations.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 2, 2014
The co-workers there were very friendly. The company was lab-based and was segmented into different departments. Each department functioned well in their own respects. There were times when the departments came together for social gatherings, which was really a great opportunity to get to know other employees. It was an overall good experience.
Unprofessional, Poor management
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Tri City Area, VirginiaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: compensation, management, organization sucks
LabCorp would be a good company to work for IF you fired ALL management and HR!! They dont care for their employees, and truthfully their patients either.

There have been times that we've worked with 2 staff members seeing 125 people, this includes drug screens and paternities...WITH NO LUNCH BREAK!! They hark about overtime, not wanting you to get – more... any..however, they dont provide the staff to avoid doing so. There have been times that my pay is completely messed up....and what does management say? You'll get it next pay period, i was unaware that you worked. How do you not know your employees schedules when you make it. They want you to work weekends, saying that it is a regular work day but they forget to pay you. Employees have deaths in families and when you call in, they say?? " You know thats a write up"... Where is the compassion? & understanding? The compensation SUCKS!!! Also, when trying to get in contact with your "GM"..HA! Good luck! He's a ghost. There is no email and /or phone number. They want you to constantly get "credit card captures"..EVEN if the patient has medicare or MEDICAID!! The supervisor is extremely rude. What supervisor curses about patients and/or other things to you. AND talks to you like a child.

Bottom line... if you would like to work for a company that is well organized, respectable, understanding, compensates well...spend your time applying elsewhere. – less
Assistant Manual Chemistry manager
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILAugust 30, 2014
Pros: excellent rapport with my team, encouraging new sales techniques, and stressing how important it was to understand all products, & billing info we were selling.
Cons: disorganization during a merge with another corporation
I excelled in sales in an "open territory" because I was creative and patient. I did in depth research about our products, and always mentioned our relationship with Roche Corp. I continued to develop relationships with possible new business while continuing to manage ongoing accounts.
Great way to help patients
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLAugust 30, 2014
Fast paced with heavy workflow
Phlebotomy is a great tool for the medical field
Very diverse employee list
Takes a lot of patience
Make people feel great
good lab to work for
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYAugust 28, 2014
My departement is very flexible with hwlp me balance my famyly life. I learned a lot as a team leader how to interact with different personaliries.
Rewarding career as a Phlebotomist
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 27, 2014
Worked as a float phlebotomist and ended in Physician's office. Would rather do something unrelated to healthcare at this time.
All over the place with no organization.
Patient Service Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 27, 2014
Pros: no micro-managing
Cons: the company does not value and appreciate the collection staff
This company will place employees any and everywhere. There is no training being done on staff that is hired. You are thrown into doctor offices, and treatment centers with no knowledge of the inner workings, and functions of the position. A lot of times you will be by yourself and have to have strong organizational and multi-tasking skills. Every three – more... weeks you are required to work six days in the week without collecting overtime. Their benefits are over priced and eat a large chunk out of every check. The insurance that you pay high premiums on does not cover much of the medical costs requiring you to pay high copays, you must do many programs to recieve a reduction in premiums (which is not by much). Some of the supervisors are wonderful, too bad the company is so horrible to their employees. – less
outpatient facility
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: monday through friday
Cons: management, not enough of a raise.
very busy place from all the doctors offices around the area
Phlebotomy Externship
PHLEBOTOMY EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great work atmosphere and work shcedule.
Cons: pay
My review is based on my observations during a month long externship.
very productive
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, great people
Cons: short breaks
I really enjoy working for labcorp,it teaches you alot of things
We have snibbles for Birthdays each month...play games..
Administrative Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Graham, NCAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good benefits and plb -time off..
Cons: production. making mistakes as counted as an occurrence.
At work on each day I start off sorting through faxes. Each new morning there is something different that I may do. For example, we have 5 fax machines we have to keep filled up with paper. If one of the machines break down there is a repair man that has to be called to fix it. They usually let us know what the problem is so we will know what to look – more... for. If there is too much work coming off of the fax machines especially on a Monday-which is an extremely busy day, my supervisor and/or teamlead will help me out. I enjoy working with the people in my department. We all pull together as a team in many ways. I enjoy my job most days because I am highly energetic and I like being able to do different various things through the day. in closing, there is another co worker that I work with that helps out with sorting the faxes. What makes it difficult is when there is more work than both of us can do in a day. – less
Fast paced environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 24, 2014
Fast paced, never a dull moment. Typically full time, will perform venipunctures and butterflies. Over 100 patients per day. Co-workers are nice as long as you know what to do.
stable job
Certified Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
-We have to draw more than 100 patients daily, pack and deliver the samples to Tampa and restock and clean the stations .
- Management and coworkers are ok.
- The hardest part when a patient faints.
- The most enjoyable part is when people recognize and value your job.
Productive and Great Entry Level
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Elon, NCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great opportunities to advance in all entry levels
LabCorp is a great company to work for. Working there gives you great opportunities for entry level in various departments in the lab.

About LabCorp

LabCorp provides leading-edge medical laboratory tests and services through a national network of primary clinical laboratories – Read more

LabCorp Photos