At LabMinds, we are about to disrupt how work is done in laboratories by reducing complexity at the user and hardware end by employing cutting edge intelligent robotics/mechatronics solutions.
Our products will be used in more than half a million laboratories by people fighting diseases, sequencing DNA, checking patient health, controlling food & drink quality or solving crimes just to name a few.
We are looking for a highly self-driven and motivated technologist who can envision, architect and implement core software, and is always willing to go the extra mile for delivering quality work.
We have raised Series A funding and are currently developing our platform technology into a shippable product in form of a joint venture with industrial partners.
You will join our R&D team and you will contribute to the overall direction and success of the company and our product range. Join us in building a fun, intelligent and encouraging work environment that will enable us to reinvent how work is done inside and outside of Life Sciences.
- Experience in working with teams of 3 or greater.
- Developed web applications with considerable security aspects to them
- Knowledgeable with numerous frameworks and web technologies and their trade-offs
- Proven experience in estimating, planning, designing, and implementing n-tier software architectures and solutions
- Experience in start up environment or fast-moving, dynamic established software company
- Software architect with a track record of developing scalable server side solutions using open source technologies (python, django, amazon web services)
- Senior to expert programming skill level for at least two of the following languages: Java / Scala, objective-C, Python
- Good understanding of State Machines
- Excellent database skills – the system will manage enormous amounts of data if relatively few users and must scale well
- Knowledge of browser technologies, desktop software architecture, mobile software architecture (not necessarily extensive coding, but sufficient understanding to manage)
- Demonstrated ability to design, architect and develop commercial products/enterprise applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with machine learning and remote monitoring/sensing (massive bonus)
- Server management and administration skills (bonus)
Computer Science Masters / PhD, or combination of exceptional ability and experience
Oxford, UK; Boston, MA, USA
Competitive compensation, depending on experience, ability, drive and motivation
Indeed - 18 months ago