Labor Ready
1,727 reviews

Labor Ready United States Employee Reviews

physically demanding work
General Labor (Current Employee), Southeastern PennsylvaniaApril 25, 2015
I do not mind physical work or difficult environments. The day laborer form of employment is interesting because, there many different job sites. There is also work outdoors.
The negatives are dealing with fellow employees who do not want to work and the poor compensation.
If you like manual labor
Laborer (Former Employee), Fife, WAApril 25, 2015
A lot of work for low pay. Minimum wage and days can last up to 10 hours at a time. Not going back. Worked at a lumber yard and got sun burnt in the sun. Not an enjoyable experience. May work for some. Not for me.
Jobs vary from day-to-day
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 24, 2015
Pros: Some contractors were great people
Cons: This business does not like to pay overtime, and did not compensate well for travel time to jobs.
It was of utmost importance to stay with a contractor as long as possible because it often led to permanent employment with them or another contractor.
NICE JOB
Forklift/Machine Operator (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 22, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO GET STARTED IT HELPED ME GET SKILLS AND FUTHER MY WORK SKILLS. I WORKED MANY JOBS AND GOT PAID DAILY IT WAS A GREAT EXP.
Great Company
General Laborer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2015
As I worker along side different people of all races I've experienced nothing but good work ethics. I would tell others about how great this company is the there employees.
Some staff are reliable.
Temporary Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 21, 2015
Better luck going somewhere else. It is definitely not worth your time unless you are a felon and have no choice. I don't want to write a review.
it was ok
Laborer (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: daily, pay
Cons: not working for same place not getting used to your surroundings
its daily work and daily pay that was nice but to do different job almost every day got kind of exhausting....it could also be beneficial daily pay....
Favortism
Laborer (Former Employee), Delaware CountyApril 21, 2015
I would not go back to working for this company, they pick favorites and its the only way of rising up in this company. Worst part is being there early in the morning, without the chance of being available to work. Favorites were often picked from a group of at least 20 men. If you wanted a job all the time you really had to suck up the the leaders, and it was honestly a waste of time.
Day Labor Work
Day Labor employee (Current Employee), Apopka, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: Work within your schedule
Cons: pays daily, makes it hard to save
Praying you have work for the day, but also knowing if you are a great worker you will be asked to return. Pay could be better, I am better skilled than the jobs they have to offer, but they are consistent if I am consistent and can lead to a full time job if a corporation likes your work ethics.
Fun work place
Laborer (Former Employee), Minneola, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: Enjoying different types and skills of all the work fields
Cons: No healthcare
Everyday was different, you worked different job's everyday unless the job you worked the day before wanted you back. That's the typical day at a temp service.
Great trustworthy and honest people
Overnight Stocking (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Getting to work with great people
Cons: Sometimes there isn't any work to do
We receive jobs everyday to work and they give us jobs a day or two before they start so we can be prepared to work with no excuses. They always make sure we are ready
Greatplace to work everyday was different.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: very fulfilling to put people to work.
Cons: on call 24 hrs
Very good job very satisfying unfortunately my position was eliminated. loved dealing with local businesses to help find solutions for their staffing needs.
Horrible
Temporary Worker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 17, 2015
If you are a small woman don't even try them. I was sent out for one job and the manager actually said if he were to send me out they would become a laughing stalk because of my size. So save yourself the long hours of waiting for a job that won't come.
Good Place to work for
Laborer (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 17, 2015
I was sent out to do many different jobs. I learned a lot of valuable skills. The company is a great place to be employed through.
only temp
On call laborer (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 16, 2015
Cons: temp work
I like going to different places and working I learned a lot of skills. however I need a more permanent job. I don't know what else to say
ITS A TEP SERVICE AND PRETTY FAIR
SKILLED LABORER (Current Employee), MOBILE ALApril 16, 2015
LABOR READY IS A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR YOU LEARN DIFFERENT WORK SKILLS THAT ARE VERY IMPORTANT IN TODAYS WORK FORCE. THE MAANAGEMENT IS AWESOME THE CO WORKERS ARE GREAT PEOPLE FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE
Arby's Review
Customer Service, Food Preparation, Cashier (Former Employee), Huntington, WVApril 15, 2015
I was a great place to work. It has many opportunities to move up in the career. It's a very good "first time" job. I would work as the "runner" mostly. So I would work in all stations. I absolutely loved that!
Productive fun work place were u can learn new things everyday. Also i love the people i work with because we all work as a team to get the job done.
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), 4485 Fulton Industrial Blvd SW, Atlanta, GA 30336April 15, 2015
Pros: 12hour shifts
Cons: food
Warehouse worker assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
• Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
• File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
• Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
Daily Work for Daily Pay
Worker (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: A quick day's work
Cons: Not regular.
I discovered Labor Ready when I was staying at a homeless shelter. They gave me a few days of work but I had some trouble with some of the younger men on the crews. I returned to them a couple of years later after finishing school and enjoyed the fact they could reach me by text message. They texted available jobs as they became available. That was great. Later my phone changed and I couldn't get those messages but management and other workers kept me up on work available. I was often needed by the workers for my transportation. A highlight was going to Camp Blanding to pretend to be victims of a catastrophe. We were made up to look like victims so the National Guard could practice for a terrible event taking place to which they may be called.
Labor Ready recently got a contract with Walmart which has helped me pay my auto insurance and other needs.
General Labor Staffing Agency
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), New Oleans, LAApril 13, 2015
What I liked about working there was the gained experience and knowledge I obtained working on various job sites and people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Labor Ready

We are always in need of dependable people who are ready to serve the growing needs of our customers. Labor Ready is an equal – Read more

Labor Ready Salaries