Labor Ready Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,320 reviews matching the search
JOB is okay
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAJuly 23, 2016
They do jobs on site first come ,first serve need a sett jobs. Great company only stop working there due to the fact of the need of employees on a daily basis .
Bottom of the barrel staffing company.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJuly 21, 2016
Labor ready varies by location I have worked at several locations and some are competent but you still get sent to some of the worst jobs for absolute minimum wage. The Kennewick, WA branch is particularly bad, often times they will request workers to come in an hour or so early and not pay them.
Pros
Paid immediatley at the end of every weekday shift
Cons
Rude staff, unpaid hours and travel under threat of termination
Its hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 21, 2016
They offer many different job opportunities with great companies who will hire you on. I've gotten most of my work experience there at this company. It's guaranteed work everyday for people who are early birds.
Pros
always need workers
Cons
Jobs can be anywhere you need solid transportaion
Up and down
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 20, 2016
This was a temp staff service
It required you to b up and it and on time anytime. Which I didnt mind becasue they kept me busy and I had work everyday. Gettin paid daily was most enjoyable
Great job!
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2016
Great place to work!

My co-workers were honest and hardworking!

The Company is a great place to work!

The management was good and respectful!

The hours were flexible!

The work was good!

The location is nice!
Good Work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 20, 2016
I came on with little to no experience to anything got a job right then and there, and started work got a lot of different type of work and loved it
Great staffing agency
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
Very good and reliable staffing agency. I was looking for more in my life at the time so I went to college and they wasn't to fond my choice. However always work and great jobs. Little more flexibility and school support great company.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No flexiblity
A productive day
cleaning and debri removal (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDJuly 17, 2016
a tipical day for me at work is easy as long as the customer is pleased and I don't have any bad reviews also I can learn a lot more as long as some one is willing to teach me and work with along side me. I also look forward to moving up in any desired filled of where ever I am
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
hard work low wages marginal co-workers
laborer (Former Employee) –  charlotte, lubbock, santa fe, las crucesJuly 16, 2016
I haven't work for labor ready in over 5 years and was thinking I might work for them again in the near future and I happened on these reviews which were rather hard to believe how many people say great things about their experience. To me Labor Ready is a last resort for quick cash.

Maybe something has changed in their protocol but when I worked for them it was as follows:

You have to get there early in the morning, 5-5:30 am, and usually sit around the dispatch hall uncertain if you'll be assigned to work for the day. If you don't have a vehicle, this reduces your chances of being sent out (understandable) but if you DO have a vehicle and don't want to use it to transport other workers this almost obliterates your chances.

You may say, Why would you not want to transport other workers to the jobsite? A lot of reasons, including not sure if they have drugs on them. If you do transport a co-worker, the co-worker usually takes the opportunity to tell you their hard luck story and try to make you feel bad that you have a vehicle and they don't and to weasel you to buy them a coffee or give them a cigarette.

The jobs I got varied from pushing a broom to digging a ditch to carrying air conditioners up and down stairs. Unloading a truck full of sheetrock, carrying concrete forms, jackhammering, grading dirt underneath a building, chopping down trees with dull instruments, were assignments I was lucky enough to avoid due to being female and judged as incapable of succeeding at them (probably accurate in many cases).

The pay was almost always minimum wage. (The supervisor
  more... at the job site will often tell you how it's not their fault, they pay Labor Ready 2X and Labor Ready only pays you X).

I have encountered a problem once or twice working with people who are under the influence on the job site. I don't want to be moving scaffolding or carrying heavy objects with a person who is under the influence, for obvious reasons. The site supervisor doesn't usually do a whole lot if you report it (he doesn't want a confrontation) so you just have to try to partner up with someone else. Labor Ready can't necessarily do anything unless the problem person is also on a Labor Ready ticket.

After you finish work, you have to drive back to Labor Ready and wait for them to issue your paycheck. By this time it's at least 6pm.

If you're lucky, the employer to which you were dispatched gave you a "repeat", meaning they were satisfied with your work performance and want you back at the job site the next day. Then you can get to Labor Ready the next day an hour before the start time to pick up your work ticket. In rare cases Labor Ready may give you the work ticket the night before and let you go directly to the job site, but generally not.

As for the dispatch staff at Labor Ready, they run the gamut from having a heart of gold and being the only positive caring person you see all day to being mentally checked out and not really giving a rat's behind about anything.

As for the job site supervisors, again, they run the gamut from buying lunch (pretty rare) to telling you Whatever State law says they don't have to give you a break and you'll work 8 hours straight.

There are a few reviews on this site that have the ring of truth to them, but many seem artificial. I wouldn't put it past Labor Ready to "encourage" people go on this site and write positive reviews, probably for some incentive like a free soda.
Pros
get a few great stories out of the experience
Cons
not an efficient or desirable way to make a living
A great source for income,when no other employment available.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJuly 16, 2016
Great for temporary work,able to get permanent work,that,s one their slogan.construction cleanup,unloading moving van,semi truck ,and demolition.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Minimum wage
Work when there is nothing else
Labor Hand (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 15, 2016
Difficult and hot day is typical.
Work is never the same. Even though it is a temp service I have not become a permanent worker.
multiple job opportunities
Laborer, General (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJuly 15, 2016
this job was not at all hard, there were many different titles .1 auction delivery. 2 house keeper .3 laundry (motels ).catering was another,I also did landscaping! Pay rate fluctuates.
Pros
Get experience
Cons
not always available work.
Temp Agency
Day Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 14, 2016
The company gives various jobs ranging form office work to construction and everything in between. The management is great and do everything they can to find a job that fits your skill set.
loved it
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILJuly 14, 2016
it was amazing, the management was very understanding and always helpful to any questions. the work was very consistent and their was always something to do,
Pros
good hours and pay
Very unstable.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJuly 14, 2016
Due to this being a temp agency, the stability is not there, nor is their explanations for contracts being cut short. A portion of the staff is very rude and not helpful in any way.
Labor in the field, and wearhousing
Laborer/Driver (Former Employee) –  All over IL and MO.July 14, 2016
Great Job, but I needed more from a job that they offered.
I wish that I can say more on the matter, but it just nothing moer to be said on the matter.
Thank you for asking me about it in the frist place.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No down time
wonderful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 13, 2016
its very hard knowing from day too day if you will be able too work and therefore make a paycheck, I plan too be back there if necessary.
Give the privaliege to work in different workplaces.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2016
I respect others and their oppion on a job but I also go by the rules of the workplaces.Its temporary and seasonal.
excellent work environment
Laborer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2016
Perfect company to work with and get established for the future.safe work place,friendly environment,positive atmosphere and everything about it perfect
Pros
everyday work
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Nice place to work, focus on buisness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2016
I learned to be grateful for the jobs you have, and appreciate of the moments given to you each and every day, we were given task daily that would differ on experience.

2.8