Labor Ready
1,635 reviews

Labor Ready Employer Reviews

Very Hard Work Minimal Pay
Laborer (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: lots of work experience, different jobs each day.
Cons: no insurance, and the pat is not worth the work.
I would go into the office at 5:30 am and wait to called for a job. I was the one who usually got the job because I was such a hard worker and very eager. I would learn different thing throughout the day depending on which job I was sent to. My co-workers were very friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was the strenuous task at hand. The most enjoyable part was gaining the experience in all the different areas of work.
Its a good place to work good people.
Laborer (Current Employee), Evansville, INFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good coffie
Cons: no go health care
they make it worth coming in to wok there they have happy faces and good times. The jobs they put you on are very easy work and they will work you every day.
It was hard and tiring place to work.
Laborer (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 24, 2015
It was hard to understand what I was supposed to be doing. The hours was long and tiring and you never knew if you was going to work a full 40 hours a week or if you was going to be offered over time. it seemed like the company was unorganized and took on to much work in a short amount of time.
Nonchalant staffing agents, always open late
Laborer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: favoritism, one day jobs
Labor Ready is really like a plan E, they send you out everyday if they like you. the pay is 7.25 hourly for most jobs. Also u get paid everyday which isnt a good way to save your money
Good company
Laborer, General (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Labor Ready is a good company to work for. I enjoyed having something new to do every day. The pay wasn't much but it was nice to have work available when I was in a bind.
Very Helful
Laborer (Former Employee), Kissimmi, FloridaFebruary 24, 2015
They were great employers, they help a lot of people get jobs. Its hard work but well worth it. When you get there you wait to be called for an open job then you are placed on that job. If they like your work they keep you.
Unfair selection process
Equipment operator (Current Employee), charlotte,ncFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: ways to a means
Cons: selection process and professionalism
Unfair selection process and they don't treat you with respect. It is truly only a means to and only temporary. Unclean offices and rude staff
Co-workers
Day labor (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 23, 2015
I love working with people. People need others to get some jobs done. I have never not got alone with a co-worker. I'm very easy going , nice, fun. People say they like being around me. I always get the job done.
Provided me with alot of different job skills that I learned.
Laborer (Former Employee), Lincoln Park, MIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: some work some time.
Cons: no work most of the time.
General labor was the typical day at work,an I learned how to drive a hi-lo,an a lot of different things from each job I did.my co-workers were very nice people.the hardest an most enjoyable part of the job was getting one daily or weekly.
productive workplace
warehouse (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Usually im early too work so I don't get caught up on being tired late and burnt out. Usually at work its time too work learn and show up. Management is one of the worker positions that I am interested in. When I am at work playing a team plan is one my working strategies. I keep my ears open too the workers and and managers around me make sure im working as a team and making sure I am envolved.my hardest part of the job is working with a mass of people with no help. or running out of products when its time too perform. My satisfaction comes from supplying customers with there orders, keeping them coming back and doing the job in the best way that I can.
check in at 5 am
Utility Worker (Former Employee), mauiFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: lots of sun good people
Cons: work can end at any time
check in at 5 am
get assigned job
transport out to job get orders from superintendent
inform crew of assignment
carry orders and complete
check all others work and report back to the superintendent
close site for the day
Very respectful work environment, comfortable with co-workers
General Laborer (Former Employee), Leominster maFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
I monitored incoming traffic and cleaned up after customers on a daily basis. I learned to stay alert and on task while working during my hours. I was able to keep myself mentally stimulated during the workday and able to perform my tasks at my best ability. My co-workers were very civil and respectful to me and made it a comfortable work space. Cleaning up after the customers was the most tedious part of the job however i was able to stay on task until it was completed properly. I enjoyed being kept busy throughout the day and was never bored, I always had something to do.
a
General Laborer (Current Employee), Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2015
Various work sites changes with every job. Some jobs may last a month some a day. Quality sorts and inspect, roofing, heavy lifting and moving.
Temp labor
Temp Labor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 19, 2015
Every day was a hit and miss. You could be called for a job and then again you could spend all morning and not get called out. most of the jobs were general labor
ITS A TEMP AGENCY NOT TO MUCH TO SAY.
GENERAL LABORER (Former Employee), MODESTOFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: ok
Cons: temp
I NEVER KNOW WHAT I BE DOING OR WERE I WAS GOING.I DID WORK AT ALOT OF NEW PLACES THAT I NEVER BEFORE OR HEARD OF.MOST OF THE WORK WAS AND DIRTY ,BUT WE DID GET PAID AT THE END OF THE DAY.
Bad
Temporary laborer (Former Employee), rochester, nyFebruary 18, 2015
you might have a job three or four hours after showing up to labor ready and those are NOT paid hrs.

the labor is to much for the compensation.

i would not recommend this to anyone but a dope feind
Assembler/Production (Current Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 17, 2015
A great opportunity to learn new skills for future employment. This is temporary employment, but it is beneficial while seeking a permanent position.
Labor Ready has been a great company to work for but only focuses on the labor aspect of the job field i'm looking for advancement and perm position.
Laborer (Temp) (Current Employee), Pearl, MSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: frequency of labor and equipment used for job readyness
Cons: on time payments/ wages /
Typical day working with labor ready is basically the same thing everyday. I learned a lot but there is no advancement to the next level on the jobs that you are assigned. Certification needed to advance to better wages and the since of caring about the employee and their families hard work is not rewarded. Long hours and stability on the job and the company push for permanent employment is practically non-existed on the company side of the house. and the wages made by the employee should be more than minimum wage. Also the use of personnel with criminal and drug background loses the employee respectability on the job sites. But as far as jobs that available on the daily bases is a plus. The staff of labor ready needs improvement as far as on time payments and informing the employee of job duties when sent out on a ticket, employee needs more information. I like their new text a job info that used by the company is a plus. Wages are too low with labor ready for certain tickets your sent out on. looking for office work and more skilled labor from a company of this magnitude.
To help supplement or augment one's salary.
Laborer (Current Employee), Bremerton, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: daily paycheck
Cons: not permanent work.
A good way to keep an income coming in or to supplement to your income. It is sometime can be very hard work but it is work and then at the end of the day, I got paid. If the employer likes you alot, it can turn into something permanent. The staff at Labor Ready are great and if you are a hard worker, they will send you out on more projects but if your there to collect a paycheck, don't bother.
The Job Finds you
Special Event Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day is wait to get a text alert fromt eh office asking to see who is available for work. You get different jobs everyday.
You get paid daily.

1 2 3 4 5

About Labor Ready

We are always in need of dependable people who are ready to serve the growing needs of our customers. Labor Ready is an equal – Read more