Labradors.com is a fast-growing online community for people who love Labrador Retrievers and is the first in a series of breed-specific websites to serve dog lovers. The sites are all part of The Better Dog Network, an ecosystem that also includes other dog-related services designed to enhance the lives of dogs and support their owners. The network is owned and operated by Coventure Media, an online marketing consulting and delivery firm.
We are searching for an organized and dynamic individual to deliver our Social Media efforts across all of our Better Dog Network sites. This includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. In addition, the websites are built on a social network platform so each is essentially its own self-contained social network.
Responsibilities will include:
- Set up and maintain the social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest for Labradors.com and the other Better Dog Network properties. Implement and manage software tools needed to maintain the accounts.
- Implement and support link coding needed to track traffic on the website, document the impact of different categories of posts on a daily basis, and handle other tasks that support a robust analytics program on the sites.
- Monitor the Activity Feed on the sites to identify and remove inappropriate content and images, and to ensure interaction and engagement are happening. When necessary, assign other team members to respond to or engage with specific messages or members.
- Develop a Social Media Plan that articulates the goals of the program and the strategies to be used, including configuration of accounts, types of content to be used, calendar for publication, contest and promotions, and other tactics. Publish and socialize this plan internally.
- Collaborate with the Search Engine Marketing team on paid search efforts within Social Media.
- Work with the Analytics Team to create and maintain reports that provide progress tracking to be used by the Social Media Team and by Management. Also develop and distribute reports on what kinds of content and activity generate the most engagement on Social Media.
- Manage to the plan, report regularly to the team on progress and learnings, and be accountable for results.
- Continuously look for new and innovative ways to use Social Media to advance the goals of the organization. Review newsletters, case studies and reports of how other organizations are successfully using Social Media and share the most relevant and useful with the team. Be aware of and conversant with trends in Social Media.
- Continuously increase an understanding of our user population based on experience and on regular participation in conversations via Social Media. Share this understanding with the larger team through participation in Team Discussions and, when appropriate, written communication.
- Serve on the Content Team to represent the needs and perspectives of Social Media in content scheduling and development.
- Work with the Graphics Team to create a catalog of graphical content for use in Social Media. Identify photographs, phrases, videos and other compelling visual content to be used in Social Media channels.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with dogs and with the opinions and desires of people who love dogs. Extra points for being a dog owner and/or being involved with dog rescue efforts.
He or she will also be conversant with several software platforms that support management of multiple social media accounts simultaneously.
This position will begin as an individual contributor, but there will be opportunities for advancement as the network grows. The position reports directly to the Executive Committee.
Please submit a resume and cover letter. Only candidates who best meet our requirements will be contacted.
Coventure Media maintains a portfolio of websites and products that we market online in industries as diverse as consumer technology, beauty products, nutraceuticals, financial services, pet products and more. We offer a dynamic, growth-driven culture and are seeking the sharpest tacks in the box to grow with us.