LabTech Software Employee Reviews

Connectwise Automate / Labtech is a micro-managed sinking ship
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 6, 2017
When I started with the company different management was in place and the work-place was one of the best I had worked for. However after the take over from ConnectWise, new management came in and started implementing ConnectWise modeled policies, but LabTech and ConnectWise aren't the same and it was an impossible task to implement those policies, but force them through was the plan.

Software was at its best during 2013, but has starting going downhill due to the amount of extras being added and not fixing existing issues.
Pros
Free Lunch from Natures table, Company sponsored events
Cons
Highly micromanaged, very stressful work conditions. Inconsistent policies and favortism is common place.
LabTech Software Best plae to work in Tampa
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
LabTech was one of the best jobs I ever had in Florida. I would go back there in a minute if I had not moved to Minnesota. Working here was a fulfilling career choice that has opened many new doors for me and has helped me better understand the Software LIFE cycle.
Started off good.
LabTech Support II Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33634April 12, 2016

Pros
Provided meals to their staff. Company sponsored events.
Cons
Rated Best workplace 4 years running for good reason!
Customer Service Technical Liaison (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2013
By Far the best company I've ever had the privilege to be a part of.
A very fun place to work, truly enjoyed going to work everyday there.
Perfect place for entry level IT Professionals and seasoned engineers as well.
Pros
Free Lunches
Great Company. Dot-Com Atmospheres
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2013
This is the perfect place for overachievers. Workplace culture is outstanding. It's very much a dot-com type atmosphere. This is the first company that I have worked for that its employees genuinely seem happy. Clearly was able to see this during my quick tour of the company at the end my interview process. Overall, the staff is very friendly. They provide free lunch, energy drinks, other drinks, 5-Hours, and snacks throughout the day. Company activities are frequent and are always a blast. Note to possible future employees: this place isn't for you if you're not truly self-motivated or quick learner.

Little-to-no cons for the company as a whole. Con specific to my department: salary doesn't seem to be on par with our sister company -- ConnectWise -- for similar but more technical roles; training is trial-by-fire.

To Support Manager: Don't change the trial-by-fire type of training. Instead, use it as a tool to weed out employees that are likely to be underachieving and/or disappointing 3 to 6 months after hire. Please increase our salary.
Pros
Benefits. Not micro-managed, Free lunch, energy drinks, other beverage, and snacks. Frequent company activities.
Cons
Salary, Trial-by-Fire Training
LabTech Weighs In: Employee Review
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FloridaMay 6, 2013
The LabTech Software leadership team regrets when a colleague/company relationship doesn't meet expectations.
We are as focused on our "internal" customers as much as we our focused on our external customers. We consider an end of employment to be unfortunate, but believe our colleagues agree that LabTech is a fantastic place to work. Our colleagues ranked us in the 2012 Tampa Bay Times Top 75 Places to Work in Tampa Bay.
Looks promising but is not
Application Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 1, 2013
LabTech does not care about its engineers. The training is sub-par. The management is very crooked. The politics are out of control and there is very little room if any to grow. There is also a lot of dishonesty from management.
This company does not treat its employee fairly. They deal with under handed HR policies.
Level III Support Technician, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 31, 2012
I stayed a late and came to work on my days off without any recognition. The HR department allowed an employee and management to bully other technicians. Many of the employees would like to quit, but can not due to the economy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LabTech Software. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6