LAC Employee Reviews

Acmedia
Media Education Advisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
Great Company to work in. The management will work with the employees to make them successful. Open comunication. Family atmosphere. Paid time off. Major holidays off. They also offer overtime if you want it
Pros
Family enviroment and good management.
Cons
The hours can be long and the amount of calls you can take is alot
Amazing volunteer experience.
USC DEM Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2017
This volunteer job took place in the Department of Emergency Medicine at LAC+USC Medical Center. The work environment there is so very dynamic that no two days were the same, which I loved! The people I met there varied greatly in age, race, and background. The best use of my time there came in the form of assisting in the communication between patient and physician by translating between English and Spanish.
Great fun work but not stable
Actor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2017
I always wanted to be a actor so this was a small way of getting exposed to the business of acting. Mainly extra work. I did have a role as a actor on a tv judge show.
LAC/USC Medical Center a Challenging place to work
Medical Records Supervisor /Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 24, 2016
Working at LAC/USC Medical Center is a challenging and important job. you are working for not just the hospital but the whole city of Los Angeles. You come to work find out the work load for the day and get to work. There is not time to fooling around, we setup files, assembly, charts, organize charts in order, file them, and start all over again. Like any company management varies, And they all make things happen on a daily basis. The people are fun to work with once they let you into the group, you see county is family. You have to earn your way in. Co-workers are hard workers the hardest part about LAC/USC is learning all the county polices and the red tape to get things changed to do a better job. Good thing is if you make at the county Hospital you can work anywhere its just like the military, hard to get in but once your in you want to stay
great work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Huron, OHApril 15, 2016
This is a great company to work for everyone there from the supervisor to the operator on the line was hard working clean organized and very friendly
defunct
owner (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHApril 12, 2016
defunct. The company never got off the ground with the economic conditions existing at the time. Business was too saturated with larger companies to be profitable.
Exceptional Place to work.
Operations/Shipping (Current Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJanuary 19, 2016
Both staff and work environment is exceptional. Very appreciative company that shows employees fairness and allows for growth.
Low Pay, No place for advancement
Library Processor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 12, 2016
Great flexible hours but not enough hours even for part time employment. Low pay and no place advancement. No raises.
it's a contract job so I got a second job elsewhere. I wouldn't be disappointed if the job ended
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hours, no place for advancement
Big table is good for coding work convinient and coding productivites in good environment.
Medical Records Coder and Auditor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2015
I have been coding five days a week. Sometimes, I did coding some Sundays. I learned inpatient and outpatient correct coding skills,and I could have good management for good coding productivities. Coding is always I would like to work.
adults school teacher
Academic Teacher, Lancaster (Former Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 30, 2015
I taught at one adult school (South Gate Community Adult School) for four years and served as an administrator for three years. As a teacher I worked in a contract lab of from 75 to 150 students working with the students who were on humanities contracts and one-on-one with them if they needed help with assignments. As an administrator I had to be the liaison between the administration and the teachers when the attendance went from hand-written to computerized. This took three years to do and during this time I worked in the school office. Eventually I was laid off of this job and took a job in the South Bay District in Redondo Beach teaching English as a Second Language.
Pros
The benefits were good for a part-time job
Cons
The school changed principals every year and some were difficult to work with
Diversity, Los Angeles County Government
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2015
This hospital is about 100 years old. It has so many different equipments such as: cooler, refrigerator, freezer, blood refrigerator, deep freezer, cascade system, air cool chiller, water cool chiller, pneumatic control, hydronic system, three phase, etc...
very nice envioronment
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2014
I enjoy closing the book and working with outside auditors.
Management is very helpfull
Library Associates
Library Associates (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2014
Inventory books, portfolios and other related materials following established archival rules;
Review and edit database entries as necessary; Perform all aspects of post-cataloging support such as adding bar codes, property stamps, and spine labels when necessary; Perform necessary steps to withdraw material from the collection and database; Maintain library collections for security targets; Shelving books; Additional duties as necessary or requested.
awesome
ER/Trauma RN, Charge, Preceptor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2014
er RN, crazy, I hate drama but I love chaos, probably why I became an er nurse. plus I have a dry, kinda sick sense - of- humor that only er peeps understand . I'm gonna keep this short and simple or I'll just go on and on, cause there's just so much to write , like , a whole darn book. Best co-workers, yep, we'd fight thinking back, but now that I've 'grown, they have your back no matter what and I'm talking TEAMWORK like nobodies business--> wish I could go back, but now I'm OLD OLD OLD ;) anyhew, The hardest was wrapping them babies. The most enjoyable was giving and or saving life, even though I know now that for reals GOD is in control.
Pros
giving or saving life
Cons
wrapping bodies over stupidity
great work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 6, 2013
everyone was always freindly and open to help when you had a problem.
Pros
free lunchins
Cons
hard to get a day off
A good place to work.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  LAC/USC Medical CenterOctober 25, 2013
Every day I was assigned a work load. We were a training facility. The Management was nice to work with and I got along well with co-workers. The hardest part of the job we did not have enough employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the staff.
Pros
A very good training hospital.
Cons
Not enough workers.
productive nice place to work great place to always get overtime
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2013
Wonderful place to work, great sense of security wonderful helpful staff, excellent work ethic and protocols, very clean hospital.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2012
I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with. Working with seniors was an eye opener and learned that life is so precious. Dont take anything for granted or hold grudges because life is to short.
Pros
met great people
Cons
salary