LACKLAND AFB Employee Reviews in United States

did not work for lackland afb but did supervise personell providing maintenance on their computer equipment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
enjoyed working with USAF employees both civilian and military. Our job was to maintain a real time inventory control computer
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2015
a typical day at work consists of lots of training. i learned my job in security forces academy. leadership is very strict for a great cause. my fellow colleagues helped throughout training because we work together. the hardest part of the training was the training. the most enjoyable part was the climate on off duty time.
Well organized and managed
Emergency Operations Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Clear structure and organization. Expectations are clear and employee job performance is evaluated and feedback provided as to strengths, weaknesses, and areas that may need improvement. Results are the highest, patient quality of care, safety, and satisfaction.
Pros
job security and employee satisfaction
Cons
hiring process can be cumbersome
A rewarding place to work
Retired Civil Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Working at Defense Language Institute, which has a multitude of nationalities from all over the world. It was a pleasure to have been a part of this organization.
Pros
a learning experience
Employee Relations is very interesting because you deal with employees.
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
In a typical day I receive 20 calls or 25 emails for employee relations issues, I service 986 employees. I don't think it is hard because I enjoy helping people figure out the problems that have in the scope of employee relations.
Pros
secure position
Cons
not advancement opportunity
Good job for a kid in college.
Sales Associate at AAFES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
Responsible for open and closing the department.
Replenished shelves with product when stock was running low.
Placed orders for out of stock or low quantity items.
Set up merchandise for customer display.
Helped customers make informed decisions by providing information about the specifications and features of products throughout the department.
Assisted in deliver and installation of merchandise in customers’ home.
Pros
good staff and benefits
Cons
small pay raises
I loved every second I was employeed with Wal-greens. I had a great manager and excellent co-workers
Lead Evening Pharmacy Techncian (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXJune 22, 2014
I have been a pharmacy technician for over 14 years, most of those years stationed at Hill AFB, UT. In those 10 years I've had the chance to work with many forms of leadership. Because the job I was trained to do has a cap on training I was given many opportunities based on my abilities to do other things outside the MDG based on my qualifications which are listed on my resume. I had a great time as an active duty service member and miss it greatly.
Pros
great leadership, ojt, and co-workers
Great summer experience
Clerk/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2014
I loved the people and the environment. Everyone on the base was very friendly. I did basic clerical duties and moved to laborer duties.
One of the Best work places in the State
Information Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2013
Excellent management which encourages innovation and positive thinking. Excellent opportunities for advancement.
Pros
great benefits package
Airman in the USAF
Airman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2013
I went through basic and was sent back to a med hold facility, 1 week into my tech school. It is hard to explain, but everyone has the general idea.
A great time serving my country
Security (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2013
I was a security guard for Lackland AFB. It was a fun experience because I was never alone on guard whether nights or days. I met many great men and women and will always view this experience as a maturing event in my life
Pros
the base and the friends i met
Cons
no room for advancement, they were downsizing.
Not a bad place to work. Their is no future in it.
Owner operator of a Personal Training Business (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXDecember 20, 2012
Great place. Good people. Made a huge difference. I just wanted more for the future.
Training (class)
Senior Airman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2012
11 week course to become Security Forces. Course designed to train individuals to become military police officers.
Pros
knowledge and training
Cons
it was only 11 weeks (should've been longer)
Was a very good learning experience
Front Desk Representative / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2012
Lackland was shift work. Shifts ranged from 7am -3pm for first, second 3pm-12am and third which was the night audit shift 12am to 7am. and sundry store hours 11am to 8pm. Working all shifts, at times a double shift, was a learning experience and gave me the opportunity to interact with a wide range of individuals. The hardest part of this job was trying to find accomadations for unexpected overflows of students at times. The most enjoyabe part of this job is the interaction of people from other countries some knowing little to no english at all and trying to communicate with them. I really enjoyed making them feel welcomed in our country.Managment was very understandable and always willing to help out during high volume situations. Over all Lackland has given me the opportunity to gain 5 years of work experience in customer service, general office , cash handling, data entry , and even grocery store experience which included mantaining store cleanliness, placing store orders and doing monthly store inventories. This makes Lackland a very good place to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking to gain experience in these areas to find employment there.
Pros
company potlucks, be allowed to switch working shifts when needed
Cons
work thru breaks, work double shifts