LACKLAND AFB Employee Reviews

Contractor for US Government
Contract Group Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFBMarch 2, 2017
Was a Practice Manager which allowed me to be effective to not only the patients but provider/staff output. Used my critical thinking skill to resolve/solve a problem. Built many networks to solve any concern that presented it's self. The challenge was it wasn't a guarantee every year you would have a job. The best part was the fast pace and working with clinics and staff, building relationships to meet the end goal of taking care of patients
Pros
High Paced critical thinking skills
Cons
No sick leave, no stability, or eligibility for promotion or more responsibility
Great place.
FEDERAL CODING COMPLIANCE OFFICER/ SR. CODER (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXMarch 10, 2017
I enjoyed going to work everday at the afb. It was a great environment. The troops were wonderful and a true inspiration to work for and to work with.
Pros
WORKING ON BASE AND THE PERKS
Cons
NONE
Engage and interact with children
Child & Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Monitor children's safety. Take student's on field trips. Promote an active lifestyle for kids. Engage student's to participate in family dining style.
Productive, fast paced, and long hours
C5 FTU Loadmaster Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2016
Accomplishes preflight and post-flight of aircraft and aircraft systems. Receives cargo/passenger load briefings, checks placement of cargo/passengers against aircraft limitations/restrictions, determines adequacy of cargo documentation. If required, load plans cargo/passenger loads. Supervises cargo/passenger loading and offloading activities. Determines
cargo placement and restraint requirements and directs and checks the placement of restraint equipment. Computes aircraft weight and balance. Demonstrates use of life support equipment. Accomplishes passenger comfort activities
during flight. Performs aircrew functions and other mission specific qualification duties to include the airdrop of personnel and equipment/cargo.
Excellent training
Administrative Assistant/Office Support Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2016
Excellent civil service training. Working at the family support center helping military staff with financial issues. Helped transitioning airman find civilian jobs.
Pros
great training
A Military base
Cryptologic Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2016
I worked at CCSD up and Security Hill, HNCM- The military chain of command was meh but the civilian side was awesome.
Some days are busy other days we not
military coworkers were okay and some civilians were awesome
Leadership on the military side tries to micro manage all the time
Pros
free lunches and alot of going aways
Cons
leadership
Good job for a kid in college.
Sales Associate at AAFES (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
Responsible for open and closing the department.
Replenished shelves with product when stock was running low.
Placed orders for out of stock or low quantity items.
Set up merchandise for customer display.
Helped customers make informed decisions by providing information about the specifications and features of products throughout the department.
Assisted in deliver and installation of merchandise in customers’ home.
Pros
Good staff and benefits
Cons
small pay raises
I loved every second I was employeed with Wal-greens. I had a great manager and excellent co-workers
Lead Evening Pharmacy Techncian (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXJune 22, 2014
I have been a pharmacy technician for over 14 years, most of those years stationed at Hill AFB, UT. In those 10 years I've had the chance to work with many forms of leadership. Because the job I was trained to do has a cap on training I was given many opportunities based on my abilities to do other things outside the MDG based on my qualifications which are listed on my resume. I had a great time as an active duty service member and miss it greatly.
Pros
Great leadership, OJT, and co-workers
Well organized and managed
Emergency Operations Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Clear structure and organization. Expectations are clear and employee job performance is evaluated and feedback provided as to strengths, weaknesses, and areas that may need improvement. Results are the highest, patient quality of care, safety, and satisfaction.
Pros
job security and employee satisfaction
Cons
hiring process can be cumbersome
Excellent opportunity to work with retired military
LVN (Former Employee) –  TXSeptember 30, 2015
Excellent facility to work for, excellent opportunity to work for retired military. Excellent opportunity to teach patients in reference to taking care of their medications and health.
Pros
Working with retired military
Employee Relations is very interesting because you deal with employees.
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
In a typical day I receive 20 calls or 25 emails for employee relations issues, I service 986 employees. I don't think it is hard because I enjoy helping people figure out the problems that have in the scope of employee relations.
Pros
Secure position
Cons
Not advancement opportunity
Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2015
a typical day at work consists of lots of training. i learned my job in security forces academy. leadership is very strict for a great cause. my fellow colleagues helped throughout training because we work together. the hardest part of the training was the training. the most enjoyable part was the climate on off duty time.
A great time serving my country
Security (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 5, 2013
I was a security guard for Lackland AFB. It was a fun experience because I was never alone on guard whether nights or days. I met many great men and women and will always view this experience as a maturing event in my life
Pros
the base and the friends i met
Cons
no room for advancement, they were downsizing.
did not work for lackland afb but did supervise personell providing maintenance on their computer equipment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2015
enjoyed working with USAF employees both civilian and military. Our job was to maintain a real time inventory control computer
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A rewarding place to work
Retired Civil Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Working at Defense Language Institute, which has a multitude of nationalities from all over the world. It was a pleasure to have been a part of this organization.
Pros
A learning experience
One of the Best work places in the State
Information Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 29, 2013
Excellent management which encourages innovation and positive thinking. Excellent opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits package
Training (class)
Senior Airman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2012
11 week course to become Security Forces. Course designed to train individuals to become military police officers.
Pros
knowledge and training
Cons
it was only 11 weeks (should've been longer)
Great summer experience
Clerk/Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 28, 2014
I loved the people and the environment. Everyone on the base was very friendly. I did basic clerical duties and moved to laborer duties.
Not a bad place to work. Their is no future in it.
Owner operator of a Personal Training Business (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXDecember 20, 2012
Great place. Good people. Made a huge difference. I just wanted more for the future.
Airman in the USAF
Airman (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2013
I went through basic and was sent back to a med hold facility, 1 week into my tech school. It is hard to explain, but everyone has the general idea.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LACKLAND AFB. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7