Laclede Gas Company Employee Reviews

It's been a long time
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 9, 2017
I have not worked there since 1990s. It was a great place to learn how to be a legal assistant. Excellent benefits and great group of people. At that time no paid parking. Might have changed since then.
Benefits
Productive and enjoyable
Operations Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 2, 2017
fast pass, hard working. Fun, learn how to multitask, management is easy to work for. hardest part is discipline a worker. and i enjoy the working with the employees.
For years, it was a very secure job with excellent benefits
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 23, 2017
Challenging work environment. Good experience in interaction with customers and co-workers. There existed a great emphasis on good customer service and satisfaction.
Pros
Good staff and supervisors
Cons
Stress level
Very restrictive
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St Louis, MOJune 4, 2017
When I first started working at Laclede Gas, I thought I would retire from that company. It was a union job, the pay was good. However, over time, it became very restrictive and there was no interest in the company working with the employees to help them adjust their schedules in order to handle life outside of the company. If someone was 1 minute late from coming back from break, they were written up. The company allowed 14 minutes per day to use the restroom. If you went over the 14 minutes allowed throughout the day, you were written up and docked. Lots of mandatory overtime. The money was good but there was no care or concern for the people who worked there. Ultimately, jobs were outsourced. The new CEO was the beginning of the downfall in how the employees ultimately were treated.
Pros
Pay was good in the beginning
Cons
Very restrictive
general fitter/ public safety
General Fitter/ Serviceman/Field Tech (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2016
great employer to work for. general pipe fitter and public service. safety sensitive position requiring common sense and safety
challenging and secure if worked very hard
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed working at Laclede and challenged myself to advance and build a great relationship with my supervisor and the chief engineer.
Pros
good salary increaes and great benefits
Cons
Union employee issues
Company under restructuring atmosphere unsettled
Accounts Payable Clerk/Clerical (Current Employee) –  St Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2015
Arrive early, have breakfast, arrange work and review emails. Read the energy news daily which has event updates nationwide and is very informative.
Working in different areas in administrative positions learning the operations and the different aspects of the gas company; viewing the various management styles in those departments and how laborers/workers respond to their supervisors.
With restructuring, the hardest part of the job is seeing years of experience going out the door through retirement and quality jobs being outsourced from St Louis area.
Accessible workout facilities, outdoor seating for breaks/lunches or group meetings, excellent cafeteria and working cafes on each floor, bathrooms on each floor, larger personal work areas with up to date and ergonomic furniture.
Pros
supervision but not micro management
Cons
with restructuring having to reapply to keep current positions
Laclede Culture
Customer Service Representive (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 21, 2015
I have been with Laclede for more than 18 years, performing tasks such as Customer Service, Billing, Emergency Services, Data Entry, Problem resolution and mentoring of new Reps. Have consistently exceeded performance and time requirements for multiple positions.
Pros
The employees are a close-knit unit.
Cons
Uncertain direction in the future
Previous Database administrator
DBA (Former Employee) –  Saint LouisJune 12, 2014
One of the worst companies to work, no policies,racial profiling towards Asian minority. new system sucks spent millions of dollars nothing works.. kind of slave atmosphere
Pros
medical
Cons
racial profiling towards Asian minority, no policies, new system implemented sucks, slave environment to work
Review Summary
User Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2014
Support 2,400 Windows workstation users in an IT Service Desk environment. Assign and resolve IT service tickets using Altiris Console, troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and document all issues in real time. Solve network problems, install and update application software using Goverlan Remote Systems Management, and assist users with various computer tasks. Support Active Directory, and assist the IT team with various technical support tasks. Train users on the use of the company network and intranet portal, and install and support local and network printers. Document solutions to various technical problems and procedures. Delegate and escalate trouble tickets to the appropriate department when necessary for quick resolution. Also responsible for the accurate entry and verification of critical utility parameter tables in the IBM AS/400 mainframe.
Accountant
Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 12, 2013
corrected journal entires for over 400 each month in excel
reconciled bank accounts
variance reports every month
Pros
Learned about variance reports
Cons
I was only filling in
Have been employed with Laclede Gas Company since 1996
Customer Service Collection Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2013
I love challenges and look forward to my day at work. I often finish my assignments and ask my fellow co workers if they need assistance. My manager sent a letter to the head supervisor stating that I am an excellent worker and always willing to help others and that she very much appreciates my willingness to help out at any given time.
Pros
I learn alot of different jobs that I can use in the future
Cons
I will lose my job in October, due to another dept closing, we are a union based company which allows someone to bump my current position.
Productive environment
Console Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2013
Good place to work, decent pay and benefits, growing and expanding.
Great Compensation Benefits!
Administrative Account Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MO June 11, 2013
The company compensates very well based upon your title/job duties.
Pros
Compensation is great
Cons
Too many middle management layers.
summary for laclede gas
oracle database administrator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 8, 2013
I typically worked with the engineering department on a daily basis to
maintain and plan changes for the GIS application.

This also included checking on daily backups and other jobs that may have been scheduled via crontabs. (re-build indexes)

I also maintained the service hub application that was used to schedule daily service calls for the company.

I was responsible for pushing all changes for both of these application through testing into production.
Cons
a very long commute for me
i love my job and the company i work for
driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2013
i like my coworkers and i get along with everyone i like the way they treat me and i give back my best
Pros
free lunch
Cons
i need more income