LaCosta Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible company
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 21, 2016
My typical day is dealing with bad management and co-workers who are lazy PERIOD. What I learned is that its ok to come to work whenever,call off whenever,do whatever you want as you feel,milk the clock,no write ups,no one gets fired at all,being around a an unorganized company,also learned that they hire any and everybody who dont work and lie about transportation. My co-workers are immature and ghetto PERIOD not goals in life at all and they work the good workers to death picking up their slack. The hardest part of the job is dealing with nonsense and the company not living up to standards. My most important part of the job is getting off and not being there at all.
Pros
Cons
everything under sun which is obviously not good.. DO NOT APPLY AT ALL
A nice place to learn
Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Lacosta is a wonderful work place to learn and grow. The management is very professional and will work with you to help you learn about other positions and advancements. I have enjoyed training in many of the positions that I have gotten to experience. It is a great enviornmennt
Low pay, low morale.
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Management will bully you. You are expected to do a lot of work at 9 dollars an hour. It is hard to take breaks because you have to change your clothes to go outside the building. Management can be really shady. Staff at the building is very unfriendly to housekeeping. You barely get a head nod much less a smile or a simple hello, but they will criticize your work. Lots of tension between employees that makes a challenging work place to feel comfortable in.
Fast paced, a lot to learn.
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL 60076June 1, 2016
From the very start there is a lot of work. I learned assigned locations of the warehouse and how to move within them swiftly. The management is accessible. Co-workers are industrious. The hardest part of the job is to work non-stop from start to finish. The most enjoyable part of the job is to complete assignments.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Do not work here - terrible atmosphere - run away from this place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wauconda, ILJune 9, 2016
little pay. no positive support, no direction, horrible job security, and lack of advancement. people have complained and gotten fired. so take your chance.. if so good luck.. run away as fast you can !!!!!!!!!!!
treat people lack of respect!!!!!!!
Pros
none at all
Cons
too many to mention
Terrible
Central Stores Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 20, 2016
They don't care about you as an employee unless you have family or friends in high places. If you don't work days, don't expect a lunch even though you don't get paid for it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
NO RAISES/advancement, long probation periods with NO BENEFITS
I was a lead floore technician.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 25, 2016
It was a job that shoed me how to do maintenance and work with new equipment while doing maintenance. I learned how to be accurate and efficient.
Horrible, one of worst companies ever worked for.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHNovember 12, 2014
Management is horrible, corporate is horrible, both are way outta touch with their employees. So outta touch that the site manager dont even follow company policy on attendance, because he can barely get employees to show up. When other companies come and visit the site, Lacosta employees are not allowed to be seen. We are treated very badly, lied to, and way under paid for the workload and commitment they expect. Raises, benefits ,and advancement here is nonexistent, and no matter how committed and hard working you are they still treat you horribly. The attendance policy is a joke, it takes 6 weeks to earn an attendance bonus of less than 100 dollars. Also yearly contract renewals make job security not so secure. This company is just a horrible company to work for from corporate to regular employee.
Pros
breaks and co workers
Cons
everything except breaks and coworkers
Under paid for task required
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSNovember 4, 2015
They have a hard time keeping employees due to bad training and low pay. The task required should pay more than they do. Many other places pay their employees more to do the same job. This company is all about the management making bonuses while cutting the pay of the people who help get these bonuses.
Working the night shift.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 12, 2013
I go to work at 11 o'clock at night work all night, by doing this I have learned how to make myself stay awake all night. Management is okay, My supervisor is good but can only do what she is allowed to do as far as a raise goes. As for my co-workers they are okay but some of them are young and don't do their job like they should which makes it a bit more tiring for those of us that do.
I would say that the hardest part of the job is the shift, staying up all night keeps me tired even when I am off. The numerous of people that work on nights in the plant that make my job much easier due to their attitudes.
Pros
the people in which i worked with.
Cons
i don't have any benefits, its a 3rd shift which to me is much harder on one than a day which is what i am use to.
work is good and steady
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSNovember 15, 2015
They have no clue on how too treat the employees they hire .Management is a joke , my co-workers hard too deal with . The hardest part is when the machine is down and you do not get a break for HOURS.The best part of my job is its not to physical.
Pros
nothing
Cons
doesnt treat people wel
Very unprofessional
janitorial (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 29, 2014
This entire company is a joke. They over work you, hold out on your pay, there's no room for advancement, no recognition for great workers, there's no confidentiality even with managers, they refuse to go by the handbook, change rules daily and If you don't do their dirty work and scheme on other employees you're fired. Not to mention they write you up unknowingly with false reason and you'll know nothing about it until you're already fired. This company is ran off of lies and I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here.
Pros
hours
Cons
unprofessional, pay, poor communication
Productive and great atmosphere
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  lafayette,INAugust 29, 2013
A day usually starts out where I do cycle counts on inventory for a few hours then i will replensh any stock that they need. i also bring material to different production buildings throughout the night. I've been trained in GMP (general manufacturing practices), I'm also SAP trained. The management is great to work with. They do the best they can to work with our schedule's and to provide any training we may request
Pros
paid holiday's
Cons
no benefits
go at our own pace on our feets at all times
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wauconda, ILJuly 5, 2015
the job I did here allows me freedom to explore to learn other things related to my job such as shampooing carpets or to learn to buff floors,
Pros
breaks anytime just as long u do your job
Cons
no health care benefits for part-times or holiday pays
Productive workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work was to get my cart ready. Push my cart and barrel down my section of the school and clean any entry way, bathroom, hallway, bathroom, classroom, etc. Management was great and the job was too but to work during the night shift I couldn't handle it. The hardest part was definitely the fact that you had to be up all night every night but besides that fact it was a easy and simple job to do. Co-workers where amazing everyone that I worked with or met there where friendly and understanding, even the higher up people would get along and work with you on things.
Flexible if you need a day off but doesnt follow hand book
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMay 25, 2015
People can just not show up for days and still have a job. The handbok says we get paid holidays and get benefits but I have yet to be paid for a holiday, bank any vacation time, or been given my log in to sign up for benefits even though I've been there a year.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
everything else
Maintenance
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  huntsville, alJuly 8, 2015
I love my job. Work orders were completed properly unless we had to order parts for the machine. The job is great just always looking for advancement.
Horrible company to work for
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lagrange, gaNovember 13, 2013
Low pay, no room for advancement In the company, horrible management and unethical practices. If you're looking for a long term job please do not work here.
Pros
breaks
Cons
low pay, bad managers, have to work a year and three months just to get vacation time
A productive day at work
Detail Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 20, 2012
A typical day working at Two Men And A Truck was pretty much hard and some what laid back. We would have short and long work days that would just exhaust you. I learned alot being on this job especially how to work with others and be a team member and leader. The management was wel managed at times but there would be days that things got crazy and out of hand. I liked working with some co-workers and some i did not like working with but i did to get the job done. The hardest part of this job i would say was lifting things up the stairs that was impossible to maneuver around the corner. Most enjoyable is getting paid cash on the job.
Pros
cash on the job
Cons
long twelve hour days
Productive and fun place to work
Stores Clerk part time (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 13, 2015
Very nice place and a good group of people I worked with. I had a very good boss, who is now demoted due to someones error.
Which is confusing.
The work was not hard, just hot in the summer.
Management needs to be more understanding on some things and not twist rules.
Pros
free lunches

2.8