LaCosta Employee Reviews

go at our own pace on our feets at all times
Custodian/Janitor (Current Employee), Wauconda, ILJuly 5, 2015
Pros: breaks anytime just as long u do your job
Cons: no health care benefits for part-times or holiday pays
the job I did here allows me freedom to explore to learn other things related to my job such as shampooing carpets or to learn to buff floors,
Flexible if you need a day off but doesnt follow hand book
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee), Racine, WIMay 25, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: everything else
People can just not show up for days and still have a job. The handbok says we get paid holidays and get benefits but I have yet to be paid for a holiday, bank any vacation time, or been given my log in to sign up for benefits even though I've been there a year.
management
Forklift Leadsman (Current Employee), Bellwood, ILMarch 31, 2015
The management was not easy to get a hold of. The job itself was very easy. i drove a forklift and maintained a small crew. i did learn to drive a forklift, and the rest of the crew worked together very well.
Productive and fun place to work
Stores Clerk part time (Former Employee), Lafayette, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Very nice place and a good group of people I worked with. I had a very good boss, who is now demoted due to someones error.
Which is confusing.
The work was not hard, just hot in the summer.
Management needs to be more understanding on some things and not twist rules.
Productive workplace
Janitor (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work was to get my cart ready. Push my cart and barrel down my section of the school and clean any entry way, bathroom, hallway, bathroom, classroom, etc. Management was great and the job was too but to work during the night shift I couldn't handle it. The hardest part was definitely the fact that you had to be up all night every night but besides that fact it was a easy and simple job to do. Co-workers where amazing everyone that I worked with or met there where friendly and understanding, even the higher up people would get along and work with you on things.
company is bad to work for
supervisor (Former Employee), adtran & boeingFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: bad enviorment
very,very bad company to work for,management dont give a darn about your concerns,they work the gd workers to death,the other workers who come to work to milk the clock,they turn a blind eye to that,when you give a compliant they fire you or make you quit,i would not work for this company.
Very unprofessional
janitorial (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 29, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: unprofessional, pay, poor communication
This entire company is a joke. They over work you, hold out on your pay, there's no room for advancement, no recognition for great workers, there's no confidentiality even with managers, they refuse to go by the handbook, change rules daily and If you don't do their dirty work and scheme on other employees you're fired. Not to mention they write you up unknowingly with false reason and you'll know nothing about it until you're already fired. This company is ran off of lies and I would not recommend my worst enemy to work here.
fun envirnmonent
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee), frankfort ilDecember 5, 2014
this company was okay to work for but management sucked. The managers was very rude and pushy.
If your not mexican dont apply
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Wichita ksNovember 30, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: have to please
Tryed my hardest to get along, not a good place to work, pick favors and the rule .
Horrible, one of worst companies ever worked for.
Laborer (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 12, 2014
Pros: breaks and co workers
Cons: everything except breaks and coworkers
Management is horrible, corporate is horrible, both are way outta touch with their employees. So outta touch that the site manager dont even follow company policy on attendance, because he can barely get employees to show up. When other companies come and visit the site, Lacosta employees are not allowed to be seen. We are treated very badly, lied to, and way under paid for the workload and commitment – more... they expect. Raises, benefits ,and advancement here is nonexistent, and no matter how committed and hard working you are they still treat you horribly. The attendance policy is a joke, it takes 6 weeks to earn an attendance bonus of less than 100 dollars. Also yearly contract renewals make job security not so secure. This company is just a horrible company to work for from corporate to regular employee. – less
housecleaning
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Paris, TXSeptember 22, 2014
hard work and went beyond what was expected of me. Always room for improvement.
job wasn't for me
Fork Lift Driver (Former Employee), Corinth, MSSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: days off
Cons: swing shift low pay for 12 hour shifts
I worked in warehouse loading and unloading trucks the pay was not good at all neither was the benefits for the most part it was an easy job
Excellent Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSAugust 13, 2014
This job was perfect for me. I liked everything about it. Unfortunate circumstances cost me this great opportunity.
HORRIBLE
janitor (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILAugust 8, 2014
Lacosta have no respect for they employees,they give have no bennefits its just a horrible job
Great work environment
LEAD & WHEEL OPERATOR (Former Employee), Corinth, MSApril 20, 2014
The ideal place to work. Team meeting to let you know how things are working. Great team work.
It is a job, not a career.
Janitor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 24, 2014
It is an okay place to work, but there are no means to advancing or making a living off this job.
Excellent company to work for
Cleaning Supervisor (Former Employee), Wauconda, ILMarch 5, 2014
Pros: advancement with company
Cons: physical work
Typical day
Meeting with manager
Meeting with employees to give out work and answer any questions
Inspect work that is done and being done
Address issues with problems that arise
Collect phones, equipment and keys
Lock down buildings
Cool Mellow Workplace
General Cleaner (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free invites to hrley davidson lunch parties
The workplace was nice we were actually contracted with the Harley Davisdon Center.the people were nice polite the setup of the place was really cool i got to see and learn about different bikes.i enjoyed my cowerks we were a good team but management wasnt to put together.my daily routine at work was easy cleaning the cubicals,emptyin trash,dusting and vaccumig and more. the hardest part of the job was having to leave because i really enjoyed the place and the work.
Its a cool easy good paying job
Picker and Packer (Current Employee), Kansas City, KSFebruary 12, 2014
Slow sometimes the lines go down for hours, you have good pay just not enough hours like that but you can also get overtime
Just a job don't expect no real benefits or advancements.
Janitorial/Maintenance (Current Employee), MichiganJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and interacting with the clients, working alone
Cons: management, pay, work load
Management is horrible and is out of touch with employees and seems to be no communication at all. They have you do to much work for what they pay you for and its not worth it. And seems to screw over employees and never acknowledge the good work that you put into your work or assignments.