LaCosta Employee Reviews

very active, keep busy but fun
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 18, 2017
you stay very busy, training is very good. employees are very nice and make the job more fun. the bosses are usually very good at explaining what they want done and by what time.
Great Place to work
Wastewater Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work.they are flexible and have multiple sites you can work at depending on where you live.This company helps a lot of people take care of themselves.Worked here 2 years its kool.
Pros
Lunch and break some only get lunch here
Cons
Travel time my pick.
Pretty great place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, KSJune 8, 2017
I just started not too long ago with the company but the experience has been good. My manager is very supportive and works with my hours which is really nice since I'm working two jobs right now. All my coworkers are dynamic and hardworking and do a great job and are always up to help out if needed. Also the pay is pretty great for me (not many places pay above minimum wage here in a college town).
Pros
Great manager and coworkers
Great to work for!!!! Management is good and fair.
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 8, 2017
LACOSTA has many opportunities available for all employees.
Management is good, fair, and flexible. Gratifiacation is noticed when a great job is completed.
Pros
Flexibility, managerial help, and gratification that is shown
Good company to work for. Opportunities are good.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  GoofieldMay 19, 2017
I love that there are are opportunities for advancement & transferring to different parts of the country, if you should choose to do so.
Good management, fair, & flexible.
401k is great!!!
Pros
Fair pay & good people to work for
Cons
Needs to expand more in this area, for more opportunities.
Great company to work for!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 7, 2017
I have been with Lacosta for 6 months and I love the environment. Company seems to really care for all of its employees. There is room for advancement if you are a hard worker!
Pros
Great benefits, and great people.
Overall Great Company!
Janitor (Current Employee) –  AlabamaApril 7, 2017
I have been working with LACOSTA for a few months and I enjoy every minute of it. Its a great company. Cares for their employees. Offers great opportunities. Management is very supportive and understanding.
Pros
Great work environment!
Cons
Can't think of any
Not a good place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNMarch 14, 2017
They lied to us when they hired us. Said we would have BCBS insurance, we would make $14-15 an hour after 90 days. Never happened. Screwed up our paycheck & take 2-4 weeks for them to fix it. High turnover.
I like working with and around machines at the time the benefits wore OK.
A Paulper Operator- Load and unload Trucks (Former Employee) –  Loudon, TNMarch 7, 2017
I like driving a forklift and bobcat they are comfortable for me I also liked working with Manufacturing and production. the hardest part of the job would be working 7 days a week
This job does not offer alot
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 14, 2016
This job didn't offer any kind of a raise ever. Also manager acted like an employee talking about employee's to other employee's. Didn't offer help or a replacement sometimes if employee would call in. High turn over rate. I see why, they pile more work on you daily and pay minimum wage forever!
Pros
Little to no Supervision just come in and do your job.
Cons
Pay is a joke for amount of work they want out of you.
This job is diverse and never boring.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OK 74804September 17, 2016
Since the job was at night, having a personal life was difficult however, it was never boring and the management was very understanding and flexible. I learned that teamwork is very important to be successful in any aspect of life.
Worst place ive ever worked for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  KansasSeptember 7, 2016
Management only cares about lining their own pockets. They promise benefits and raises that you will never see. Over worked and under paid. Upper management lies about everything and make unkept promises. The job is more stress than anyone deserves. Do not work for them. You will regret it.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
More than i could ever explain.
I was a lead floore technician.
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJune 25, 2016
It was a job that shoed me how to do maintenance and work with new equipment while doing maintenance. I learned how to be accurate and efficient.
Do not work here - terrible atmosphere - run away from this place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wauconda, ILJune 9, 2016
little pay. no positive support, no direction, horrible job security, and lack of advancement. people have complained and gotten fired. so take your chance.. if so good luck.. run away as fast you can !!!!!!!!!!!
treat people lack of respect!!!!!!!
Pros
none at all
Cons
too many to mention
Fast paced, a lot to learn.
Picker and Packer (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IL 60076June 1, 2016
From the very start there is a lot of work. I learned assigned locations of the warehouse and how to move within them swiftly. The management is accessible. Co-workers are industrious. The hardest part of the job is to work non-stop from start to finish. The most enjoyable part of the job is to complete assignments.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Healthcare
Night shift lead
Reclaim specialist (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMay 31, 2016
the night shift lead has no respect for anyone demands that you do jobs that you are not qualified for or isn't in your job description.
Terrible
Central Stores Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 20, 2016
They don't care about you as an employee unless you have family or friends in high places. If you don't work days, don't expect a lunch even though you don't get paid for it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
NO RAISES/advancement, long probation periods with NO BENEFITS
Low pay, low morale.
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJFebruary 29, 2016
Management will bully you. You are expected to do a lot of work at 9 dollars an hour. It is hard to take breaks because you have to change your clothes to go outside the building. Management can be really shady. Staff at the building is very unfriendly to housekeeping. You barely get a head nod much less a smile or a simple hello, but they will criticize your work. Lots of tension between employees that makes a challenging work place to feel comfortable in.
A nice place to learn
Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 18, 2016
Lacosta is a wonderful work place to learn and grow. The management is very professional and will work with you to help you learn about other positions and advancements. I have enjoyed training in many of the positions that I have gotten to experience. It is a great enviornmennt
Horrible company
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHJanuary 21, 2016
My typical day is dealing with bad management and co-workers who are lazy PERIOD. What I learned is that its ok to come to work whenever,call off whenever,do whatever you want as you feel,milk the clock,no write ups,no one gets fired at all,being around a an unorganized company,also learned that they hire any and everybody who dont work and lie about transportation. My co-workers are immature and ghetto PERIOD not goals in life at all and they work the good workers to death picking up their slack. The hardest part of the job is dealing with nonsense and the company not living up to standards. My most important part of the job is getting off and not being there at all.
Pros
Cons
everything under sun which is obviously not good.. DO NOT APPLY AT ALL