Lacoste Employee Reviews

Unbeatable benefits in a luxury environment
Management (Former Employee) –  OHSeptember 3, 2016
Lacoste culture is wonderful, and affords the opportunity to meet both clients and peers from all walks of life. Upper management does change frequently, but moreso in the form of realignments rather than just bringing in new, outside leaders. Though the retail front is small with fewer than 100 stores nation-wide, there is a strong support system via phone, email and visits from area managers and other store associates. The heritage and history of the brand is strong and fun to learn, and the French background translates into amazing health benefits, 401K offerings, and PTO.
Pros
Amazing benefits, gifted wardrobe, strong support, some freedom to run store based on individual market and clientele
Cons
Little room to advance beyond store manager unless willing to relocate, shifts in upper management, overwhelming shipment schedules for new collections.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2017
Co-workers are what made Lacoste fun but everything outside of that was HORRIBLE. Upper-management did not know what they were doing along with corporate. Every single month they have new direction only to revise it next month. They offered no stability with the constant changes in the corporate office, it's no wonder why so many people at corporate have left. Lacoste' procedures are very outdated as well. My advice, if you want to have the chance to grow in a workplace, steer clear from this place. They never promote anyone, instead they much rather hire externally.
Pros
If you're lucky to have great co-workers
Cons
Corporate, leadership, lack of stability, low communication
A Professional Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 30, 2016
I was hired as Black Friday help, so I was only there for about a week. It was a great job though, everyone on the team was always ready to lend a helping hand to each other, and the team always put customer service first. Since it was Black Friday week, I wouldn't be qualified for a "typical day," but the team always was ready to assist each other. Management was always on top of things, and the store ran fine. The only down part was having to fold up the go-backs, but that was part of the job.
Pros
Teamwork, public, straightforward
Productive and a great place to work
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 24, 2017
Being at Lacoste is great. The work environment is easy going and fun to be in. Management cares about there employees. most enjoyable part about the job is the great co workers and store discounts.
Pros
snacks. co workers
Cons
n/a
n/a
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Great company to work for. I enjoy it very much every day is different and offers not just a career but also a good challenge.
Hey its a pay check
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2015
Used to be a place i loved to work. The benefits were great. My team was amazing. The best discount ever. But now there is so much more pointless work to on short notice from management that makes our jobs so much longer and difficult. You can only get benefits if you are full time and only store manager and assistant manager positions are full time. I stayed for one reason only cause of a check and that barely gets me by there are no bonuses and the pay raise sucks unless management pulls strings to get you a good wage. (Mostly happens if you're really good friends) needless to say i will be moving on to better opportunities shortly since i have jad my fill of folding polo's, bending over backwards to accommodate and getting chump cjange in return. Its obvious in the past few years that the importance of voice of the employees has fallen on deaf ears.
Pros
A check to get you by to the next one.
Cons
Hours suck. Starting wage is terrible.
productive and fun
Stock Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 6, 2017
Here I did work in the back stock room I id love it ,I love organizing things plus make things easy for my coworker .I also learn how to receive the shipment work as a team and finish paper work on the system!
A typical day at lacoste.
SALES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 2, 2016
There will be days when you could have a billion things to do and on top of that be swarmed with customers at the same time. There is times it could frustrate you and there times when its really exciting with customers. You run into so many different people from their heritage, taste of style and some are just humerus. Its a fun place to work at and a nice place to start an career at.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
Short breaks, health care, long hours standing
Can be a fun place to work if you have good employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lee, MAJanuary 23, 2017
This can be a fun place to work if you have good people to help you out. I wish this job was commission based because the customers can be snotty at times.
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJanuary 4, 2017
Lacoste was a great experience for myself and my family. The company provided me with ample opportunities to grow, learn and succeed.

Want to know more about Lacoste?

Ask a question
Busy, busy, busy!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee, MANovember 30, 2016
There is a lot of opportunity with this company. They are always sending us new ideas on how to better our store, our sales and our customer experience. Personal and professional growth is encouraged on a daily basis.
Super fun
Sales lead/Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJanuary 10, 2017
A great place to grow with one of the best retail companies. I have been through a lot of retail store's and had great fun at them all but I must say lacoste was overall good for me..I recommended it to anybody
Amazing work experience
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2017
Loved getting to work with this company. They are very focused on their employees, as well as their customers. Atypical day was moderately paced and fun.
Fun workplace with nice shoes !
Keyholder Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYOctober 10, 2016
customer service , stock , meeting regular tourist or customers , management is very friendly and caring more like a family other then just co workers.
Positive Staff great customers
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 9, 2016
Since the start of my time with Lacoste Ive learned alot about premium brands and the loyal clients who shop there . The start of my work day entails making sure sales forecasts and scheduling plans are in line for the rest of the team . Delegating tasks while encouraging and empowering my co workers has been my duty since the start of my position with Lacoste .
Pros
Great corporate team
Cons
Condescending Management, Poor Advancement Opprotunities
fast pasted
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAJanuary 9, 2017
my experience with Lacoste was normal granted there were some rude customers there I did like working here on certain days
Do your job to the best of your abilities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2016
This a is a solid job to understand how big corporation partakes in the daily operations of selling, as a sale associate I had hands on experience with dealing with product directly and taking care of the customer needs.
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 10, 2016
Has a great atmosphere and culture. If you want to pursue a career in clothing this is the place for you. Network with anyone you meet and you'll enjoy your time there.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 20, 2016
A very crazy place to work and to shop at as well. I personally didn't like it for management was horrible and rude towards all co-workers. Way too pricey for me but definitely paid well, $9.00 an hour is great in comparison to other retail stores.
Pros
15-30 min break depending on how long your shift was
Cons
Poor management
Company with great core values, poor field management.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  ConfidentialDecember 28, 2013
Amazing core values that really motivate employees and managers, however, are not always executed by management staff in the field. Company is very disorganized and is outdated in processes. Compensation for field staff is great. A great company for a less experienced individual that is seeking a business ownership role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lacoste. Our community is ready to answer.