Lady Luck Casino Employee Reviews

Definitely fast paced and very strict
Slot Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caruthersville, MO 63830August 29, 2017
At this job, in any department, you will be working nights, holidays and weekends. It is very hard to get off of work for family related events. You have to put it in advance and no one else in your department can be off that day. The pay in the company for this property is the lowest of all of the properties, although, in my department, I am doing the work of more than 3 positions. Very fast paced, lots of unhappy customers.
Pros
quarterly bonus
Cons
no holidays, weekends off
Love the people, hate the place
Server (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOAugust 25, 2017
I was blessed with incredible supervisors that motivated me to be my best while working which enabled me to obtain a high amount of tips every night but hourly pay for the amount of work required was not worth it. I also submitted applications for promotions and because of my hard work ethic was told that I was more needed on the floor with no pay increase than in a managerial position. Due to lack of advancement I had to seek out other employment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of Advancement
Small casino back then.
Cocktail waitress (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 22, 2017
The girls were great to work with. The bosses weren't great but that was a long time ago. I'm sure they're no longer there. My problem with management then, was I got a job at Ballys while I was still working at Lady Luck, they had a problem with me working in a union house & said so.
Server (Current Employee) –  Farmington, PAAugust 22, 2017
I enjoy working there. I have been there for four years. Looking to move on, because I've been looked over several times for promotions. I need to move on, if I am not going to have advancement opportunity.
good environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOAugust 17, 2017
friendly environment and good potential easy to catch on to get to meet new people every day have fun there's always something to do no matter if it's busy or slow
ok job if you have no kids
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Marquette, IAJune 9, 2017
Great starter job but not a full time career. Wasnt willing to work with my schedule when i was pregnant and the Benefits werent very good. So if you dont have kids this is a great job for you.
Good money
Lead snack bar attendent (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOMarch 13, 2017
They don't care what you have going on at home or if there is snow and ice on the ground, you have to be at work anyway. Very hard to move up in the company. Management is really poor and they talk down to you for no reason at all and almost always find a way to make you quit so they doubt have to pay you unemployment.
Work at a real casino
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Farmington PAMarch 7, 2017
I would not recommend people to work here. All the department's are a joke and have high turnover rates. Customers always say they are not coming back because of rudeness or not enough specials and give aways. The security department is the biggest joke. It's ran by an idiot who got fired from the same position at the resort next door. Grave shift does not make extra money like most places have. The Hr department doesn't do anything to help either.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Poor management and poorly run all together
Great Company
Cold Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAJanuary 18, 2017
Management is wonderful and so is everyone that works there.
Everyone there is willing to help with anything that you may need, and is willing to help you move up.
loved working with all of my co-workers here
Cashier/Guest Services/ Vault Keeper (Former Employee) –  Black Hawk, COJanuary 12, 2017
A work day would be filled with laughter, and fun. Everybody was enjoyable to work with, very cool, and mature environment. I'd have to say it is the most relaxed place that I have ever worked.
Pros
wonderful people to work with
Cons
no holiday party's or holiday bonuses, always change ways to get bonuses, and they become more, and more difficult, management is lacking in most departments
Good working enviorment.
Table Games Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carruthersville, MOJanuary 4, 2017
They value their employees & do whatever it takes to keep the culture a family vibe. The compensation is amazing, and there is plenty of opportunity for growth. The only reason I left was because of the distance from where I lived.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
travel distance from my home.
Exciting workplace
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be standing at a table smiling and speaking and waiting on someone to join your table to play. I learned how to deal and sort cards. Management and co-workers are good people. Most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and learning others including guest.
Very home like and good people to be around
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSNovember 30, 2016
A Typical day at work was very laid back and slow. I've learned that its not always your fault when a customer or guest isn't happy. I loved my co-workers because we all got alone really great.
Great place to be around
Security Officer/Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  Black Hawk, COOctober 31, 2016
Everyone was always friendly and super nice in general. As far as the job itself goes, it could be a hard day if i was working alone the whole night.
Very inconsistent in every aspect
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Nemacolin, PAOctober 29, 2016
While some members of the staff are friendly, most are not. There is a huge lack of consitiency in product as well as instruction. There needs to be a huge change or else I believe the service as well as the company will continue to decline.
Not a great experience...
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Marquette, IAOctober 25, 2016
My first casino job in my work history. It was new and it wasn't bad for what I was assigned to do as a Cage Cashier. The hardest part of the job I can honestly say would be the customers. If they weren't doing so well at the slots, you got the brunt of their frustrations which made your work day well... a pain. Co-workers weren't as bad at times, but could be difficult. The business did allow smoking in the facility, which me being a non-smoker, very uncomfortable and hard to breathe at times. During a staff meeting, myself and a few others have expressed to make it non-smoking, which of course was only heard of deaf ears by the management as their excuse was "loss of business"...I wouldn't go back to this place again.
Pros
Pto, good benefits.
Cons
Management, not enough breaks, unstable work hours.
very nice place
Surveillance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lula, MSOctober 17, 2016
this was my 1st job in surveillance, it was great learning all the things that happens in the casinos. the training was a pit hard but had a trainers
Awesome
Slot Technician/Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOAugust 9, 2016
Lady Luck was a wonderful place to work, I enjoyed what I did always had fun on the job. A great place to meet interesting people.
Very fast paced and many customers.
Front Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Marquette, IAJuly 20, 2016
Lady Luck Casino was a great place to work,. My coworkers were amazing. I got many many hours. The people that work there were upbeat and fun.
Good Casino to start a Casino career, but don't look for much advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington, PAApril 28, 2016
Small intimate environment gives the illusion of a friendly company. However the inability to properly manage and effectively build their employees has made this a tough job to stick with.
Pros
small business feel
Cons
poor management, no recognition