Lafarge North America Employee Reviews

Good company/people to work with/for
Millwright (Former Employee), texada islandJuly 21, 2015
liked the job, good environment to work in and always full of new challenges. safety oriented. good company to work for. learned lots of new skills I put towards my new trade.
whould have been a great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 17, 2015
Pros: working with the guys as you know i was a superviser at teauge
Cons: wish they would have put me on full time
8 to 10 hr a day 5 days a week
management shoud say thinks thats that are right and blow things up when they know its not the truth. love being there got work with the guys and show them how to build this truck.the time that they gave me, and not have parts in stock .so i had to make them as well in that time fram. and the most was just building trucks
Great place work
Electrical Technician (Former Employee), Joppa, ILMarch 2, 2015
Very involved with the family members of their co-workers. Many family events to attend. To allow you to get to know the co-workers along with their families on a more personal level. Good management, who are all level headed. All in all great environment.
Challenging job with great benefits
Dispatcher/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: better communication
Great place to work. Very nice staff. Everyone pulls their own weight. Needs to be more interoffice connectivity as each department rarely communicated with the other departments.
Great people but company is going through growing pains
Human Resources (Generalist) Coordinator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 22, 2015
Great network of people in the company. There have been a lot of recent changes at the upper and senior management level due to changes within the organization. I enjoyed working there for the most part but the changes caused a lot of good people to leave due to not wanting to relocate to the Chicago office.
Typical Day
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Newnan, GANovember 4, 2014
Pros: learned new skills
Cons: not much chance for advancement
I did preventive maintenance daily. I did a lot of trouble shooting on electrical, air and hydraulic systems. I learned a lot of trouble shooting skills on equipment that had never worked on before.
Review
Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 6, 2014
I thought the entrepreneur experience was a great one. It gave my
perspective on how hard it is start and run a business without
good people to move your business along.
Instrumentation Electrician (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: dirty enviroment
I did electrical maintenance in entire plant. I operated all sorts of equipment and kept inventory.
barge loading
barge loader (Former Employee), Ravena, NYJune 25, 2014
well it was fun working on the river.we worked in groups of 4....when it came to barge loading we had a big responsibility...I would load...I had two guys that would walk around and made sure everything was safe and good...the third guy was my system man...he would make sure I had good feed on my belts and took samples of cement every hr,..
Good Company. Bad Management. H.R. disorganized. plenty of room for improvement.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Silver Grove, KYJune 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good co-workers.
Cons: management`s indifferent attitude.
Good job. Dirty place. Co-workers concerned about others and their work. Lower management overworked. Upper management unconcerned. I enjoyed working with most people there, especially plant maintenance personnel. The point-sytem employed by staff was extremely unfair and they could care less.
Face paced manufacturing environment
Bundler Operator (Current Employee), Buchanan, NYJune 2, 2014
Pros: good pay, co-workers
Cons: long days, travel, no set schedule
Typical day starts with a pre-shift/safety meeting discussing the production for the day ahead of us, then onto the work floor where any quality or maintenance issues are also discussed with the shift being relieved. Each day is something different with the production of various types of drywall. It is a fast paced environment where any hiccup can cause upsets in the production. When upsets do arise, each employee is cross-trained on various jobs limiting the amount off lost product. The hardest part of the day is remaining focused on all issues, most importantly your own safety and the safety of the person next to you. Safety takes priority over anything else. The most enjoyable part of the day is everyone going home the same way they came in.
nice coworkers
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Silver Grove, KYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: staying busy
Cons: to many bosses
I liked to drive a forklift and the hours I worked. The coworkers were real nice to work with and very cooperative with others.
I loved my job at Lafarge
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Carbondale COMarch 1, 2014
Pros: daily new challenges
Cons: lafarge sold out to another company
I would dispatch RMX trucks every other day. On the opposite days I would take the orders and do the scheduling for the next business day's orders. Everyday was a new day. Always challenging. I worked well with my fellow team-mates. The hardest part of my job was scheduling the trucks for the times that the customers would want especially during the busy season.
Estimator/Scheduler
Estimator (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: starbucks coffer
Cons: long commute
Work with engineers and project managers on Cement Processing Plants throughout North America.
Great workplace
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Houma, LAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: work at all hours of the night
Work with great people and great pay. Outside and inside work done.
Great Company
Materials Performance Technician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 31, 2013
Miss working for such a good employer . Always took great care of the employees.
Fantastic employer
Finance Analyst (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAOctober 22, 2013
Financial Analysis exposure was invaluable to growing my career.
Very relaxed environment
Terminal Operator (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: plenty of ot opportunity.
Cons: long winters when the river freezes over
Unload barges of bulk powdered cement, bulk load semi-trucks, maintain plant equipment and conduct day to day operations.
day to day
cccd manager and safety instructor (Current Employee), elgin ilJune 27, 2013
Pros: rewarding
Typical day is a mixture of opening the facility insuring that my staff has what they need and being sure all safety instructions and meetings are up to date. My co workers are always complimenting me on my easy going ways and how i make them smile with my personality. I find it rewarding that i can make an impact on there lives
operations management
Operations/Plant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2013
Managed multiple high volume and high profile plants in the Atlanta area. Learned a lot in customer value.