Lafarge

Lafarge Employer Reviews

already did this one
Heavy Equipment Operator and Miner (Former Employee), Cave-In-Rock, ILNovember 6, 2014
already did this one, great experience, got to learn alot about mining industry. got to run all kinds of heavy equipment and got certified threw cattepillar
Command and Control Culture
Director, Property and Government Affairs (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Buy, sweat the assets then sell mentality in my opinion. Absolutely no respect for work like balance.
great people policys are not conductive to futher advancement
Miner (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: more full time positions
good company great management, needs top employ mre full time people in order to maintain housekeeping tasks,to aviod further work place violATIONS
good job
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), al fuheisFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short break
training on electric drives, motors and generators operation
Fast paced, multi task, International Company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: nice people
Email and Calendar maintenance for Executive Management Team. Domestic and International Travel accommodations. Interact with all departments, plant employees and other Administrative personnel in other cities and states. Enjoyed all my co-workers, everyone worked hard but took time to be helpful and work together as a team. My position was to support several Executives and everyone's needs were important, sometimes difficult working with many interruptions. I enjoyed the fast pace of my job and to be diligent in helping others. I am a team player.
Very old company with a lot of resources
Quality Engineer/Supervisor (Former Employee), Harleyville, SCDecember 11, 2013
Pros: ownership of product/systems
Cons: non-stable market
The cement industry is very old so there is a lot knowledge already built into the organization.

Typical day was reviewing the data from QA and Process and determining it's potential impact on the daily product and determining the rates of raw materials to be blended to create the best product.

I learned the importance of good structured systems and auditing and how to set them up.

The hardest part of the job was the volatility of the market. It dictated how we ran and the schedule.

The most enjoyable was ownership they gave to each employee over a system or piece of equipment.
Good company
Eastern Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Central MarylandSeptember 17, 2013
Lafarge was a great company to work for and a strong company. Unfortunately they sold our division.
great place to work
Process Intern (Former Employee), Joppa, ILJune 15, 2013
great place to start a career. everyone is very helpful and the people you work with make the job.
Fly Ash Tech
Fly Ash Technician (Current Employee), KSFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: advancement, benefits
Cons: playing a key role
A work day would consist of running tests of fly ash per ASTM 618. From graduation to my first job, I learned valuable knowledge about fly ash as well as extended my knowledge of concrete.
A Typical Work Day at Lafarge North America
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Metairie, LouisianaJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: leave for dr. appts, breaks when needed, family leave when needed, attend your kid functions at shcool
Cons: we really could not leave for lunch, lunch was at your desk.
A typical work day at Lafarge begins in the early morning typical (01:00)am. From 01:00 am to 06:00, I am in the office alone. In this time frame depending on the work load, I am dispatching drivers to designated job sites, answer all phones from customers and Lafarge saleman and taking orders. Time goes by really fast, 06:00am is here. The other dispatchers begin to come in for their work day. Now the day gets a little easier, I now have help. On Mondays when my co-worker gets in, he would releive me so I can get payroll completed before 09:00am. At 11:00am my work day is over.

LaFarge was a big happy family. We worked 10 hours days 6 days a week, but I enjoyed my job.

My leaving LaFarge were personal reasons. I recently remarried and relocated to Baton Rouge, La., where my husband lives.
41/2 ****
Millwright, welder, operator (Former Employee), Morrison, COJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: the employees &safety were real good
Cons: better once the union was gone.
Very good place to work always learning something new .very good equipment,well kept,
Safe,challenging work environment with high production standards.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Maintenance (Current Employee), Perryville,MO.January 3, 2013
Pros: supervisors and plant managers working alongside you when production plant breaks down.
Cons: dirty, dusty conditions make job difficult to meet production goals.
Each day started with a safety/production meeting detailing the importance of using proper safety equipment and tools for a specific task. Challenging production standards requires the help of every employee which creates a very productive team. My co-workers are always alert and look out for the safety of others,including outside contractors and customers. These qualities gives employees "Good piece of mind" and trust in one another.
Lafarge is a disappointement
accountant (Current Employee), SSC SouthfieldJune 26, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: favoritism and rude work enviroment>
There is no loyalty at this company. They use and abuse you. It's all about politics and not performance.
Great company, great benefits
Project Lead (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 21, 2012
Flexible work hours
Good salary and benefits
Great people to work with
Expect a re-org ever 3-5 years
relaxed environment, fast paced
Lead Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COApril 26, 2012
Pros: the people, customers
Cons: the long hours, 430am to 600 or 700 pm
there would be 3 people in dispatch office each day. 2 would take calls and input orders for that day or the following days. the other person would dispatch trucks. In this position we rotated out the weeks and weekends