Lafayette Consolidated Government Employee Reviews

Balanced
Senior Center Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 17, 2017
Balanced work and of on weekends. No overtime and the pay is not sufficient for what I do as a coordinator. I enjoy working with the seniors, but I hate the gossip between the entire department. The hardest part of my job is taking suggestions from the 1200 seniors that attend the health and wellness center and trying to make everyone happy for the monthly calendar I make.
Pros
I love interacting with the seniors
Cons
The job gets boring and stressfull
Great Company
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2017
I enjoy working with Public Works/LCG. We work as a team here and it feels like family. I appreciate them giving me the opportunity to work for such a great company with great people.
Productive place to work.
Engineering Aide Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 1, 2017
Good place to work and great people to work with. Not the best as far as training employees. Had to take on responsibilities outside of job description in order to get a raise.
Disappointment
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 4, 2017
Services not completed, Working in the heat with very few breaks. The mentality of those hired is "do as little as possible" I don't care attitude, which overloads those that are actually doing their job. Favoritism is played in regards to advancement.
Pros
Pay check every two weeks
Cons
Short lunches, no overtime, lack of supervised training, difficult to out of one department to another.
Electrical Engineering Aide II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2017
I learned a lot working there. I participated in numerous trainings and met with a lot of vendors who also helped me understand my job better. My boss was a great person!
Fast paced environment. Learned a lot.
Electric Distribution Dispatcher/Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 15, 2017
Receiving high volume of incoming calls from customer when there were power outages or issues with water/sewer system, I had to know the city map and know where to send the engineers when there were power outages in a timely manner.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Worked 12 hour shift
Challenging but rewarding job
Claims Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 9, 2017
Typically had injured employees come in to make their w/c claims. Learned to be attentive, use math to determine benefits, and use computer to evaluate and implement those benefits. Was consulted and consulted new employees on how the w/c claims process was administered. Co-workers were helpful in gathering information about injured employees. The hardest part of the job was finding enough time to do proper investigation of all the claims being made. The most enjoyable part was to see an employee benefit from my handling of their claim and successfully return to their job.
Pros
usage of company vehicles and convention attendance
Hard Labor
Labor II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 22, 2016
Learned many different trades. Bad work environment. Hard labor work and inconstant job task. No respect among co-workers,
Productive workplace.
Service Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2016
Great job with great benefits. I learned how to drive buses, fire trucks, dump trucks and much more heavy equipment. Also have paid holiday vacations. Working for Lafayette Consolidated Government was a great place to work for.
Pros
Healthcare, annual leave, and sick leave.
Cons
short lunch break and low pay.
LCG Review
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 28, 2016
I received a lot of accounting experience working at Lafayette Consolidated Government. My duties including reconciling accounts, recording deposits, recording year end accruals, assuring funds were expended with contract guidelines and working with external auditors to ensure accurate financial statements.

I really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere while being able to use my Accounting degree in a professional setting. The hardest part was dealing while the State and Federal government during the audits to obtain information.
Pros
Accounting Experience
Cons
Politics
Love to drive around and learn different parts of Lafayette
Parking Control Officer- Duties (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working for the city of Lafayette. Every day I was issued a company vehicle to patrol the city for vehicles and on average, issued 20 or 30 violations daily.
Pros
Issued Company Vehicle
Cons
Worked in rain or cold weather
Quiet office a lot of busy work, joyful people
intern (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 27, 2015
My supervisors are very professional but at the same time friendly and helpful. My work day consist of mapping city projects at the computer and pulling and reorganizing existing projects. I am a lot younger than all of my co-workers, but get along very well with everyone, they treat me as an adult, not a child, like I was expecting when I got here. The most enjoyable part of the job was the knowledge I gained from this experience.
Pros
good pay, long lunches
Cons
no benifits
Excellent job for community service
Building Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  LaFayette LaOctober 12, 2015
I enjoyed working with the city because of the exposure of many activities that takes place in the community. The team comes together to make many activities and programs successful in the community. The facilities support all aspects of the communities in and around Lafayette La for many different people.
Pros
Work hours are great. Room for growth.
Lcg
aid (Former Employee) –  lafayetteMarch 23, 2015
This is a very good place to work. Every single employee is help in all aspects from top to bottom. Good place to work. I highly recommend those seeking employment to consider this place.
Sign Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 1, 2014
I was able to learn a lot, but there was little room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Very Productive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette LaMay 27, 2014
A typical day at work is reviewing files for clients. The co workers here are great and they are willing and able to teach you what they know. The hardest part the job is when a client is having a bad day because of the nature of work. The most enjoyable part is knowing you made a difference in someone's life.
Pros
Great enviroment
productive job i learned a lot
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 3, 2014
i enjoyed this job there wasnt too many days that i werent happy about. we always had work to do. cutting grass around the parks was probably the easy part i must say.there was the long hot days of walking in big coulees with weed eaters and spraying round up to kill the grass and there were days we had to spray paint the football field either for soccer or high school football games..over all i must say i enjoyed this job but i had to pursue myself as a per son which lead to me screen printing
Pros
great benefits retirement plan
Productive enviroment. Professional work place.
Animal Control Officer (Current Employee) –  lafayette,LaOctober 9, 2013
You see new things everyday. It teaches you life lessons. It is a tough place to work but manageable.
bad management
Laborer 2 (Former Employee) –  lafayette,laAugust 26, 2013
a place where a good hard worker is trained to be lazy. Day starts at 7 in morning but if your 1 min late that's a write up. 3 or more you can be suspended unless manger likes you and looks the other way.
Pros
mon.-fri.
Cons
bad manergers
People are good to work with.
Laborer 2/ Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 2, 2013
People are great to work with,
Worked with public alot of the time, met some very interesting people there.