Lafayette General Medical Center Employee Reviews

wonder ful work place
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 29, 2016
I been with LGMC going on 5yreasr the atmosphere is excellent
f=great learning experience just wonderful team of people .
Icu tech
ICU Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 28, 2016
Assisting patients with all their daily needs, such as bathing, hygiene, positioning, and transportation. Admit and discharge patients out of the computer systems, File all patient information and procedures and tests in a timely manner. Marinating and ordering supplies as needed
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Research Coordinator/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 4, 2016
A typical day at work was fun and enjoyable, working in the clinical research department was very interesting. Leadership was wonderful with great leadership qualities. Co-workers were great team players, willing to learn , positive attitude, and great organizational and communication skills. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help them the patients.
Great place to start
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 7, 2016
I enjoy working here. The leaders are amazing. They invested in my career with training and development. I was always busy with meaningful and challenging work.
Pros
management
Cons
turnover
Decent work enviornment
Patient Account Services (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 28, 2016
The managers could use some training along with the employees. But it is a very friendly place. Hardest part of the job is employees running to other employees and talking about your business, Some of my coworkers are awesome work with.
Pros
2 breaks, and leaving at 4;30p
Cons
not getting off half days on Fridays
Great
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 10, 2016
I enjoyed working here and being able to learn so much about the different areas and how the medical field was piece together to help people in need heal. The Physical therapy staff was amazing and as a PT tech. I was glad to have the chance to work with them to develop as the person I am today. This job would make you strive to be great.
Ordinary hospital
Staff RN on Telemetry-Neurology Unit (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 8, 2016
This hospital is just a another hospital in the Louisiana. Young, dedicated professionals, high standards for patients care.
Pros
team
Cons
nurse/patient ratio
not enough hours.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 7, 2016
i loved the job. i had to quit because i was always getting cancelled. couldn't pay my bills and support children.the nurses and doctors I worked under were awesome.
Pros
i loved the job.
Cons
always getting cancelled. not enough hours
Cover all of your bases!
LPN Med Surg (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 1, 2016
It's all about who you know here. There's devious things done to employees that work for this company. If you work for them make sure you leave on good terms and get it in writing, nurses are disposable to them.
Unprofessional department
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 15, 2016
Working as a Access Representative in the Emergency Room was great...the pay not so great but you do get a shift differential. The department manager is very unprofessional and does not know how to handle conflict resolution. The departments environment is not pleasant coworkers are very messy so much drama for such a professional place of employment.
Pros
Working with Doctors and Nurses
Cons
Its hard to move to another position
Decent at most
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 29, 2016
Overall, I worked with some phenomenal people who I was fortunate enough to build relationships with. The job itself was not so bad. It became hectic at times but it was always manageable. Management when I was there was not so effective. You had good ones and bad ones and sometimes the job was effected. However, I enjoyed working for this company thanks to the employees.
Pros
Overtime, Benefits, Good Environment
Cons
Pay, Management
Helping patients and famlies understand proper health and healing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant Neuro Tech (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2016
Making patients were comfortable and in stable medical condition, I learned helping others in the time of illness really defines who you as an individual, management was very understanding and willing to help out in many ways, my co workers were amazing and helpful, the hardest part of my job is seeing patients pass away.
Pros
Helping patients become better
Cons
Short staff
Enjoyed working at a hospital
Lab assistant/medical records clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2016
worked closely with doctors, patients, and lab. worked in medical records when needed. printed physicians reports. Answered phones assisting patients and doctors offices. was also a courier picking up blood work from doctors offices
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Opportunity in a Unit Dedicated to Great Patient Satisfaction
LGMC Leadership (Current Employee) –  SouthwestMay 15, 2016
This position is unlike typical unit secretary. Looking for someone with awesome customer service skills!! Looking for a positive addition to our hardworking team.... Our payients and families are so appreciative of staff who WELCOME them to our services. Hours are daytime with expectation to work closely with nurses, Nurse assistant and management. Computer skills and people skills required.
Pros
Awesome Administration ; Unit Staff and Leadership support
Difficult management, terrible pay and benefits
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 23, 2016
Management doesn't care about employees and caters too much to the doctors. Have created an environment where the physicians are allowed to micro-manage every aspect of how the OR runs. Staff is expected to perform duties that are outside of their scope of practice in order to make the surgeon's lives easier, i.e. closing wounds. OR director has zero surgery experience and manager is a yes man and does only what makes him look good to upper management. Employees that don't complain get dumped on while the ones who complain the most get special treatment. Severe lack of teamwork because everyone is overworked and are always trying to get back at the coworkers that get away with being lazy. Since the hospital is short staffed, bad employees are not fired because they need the warm bodies. Some of these people are put on shifts that nobody else wants even if they are not capable of doing the job. Benefits are not good at all. Insurance is more expensive and offers less coverage than other hospitals in the area. Pay is terrible and not enough to make the job worth it.
Pros
Cons
Just about everything
Productive and good place to work
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 11, 2016
Giving customer service, I learn that customers just want to be heard and helped, the hardest part of my job is not getting 15 minute breaks the most enjoyable thing is customer satisfaction .
Pros
holidays
Cons
no breaks
Slow paced, and Hard to work with others
Valet Parking (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 25, 2016
Slow Paced, and very hard to work with the company and the management. I would spend majority of my day just standing in the front of the valet area waiting for something happen. Nothing really exciting would happen during this 10 hour work day, majority of the time was wasted
Pros
Good pay for little work
Cons
management, employees, and no work
Productive work environment, great personnel to have.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 18, 2015
Very pleasant and well mannered institution. Up to standard and code, with supportive management as expected from a fine work place.
Great job!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. The nurses were helpful. Other managerial departments were great also. Pay is standard. I would recommend this job to a friend.
PBX operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette La.September 30, 2015
Lgmc employees treat you like family. I love the positive work ethic.
The improvements made to the hospital make working at LGMC a pleasure and a dream come true.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lafayette General Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lafayette General Medical Center Reviews by Location