Lafayette General Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great Job
Executive Chef/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 5, 2017
Worked for Aramark. They are a great company with a ton of support and advancement opportunities. The hospital is patient satisfaction driven and it shows. I would happily work there again
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 3, 2017
I have no complaints with the employer,I would just like to travel.The case manager work well as a team.Varied
Levels of experience. The staff nurses are willing to assist with discharge planning.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Turnover
Very productive
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 28, 2017
Great environment. I love working with staff that works together and get the job done. Very fast pace. We prepare all diet orders for entire hospital. We stock all suppplies. We mk sure the patients are well feed. Preparing food. Making salads. Cleaning the kitchen. Making sure we're stocked real well. Working together as a team.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very fun place to work
Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 13, 2017
After I left AT&T, I had no idea what I was going to do, when I was hired at Lafayette General, I was so excited, I met new and fascinating people, everyone was very friendly and helpful, I really loved my job there.
Pros
Good Benefits, and so much more
Cons
that i had to leave
nice place
Medical Surgical RN (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2017
very nice places with people that are always super friendly and always willing to help or to give and advice or knowledge that they can impart to a new employee or someone that is struggling....
Stressful
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 30, 2017
Dishonest place to work. Heartless about employees and their personal needs. Salaries don't match a experience. Never recommend someone to apply for a job.
no comment
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 19, 2017
the job was hard, employees were angry all the time. managers didnt helpout their employees like they should. the pay sucked, but the customers gave us relief.
Good place to work.
LPN, CPHM, CCS (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 18, 2017
Good place to work with great benefits.Its family oriented and employees are top priority. Benefits are great along with community discounts. Opportunity for continued education is encouraged.
Poor Management
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LA 70503October 18, 2017
Poor Management, the place is kept nice but the co workers and doctors there treat their staff like nothing. I wouldn't work there ever again it was not enjoyable.
Pros
health care
Cons
time off
It is a very good environment to work to.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2017
I have been here 4 years. I love working with my employers very much. my job that I do is make sure that every patient get the best care possible. You must treat your patients just like u would want to be treated. Treat them with the best care. The hardest part of the job is working with people that make a lot of differences between all the rest employers.
not helpful management treats you as there CHILD
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 17, 2017
I would work for LGMC not aramark they are not fair and don't accommodate you. They don't take any type of excuses from doctors or lawyers. I would never work for them if they paid me triple!
Radiology department is the best
UHCPatient Transporter (Former Employee) –  UHCAugust 7, 2017
I would clock in, put my belongings in my locker, log in to my computer and start my day. I learned that there really are some amazing individuals out there that love to work and will lend a hand if you need it. I was not a part of the radiology department but I was fortunate enough to work with that team on a daily basis. The hardest part was having to talk to my boss. She did not know me nor did she try to get to know me.
Pros
working with a great team of individuals
Cons
my boss
great place to work
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2017
My manager was great !!! i worked the weekends which sometimes were very hectic, great place to work on skill set. I was very regretful I had to leave for family reasons.
Excellent Manager, great teamwork amongst peers
Registered Nurse, NICU (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 29, 2017
NICU nursing is challenging but I love it. Adequate opportunities for learning new skills on a regular basis. Educational opportunities on a regular basis with the Education dept keeping abreast of needs.
Pros
Covered parking, adequate breaks, updated equipment.
Cons
No ice machine in department
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 20, 2017
I loved working there! Would recommend anyone to go. Clean & the staff is very friendly & team work was a plus! The pay was very decent. I took many trips :)
great place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 14, 2017
love working there just couldn't stay due to hours worked after giving birth had to work different hours and none available at the time for the sitter availabilty
Pros
good benifits
Productive very difficult personalities no one seemed happy
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 13, 2017
New management had come into place over the last few months. The department had hit some rough spots with their outlook on the way it is being ran and their spirits were quite low. The hardest part of my job was coming to work and trying to stay positive with so many people having so many negative attitudes. I learned that no matter what kind of day the next person is having you must stay positive because your in customer service and that patient needs to see you smile.
Pros
patient care
Cons
negative workplace
A great place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 13, 2017
LGH is a wonderful place of employment. The culture here is the best I have ever experienced! I would recommend for anyone interested in the medical field to work here.
Nice place to work
RN/CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 8, 2017
Decent work environment. Nurses were somewhat cliquish. Room for promotion and advancement. Good benefits. No paid days off at the time I worked there.
Fast paced environment
Senior Database Decision Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 19, 2017
A typical work data includes creating reports for various hospital departments.

Monthly database integrations and audits are also a part of my job responsibilities.

The culture is relaxed.