lagoon

lagoon Employer Reviews

A fun company to work for and a great summer job
Foods (Former Employee), Farmington, UTApril 15, 2014
at Lagoon I would assist customers with their food, it was a lot of fun to be able to work at an amusement park at a young age where I could begin my journey into the working world
Good summer job for kids
Group Food Services (Former Employee), Farmington, UTMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunity
Cons: outdoors in the summer heat
Very good opportunity for kids to learn responsibility. Hires at 14 so unfortunately Lagoon does not have to may minimum wage, but, get in free to ride when not working.
Management over the landscaping department are excellent
Landscape Designer (Current Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 22, 2013
If you like working outdoors with an almost endless variety of tasks to perform and you are self motivated and can be trusted to do your best at whatever you are called upon to do, you could not ask for better people and a more exciting job than working at Lagoon. The work is hard and the pay is minimum, but if you love landscaping and working hard – more... this job may be what you are looking for. – less
Great job that taught me how to interact with people.
Ride Operator/Ride Coach (Former Employee), Farmington, UTNovember 25, 2013
This job advanced me into training new employees on how to run the rides in the proper manner.
Fun and productive
Foodservice Worker (Former Employee), Farmington, UTSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: working with a lot of different people everyday, and the lunch was good
Cons: lunch came out of your paycheck, the breaks were 30 minutes
A typical day at work at lagoon would be, i would arrive on time and clock in and then do my assigned job, next i would go on break when told by my manager, then continue working until the next person arrived to take over the night shift.
At lagoon i learned customer service and i leaned how to handle money. Management at lagoon was really good and – more... the managers worked hard to make sure everyone was doing their job.
I loved my co-workers i got along with all of them and still keep in touch with them. they were all amazing people and enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working outside in the heat.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers, talking to them, and awnsering any questions they had. – less
Great Summer Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Farmington, UTJune 11, 2013
Pros: breaks, meeting new people
Cons: hours, driving time, management
A typical day at work at Lagoon working in Foods, would be to take orders, help other employees with their orders, make sure that the stand is clean, and everything is in order and stocked. From working at Lagoon I have learned a lot about time management, how to count change back to customers, and many other great qualities. The hardest party about – more... working at lagoon, would have to be how many hours you have to be on you're feet for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the human interaction I got each day. – less
Had fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Farmington, UTFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: large break area, bonus at end of year
Cons: the sun
Typical work day was to arrive at work, clean up the ride, or take the previous operator off their shift. A lot of sunlight in the eyes, and dealing with people, whether reasonable or difficult.
I learned a lot about how to deal with people, of all kinds. Dealing with people and little kids, and a smile and courtesy go a long way, but also people can – more... be incredibly rude anyways, but don't get hurt over it.
Management was pretty good, difficult to fill out applications though because I don't know much if anything about my management and I had four supervisors.
My coworkers were great, usually easy to talk to or discuss things such as working out basic ride troubleshooting or who should go on break first.
Hardest part of the job was just dealing with the sun, and the heat, and keeping hydrated. Dealing with guests could be quite difficult but it paid off in the end at some point.
Enjoyable part was just being able to talk and enjoy time with my coworkers on lunch break or on the double operator rides. It made the experience a lot more fun, especially at night when the number of guests dwindled so we didn't have as many people coming in to ride the ride so we could chat while we cleaned. – less
Work here for Fun!!!
Seasonal Ride Operator (Former Employee), Farmington, UTJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: coworkers, management, fun!, advancement opportunities, seasonal
Cons: pay, seasonal, outside
I learned a lot about myself when working at Lagoon. I grew a lot of confidence is what I was able to do and how hard working I am. The management is easy to talk to and sociable. I admit it is not for the soft hearted though. It is hard work and if you stick through it and make it enjoyable you will love working there.
Productive and fun work-place
Frightmares (Former Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 19, 2012
Pros: weight loss from walking around.
Cons: late nights on school nights.
I worked at Lagoon during the Halloween season for Frightmares. It was so much fun! My typical day at work would be great. There was never anything the same because my co-workers and I were always switched around. We did make-up everyday and sometimes it could be a pain, but I was ok with it. it was my first job, so I got the working experience. The – more... managers were great. The hardest part of my job was not breaking character. If I scared someone, I would have to try really hard not to laugh.My favorite parts was scaring people and getting my make-up done because I would get to talk with my friends and everything. My co-workers could be snobby, but a lot of them were nice. In the end I had so many friends. – less
Super fun place to work with great employees
Ride Operator (Current Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 9, 2012
I loved this job, and am extremely glad that I came across it. The typical day was to clock in at ride, or ride office if have relief, and then start doing checks. After open it is pretty routine, but that was fine with me.

I learned how to always keep a smile on my face, and that you can make friends at your work place. I also learned how to supervise – more... people without being a bother, even though I wasn't a supervisor, I still picked up on this skill because my supervisors were so good at displaying it.

My favorite part of the job was to talk to the guests and make sure that they are happy. Even though that is also the hardest part of the job, because of the rules, I still found it enjoyable. – less
Fun work place
Restroom Attendent (Current Employee), Farmington, UTSeptember 17, 2012
Great place to work management is always cheerful and helpful with any problems we might have.
Great place to start gaining work expierence.
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Farmington, UTMay 20, 2012
Lagoon is a GREAT place for kids to start out. They teach many important skills that can be used when you move on. They are fun to work for, management is strict, but there is no micromanaging and they keep the environment fun.
Good for baseline/first job
Games Operator (Former Employee), Farmington UTMarch 13, 2012
Pros: free admittance to lagoon
Cons: money, hours, stressful
Pay sucks. You either get not enough hours or way too many. There is no "happy medium." If you are under 16 you get payed 5.25 and hour, +16 7.00. (with possible commision, near impossible to get)
High School with a paychweck
Crew Operator (Former Employee), FarmingtonDecember 23, 2011
Pros: time away from home if your family life sucks
Cons: everything!!!!!!!
OMG where do I begin, if you fit into a clique you have a secured management position, no OT, no benefits of any kind other than a paycheck, the park owner is a live action Mr. Krabbs, won't even spring for a new broom until it's nothing more than a broomstick, which means we can't keep the place looking clean. Lets everybody go so he can claim it's – more... seasonal. He even lets the maintenance staff go on the last day of the year and re-hires them the next day and uses every trick in the book just to save a few bucks, the only reason I got above the 6.25 an hour I had was because the minimum wage in Utah went up. All in all I would say that there's nothing worthwhile about the place and most of the current management staff should be fired. – less
Processing all the documents
P.R.O (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJuly 7, 2014
Pros: free accomodation, car service, & other allowances
Cons: full time
I work everyday for almost 12 hours as needed, Processing the Visa of the employee,manage the residency of the employee,Confer with the Labor relations managers in order to develop internal communications to inform the employee o various company activities.the hardest part of my job is to go outside and the weather is not good but its makes me feel – more... good when i make done processing the documents that i need too.. – less