lagoon

lagoon United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to get you life started
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, UTApril 24, 2015
Pros: Starting job
Cons: Farm drive
My days included being a cashier, making food, cleaning the restaurant. My co-workers were just fine and management could not be any more business. The hardest part of the job was going everyday as a 14 year old. The most enjoyable part was the smell.
A cheery place to work. Work experience with a lot of different people.
Seasonal Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Farmington, UTApril 17, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: Constantly being on your feet
This job keeps you on your feet with a lot of employee/customer interaction. Teaches communication skills, cashiering skills, and organizational skills. The management is friendly and your co-workers typically good workers. The hardest part of the job was being on your feet the whole time. But the interaction with customers was definitely fun as you could be a part of their fun day at Lagoon.
N/A
Ride Operator (Former Employee), FarmintonApril 5, 2015
Great Company
-Learned how to handle Clients under stressful situations
-Management OK
-Hardest Part of the Job / N/A
-Most enjoyable Part of the Job N/A
Fun and a great experiance
Actor (Former Employee), Farmington, UtMarch 31, 2015
A normal day/night would consist of scaring people out of their own willingness. I learned to communicate and comply with people of all different back grounds. The hardest part was the schedualling. It conflicted with a lot of my performances. However, I did enjoy working in a field of comfortable with (Acting/Performing)
ok
Merchandise Sales Rep (Former Employee), Farmington, UTMarch 9, 2015
it was an ok place to work as a good lost of fun you always have stuff to do and you get to work face to face with people all the time.
Where the fun is
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Farmington, UTJanuary 22, 2015
I worked here for 4 years and loved it. I became a supervisor when I was 17 years old and was making more then the average 17 year old. I loved every aspect of it
Good pay with great break room
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 30, 2014
Pros: get in for free
Cons: pay for food
Its a very make sure you get YOUR work done and dont worry about the others if they need it they will help you.
Actress (Former Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 10, 2014
wasnt fun for me
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Farmington, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: give you a money card for lunch
Cons: had a hard time making friends
It wasn't the most enjoyable job but I got through the day. I feelt like I wasn't really good at it but I tried my hardest
Good summer job for a teenager
Crew member during 2010 (Current Employee), Farmington, UTMay 30, 2014
Very monotonous job. No flexibility. They have a break room where you can buy food, which is kind of a downside for the teenagers that haven't learned money management yet. Some end up working for free because they spend to much money there.
A fun company to work for and a great summer job
Foods (Former Employee), Farmington, UTApril 15, 2014
at Lagoon I would assist customers with their food, it was a lot of fun to be able to work at an amusement park at a young age where I could begin my journey into the working world
Good summer job for kids
Group Food Services (Former Employee), Farmington, UTMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunity
Cons: outdoors in the summer heat
Very good opportunity for kids to learn responsibility. Hires at 14 so unfortunately Lagoon does not have to may minimum wage, but, get in free to ride when not working.
Management over the landscaping department are excellent
Landscape Designer (Current Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 22, 2013
If you like working outdoors with an almost endless variety of tasks to perform and you are self motivated and can be trusted to do your best at whatever you are called upon to do, you could not ask for better people and a more exciting job than working at Lagoon. The work is hard and the pay is minimum, but if you love landscaping and working hard this job may be what you are looking for.
Great job that taught me how to interact with people.
Ride Operator/Ride Coach (Former Employee), Farmington, UTNovember 25, 2013
This job advanced me into training new employees on how to run the rides in the proper manner.
Fun and productive
Foodservice Worker (Former Employee), Farmington, UTSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: working with a lot of different people everyday, and the lunch was good
Cons: lunch came out of your paycheck, the breaks were 30 minutes
A typical day at work at lagoon would be, i would arrive on time and clock in and then do my assigned job, next i would go on break when told by my manager, then continue working until the next person arrived to take over the night shift.
At lagoon i learned customer service and i leaned how to handle money. Management at lagoon was really good and the managers worked hard to make sure everyone was doing their job.
I loved my co-workers i got along with all of them and still keep in touch with them. they were all amazing people and enjoyable to work with.
The hardest part of the job was working outside in the heat.
The most enjoyable part was helping the customers, talking to them, and awnsering any questions they had.
Great Summer Job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Farmington, UTJune 11, 2013
Pros: breaks, meeting new people
Cons: hours, driving time, management
A typical day at work at Lagoon working in Foods, would be to take orders, help other employees with their orders, make sure that the stand is clean, and everything is in order and stocked. From working at Lagoon I have learned a lot about time management, how to count change back to customers, and many other great qualities. The hardest party about working at lagoon, would have to be how many hours you have to be on you're feet for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the human interaction I got each day.
Had fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee), Farmington, UTFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: large break area, bonus at end of year
Cons: the sun
Typical work day was to arrive at work, clean up the ride, or take the previous operator off their shift. A lot of sunlight in the eyes, and dealing with people, whether reasonable or difficult.
I learned a lot about how to deal with people, of all kinds. Dealing with people and little kids, and a smile and courtesy go a long way, but also people can be incredibly rude anyways, but don't get hurt over it.
Management was pretty good, difficult to fill out applications though because I don't know much if anything about my management and I had four supervisors.
My coworkers were great, usually easy to talk to or discuss things such as working out basic ride troubleshooting or who should go on break first.
Hardest part of the job was just dealing with the sun, and the heat, and keeping hydrated. Dealing with guests could be quite difficult but it paid off in the end at some point.
Enjoyable part was just being able to talk and enjoy time with my coworkers on lunch break or on the double operator rides. It made the experience a lot more fun, especially at night when the number of guests dwindled so we didn't have as many people coming in to ride the ride so we could chat while we cleaned.
Work here for Fun!!!
Seasonal Ride Operator (Former Employee), Farmington, UTJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: coworkers, management, fun!, advancement opportunities, seasonal
Cons: pay, seasonal, outside
I learned a lot about myself when working at Lagoon. I grew a lot of confidence is what I was able to do and how hard working I am. The management is easy to talk to and sociable. I admit it is not for the soft hearted though. It is hard work and if you stick through it and make it enjoyable you will love working there.
Productive and fun work-place
Frightmares (Former Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 19, 2012
Pros: weight loss from walking around.
Cons: late nights on school nights.
I worked at Lagoon during the Halloween season for Frightmares. It was so much fun! My typical day at work would be great. There was never anything the same because my co-workers and I were always switched around. We did make-up everyday and sometimes it could be a pain, but I was ok with it. it was my first job, so I got the working experience. The managers were great. The hardest part of my job was not breaking character. If I scared someone, I would have to try really hard not to laugh.My favorite parts was scaring people and getting my make-up done because I would get to talk with my friends and everything. My co-workers could be snobby, but a lot of them were nice. In the end I had so many friends.
Super fun place to work with great employees
Ride Operator (Current Employee), Farmington, UTDecember 9, 2012
I loved this job, and am extremely glad that I came across it. The typical day was to clock in at ride, or ride office if have relief, and then start doing checks. After open it is pretty routine, but that was fine with me.

I learned how to always keep a smile on my face, and that you can make friends at your work place. I also learned how to supervise people without being a bother, even though I wasn't a supervisor, I still picked up on this skill because my supervisors were so good at displaying it.

My favorite part of the job was to talk to the guests and make sure that they are happy. Even though that is also the hardest part of the job, because of the rules, I still found it enjoyable.

lagoon Salaries