LaGuardia Community College Employee Reviews

One of the best school.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 17, 2017
LaGuardia Community College is one of the best Community College in U.S.A. Their curriculum and teachers are meeting the real world expectations. At the same time its very fun to work there.
Greatest staff ever
Health Service Agent (Former Employee) –  30-10 Thomson ave, Long Island city Ny 11101March 15, 2017
By far my most favorite job, great staff and energy to keep you working for a great pay. The work isn't hard and everything you do is for a good cause.
Pros
Manageable work, Multiple task to do, Extended lunch breaks
Cons
Short hours
Pleasent working environment
Adjunct C.L.T. (College Laboratory Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 9, 2017
My experience with their department was almost completely positive. The only issue I ever had was when the department decided to let me go. They got rid of my position and delegated the salary for another position that I was not qualified for. That wasn't the issue. The issue I had was that management never prepared me for my terminated. I received ZERO notice, no professional courtesy at all.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible communication
Recommended
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 5, 2017
A typical day at work was unlike any other. It was full of friendly co-workers and good atmosphere. In this job I learned a lot. Most of the things I learned about was through technology which fascinated me of course. The most enjoyable part of my job was being around people who kept it real and were nice.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Supportive and encouraging place to work.
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 24, 2017
LaGuardia is the best place I have ever had the pleasure of being employed, and I say that because my job was assisting people. With that in mind, I never have never worked because I so enjoy my job.
Pros
Excellent learning enviorment.
Cons
I am only a part-time employee.
Good environment
Career/Transfer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Can learn and grow. Great experiences in supportive environment. Good quality employees. Good work environment for students and employees.
day of work
IT Support Assistant (FWS) (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 13, 2017
The day of work it depend on the workflow of the department but always peaceful and learn different things.Management always able to teach you.
good
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 30, 2017
At LaGuardia college I learned a lot, I was doing my internship there I learn a lot about computer networking as i was working in computer labs, great experience.
Fun work environment
Student Advisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
its great to work with students, to be able to help them, and guide them thru college. hour are very flexible as well. they work with your class schedule.
Productive and fun place to work
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 23, 2017
For the short time I work for the Vet lab, I make great connection with my co-workers and supervisor. They always were polite and professional. They gave the opportunity to lead a part of the behavior class that we were given by a professor at LaGuardia college. I was allow to supervise other co-workers as students because my supervisor trust me and they recognize my love for the animals we had in the Vet Lab. The hardest part is leaving the place because you have too much fun cleaning the cages and leaving the place clean so you can do some enrichment for the all dogs and all cats. To me leaving every day was hard for me because I love my co-workers and the animals.
Pros
terapeutic
Cons
FWS (it give you limited hours but it helps to get through the smeester
Great place
Lab Technician/ Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 21, 2017
For college students this job is a great place to work in. Managers are very flexible with the time schedule. The research lab is very clean and a great place to grow in as a professional.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
no cons
Not a good place to work
CUNY College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 19, 2017
management makes poor decisions, almost all choices here are made based on friendship and other ideas that are not worked based. i would not recommend this job to anyone.
summer job very short amount of time
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 8, 2017
this was my first job, exciting job, survey for the college program. supervisor is great. learned different culture and languages.
Pros
travelling
Cons
very less pay
Fun
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Its great place. Students make it nice. you have to submit a lot of paperwork to work in there. also, be confortable with deadlines and being supervised.
Nice Work Environment
Peer Advisor, (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYDecember 5, 2016
Great place to work as a student. Friendly staff and good pay. I have had a positive experience and picked up essential skills that any proficient employee should possess. My supervisors made sure that work did not interfere with school. Hardest part of the job is probably the student interaction
Pros
Flexible
Pretty good environment
Multimedia Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 21, 2016
Even thou this is a good working environment, there is not much room for growth in my field. The school is very good at supporting alumni like me and I feel grateful for letting me start a job in there.
Pros
Friendly and efficient
Cons
lack of growth
It was a great working experience working with LaGuardia
Financial Aid Adviser (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 19, 2016
It was challenging but fun working with LaGuradia. I have learned a lot from my co-workers and boss. Work environment was very friendly and everyone was so helpful and we worked as a team.
Great place in!!
Lab Technician/ Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 11, 2016
Great place to work for as a student. The Managers are very lenient with time schedules. Co-workers are also very friendly, and very helpful. Everyone is on the same page, and working as a team.
productive and face paced environment
Front Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 18, 2016
This was an overall good environment learned a lot. Great place to gain office experience, boost your interpersonal skills, computer skills and customer service skills. The staff and students were very welcoming and friendly.
Very helpful staff who guide you through every little thing.
Student Technology Mentor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYSeptember 15, 2016
The school and staff were very nice and helpful who are very caring and considerate of their students. They give you guidance for every step you need to take to succeed in your goal. It is a very organized and friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LaGuardia Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3