LaGuardia Community College Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent job
ISMD Department - Tutor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 2, 2016
Its an excellent place to work for. I enjoy interacting all levels of staff and students. The atmosphere is always great at LaGuardia Community College. The staff is well train.

Its also a fantastic place to work, Its easy found by mass transit, There are a few places near by to grab a bit to eat on lunch time, Walk with your own lunch if you may.
Pros
Attend LaGuardia Community College for studying Business Administration
Cons
Temporary assisgnment
Very diverse community
Campus Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 3, 2016
A day at LaGuardia is like waking up every morning, you never know what's going to happen once your day gets started. I've learned that not everything is what it seems. Management is rarely seen, but knows everything that's going on. My co-workers were very helpful and understandable. The hardest part of my job was understanding the different languages and accents from the many diverse people that went to college there. The most important part of my day was knowing that I'm going home.
A Day In My Shoes
BMEC Assistant Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day at work would be organizing the office, confirming meetings, supervising staff along with 30-40 daily students. While squeezing in tutoring as well. I have learned how to be a better communicator, public speaker,and leader to my team. I think management everywhere has its kinks, management where I came from was pretty-good. The hardest part of my job was to understand that I couldn't save everyone. The most enjoyable part of it was helping students that were deemed "at-risk" to graduation and sparking the many brains that might just be the ones to change the world.
Pros
the people, the enviornment
Cons
pay, short checks
Very professional work environment
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMarch 2, 2016
A typical day of work is straight forward, daily objectives are to be completed by days end.
I learned that punctuality is key in any job setting
Management is very objective based, and work rate helps you.
Co-Worker are other students or faculty who are professional
Hardest part of the job is taking it while taking classes at the same time
most enjoyable part of the job is that it is on campus
Pros
On Campus
Cons
No specified breaks
it was productive environment to work
Clerical Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2016
It was work study for fall semester. I love working there. I have sweet co-workers who helped when I needed help. The management was good as well. The hardest part job was explaining to the students what our office gives them and opportunity to find job. The enjoyable moments is working there with full energy and I was very happy I have worked there in that office.
Pros
good supervisor and co-workers
Cons
explanation, students are being rude
enjoyable place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 18, 2016
My daily task consisted to process applications, scheduled appointments and made faxes and copies. I did learn a lot because managers and staff were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier between the foreign students and the office.
Enjoyable Place
Teacher's Assistant - Work Study (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 3, 2016
The days at ECLC are fantastic. The classroom are comfortable and the children are always happy and learning learning. The co-workers are friendly that it is possible to have a good friendship beside the relationship just as co-worker.
Dont bother doing Summer Youth employment program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 29, 2016
The supervisor was too bossy and she would embarrass her employees. The head supervisors only stood around and gossip about other people.
Pros
easy access to lunch, fun coworkers
Cons
short breaks, rude supervisors
LaGuardia students come from more than 150 different countries
sales (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 14, 2015
LaGuardia students come from more than 150 different countries, speaking over 125 native languages, yet their determination to create a stronger future for themselves and their families through higher education is the dream they all share.
Long before their college journey even begins however, our students face significant obstacles—financial, academic, personal—that have derailed their goal of earning a degree and pursuing their dreams.
Productive and fun working enviornment
Student Advising Services (SAS) (Current Employee) –  Long Island City, NYNovember 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility and positive coworkers who make the job easier!! The hardest part of the day is staying long hours with a short break. The management isn't too bad and you make your own hours which is great.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Busy day, lots of students
very nice place to work with lots of fun
Early childhood Learning center (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 19, 2016
my day at at work some times very busy my co-workers were easy to work with the most enjoyable apart of the job helping the kids talking to them
Student daily operation
College Assistant & Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYFebruary 12, 2016
I did almost everything as a student assistant. teaching a TA course, doing payroll for non-profit employee, solving the daily operation in a college.
Productive workplace with great co-workers and supervisor
Human Resources Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, New YorkSeptember 7, 2015
Great office team and a fun and happy place to work. A family friendly environment with great motivation to do your best. Supervisor was flexible and easy to go to. Everyone was always willing to help each other reach timeline for deadlines.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with and very flexable
Productive and very quiet.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYAugust 28, 2015
A typical day at work would be signing students in and out of the library. I didn't learn to much about the management. My co-workers were very welcoming and very polite. My co-workers and the students made me love my job. There wasn't anything hard about this job at all. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with the students and helping them out
Very good
Peer advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at LaGuardia Community College while I was also attending the college. I learned how students interact with one another and what they need to accomplish a degree.
good environment for work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  information technology AssistantNovember 11, 2015
It is good environment to work. People are very friendly and generous. They are down to earth and willing to help. I have learn a lot from them and I enjoyed work with them.
Pros
best environment for work
Cons
no cons
ASAP is Beautiful
Office assistant /Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Family oriented environment in LAGCC. Allow you to get in tune with the inner boss self. its really great! I loved it. A typical day at work was full of filing tons of papers and answering phones. My managers made work enjoyable and easy going while the workers were under going such tedious work.
Pros
lead, facilitate
Meh
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Long Island-Queens, NYJanuary 29, 2016
If you NEED a job then this is ok. If you want to like where you work, not so much, pay is terrible and there is zero job security.
Great work place
English Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  lic, nySeptember 20, 2015
This was a wonderful place the work. The manager and director were great as was the staff. The pay was not the best given worker qualifications, but the job was really easy. I would recommend this job to college students; really flexible schedule.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
poor pay
Fun place to be
Commercial Photography College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2015
Fun work place to be, it's busy but friendly too. it's where you personally grow and develop, Decent amount of red tape and politics so.

4.3