Lahey Clinic

Lahey Clinic Employer Reviews

good
nursing assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 15, 2014
good facility to work at, especially for aspiring nurses/medical professionals as a nursing assistant for experience. great teaching hospital.
Prodcutive
Billing Team Leader (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: free breakfast if made over monthly targets.
Submitting electronic billing files timely and accurately. Love working with my co-workers.
Average
Radiology Transporter (Current Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 18, 2014
Not a bad place to work. Communication could be better between different aspects of the hospital.
Great work environment
Neurology & Chemotherapy Department CO-OP (Former Employee), Burlington, MAAugust 14, 2014
My co-workers taught me a lot seeing as in how I was still in school and willing to learn about different departments in order to figure out which one fit me the best.
Fun and exciting company to have worked for.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: working with and helping patients.
Cons: pay
Enjoyed working with the public and helping patients. Processed insurance referrals.
Lahey is a nice place to work.
Freelance Medical Interpreter (Former Employee), Burlington MAJuly 21, 2014
Pros: to be more aware of health in general
As a freelance worker I enjoyed working at Lahey Clinic because the staff and patients are very helpful and kind. On the other hand, the group of interpreters and the coordinators were very friendly to work with.
Very professional enviornment with enjoyable people
Appointment Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Burlington,MAJune 4, 2014
Pros: good solid workplace
Cons: kind of far away
I loved Lahey but I had an opportunity to do something different so I did. I wish I realized how hard it was going to be to get back into the field I would have never left!
Great Company
Inpatient Case Manager/Weekends/Perdiem (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 15, 2014
Great Benefits
Dedicated Staff
Great Leadership
very organized
Skilled clinicians with drive to teach and provide the best care for patients
Clinical Internship - Physical Therapy (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 12, 2014
Participated in all aspects of clinical care for patients of varying complexity and needs
No appreciation/encouragement/support from nurse manager ever.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 2, 2014
Pros: nursing staff /lifelong friendships made
Cons: high patient acuity, poor patient staff ratios
Nurse Manager only concerned about making herself look good which was always at the expense of her staff nurses and aids.
project work/housekeeper
Housekeeper/project work (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 30, 2014
A typical day at Leahey clinic for me is always working on project work: Stripping floors, cleaning, and interacting with patients while cleaning their rooms. My co- workers are great at Leahy clinic we always do team work and mange to accomplish everything our boss assign us to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is interacting with patients and – more... making them feel as if there home. – less
Work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 6, 2014
Great people to work with, good benefits... Hardest part of the job is a patient passing.
OVERWORKED BAD PATIENT CARE
nursing (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2014
Cons: you work through lunch.
Lahey has changed alot since the new president. Its all about the money, not the patients.
There are times you do not get breaks or lunches. But you must preform 100%. even though you feel like passing out.
Not a pleasant place to work, very stressful.
Dissappointed with culture of management
Individual Therapist, Psychiatry (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: benes, salary, patients, interesting cases
Cons: schedule, lack of open communication from mgmt to staff
Not enough time for documentation and other admin duties. Not enough time to get to know other colleagues, for example in case rounds or peer supervision. Nice assortment of clientele. Good benes and salary.
Review is as a contractor, not as an employee.
Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 19, 2014
I was a short-term contractor there, brought in just as they cancelled a project. The review is required by the computer system, so I had to answer the questions, but realize that I was not an employee here.

It was a good place to work. I was impressed by both the team I worked on and by the hospital itself.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Peabody, MAFebruary 3, 2014
It was a very productive workplace. My most enjoyable part of my day was assisting with retracting, sponging, suturing, cauterizing bleeders, closing and treating wounds.
Busy Enviroment
Medical Assistant- Electrophysiology (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 5, 2014
Lahey Clinic is a wonderful place to work with a great staff.
Best job i've ever had
Nursing Assistant Lead Tech (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 30, 2013
Pros: everything
Its a real family culture everyone loves everyone I am very sad that I had to leave and I wish I could go back to them
registered nurse
Registered Nurse Staff (Former Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: the experience
Cons: dealing with such young people with cancer
registered nurse on med/surg unit with oncology and eeg monitoring. I learned a lot from the residents during the night shift. My coworkers on night shift were supportive to each other and there wasn't the hardest part maybe working nights getting use to the hours.
Was a part time job which I loved
STAFF NURSE I.V. THERAPY TEAM (Former Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: very convenient for my needs and i loved it.
Cons: dysfunctional leadership of department.
Typical day. Get assignment, take immediate calls, do line changes and dressings that had not been done on days. Check all new central lines, declot any central lines that may have stopped functioning. Start and restart peripheral lines as needed. Visit all nursing units in my assignment to assess their needs. Call colleagues and assist with their assignments – more... as needed.

I learned that a group of professional nurses can indeed manage themselves when they work together and have an open dialog about the needs and responsibilities of the group. I worked 3-11 and our group in particular had an excellent work ethic and a sense of community that led to a very mutually supportive, efficient, and caring work environment.

IV therapy department was independent of other groups and managed itself very well despite dysfunctional leadership.

The most difficult part of the job was a very, very busy hospital. Sometimes it was a challenge to get all the needs of the nursing units met within the 8 hour shift, but we worked together to get it all done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of doing well and the interaction with my patients. – less

1 2 3

About Lahey Clinic

Physician-led Lahey Clinic provides primary and tertiary care to residents of northeastern Massachusetts. Lahey Clinic operates – Read more