Lahey Clinic Employee Reviews

I am an ambitious, compassionate, professional that is dedicated to my profession.
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 21, 2017
I begin each day in the operating room making sure that I have the appropriate equipment to ensure the safety of my patient while my patient is being operated on. It is my responsibility to ensure that the sterility of the operating field and instruments remains intact. the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that we are saving our patients lives on a daily basis.
Pros
12hr shidts
Cons
There arent any cons
..... Give these people more staff!
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 13, 2017
It's a little ridiculous, a hospital without the MNA to protect it's nurses- so the place is constantly understaffed. Being understaffed trickles down to the nursing assistants as well, making it an unbearable and completely impossible load to safely manage. Lower/Middle management ( floor nurse managers) only care about themselves, and advancing their careers, and often pick favorites... it's a shame, I love my career choice but feel badly for the colleagues I left behind there... so unsafe, and unfair to them.
Pros
large hospital, options to move to different specialties
Cons
understaffed, unsafe staffing, no care from upper/middle management
thankful
Senior Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 8, 2017
During 2008 the Hospital had a large layoff . I unfortunately, although as a new mother fortunate to have the amazing time with Lahey and then I was laid off for the department cut. I was giving my pay and help with unemployment to find a new job. Was also blessed with a beautiful recommendation letter for employment.
Teaching Hospital
Workstation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 8, 2017
Working there , it is expected to get hectic because of the work environment. It is a great place to work for people who enjoy helping others. The benefits are pretty good as well. I have learned a lot throughout my time there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long work days/ weeks
Certified Nursing Assistant at Lahey Clinic
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 8, 2017
The unit I work on at Lahey Clinic provides me with a great opportunity to experience and learn new things on my journey to become a Registered Nurse.
Very busy hospital always short staffed
Tertiary Care RN - ICU/CCU (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 7, 2017
Teaching hospital most of attendings were very accessible. Usually a good team enviroment. Nurses are not valued enough and must defer to doctors when disagree to course of treatment. Physican run hospital.
my experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01805August 3, 2017
Workers are overworked underpaid. They risk their lives driving to work in a snowstorm and only get rewarded with a dunkin donuts gift card. One step away from being a sweat shop.
awesome
Internship (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 2, 2017
When i first walk in i would get right to work. I would do data entry, answer phones, make packets etc. I would ask anybody else in the department if they need help. Usually they would give me work.
Busy workplace where you are given the opportunity to learn new things every day
Fellowship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 14, 2017
Lahey Hospital and Medical Center has many employees who work hard each and every day for their patients. Unfortunately, management's main focus is not patient satisfaction, but rather boosting revenue and bringing in more money. The hardest part of this job was going in without proper training, having to learn on your own and expecting to have knowledge right off the bat. There is not much if any support from managers and everyone, including physicians are much too overworked which creates a very stressful work environment for employees. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to learn new skills by working working side by side with some of the worlds most intelligent physicians. I especially enjoyed getting to know each patient, creating a trusting bond with them and their family and feeling satisfied that I was able to help them with their time spent at Lahey. For that reason, I am grateful for the experience and opportunity I had here.
fun workplace
Nutrition Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 14, 2017
Great job for high school and college students. Pays well for the work expected from you. Very fast paced. You get to train on many different positions.
Pros
daily food allowance
A good health facility, with not enough staff
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAJuly 9, 2017
Lahey Clinic is a good health center. However they are very short staffed. I have worked for the company 20 plus years, and things never change. Always trying to compensate for the loose of staff, and hiring freezes. A typical day consists of juggling a schedule for different departments, where there is a need to send support, and finding the people to cross train,in different departments, because they are short staffed. For me the best part of the day is connecting with patients, listening to them and giving them some peace of mind, about their health care.
A good place to work; optimistic, energetic atmosphere; strong mission of service.
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 1, 2017
Lahey is a good place to work. Patient feedback is positive and especially complimentary when they compare their experience at Lahey with their experiences at other hospitals.
General sentiment is that staff are caring, competent and patient focused at all times.
Poor culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 23, 2017
The once great culture at this organization is deteriorating faster and faster. The organizations seems to be evolving faster then the team and poor communication is not helping the work place culture.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAJune 14, 2017
I liked the internal medicine off site location in Lexington. This was great since the parking was not an issue and very convenient for me to get to. It was a busy practice so you are always doing something which I like. Great staff.
Pros
location
Cons
limited lunch or breaks
Exciting place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 1, 2017
Working at Lahey has been quite an honor. The culture in the workplace is always a positive one. The staff knows our leadership is always moving forward to make our work community a better place.
good environment
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 31, 2017
The work load can be hectic and stress full. However, the staff is always very motivating and helpful when you need it most. I would recommend working here to anyone that wants to have a very fast paced and rewarding job!
Great managment
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 24, 2017
I had a great manager,that allowed me to advance my career. There was a lot of changes over the course of my employment. I felt that my manager was up front about the changes,and allowed plenty of feed back from the employee's. I had great doctors that I worked for.
Often felt overwhelmed
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 15, 2017
Often expected to care for more patients than I felt I could handle. Staff was great but management often left us hanging. Loved my patients. Was often exhausted after an 8 hour shift.
It a sad place to work
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 11, 2017
There is a lot to learn at Lahey Clinic. very diverse. Is when you go to work you fell welcome,you are not happy to go there because you not really welcome and there is a lot of racist people working there. They do not have enough staff to do the job, that make it very hard.Management is very bad ,because there is a bunch of women working at the management. They do not care for employees and they racist.
Pros
They do not give raise
Cons
They do not treat employee right
Busy, challenging work place
Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 30, 2017
Very busy work place, all staff is very nice. Very clean environment with room to go career wise. A lot of turn over but patients and families turn into your own family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval