Lahey Clinic Employee Reviews

A very serious straight forward envirement
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, MAMay 9, 2016
A very serious straight forward environment, professional and concentrated on patient care, very versatile environment
Good communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 9, 2016
Very good benefits! Co-workers great. Management level is something to be desired. There is great communication and can be fun at times.
Great place
Medical Assistant- Endocrinology (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 21, 2016
Love the Jazzman Cafe, best coffee...Caramel ice coffee is the best all year-round.

Endocrinology is a great place to learn about DM and other endocrine issues such as thyroid and hormones
Very pleasant friendly atmosphere.
Registration and Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 3, 2016
I scheduled ct scans, registered patients, screened people for various specialized exams. Did paper work for the following days schedule.
My co workers were great. There was no hard part of the job. The training was good. The best part of the job was working with the patients.
Lahey is focused on making money
Allergy / Asthma Immunology nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAApril 1, 2016
expected to stay late and not get compensated for your time, fixing your paper timecards to your scheduled hours and not hours actually worked.
positive work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMarch 29, 2016
Lahey fosters a Positive work environment
Supervising Doctors willing and eager to teach/mentor
Endless opportunity, advancement is encouraged
Competitive wages were advertised and offered
Work and life balance were encouraged to the enth
Pros
willingness to teach
Cons
too far away
taught me the needs of the medical-surgical patient
registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 1, 2016
Lahey was a wonderful place to start my career as an RN. I learned the needs of all patients I was privledged to care for and act on a professional level.
Great job for student looking for experience
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 26, 2016
Was able to work around my school schedule. Really nice people that work here. I learned a lot from the nurses and nursing assistants there.
Benefits very good, working conditions stressfull, lab moral poor.
Pathologist Assistant (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 28, 2016
Very good benefits ! Co-workers great. Doctors in the lab are extremely helpful. Management level is something to be desired. Many changes in the lab in the past few years. Work "model" in the lab is bad. Some positions are made to wear "too many hats". Lab personnel's concerns seem to fall on deaf ears many times. Outdated lab areas/equipment. I have experienced a "double standard " lab model when issues arose with lab personnel, etc.
great co-workers, not flexible with accommodating employees
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAJanuary 6, 2016
majority of co-workers are great, very friendly. managers not understanding or considerate of employee very dogmatic and demeaning.
Cons
management and poor schedule for employees
Short staffed and bad managers= Unhappy Staff
Sr. CPhT (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 23, 2015
Pharmacy Department under new management in which has caused as if 12:22/15 8 Pharmacists and 12 technicians to quit. Most disorganized work flow I have seen in my 11 years as a CPhT! Managers making drastic changes from behind their desks rather then observing the work flow. If you want to go home stressed out and have managers walk by you and not even say hello, then this is the place for you. Otherwise look elsewhere . Please take my advice!
Pros
Great benefits, great colleagues
Cons
Management thinks they are running a corporate office and not a hospital!
Productive work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 14, 2015
Fast paced clinic that sees multiple patients in a day. Responsible for patient confirmation calls, prescriptions and preparing the patient for the doctor.
Amazing Fast pace environment to work at
Student Extern General Internal Medicine (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 10, 2015
rooming patients and talking to them getting them ready to see the doctor was the best part i love changing someones mood before seeing the doctors
Learn something new everyday and team mates were very helpful
Registering and Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 30, 2015
My day would start off after traveling 2hrs on public transportation and arriving at work by 8am. When arriving into work I would have to log into IDX system used to register, schedule and reschedule patients and also log into the phone next to the computer to answer any calls coming from patients, doctors offices, e.t.c. I can say that training for this job was not what I went into when I officially started my first real day of work. I learned to book for 7 different medical departments with the help of coworkers, secretaries and myself. Training helped with the basics. This was a task and a job that you had to take your time but not too much time and also having patience with yourself, coworkers and patients.
Pros
Learning many different medical terminologies and conditions
Cons
Communication
Great People but Corporate Environment
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 12, 2015
Wonderful place to learn with some of the kindest and most amazing human beings you'll ever meet. Disconnected management who focus only on squeezing each person/ department for everything they can. Its an unfortunate situation because the staff is so wonderful and willing to help. You really don't get the time to make every patient feel comfortable and at ease.
World class hospital, many managerial problems
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 4, 2015
A typical includes stocking supply carts and linen in patient rooms, assisting with turns, EKG’s, vital signs, blood draws, accuchecks (blood sugars), and others tasks. I worked with a great team, but there's definitely a clique/herd mentality and it can become difficult and problematic to do one's job.
Cons
clique mentality
Great place to work 18 years ago
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 1, 2015
When I started here 18 years ago it was a great place to work. All around working conditions were the best. I loved going to work and getting my care there. About 10 years ago new V.P's, new CEO and the downward it went. The working conditions are the pits, many layoffs, no supplies, no good doctors, nurse to patient ratio is sad and no employee wants to be there. Sad to see a once great place take a dive like this.
Benefits
Cons
everything else
Productive, fun, creative workplace
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Nutrition ServciesSeptember 28, 2015
Lahey provided an atmosphere equal in passion and heart. I worked as an intern for seven months and mark it as one of the more formative experiences of my young career as a dietitian. I learned from some of the best mentors, who provided both guidance and autonomy.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, reliable resources
Cons
No cons to note
Worked with great people!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MASeptember 24, 2015
Loved the people I worked with and my hours were pretty good. A lot of heavy lifting (patients) and one your feet the whole shift.
Quality driven
Medical Assistant - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MASeptember 17, 2015
A typical day at work includes listening to what patients are saying and feeling while rooming them.

Along with learning how to help narrow the generation gap between colleagues, I have learned about deescalation, respect, professionalism, compassion, proper hand hygiene et al
Management has a lot on their plates, I appreciate each and every one of them.
My coworkers are my daytime family; like everyone else we all have issues, likes and dislikes, but we also have respect and consideration for one another.
The hardest part of my job is probably floating to a department that I am not too familiar with their routines.
The most enjoyable part of my job is a smooth day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.