Lahey Clinic

Lahey Clinic United States Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Peabody, MAFebruary 3, 2014
It was a very productive workplace. My most enjoyable part of my day was assisting with retracting, sponging, suturing, cauterizing bleeders, closing and treating wounds.
Busy Enviroment
Medical Assistant- Electrophysiology (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 5, 2014
Lahey Clinic is a wonderful place to work with a great staff.
Best job i've ever had
Nursing Assistant Lead Tech (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 30, 2013
Pros: everything
Its a real family culture everyone loves everyone I am very sad that I had to leave and I wish I could go back to them
registered nurse
Registered Nurse Staff (Former Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 17, 2013
Pros: the experience
Cons: dealing with such young people with cancer
registered nurse on med/surg unit with oncology and eeg monitoring. I learned a lot from the residents during the night shift. My coworkers on night shift were supportive to each other and there wasn't the hardest part maybe working nights getting use to the hours.
Was a part time job which I loved
STAFF NURSE I.V. THERAPY TEAM (Former Employee), Burlington, MAOctober 8, 2013
Pros: very convenient for my needs and i loved it.
Cons: dysfunctional leadership of department.
Typical day. Get assignment, take immediate calls, do line changes and dressings that had not been done on days. Check all new central lines, declot any central lines that may have stopped functioning. Start and restart peripheral lines as needed. Visit all nursing units in my assignment to assess their needs. Call colleagues and assist with their assignments as needed.

I learned that a group of professional nurses can indeed manage themselves when they work together and have an open dialog about the needs and responsibilities of the group. I worked 3-11 and our group in particular had an excellent work ethic and a sense of community that led to a very mutually supportive, efficient, and caring work environment.

IV therapy department was independent of other groups and managed itself very well despite dysfunctional leadership.

The most difficult part of the job was a very, very busy hospital. Sometimes it was a challenge to get all the needs of the nursing units met within the 8 hour shift, but we worked together to get it all done.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of doing well and the interaction with my patients.
Productive, busy yet fun work environment
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee), Peabody, MASeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great team environment
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
I have worked in Lahey for over a year and a half now and over that period of time I have learned and grown a lot. I love the hours I am working and feeling like there not all my energy is spent after a work day. I am surrounded by a team of professionals who are caring and great at what they do. My work day consists of opening up my department, getting patient information ready and checking vitals/ rooming patients. I really enjoy my job as a medical assistant at Lahey Clinic.
Management is not always approachable or understanding
CCU/MICU- RN (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
Management is not always approachable with any concerns regarding work load etc
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Peabody, MAAugust 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough job responsibility
• Escort patients to the exam rooms
• Obtain vital signs and preparing exam rooms
• Triaging patient phone calls, scheduling appointments
• EKGs
• Prescription refills
• Collaborate with physician and support team to incorporate : same day adds,
• Work-ins, emergency procedures, sick calls and physician initiated cancels
• Entering physician orders on EMR
• Daily use of IDX,EMR and Achart
Quality Care
Staff Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 30, 2013
Focus on patient satisfaction and positive patient outcomes. Searches for new technologies to deliver state of the art care.
A good place to work
Medical Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 24, 2013
Lahey Clinic is a good place to work. I learned how not to let what other people say bother me and the most enjoyable part of the job is the co workers, we all understand what it is like to work at the same place and are comfortable with each other.
Poor scheduling but good pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 8, 2013
I was a new nurse when I worked here and the support was sometimes good and sometimes so poor they put you in positions that were unsafe for a new grad. I was told patient load would be 4 but often found myself covering for up to 7 or 8. The attitude of the staff was competitive rather then supportive. The scheduling was always changing and they were always looking for someone to cover a shift. I hated it there.
ok place to work
Hospital Billing Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 10, 2013
training of new employees could be better. off site parking is a negative
Compounding, Narcotic maintenance, Oncology medications for hospital and clinics
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJune 6, 2013
Pros: great staff to work for
Cons: periodically on call for overnight
An educating place to work. A teaching hospital. I was given the task of setting up an Oncology satellite pharmacy in the oncology clinic and handled all Oncology requirements for hospital and clinic sides.
Good entry job for someone in the medical field
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 29, 2013
Great benefits and pay! Loved working here and would have continued had I not moved.
great teaching experience
Revenue Control Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 15, 2013
learned so much through employment will never regret- left to only broaden exposure/experience
Good working environment but I prefer a full time job with benefits.
Lab aide (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 9, 2013
Good working environment but I would prefer a job that is full time with benefits.
Healthcare Applications Trainer/ Clinical Liaison (Current Employee), Burlington, MAApril 2, 2013
Great place to work. Evolving and forward thinking organization.
...
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 5, 2013
overworked, underpaid and not enough help from management/leadership

February 8, 2013

AGREE!

Stressful, but great benefits!
PHLEBOTOMIST (Current Employee), Ipswich, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Lahey has great health/dental/vision insurance, but the work environment is very dramatic and management does not always listen to employee input/views.

May 31, 2013

Employee's pay the same amount for health insurance as the Lahey executives. You pay more if you get your care outside of Lahey. That is obscene and insulting.

Great Hospital to work for
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: over time opportunities
Cons: breaks
Everyday at Lahey Clinic is different. My department has a wonderful staff and we use our core values of teamwork, caring, and respect daily.

About Lahey Clinic

Physician-led Lahey Clinic provides primary and tertiary care to residents of northeastern Massachusetts. Lahey Clinic operates – Read more

Lahey Clinic Salaries