Lahey Health Employee Reviews

Awful place
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 6, 2018
Management is indescribably horrible ! Money , money , money , the company's' motto. Lahey is not a company to work for if you have dignity and want to keep your dignity . Lahey is just such an awful agency . It is ones choice to associate yourself with such a disgraceful agency . Lahey sucks !
Lahey Health
Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 30, 2017
Been here for many years.
Seen several changes over time - good or bad.
But in the end we all take pride in making Lahey Health a successful health care facility.
Very poor management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 10, 2017
Have worked at my job for over ten years, and watched it go steadily downhill. Management fails on all levels. Upper management doesn’t want to be bothered, and when they do put a manager in they put one in that has run three employees out within 2 months. 2 of which were long time employees. It’s sad that I love what I do, but don’t feel supported in any way. It is a complete hostile, and toxic work environment now. I will say that I worked with amazing physicians, and I loved the patients.
Pros
Decent benefits if you use Lahey doctors.
Cons
Management, hard work isn’t appreciated, no bonuses or consistent raises, holidays come out of your earned time
Worst place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 8, 2017
You need to suck up if you want to move up the ladder. Management are useless. Supervisor always talk about employee behind their back. Supervisor does nothing beside shoping online all the times. Manager does nothing beside eating and firing people’s.
OVERALL THE MANAGEMENT IS USELESS & CLUELESS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!!
Cons
Too much work and under staff.
Poor imaging management in Peabody
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 6, 2017
No words to describe the current imaging management and HR in Peabody. Stay away unless a purge has occured.

Positives: Nice lunch area, clean floors, vending machines work, functional fire extinguisher , close proximity to Bonkers and well kept mulch.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Pretty good place to work at
REGISTRATION AND SCHEDULING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 13, 2017
I worked with a few other ladies in the front.. we all got along very well and worked good as a team. Job could be pretty stressful at times due to being short staffed.. there was always a long line for Pts to check in and Phones were busy.. Definitely under paid too
My supervisor was very nice and sweet.. always encouraged to learn new programs and training.
Over all It was a pleasure to work at this location
would have stayed working in this dept if pay was better..and if there was growth in this dept
Pros
good moral... great collegues
Cons
under paid, under staffed at front desk
Terrible manager AND productivity requierments
Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAJuly 19, 2017
I've heard the manager in question has since left the job but she would tell you to do something then her supervisor would question it and she would say that she didn't tell you to do it. One time she held my Christmas bonus because my paperwork was a little behind. I caught up and turned everything in ahead of time but she still held it.
No upward movement.
Productivity requirements stunk!
Benefits weren't full Lahey benefits.
Advanced Practitioners
Physician Assitant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJuly 1, 2017
Advanced Practitioners in most departments take on the role of the team secretary and registered nurse. This entails spending approximately eight hours a day on the phone refilling medications and triaging. The culture at Lahey Health and Medical Center is based on the belief that the AP is not qualified to participate in direct patient care due to lack of a medical degree. The role is not respected and under utilized. The medical support staff have more respect and credibility then the AP role.
Patients are great
Registration and Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 15, 2017
I love the patient environment. The problem is not enough training, constant job changes, not enough salary increases. The training process needs to be a lot longer.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Salary
Lahey Health vs Lahey Clinic
Applications Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 13, 2017
Lahey Clinic was a great place to work

Lahey Health is not.

New CEO created a stressful environment with too many layers of management many people have left Lahey Health over the past 4 years including top physicians.
Stay away
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAMay 15, 2017
Managers don't care about you and make you do more work then you get paid for they let people go all the time without reason that have been there for years.
Cons
Not enough pay
I rate Lahey as a best health care provider in Massachussetts
Appointment Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2017
It is a great place to work. Good benefits. Good work environment. You can climb the ladder to the top of your job. You can work with a great team with full of experience.
Great professional atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMarch 4, 2017
Great team environment
Great safety and organizational teams to maximize the best patient care possible
Culture of learning and teamwork
Enjoy helping patients and families
Pros
Excellent company
Nice place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 25, 2017
Lahey is a good place to work you are treated fair and with respect.
They give a fair wage and time off when you need it,you can move up
when the chance comes up.
Good place to work, great people
Project Coordinator - Philanthropy Department (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAAugust 21, 2016
Compassionate people and managers. Paid well and have excellent benefits. Good place to learn to work with you co-workers
Beverly Hospital
MRI Receptionist Tech Aide Report Editor (Current Employee) –  Beverly, MAMay 27, 2016
This hospital is generally a good place to work. Nice people, ok benefits, and a good atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is there is no direct feedback from the supervisor. The patients are great, and we love our patients. We made the list for top 100 hospitals in the US.
Pros
location
Cons
high turnover
Highly recommended Employer
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJanuary 16, 2016
Lahey Health is a great company to work for. The management was great! Lahey Health is very big on team work! I learned so much and there is always room to grow.
Not a great place to work
Applications Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 9, 2015
Senior Management team does not respect the colleagues.
Since go live you need to be on call 24 / 7 with no compensation for that. Culture is awful. Senior VP makes comments like " There are 48 hours in weekend"
Pros
Free epic certification
Cons
Management is awful
Wonderful co-workers/great lunches/stimulatin conversation
access representative (Former Employee) –  beverly, maSeptember 2, 2015
I always went in early to get everything organized for the day. On a typical day we could have 30-50 people and it could get very hectic. I learned that I could handle almost every situation that occurred. The nurses and the manager of Endoscopy were some of the finest people I ever had the privelege of working with. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of the current status of the patients. The best part of the job was interacting with the patients and their families.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
not enough support when epic came in
multitask/effecient/fast paced stressful yet exciting dept.
Access Representative/Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Beverly, MAAugust 7, 2015
greeting patients at triage, signing them in, registrations, verifying insurances, registering patients coming in by ambulance in trauma zone, assisting patients family members, co payment collections, admissions from ER to floor. Co workers all very helpful. Work together.
'When a patient has passed away in front of you after you have watched them do everything they can to save them and then the reactions from family members.
the cardiac arrests that arrive by ambulance. This is the most difficult part of job. The fast pace and how everybody has a role in a trauma situation. 'the er is truly like a family. Loved every day I worked there. You learn when to be sensitive to patients needs,
Pros
meet alot of nice patients, being able to help people, and make a difference in their life. very challenging.
Cons
No cons. Lunch times cut short due to high volume patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lahey Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9