LAI Engineering Employee Reviews

Great Company
Geomatics System Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good salary, monthly outings, health, vision, and dental benefits, paid vacations and good learning experiences
A typical day at work for me is drafting in CADD, developing systems for Geomatics department, processing data brought from out in the field. The hardest part of my job is my 80 mile commute to and from work but it is worth it in the end. Great place to work and to grow. Fast pace, respectful, great work ethic environment. Flexible schedule, great co-workers, good managers, great benefits, learn a lot and I enjoy working here.
Excellent Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 5, 2013
Pros: fun activities, great health benefits, free food, stress free room, free gym, great coworkers, independence
Cons: not much room to grow in my position currently but hopefully will change
I have worked at LAI for over a year and I have to say this is definitely one of my top three jobs that I have worked at. Everyone in the office is so friendly and helpful. I attend school part time and work full time so my schedule is a bit hectic sometimes but management always works with me. A typical day at work is greeting clients if they come in for meeting and offering beverages. Helping Department Heads or CEO with administrative needs and data entry. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co workers they are amazing and I love each of them! The hardest part of my job is trying to find enough FUN activities for us to do as a team now that I am one of the Party Directors! I have learned that you shouldn't always listen to the gossip that normally goes around in offices because some people can be bitter for their own personal reasons. Communication is key in every relationship and I have a great relationship with all my coworkers including the CEO and I would definitely recommend LAI to someone.
Disorganized workplace with poor leadership.
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: friendly co-workers, gym access in the building, free parking, flex schedules
Cons: poor communication, micro-management, lack of accountibility
As the HR Manager I wore many hats and handled various tasks everyday. I learned more about Workers Comp claims. Exempt and NonExempt employees, and contract employment. I was part of the management team but never felt as though I had any say or authority because the president only listens to his two principals. I loved my co-workers and intend to keep in touch with many of them, they were sad to see me laid off. The hardest part of the job is terminating employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the onboarding process, new hires are so excited and such a pleasure to work with.
They have no idea what they are doing
Contract Land Agent (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2012
Pros: great pay and co-workers were nice
Cons: no clear direction and immediate firing if any complaints.
I was brought on to acquire land rights for a project they were currently working. The company project manager and engineer had no set direction on how to acquire the rights and would constantly change their minds on process or not get back to you on technical questions that may have arised from land owners. This led to land owners not trusting the agents because of different information repeatly being told to them. Which led to a rotating door of agents coming and going, because if any land owner would complain the agent was immediatly let go. The land acquistion process which I have been a part of for about 7 years is a very delicate one which envokes emotion of land owners. I believe with better direction (management) this company could do well but until then stay away from this company.