Laird Plastics Employee Reviews

Laird
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
Laird is a great place to work and learn the business. I think it is a great gateway into the potential of the business world. I was taught alot at laird and will carry it with me in my career.
Wonderful Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 9, 2017
I truly enjoyed my job. Always different day to day, great people, good pay and benefits, and advancement around every corner. My typical day was comprised of driving our business forward using a well thought out sales plan, as well as key vendor partnerships to make my people the most profit share as possible.

I learned how to strategically compete in a highly competitive market. We carved out value driven sales by differentiating my company, my people and our services from our competition.

Our management was unique in that we are a very flat organization. So, it was very important to put great, inspiring managers in the key roles (CEO, Regional Sales Managers, Area Sales Managers, etc). They were always trying to advance ones career, and to support their employees.

Our culture was one of decentralization, where each team member was responsible for their part of the growth of the company. However, we are also very team oriented. The culture was very solid.

For me the hardest part was that none of the locations were close to where I am from. We only left because we needed to be closer to home.

The best part of the job for me was when I was able to advance the career of one of my employees. He had aspirations of elevating himself, but did not know where to start. i gave him more and more responsibility, and he excelled. Then, an opportunity came around and he was MORE than qualified and got the job. It was a great moment for me.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Bad intracompany communication, due to the decentralization
10 hour days. no breaks or lunch scheduled. take them when you can. Fast paced with no room for error. All customers are on demand and unforgiving.
Sales / Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 18, 2017
Great company to work for, depending on location and industry. Las Vegas location requires an on call rotating schedule and availability 24/7 for only one customer, which interferes with your family time. Positives are sick leave, paid vacation, profit share program and comp days for those who give it their all, and care about the respectful position at hand. Great benefits, 401K and profit share. Great upper management. Family first and value orientated. Overall a good company to work for with job security and room for advancement.
Pros
Profit Share
Cons
no breaks, no lunch, on call 24/7
Buena empresa
Chofer (Former Employee) –  15825 nw 15 th ave miami gardensFebruary 28, 2017
Hay un buen ambiente laboral y hay una buena comunicación entre los superiores y los obreros
Great company to work for with excellent beniefits.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 2, 2017
Growing Plastic Distribution Company with over 65 locations in North America and the BEST Vendor alliances and relationships. Many self improvement opportunities and strong values of honesty and integrity.
Executive Assistant
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 23, 2017
I learned a lot of integrity working with the President and CEO of Laird Plastics. I managed highly confidential information,and provided Administrative assistant to executives.
Pros
Good Leadership, Profit sharing
Cons
Corporate headquarters relocated out of state
Productive and very professional place to work
Senior Inventory/Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2016
I am excellent at keeping written information about my assignments and projects. I meet all company standards for attendance and punctuality. I have a calm personality to keep an even attitude. When a major problem arises, I use creative problem solving to look at different sides of an issue.I am clearly good at communication as evidenced by my effectiveness in resolving problems. I like to build trust with my team by being a positive force on the team, congratulating high performers on successes, and working with those that need assistance to improve.
small workforce nice atmosphere.
Fabrication Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 4, 2015
everyday is a new experience. good people good enviroment to work in,as well it being neat and clean. I think they will be around for a long time.
handling the daily shipping and receiving tasks
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2015
handled the daily shipping and receiving tasks. Drove a sit down counterbalance forklift with 6 foot forks. Handled approximately 600 sku's. Most enjoyable part of the day would be the fact that i worked by myself and the pace that i worked at optimized my productivity. hardest part of the job was catching the constant errors made on the pick slips by the sales rep and having to halt productivity to have her properly adjust the orders so that way inventory was correct.
Pros
perfect hours, no weekend overtime, great benefits
Cons
extremely intolerant coworkers, warehouse was not osha safe
Forward thinking distributor
Director Environmental Affairs (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMarch 4, 2015
Laird Plastics is the largest independent plastics distributor in North America, with over 60 service centers throughout the US and Canada. The business distributes a full line of semi-finished and finished products as a key market channel for many of the world’s largest plastic manufactures. In addition, Laird is the only distributor with a business unit solely dedicated to plastic recycling and sustainable supply chain management (LP R∙E∙C).

As the creative force behind LP REC I was able to convey an important customer concern to leadership, and have that concept translated into a profitable, stand alone business. The Environmental Division helped differentiate Laird Plastics in the marketplace, and transformed the brand image. Challenges were many, as we serviced hundreds of customers throughout North America, but the reward and progress far outweighed any hardship.
Pros
Continuous Improvement, Empowerment at all levels
Cons
Decentralized business model
Challenging exciting sales closes
Inside Sales / Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 6, 2013
Excelled in project management for ideas from conception, to producing finished parts for aerospace industry
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Heavy work load of Accounts Payable daily. Tough workplace environment among employees.
Pros
paid fair wages
Cons
Most employees felt they were overloaded with work. No support from management.
Sales Graphic Products
Graphic Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2013
A lot of issues with the local branch.
Learned a lot about materials.
Laird Plastics
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Laird Plastics is a great company, well maintained & wonderful people.
Pros
Great co-workers, Extensive training
Fast paced sales with ever changing market
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranberry TWP, PAJune 17, 2013
Laird was an eye opening experience to the fast past of sales and marketing. It reinforced that sales calls are a matter of statistics. Make more calls tends to generate more sales.
Pros
Learning the art of sales
Cons
Every day you are either the goat or the hero
Productive work place with friendly employees
Temporary Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHMay 26, 2013
When I worked there, I had to be there early. I was working on a specific project so I had to peel and then assemble the pieces to the part. After a certain number of pieces, I would put them in a box, seal and label it for shipment. The work area was a little noisy as it was with the cutting machines in the back. All of the warehouse guys are very friendly. The hardest part of the job was doing it alone with a deadline. You had to push yourself to get them done. Also, the plastic could be sharp at times, so you have to be careful that you don't cut yourself on it. The most enjoyable part is being able to jam out to your own music while just keeping on going after you find a pace and system that works.
Cons
Noisy Warehouse with machines
Good job. Poor management
Sales / Customer Service / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2013
The job was good. I learned a great deal about the industry. The support was poor and the management was very rare.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
brooklyn ny, out of business
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2012
making jigs and fixture , electrical installation and trouble shooting , building and grounds maintenance
Warehouse, fabrication, sign industry, mechanical shop industry
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  kansas city moJune 11, 2012
great place for degrees of education and non degrees of education.