Laird Plastics Employee Reviews

Productive and very professional place to work
Senior Inventory/Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 22, 2016
I am excellent at keeping written information about my assignments and projects. I meet all company standards for attendance and punctuality. I have a calm personality to keep an even attitude. When a major problem arises, I use creative problem solving to look at different sides of an issue.I am clearly good at communication as evidenced by my effectiveness in resolving problems. I like to build trust with my team by being a positive force on the team, congratulating high performers on successes, and working with those that need assistance to improve.
handling the daily shipping and receiving tasks
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 2, 2015
handled the daily shipping and receiving tasks. Drove a sit down counterbalance forklift with 6 foot forks. Handled approximately 600 sku's. Most enjoyable part of the day would be the fact that i worked by myself and the pace that i worked at optimized my productivity. hardest part of the job was catching the constant errors made on the pick slips by the sales rep and having to halt productivity to have her properly adjust the orders so that way inventory was correct.
Pros
perfect hours, no weekend overtime, great benefits
Cons
extremely intolerant coworkers, warehouse was not osha safe
Forward thinking distributor
Director Environmental Affairs (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahMarch 4, 2015
Laird Plastics is the largest independent plastics distributor in North America, with over 60 service centers throughout the US and Canada. The business distributes a full line of semi-finished and finished products as a key market channel for many of the world’s largest plastic manufactures. In addition, Laird is the only distributor with a business unit solely dedicated to plastic recycling and sustainable supply chain management (LP R∙E∙C).

As the creative force behind LP REC I was able to convey an important customer concern to leadership, and have that concept translated into a profitable, stand alone business. The Environmental Division helped differentiate Laird Plastics in the marketplace, and transformed the brand image. Challenges were many, as we serviced hundreds of customers throughout North America, but the reward and progress far outweighed any hardship.
Pros
Continuous Improvement, Empowerment at all levels
Cons
Decentralized business model
Productive work place with friendly employees
Temporary Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stow, OHMay 26, 2013
When I worked there, I had to be there early. I was working on a specific project so I had to peel and then assemble the pieces to the part. After a certain number of pieces, I would put them in a box, seal and label it for shipment. The work area was a little noisy as it was with the cutting machines in the back. All of the warehouse guys are very friendly. The hardest part of the job was doing it alone with a deadline. You had to push yourself to get them done. Also, the plastic could be sharp at times, so you have to be careful that you don't cut yourself on it. The most enjoyable part is being able to jam out to your own music while just keeping on going after you find a pace and system that works.
Cons
Noisy Warehouse with machines
Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2013
Heavy work load of Accounts Payable daily. Tough workplace environment among employees.
Pros
paid fair wages
Cons
Most employees felt they were overloaded with work. No support from management.
Good job. Poor management
Sales / Customer Service / Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYJanuary 10, 2013
The job was good. I learned a great deal about the industry. The support was poor and the management was very rare.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Challenging exciting sales closes
Inside Sales / Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 6, 2013
Excelled in project management for ideas from conception, to producing finished parts for aerospace industry
Fast paced sales with ever changing market
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranberry TWP, PAJune 17, 2013
Laird was an eye opening experience to the fast past of sales and marketing. It reinforced that sales calls are a matter of statistics. Make more calls tends to generate more sales.
Pros
Learning the art of sales
Cons
Every day you are either the goat or the hero
Warehouse, fabrication, sign industry, mechanical shop industry
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  kansas city moJune 11, 2012
great place for degrees of education and non degrees of education.
Laird Plastics
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OhioAugust 13, 2013
Laird Plastics is a great company, well maintained & wonderful people.
Pros
Great co-workers, Extensive training
brooklyn ny, out of business
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 20, 2012
making jigs and fixture , electrical installation and trouble shooting , building and grounds maintenance
Sales Graphic Products
Graphic Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2013
A lot of issues with the local branch.
Learned a lot about materials.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laird Plastics. Our community is ready to answer.