Laird Technologies

Laird Technologies United States Employee Reviews

an ok place to work
assembly line worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2015
It was a first shift occupation.I would show up at 8 in the morning and pick parts from an order sheet, pre assemble them then do the final assembly,and finally package and label them. the manegment was ok. what i liked most was the shift and locaton.
Good working team enviroment
Buyer Planner II (Former Employee), Prologis Park in Reynosa México.April 7, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
- Working in a team in a daily basis
- Interaction with other departments to meet overall goals.
- Manger provide the department and company goals.
-All the members of our department knows the goals.
-Direct comunication with other sites groups like Customer Service.
Productive and general good place to work
Production Operator/ Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Randolph, MAApril 2, 2015
I learned a lot of skills working at Laird Technologies. I leaned a lot about myself how i can problem solve easily and take on a ton of responsibility. Management did a good job and tried their best. It is a 7-330 job and everyday bring a new adventure, but unfortunatley it is time to move on and find new oppertunities.
General Maintenance Technician
General Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Gap, PASeptember 11, 2014
.General laborer, working with chemicals.
Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
Productive and fun work place, and yes, they did have a ping pong table!
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee, snacks, no dress code.
Very relaxed atmosphere, yet serious about meeting customer expectations as well as corporate goals.
Great people and place to work
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIMay 29, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Not very organized company when it comes to standards and procedures. Difficult to get direction when needed.
Test Engineer, Telematics and Wireless M2M (Former Employee), Holly, MIApril 9, 2014
Learned a great deal there, provided
reverse engineering
and development services
Good global engineering experience
Engineering Manager, Laird Performance Materials (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2014
had the ability to work with and travel to several different sites around the US, Europe, and Asia. Was able to visit and collaborate with customers for new product engineering designs.
Good benefits, little personal contact
Software Developer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: telecommute
Cons: social interaction is minimal.
There is a lot of flexibility with this job, the ability to telecommute is great. But there's little face-to-face contact...everyone is somewhere else. The workload is heavy, and demanding. It seems there's not enough time in the day.
Productive and fun Team oriented work place
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Holly, MIJanuary 11, 2014
Learned tons about real world mechanical engineering. The management was great, kind and understanding. The co-workers were easy to get along with, and from divers backgrounds, the hardest part of the job was figuring out the cause of failure on warranty parts, but it was also one of the most fun parts of the job too.
Good overall company with good benefits
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: restructuring often
Most of my time was spent answering emails and traveling throughout the eastern part of the US. Providing quotations and proposals to existing and new customers.

The job is sometimes very stressful but overall a great job to have.
Great employee engagement
Interim Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILNovember 9, 2013
The employees worked very hard to meed the expectations and goals of upper management. Great team work.
Fun and laid back place to work.
Production Worker (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good company, aesy to work for.
Cons: compensation.
Willing to train on different machines. Compensation is a little below average for this type of work. Overall a good company.
productive
Assembler (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILOctober 8, 2012
Pros: good cafeteria
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work was greeting my co-workers with a good morning, go to my locker to put my stuff away and get ready to start working also make sure before i start to work i had the materials i need so i wont ran out. what i learned from this company was that you can learn so many things in just a short time of working with them. management was great always had our managers and supervisor checking our work when it was done. co-workers were great they helped a lot when i started my first day at work they guide me thru all the things i needed to learn. The hardest part of the job was keeping a good eye on how the antennas were made specially that we had to test them out to see if they're good. My most enjoyable part was learning a simple job that looks hard can always be easy and fun to do as well to learn.
Excellent worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 25, 2012
Deserving employee who can handle jobs easily in a fast pace kind of work wherein, my co-workers impressed.
I enjoyed my job very much
Applications Engineer Assistant/Material Handler (Former Employee), Escondido, CAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: enjoyed my job
Cons: leaving that position
I started out as a stockroom clerk. Within a year and a half I was training as part of the applications engineering department. I used excel spreadsheets to to list customer information from sales orders. I eventually learned Coreldraw and Autocad. The company went through many different name changes and with that, management personal with different views. I was part of a solid departmental team. It was very rewarding. The hardest part was learning new things, but with the help of my co-workers, that became easier. Also, being asked to leave was difficult. Doing what I was doing was the most enjoyable part.
Laird Review. Dynamic plact to work. Able to get involved in a number of different technologies.
Director of Engineering - Product Development (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2012
Pros: telecommuting, world wide travel
Cons: bonus risk, layoffs, asian operations
Very global company with excellent design resources in mechanical, electrical, thermal, and wireless technologies. Limited opportunity to change roles in Laird because the company primarily grew by acquistion.

Opportunity to jump into business development is there. Spearheading a large program is possible even if you are considered a technical resource.