Tool & Die Maker – New Hope, MN
Lake Air Metal Stamping is a full service provider of precision metal stampings. We offer complete in-house tool and die capabilities from prototyping services to long-run production and assemblies. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Tool & Die Maker to join our team!
- 3-5 years experience in new build/repair and troubleshooting of dies as well as experience and ability to work with short run, progressive or transfer dies
- Broad knowledge of machining methods and procedures, shop practices and technology, characteristics of materials, machine tool operations
- Ability to read shop orders, drawings, sketches, specifications, formulas and instructions
- Advanced shop mathematics and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work with teams within a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Graduate
- Trade School
- Analyzes blueprint specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and machinists' hand tools
- Fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures and gauges
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draws or sketches design of product.
- Troubleshoot tools in press
- Work with Press Operators on set up of tools in press
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 14 months ago