Planner Position Requirements
This position provides the communication link between Lake Air and our customers as it relates to planning and managing customer orders and forecasts, creating manufacturing jobs and following up on all orders and the shipments. This position also requires accurate quality checking of all contracts/PO’s submitted and executing Lake Air’s Contract review process.
Manages the activities required for the purchasing, procuring and controlling of raw materials, components, equipment, machinery, and supplies. Compiles information and prepares and maintains purchase orders. Compiles vendor performance data.
This position will be located in Coon Rapids, MN.
- The role of the planner is dedicated to managing sales order logistics.
- Evaluates written data such as job orders, product specifications, customer specific requirements and operations sheets, to establish efficient allocation and scheduling of parts, materials, machines, sequences of operations and workflow
- Confers with shop supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information to customers on changes in delivery schedules
- Resolves changes in delivery schedule with internal personnel as well as the customer.
- Routes customer issues to appropriate departments and expedites production to ensure customer satisfaction
- Confidently interacts and influences customer functions such as manufacturing, replenishment, vendor compliance, and logistics is critical to success
- Manages customer complaints and addresses issues concerning team responsibility
- Compiles information and prepares and maintains purchase orders.
- Compiles vendor performance data.
- College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 years experience in customer service
- Work experience with M1 or Epicor and sheet metal fabrication a bonus.
- Ability to learn and adapt to in-house system applications
- Experience as a buyer is a plus
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate, and inquisitive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal and writing skills
- Ability to identify problems and propose resolutions
- Prefer knowledge of sheet metal parts
- Must have the ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables and standardized situations
Lake Air Companies is an Equal Opportunity employer