Lake City Medical Center Employee Reviews

Working at the hospital is a great experience.
Laboratory Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLApril 16, 2017
Run around 3 floors drawing blood on In PTs.

Work in Out Patient. There is two phlebotomist during the day and night shifts.

We order labs when needed, fax results.

The work culture is just like any other. We don't always get along, but we try to make the best of it, because we are short staffed.
Pros
PTs are always excited to see me.
Cons
Don't always get a lunch break.
just make sure you are part of popular crowd
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  lake city floridaMarch 14, 2017
Most of the management is great. 2 out of 3 are the worst to work for you are not apart of the mean girls club.
Hardest part of the job is adaquit staffing because of the managers in ability to proper staff.
The staff their are very helpful, understanding and caring.
Unit Secretary - Emergency Department PRN (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 2, 2016
I work in the Emergency Department as a PRN employee. I'm not really there much, but the times that I am the staff are such a team player. No matter what question I have no matter it being stupid or whatever they are always willing to help out. The job is very stressful at times and you have to try and overcome that. The multi-tasking is a lot because you have everyone coming at you at once and there stuff is more important then the next person. So you just have to learn which one is more important to do first. Your eyes and ears have to be open at all times to hear what is going on the ER dept. But overall I enjoy working there. I just wish I was full-time instead of PRN.
Pros
The staff are very helpful and such a team player
Cons
Being PRN you don't get enough hours. You may work once a month
Wide variety of duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 20, 2016
A typical day would deal with patients/families concerns while staying at facility. Also would be responsible for answering phones, preparing policy and procedure manuals, calendars for various departments, and setting up appointments.
Pros
Loved my job; knew what had to be done and needed little to no supervision.
Cons
No cons
Family atmosphere with heart.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 7, 2016
LCMC is a family all its own. They form a ring of comfort for one of their own that may be experiencing a major illness or loss of a loved one.
Pros
Great team members
Great People, Company Too Corporate
Phlebotomist, Lab Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 27, 2016
Typical day is hectic but mostly rewarding. Hardest part of the job was seeing the pain of many patients and families in the Emergency room.
Pros
Precept Pay, Pto, Benefits
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 25, 2016
My typical day would begin at 6:30 a.m. preparing the Case Managers' worlists for the day. Then I utilized Microsoft Office to compose correspondence and email, create PowerPoint presentations, forms, spreadsheets, graphs and charts, informational flyers, newsletters and other professional documents, and maintain the Directors’ schedules and tasks. I assisted in scheduling, preparing, and conducting education and training classes and orientations programs. I assisted Case Managers, physician advisers, and executives to prepare daily worklists and reports; coordinate, schedule, assemble, assimilate, and prepare data for weekly meeting Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings, Core Team/Length of Stay Meetings, and monthly Resource Committee Meetings. I performed general office duties such as filing, typing, copying, customer service, answering phones, etc.

I was afforded the opportunity to become a certified First Responder Instructor.
Pros
I was able to learn many different tasks in the medical field
Cons
Not full-time
It was easy to learn by doing all of the work. As a student you are encouraged to take the reins and run the department.
Student (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 24, 2016
A typical day would consists of arriving early before the technologist in order to perform daily control control. Through this experience I was able to gain the confidence I would need in the work force. The hardest part of my job was trying to juggle disgruntled patients while also keeping them safe from harm. The most enjoyable part to my was helping patients fight their diseases and seeing them smile from the results. I learned a lot at Lake City Medical Center and hope to gain employment and run my own department in the future.
Pros
Down time could be filled with studying. This is important for a student.
Cons
There was sometimes drama within the work place with coworkers who did not get along, It sometimes made it difficult to perform my duties.
The most profound experinece of my life
Director of Quality and Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 25, 2015
I learned so much from working in surgery. I learned what medications helped patients best with post-operative pain. I developed a healthy respect for pain and surgery. I learned what cancer looks like and how early identification can save lives.
Pros
Profound learning experience
Cons
long drive and never knew when I would get to go home
Productive environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 11, 2015
This Home has a hardworking staff and residents are taken care of to the best the Home has to offer. The building is in good shape, but the lighting could be improved a little.
Chaotic Management
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 18, 2015
Rules are set by management but are rarely enforced. Most employees are competent and do their jobs well but there are no repercussions to those who don't do their jobs at all. This includes those in management.
Avoid at all costs
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 2, 2015
This place might not be so bad if it wasn't for the thieves in charge and the management styles they are encouraged to display. If your not in with the good 'ol boy crowd you will be treated like you don't belong and you will be actively pursued to be written up whether its warranted or not. The only people that stay are the ones too stuck in the area to leave.
Pros
They are always hiring due to a lot of turnover
Cons
Everything else
Jobs
Registrar (Current Employee) –  lake city,florida 32024November 11, 2014
Got alone with co-worker's, i enjoyed working with other outside of my department. The hardest is collecting payments from patients.The most i enjoyed is meeting new people. The job is a challenge.
rural hospital within HCA
Director of Inpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FloridaOctober 28, 2014
Managed six nursing departments. Management of over 110 FTEs.
Hardest part of the job was meeting all the demands and balancing home life. Best part of the job was managing the staff and meeting productivity targets.
Pros
learned a lot in a short period of time about management
Cons
limited resources and no career advancement opportunities
Good job
CNA/Unit Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  lake city, flMay 19, 2014
Had a lot to learn, a lot of different positions. I liked the staff, and liked working with others.
Pros
Like the pateints
Cons
no advancement
Variable schedule on med/surge floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FlMay 12, 2014
Variable schedule but worked most weekends. First job experience as an RN. I was charge nurse 6 months into working there as a new nurse
Pros
Learned multiple new things
Cons
Poor patient/nurse ratio
Lake City Medical Center was a nice place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working at LCMC I would come in lock my things up and prepare for my day. Typing in patients information, giving them a wrist and escorting them to there destination. I learned a lot about medical terminology and I got to meet a lot of different people from different backgrounds. The management was wonderful , my co-workers were really nice. The hardest part about the job is seeing sick people and the most enjoyable part about the job was helping the patients and seeing them smile.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Seeing the sick patients
Very cultural and loving
REGISATAR (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 11, 2013
Sometime busy with very much to do with emergencies and admission. Always on the go from 12hrs to sometime 10hrs night shifts.
Pros
Good place to work.
Cons
Long frustrating hrs
Never A Dull Moment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 19, 2013
Enjoyed working with hospitalized patients, feeling I made a difference in someones life.
Not all "vampires" cause pain; when they have a great technique as a "blood sucker"
Typical HCA facility
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake CityJuly 15, 2013
HCA hospitals in the 80-100 bed range are training grounds for hospital administrators. Every 2-3 years a new administrator comes in with the instructions that he better increase profits over the last administrator or leave HCA. I saw 5 administrators in 9 years each one squeezing harder than the last. I witnessed employees cry when they saw their workload, many others admit that they needed drugs
like zoloft in order to cope with their job. I have witnessed this business model with HCA for over 25 years and I find it to be
quite troubling. The problem is that HCA is big in Florida and you often don't have many alternatives.
Pros
nice landscaping, all show no substance
Cons
unrealistic expectations of employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake City Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9