Lake City Medical Center

Lake City Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great People, Company Too Corporate
Phlebotomist, Lab Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 27, 2016
Typical day is hectic but mostly rewarding. Hardest part of the job was seeing the pain of many patients and families in the Emergency room.
Pros
Precept Pay, PTO, Benefits
Rewarding
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 25, 2016
My typical day would begin at 6:30 a.m. preparing the Case Managers' worlists for the day. Then I utilized Microsoft Office to compose correspondence and email, create PowerPoint presentations, forms, spreadsheets, graphs and charts, informational flyers, newsletters and other professional documents, and maintain the Directors’ schedules and tasks. I assisted in scheduling, preparing, and conducting education and training classes and orientations programs. I assisted Case Managers, physician advisers, and executives to prepare daily worklists and reports; coordinate, schedule, assemble, assimilate, and prepare data for weekly meeting Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings, Core Team/Length of Stay Meetings, and monthly Resource Committee Meetings. I performed general office duties such as filing, typing, copying, customer service, answering phones, etc.

I was afforded the opportunity to become a certified First Responder Instructor.
Pros
I was able to learn many different tasks in the medical field
Cons
Not full-time
The most profound experinece of my life
Director of Quality and Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 25, 2015
I learned so much from working in surgery. I learned what medications helped patients best with post-operative pain. I developed a healthy respect for pain and surgery. I learned what cancer looks like and how early identification can save lives.
Pros
Profound learning experience
Cons
long drive and never knew when I would get to go home
Productive environment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 11, 2015
This Home has a hardworking staff and residents are taken care of to the best the Home has to offer. The building is in good shape, but the lighting could be improved a little.
Chaotic Management
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 18, 2015
Rules are set by management but are rarely enforced. Most employees are competent and do their jobs well but there are no repercussions to those who don't do their jobs at all. This includes those in management.
Avoid at all costs
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 2, 2015
This place might not be so bad if it wasn't for the thieves in charge and the management styles they are encouraged to display. If your not in with the good 'ol boy crowd you will be treated like you don't belong and you will be actively pursued to be written up whether its warranted or not. The only people that stay are the ones too stuck in the area to leave.
Pros
they are always hiring due to a lot of turnover
Cons
everything else
Jobs
Registrar (Current Employee) –  lake city,florida 32024November 11, 2014
Got alone with co-worker's, i enjoyed working with other outside of my department. The hardest is collecting payments from patients.The most i enjoyed is meeting new people. The job is a challenge.
rural hospital within HCA
Director of Inpatient Services (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FloridaOctober 28, 2014
Managed six nursing departments. Management of over 110 FTEs.
Hardest part of the job was meeting all the demands and balancing home life. Best part of the job was managing the staff and meeting productivity targets.
Pros
learned a lot in a short period of time about management
Cons
limited resources and no career advancement opportunities
Good job
CNA/Unit Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  lake city, flMay 19, 2014
Had a lot to learn, a lot of different positions. I liked the staff, and liked working with others.
Pros
like the pateints
Cons
no advancement
Variable schedule on med/surge floor
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FlMay 12, 2014
Variable schedule but worked most weekends. First job experience as an RN. I was charge nurse 6 months into working there as a new nurse
Pros
learned multiple new things
Cons
poor patient/nurse ratio
Lake City Medical Center was a nice place to work
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 6, 2014
I really enjoyed working at LCMC I would come in lock my things up and prepare for my day. Typing in patients information, giving them a wrist and escorting them to there destination. I learned a lot about medical terminology and I got to meet a lot of different people from different backgrounds. The management was wonderful , my co-workers were really nice. The hardest part about the job is seeing sick people and the most enjoyable part about the job was helping the patients and seeing them smile.
Pros
helping people
Cons
seeing the sick patients
Very cultural and loving
REGISATAR (Current Employee) –  Lake City, FLNovember 11, 2013
Sometime busy with very much to do with emergencies and admission. Always on the go from 12hrs to sometime 10hrs night shifts.
Pros
good place to work.
Cons
long frustrating hrs
Never A Dull Moment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLAugust 19, 2013
Enjoyed working with hospitalized patients, feeling I made a difference in someones life.
Not all "vampires" cause pain; when they have a great technique as a "blood sucker"
Typical HCA facility
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lake CityJuly 15, 2013
HCA hospitals in the 80-100 bed range are training grounds for hospital administrators. Every 2-3 years a new administrator comes in with the instructions that he better increase profits over the last administrator or leave HCA. I saw 5 administrators in 9 years each one squeezing harder than the last. I witnessed employees cry when they saw their workload, many others admit that they needed drugs
like zoloft in order to cope with their job. I have witnessed this business model with HCA for over 25 years and I find it to be
quite troubling. The problem is that HCA is big in Florida and you often don't have many alternatives.
Pros
nice landscaping, all show no substance
Cons
unrealistic expectations of employees
Quiet and productive place to work. Great scheduling for those that live with in the area
Surgical Tech PRN (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 1, 2013
Morning meetings every day before shift begin.
Start cases after meetings, last case average about 2pm, then pull case for next day before leaving. Management has been known scrub in on cases to help relieve individuals for breaks, which makes for a great place to work. Co-workers tend to share work load for the most part. Hardest part about the job was traveling a hour and a half to work everyday and taking call on weekend cause had to stay in motel. Loved the 8 hour shift with call every other weekend.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 21, 2013
Did not care for this much, but was able to learn new things. I worked night shift and did not likje it to well. The management staff did not corporate well together.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
leadership was poor
Worked the psych unit
Nurse Tech., Taking (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 25, 2012
I worked 3 12 hour shifts a week. Not much I can say about it. Beings this is a hospital I was working for, I am not permitted to say much due to confidentiality.
CNA/Tech's
Fellow Tech/CNA (Former Employee) –  Lake City,FLDecember 4, 2012
If you are hired on as a CNA/Tech beware. They are almost always short and leaves you with an overload of patients with almost no help from the RN's that you are supposedly being supervised by. LCMC Med/surg and its management is very very unorganized and hectic. The RN's at LCMC do not believe in practicing BASIC patient care and it is exercised daily. Do not kill yourself working for this company. There is NO such thing as team work. Period.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
unorganized, no team work
It was my first Surg. Tech job. I learned alot.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 29, 2012
It was a small town, away from my family. The hospital was small, nd the procedures were common.
Pros
calm atmosphere
Cons
boring cases
Family environment; compassionate co-workers.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJune 14, 2012
Reviewing new hire files for accurate, up to date licensures and certifications.
I learned to be firm but pleasant with difficult associates and applicants.
The management was very knowledgable and very helpful. Very much like family.
Co-workers were friends and colleagues.
The hardest part was parting ways with colleagues that moved on due to other jobs, separations or sometimes death.
The friendships I established.