LAKE CUMBERLAND Regional Hospital

LAKE CUMBERLAND Regional Hospital Employer Reviews

good place to work
Enviromental Service Aide (Current Employee), Somerset, KYOctober 5, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: lack of staff
typical day at LCRH consists of fast pace work for 7.5 hrs a day . I learn different things everyday. Management is good to work for. My coworkers are willing to help each other. The hardest part is lack of staff and the most enjoyable part is meeting the patients and their families.
ER Admissions Clerk (Former Employee), Emergency DepartmentJuly 29, 2014
Pros: friendly staff; good work environment; safe place to work
I was happy to work at Lake Cumberland Hospital; my supervisors made me feel that I was a useful and important member of the staff. The only reason I left my job was that my husband passed away and I moved to be closer to my son.
Summary of Neuro ICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good working conditions.
Cons: sometimes not able to take a break.
Obtain assignment and assess patients, care for immediate needs.
Give medications as ordered. I learned how to assist with bedside procedures and more about the post surgical care of patients. Co workers were excellent with team work. Management was easily accessible for issues that may arise. The hardest part was losing a patient. The most enjoyable – more... was the positive outcomes of the patients. – less
LPN with Acute Care
LPN (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 15, 2014
management of certified nursing assistants, administering medications, care of patients across the lifespan.
Busy Busy
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 1, 2014
The days at Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital were very fast paced, the days flew by never was there any time to just stand around. The employees stayed very busy as we were working under 8 different pharmacists. I really enjoyed the work setting and the fast pace of this environment.
Excellent job caring for patients
House Supervisor (Current Employee), Somerset, KYFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: i am able to flex between physician call center and house supervisor.
Cons: insurance
A typical day at work involves assisting staff nurses with skills such as IV, bed assignments for admissions, taking complaints from families, patients, staff, and physicians.

I have learned how to be come more organized and effective in my position.

The hardest part of my job is helping families say good bye to their loved ones.

The most enjoyable – more... part is working with the staff and being able to talk to all of them. – less
terrible place to work
technologist (Current Employee), somerset kyJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: some workers are like family
Cons: no raises, no discounts, no job security
No pay raises for the past 4 years, except for management personal. The company that owns LCRH, Lifepoint, is all about profit. The management aims to plz the board(or they'll be fired). They don't care about employees or patients...or even doctors. The cost of exams are some of the highest around, not affordable for patients. Benefits are horrible, – more... no employee discounts. No job security,ex) been there 18 years, broke your leg, they will find a way to get rid of you by the time you finish rehab. I've seen it happen to a handful of people. – less
Paid well, good benefits
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Somerset, KYOctober 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits, staff is like family
Cons: short breaks, needed more instrumentation in the operating room
very busy environment, fast paced, this hospital covers several counties and stays really busy
Excellent communication between healthcare professionals leading to better treatment outcomes.
Level I Fieldwork Placement (Former Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 30, 2013
I learned a lot in this setting and was able to contribute and assist in therapy sessions as a student.
It's just not a great employer.
health information tech 1 (Current Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 28, 2013
Management is not the best. Don't get raises or good benefits. Health insurance is horrible. I would not reccommend to work here
good place to work for
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 29, 2013
good place to work for i would recommend this job to other people
fun work place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 29, 2013
Pros: loved this job
Cons: at the time to low of pay
was responsible for file room and filing all patients charts, walking up faxes to nurses station and putting on patients charts,helping co-workers key in information.
Great people to work for
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 5, 2013
very nice people, good experience to obtain if you're going into the medical field, but not well paid with no degree. bare minimum wage
CNA
CNA/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 26, 2013
This is a good place to work. Offers many different experiences with each day and always learning something new.
Worse place I ever worked.
Certified Emergency Nurse (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: none... well maybe parking... no, not even that.
Cons: everything
I was a nurse at this hospital for 2 years. The staff was very "back stabbing" and management was worse, from the department managers to the CNO. The HR director was not helpful and was very rude. In fact, I do not think anyone was helpful and polite. I worked in many departments and this was the case for 99% of them. I would by pass this hospital if – more... I had a choice. This is a small town hospital and everyone thinks they know everything about everyone else. Do not come here to work unless your from here, and I would suggest driving out of town even if you are from here. – less
Its a job
Monitor Tech - Cardiovascular Intensive Care (Current Employee), Somerset, KYDecember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not much room for advancement
The schedule is good if you like being on a rotation
Don't expect too much help from management and only expect administration to be crunching numbers.
stressful workplace
Registered Nurse from Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMay 8, 2012
My coworkers were and are some of the best people to work with. The management could be so much better and supportive. You are scheduled for 12 hour shifts but you often ar there 15 hours to get your job done. The work load is heavy and oftentimes unsafe.
Staff was great to work with and very helpful.
Internship (Former Employee), Somerset, KyMarch 4, 2012
I enjoyed doing my internship in medical records. The staff was very friendly and helpful and taught me a lot.