LAKE CUMBERLAND Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 21, 2016
Interesting place to work, many professionals are willing to teach and take time out of their day. Beautiful setting, and nice employees. Always something going on
LCRH Values Profits Over Employees or Patient Care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 13, 2016
The administration of this hospital would rather maximize profits than improve patient care or retain employees. Year after year patient satisfaction scores drop and employee recommendations are ignored. If you push an issue the administration will send a team in to threaten the department. Very hostile workplace.
Pros
Helipad near ED to transport patients away from LCRH
Cons
Administration
Hardest nursing job ever
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 5, 2016
Wouldn't recommend to new nurses
can't take a break
Budgeting according to pt census
which is ok but most of the time they call it too close
Pros
NONE
Cons
Very hard work for the pay
Wonderful coworkers
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 24, 2016
Teamwork is the key to ICU at LCRH. The friends and coworkers are amazing. Management not so much. Hours have been cut back. Little support for staff. No opportunity for advancement unless you are part of the "in group". Hours are terrible with no consideration for family life or life outside of hospital. Pay is below market value.
Phlebotomist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 14, 2016
Overall, this is a pretty good place to work, but with every job, it is what you make of it. As long as you go in and do your job correctly, you will have no worries.
miss this job
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 18, 2016
I miss this job wish I could work here again at least I had confidence in myself here if u wanna hire me back call me I would work in EVS for all I care.....................................................
Acquired nursing experience relevent to further my education in nursing
Oncology Nurse/ Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 20, 2016
Enjoyed the client/ nurse interaction. Obtained a lot of experience in different units of the hospital. The hardest part of the job was losing an oncology patient in death.
An ok workplace for a beginner
Ultrasound Tech (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 5, 2015
My typical work day consists of doing various types of ultrasound exams on patients. I've learned different types of ultrasound exams, how to make the most of my time at work, and how to be a better team player. The former management was good, but I really don't know the management that is in place now. For the most part, my co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills and knowledge about ultrasound.
Poor nurse to patient ratio. Mandatory overtime for over ten months. Low pay scale and benefit package. More concerned with investors than patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  NursingSeptember 8, 2015
Lifepoint is a cold business. Understaffed and overworked. Did not listen to staff to correct problems. Managers are only interested in bringing in under budget to get bonus.
Staff wants to give good care but no support from managers.
Cons
Too much overtime. Not enough staff. Dangerous
It's a good job, if....
LPN (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 27, 2015
LCRH is a wonderful job, when it is managed by the correct people. Lifepoint Hospitals, is not the correct company. It was a much better atmosphere when it was owned and managed by more local companies.
the company appreciates the employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 21, 2015
The company was good to work for. They reward you with tshirts, cups, etc. My manager was nice for a time, but she would not come to me if she had a problem until it was too late.
Pros
great company
Cons
long work hours
Clinical Systems/PACS Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 16, 2015
I started here 4 years ago almost and have loved every minute of my job. The hospital has always been there to help support with education and training if I needed it. I learned so much about team work and critical thinking skills when it came to tough situations.
Pros
Laid back environment
Not a productive environment.
Environmental service Aide (Former Employee) –  PRN/ FloatMay 1, 2015
The management in the department I worked in (Environmental Services) was not up to par. The amount of gossip and drama was actually worse than being in High School. The main thing I learned from this was how a manager should not be.
Pros
Off every other weekend
Cons
Tremendous amount of gossip and poor management.
Registered Nurse
RN (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 26, 2015
I work on a floor where we primarily care for patient's that have or will have surgery on their spine, brain, back, or neck. We perform day to day nursing care, collaborate with the physicians, therapist, and other healthcare team members to ensure our patient's receive the highest level of care possible. We are also a stroke certified center and take care of patient's who are diagnosed with a stroke from the time of entrance until discharge. The hardest part of my job is the long hours it requires us to work. I love getting to know my patients and care for them and I enjoy the company of my coworkers,
Pros
teamwork
An overwhelming experience
Cardiovascular RN (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 15, 2015
I really enjoyed, working on the CVU. A typical day was very fast paced and usually at least 14 hours each shift. This is the only hospital, I have ever worked for, where, the nurse does 100% of patient care, we were not allowed to have CNA, CMA, or LPNs, to take the work load off of the RN. I became very uncomfortable, working under these circumstances. Not only did I feel that patient care suffer, but the work load was, in my opinion dangerous for patients, because of the fatigue of their nurses. Had we had some help on the unit, I would have loved this position and not left.
Pros
the patients
Cons
rarely able to take a break, including lunch. the lack of help and feeling overwhelmed.
good place to work
Enviromental Service Aide (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 5, 2014
typical day at LCRH consists of fast pace work for 7.5 hrs a day . I learn different things everyday. Management is good to work for. My coworkers are willing to help each other. The hardest part is lack of staff and the most enjoyable part is meeting the patients and their families.
Pros
benfits
Cons
lack of staff
ER Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Emergency DepartmentJuly 29, 2014
I was happy to work at Lake Cumberland Hospital; my supervisors made me feel that I was a useful and important member of the staff. The only reason I left my job was that my husband passed away and I moved to be closer to my son.
Pros
friendly staff; good work environment; safe place to work
Summary of Neuro ICU
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 29, 2014
Obtain assignment and assess patients, care for immediate needs.
Give medications as ordered. I learned how to assist with bedside procedures and more about the post surgical care of patients. Co workers were excellent with team work. Management was easily accessible for issues that may arise. The hardest part was losing a patient. The most enjoyable was the positive outcomes of the patients.
Pros
good working conditions.
Cons
sometimes not able to take a break.
LPN with Acute Care
LPN (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 15, 2014
management of certified nursing assistants, administering medications, care of patients across the lifespan.
Busy Busy
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 1, 2014
The days at Lake Cumberland Regional Hospital were very fast paced, the days flew by never was there any time to just stand around. The employees stayed very busy as we were working under 8 different pharmacists. I really enjoyed the work setting and the fast pace of this environment.

2.9