LAKE CUMBERLAND Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing group of people to work with.
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 3, 2017
I worked at LCRH for about a month, but i also completed my clinical rotation there. I have never in my life worked with such an awesome group of people. They all are very kind and respectful. Its not truely like going to work, it's more like going to hang out with a bunch of friends, and getting paid for it.
Fast Pace
Admissions/Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 16, 2017
Register patients to the emergency dept, verify patient information and insurance, scanning documents into patient files, obtaining appropriate signatures.
My Review
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pine Knot, KYJune 12, 2017
Correctly and safely operated all kitchen equipment.
Used a variety of cooking methods and techniques while cooking such as: braising, broiling, baking, grilling, poaching, pan-frying, sautéing, and deep frying.
Assured using safety and sanitary actions while working with the high-risk population at the Lake Cumberland Regional hospital because of being ServSafe certified.
Pros
Got to explore different things
Cons
Never Late
Deadening
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 5, 2017
Dirty physical environment with a management only concerned with the bottom line. Stressful job without the resourcey to adequately care for the patients.
Is a nice place to work
CNA Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 1, 2017
They just don't give you enough hours to make it but the staff is wonderful nurses are wonderful to work with everyone is down to earth people the only thing is that there is not enough hours to make it working here
Non Career type of job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KyMarch 1, 2017
The job was only part-time with no benefits and no chance of advancement. Although, the work atmosphere was varied and exciting at times.
job description
ER Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJanuary 3, 2017
I register patients who enter ER department so they can quickly be triaged for care. I also answer phones and direct to correct departments in the hospital. I take patients insurance information and put in the system to determine their copays and make sure they get paid or set up an agreement for services to get paid, while providing patient confidentiality.
Exciting place to work
ER Tech/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYNovember 30, 2016
My time in the ER was one of my favorite jobs. I learned how to care for a patient in an emergency. Honed my secretarial skills and multi tasking was a must.
Pros
Exciting
Friendly and Inviting Surgery Center where we all work together as a team
Senior Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 31, 2016
There are a variety of wonderful perks to working in such a diverse environment as well as job benefits through LCRH. We earn bonuses for meeting our financial goals. We have great parking right next to the employee entrance as well.
Great place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 21, 2016
Interesting place to work, many professionals are willing to teach and take time out of their day. Beautiful setting, and nice employees. Always something going on
LCRH Values Profits Over Employees or Patient Care
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 13, 2016
The administration of this hospital would rather maximize profits than improve patient care or retain employees. Year after year patient satisfaction scores drop and employee recommendations are ignored. If you push an issue the administration will send a team in to threaten the department. Very hostile workplace.
Pros
Helipad near ED to transport patients away from LCRH
Cons
Administration
Hardest nursing job ever
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 5, 2016
Wouldn't recommend to new nurses
can't take a break
Budgeting according to pt census
which is ok but most of the time they call it too close
Pros
Cons
Very hard work for the pay
Wonderful coworkers
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 24, 2016
Teamwork is the key to ICU at LCRH. The friends and coworkers are amazing. Management not so much. Hours have been cut back. Little support for staff. No opportunity for advancement unless you are part of the "in group". Hours are terrible with no consideration for family life or life outside of hospital. Pay is below market value.
Phlebotomist (PRN) (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 14, 2016
Overall, this is a pretty good place to work, but with every job, it is what you make of it. As long as you go in and do your job correctly, you will have no worries.
miss this job
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 18, 2016
I miss this job wish I could work here again at least I had confidence in myself here if u wanna hire me back call me I would work in EVS for all I care.....................................................
Acquired nursing experience relevent to further my education in nursing
Oncology Nurse/ Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYApril 20, 2016
Enjoyed the client/ nurse interaction. Obtained a lot of experience in different units of the hospital. The hardest part of the job was losing an oncology patient in death.
An ok workplace for a beginner
Ultrasound Tech (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYDecember 5, 2015
My typical work day consists of doing various types of ultrasound exams on patients. I've learned different types of ultrasound exams, how to make the most of my time at work, and how to be a better team player. The former management was good, but I really don't know the management that is in place now. For the most part, my co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part of the job is not getting enough hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new skills and knowledge about ultrasound.
Poor nurse to patient ratio. Mandatory overtime for over ten months. Low pay scale and benefit package. More concerned with investors than patients.
RN (Former Employee) –  NursingSeptember 8, 2015
Lifepoint is a cold business. Understaffed and overworked. Did not listen to staff to correct problems. Managers are only interested in bringing in under budget to get bonus.
Staff wants to give good care but no support from managers.
Cons
Too much overtime. Not enough staff. Dangerous
It's a good job, if....
LPN (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 27, 2015
LCRH is a wonderful job, when it is managed by the correct people. Lifepoint Hospitals, is not the correct company. It was a much better atmosphere when it was owned and managed by more local companies.
the company appreciates the employees
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJune 21, 2015
The company was good to work for. They reward you with tshirts, cups, etc. My manager was nice for a time, but she would not come to me if she had a problem until it was too late.
Pros
great company
Cons
long work hours