Lake Erie College Employee Reviews

it was a fine job
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 4, 2016
very neat and i had fun working there. the leaders who i were working for assisted me to the fullest and showed me how to perfect the admissions process.
Productive and fun work environment
Admissions Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMay 31, 2016
Being able to converse with potential families and students of Lake Erie College was always a blast. Just explaining to them my story about how I got here and all the great things Lake Erie has to offer. Working with a wide variety of age groups everyday I was able to learn a lot about the admission process to getting into schools. I enjoyed the busy work; filing papers, organizing files, making sure paperwork was where it needed to be. My co-workers were fun the people around the school in general were really nice and made working for Lake Erie College very exciting.
Pros
free lunch
Typical GA Day
Assistant Director of Development for Athletics (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHApril 13, 2016
Go into the office around 9:00 am, do administrative stuff to start the week. Around 3:00 pm get ready to run a practice. At about 6:00 pm go home.
Great Place, Education
National Student-Athlete (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHApril 7, 2016
I absolutely love my educational experience here at Lake Erie College. I have a Football scholarship here at LEC. I believe LEC is setting me up to be the most successful person I can be. I am apart of the leadership program for the Football team.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Wonderful work place with great people in a fun community.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 30, 2016
Lake Erie College was a great place, it just was not the right time for me. In a typical day being an RA, I would have to deal with a lot of different scenarios. My main focus of my job was that I had my own room on the 3rd floor of a dormitory and had to manage 30 kids. 15 rooms, 2 kids per room. I had all freshmen boys to deal with. My job was to make sure they were behaving and getting done what they needed to. Along with that we had to put forth programs for them, attend staff meetings every week, and also do room checks which included a lot of paperwork.
Pros
Free room and board. Room to myself.
Cons
Too hectic with playing basketball and 4 classes. All freshmen was rough.
Customer friendly and employee friendly
Resident Director / Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 30, 2015
One of the best positions a younger person could have, as the job was rewarding on numerous levels, to a point where it almost did not feel like work.
Pros
Friendly staff, close to the city.
Cons
Lack of employee package
Great school and friendly environment
Student Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 23, 2015
It was great being able to help out my fellow classmates. There was no hard part of that job; I was already taking notes in class and I just had to type them up and make it so it was easy to understand.
Wonderful experience at Lake Erie College. Beautiful Campus, supportive collegues
Exec. Asst. to Sr. VP and Chief of Pres. Staff (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHSeptember 15, 2014
Unfortunately their budget is in turmoil and as a result I was laid off indefinitely.

I learned a great many skills including managing board sub committees, expense reports, profit and loss reports, grant writing, and the fund raising program Raisers Edge.
Pros
Free Education for myself and members of my immediate family
Cons
Budget turmoil
Easy work and interaction with students and alumni
Athletic Center Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day is sitting behind the front desk making sure everyone signs in before they enter the workout area or goes to talk to a coach. Interacting with the students and alumni helped me improve my communication skills. Management was easy going and when they asked me to do a task I would do it. There was really no hard part about the job because it was through work study through the college.
Pros
Laid back environment
Cons
Extremely repetitive
Fun atomosphere and place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OhioJanuary 23, 2014
I enjoyed my time here with the co-workers and staff. Many were either my fellow teammates or coaches. This job was mine through college and went towards tuition. It was a wonderful job to have while maintaining a full class schedule and softball practice.
A good group of people doing a lot of hard work.
Interim Stable Staff Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHNovember 14, 2013
On a daily basis we take care of 60+ horses...feed, clean stalls and add fresh bedding, turn out in paddocks, fly spray or blanket (depending on the weather) I have learned a lot about the different personalities horses can have and how to handle each one of them. My co-workers are a great bunch of people, we all love the horses and will do anything for them. It's a very physical job, the paddocks are about a quarter of a mile away from the barn, so there is a whole lot of walking every day. The best part about the job is being able to interact with the horses.
Pros
good physical excercise
Cons
getting stepped on by 1200-1500 pound, hooved animals
Nice place to work with great ethics
PR / HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHOctober 16, 2013
Bought out when went public and broke up by holding company. :(
what I like about LEC
Alumni & Public relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMay 31, 2013
For four years, Lake Erie College has been my home. I made the best memories anyone would ever ask for. I worked as a student worker, and that was really fun. I learned from other co workers as well. It was one of the unique experiences that comes by once in awhile. I'm very grateful I went there and would never change a thing about that place.
Lec
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 16, 2013
I went to college here and I worked for them with several different hats. I always enjoyed working here! *I wish I could go back to college!*
Working here is a very rewarding experience.
VP (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHJune 18, 2012
This is a very caring and student centered institution. Employees are expected to go above and beyond to serve the student population.
what a great place to be
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHApril 9, 2012
I had so much fun working at this place as an internship. I learned so much from all of the people who taught me and mentored me through my internship. The hardest part of the job was knowing it had to end because it was an internship. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to watch and be a part of all the sporting events.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Erie College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4