Lake Forest College Employee Reviews

Productive and fun time generating interest in Lake Forest College
Student Ambassador & STAR Caller (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with the admissions counselors to generate interest and attract students to Lake Forest College. Especially working with transfer students, it was rewarding to help them answer questions about the college application process and find out if Lake Forest College is the right fit for them.
liked it alott
Fashion Show Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 4, 2017
cool wow yea this place is really cool.
I liked working here it was really fun the employees are super friendly and everyone seems pretty chill the location is
Productive and fun place to work
STAR Caller (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 22, 2017
As a part time college side job, it was great experience. The admissions office is a fun and educative group to be a part of and are always doing their best to help incoming students.
Great work environment
Donnelley and Lee Library, Library Staff (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 22, 2017
It is great to work there. The supervisors are very kind and respectful. You meet a lot of people and they all like to work as a team. I had a great experience there.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Love working at a small college
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 7, 2017
Great work environment; able to work with diverse students, faculty, and staff; creative events and programming; excellent colleagues. Working in student activities, be prepared to work after 5 p.m.
Great place to get comfortbable
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILApril 26, 2017
Great small liberal arts college to work for. There aren't many opportunities for professional development due to funding and they can work more on diversity of staff. But overall a great experience and place to work.
Good management experience
Member, Phi Sigma Iota (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 25, 2017
Allowed me to work on my managerial skills but does not offer a lot of upward mobility. The faculty and staff are always helpful and nice, generally good working environment all around.
Fun temporary job position
VOLLEYBALL CAMP COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 10, 2016
Worked athletic camps throughout the summer,was treated well and room and board were included in my time working there for the week. Nice facilities and positive work environment.
Pros
free meals and room
Cons
long days
Practice hard
Rugby Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 3, 2015
Had Practice 2 of the 7 days, where we developed our skills and formations. Learned the fundamental rules to rugby. Although we had 2 coaches, it was the captains that taught the team. The hardest part of the job is tackling men twice your size, while scoring is usually the most enjoyable.
Good
Chemistry Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 22, 2015
It was generally a 10 hour work day, it was good. Family owned company very small, enjoyed the group work. Co workers were friendly and helpful.
Great Place
Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 2, 2015
Good supportive people. Great culture. Travel is a must both in and of season with games and recruiting in the athletic department
While in college
Delta Gamma Fraternity (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 22, 2015
Gained really good experience in the field to prepare me for life beyond college. Challenged and supported during my time there
Productivw
Admission Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2015
As an Admission's Ambassador for your own college every moment was enjoyable. I was able to communicate with incoming students and allow them to understand from a student's perspective how wonderful the college was in so many different aspects. My co workers were other students and the management were people who enjoyed working with students.
Good Place to work
Offensive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Good school. The kids are wonderful to work for. The athletic department has grown. Great facilities. Expensive to live
Pros
Great hours
Cons
401 K wasnt great
School Job- Mail Services
Head Cashier- Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 13, 2014
I became a more open person because of this job.

A typical day was picking up the mail from the post office, then bringing it back to the school where it was sorted into student and staff members boxes that were a part of Lake Forest College.

I would also send packages and mail by UPS, USPS, and DHL.

I would deliver mail across campus to administrative and academic offices.

My boss would really push you to strive for the best. He never let you do things in an "okay" manner, he really pushed you to do the best that you could do and be the best you could be.

The mail room was made of different nationalities, coworkers always learned from each other and were so helpful, we always had someone to rely on when we needed assistance and we learned, don't be afraid to ask questions and always give a helping hand.

There was no real hard part of the job, perhaps the lifting of heavy packages for some.

The most enjoyable part was having the different ethnicity, being around people who enjoyed there jobs, becoming a person who could handle more, and learning different skills such as , DHL, USPS, and UPS.
Pros
uplifting environment
Cons
training new students
Engaging, Educating, and Fun
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 25, 2014
• Worked closely with the Associate Vice President of Alumni and Community Engagement as well as other staff members in the department to secure $2.6 million in support for the College
• Created segmented direct mail solicitations to be sent to alumni, parents, and friends
• Organized and implemented Philanthropy Awareness Week on campus to educate and engage students, faculty, and staff
• Managed the Forester Forever Scholarship and was responsible for meeting with student recipients as well as reaching out to the alumni who recommended the student in order to solicit additional support
• Worked with the Alumni Board and reunion volunteers to cultivate effective giving strategies and goals which resulted in an increase of volunteers and crowd funding efforts
• Oversaw the annual Senior Class Gift and general student philanthropy events on campus raising more than $10,000
• Participated in different on and off campus alumni events to steward donors and solicit new gifts
• Responsible for overall management of the College’s Phonathon fundraising program which is responsible for $200,000 of the Annual Fund goal
• Accountable for recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, scheduling, and effectively supervising staff of approximately two dozen student callers
• Prepared and updated pledge and reminder letters and emails
Chicago's National Liberal Arts College
IFC President (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 28, 2014
Lake Forest provides ample opportunity for students to grow and develop their skills and interests across a wide array of fields.
nice employees
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 2, 2014
easy work and had a nice boss had a great time day to day and really enjoyed my job
Great Academic Culture
Hardware Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 21, 2013
As a help desk representative and manager I found this position very engaging. The users are generally very personable and understanding. The management was very understanding and allowed enough independence to get resolutions in a timely manner.
Welcoming and diverse environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 11, 2013
I loved being an RA at Lake Forest College. I was looked up to as a leader on campus, and approached for support and advice from peers and underclassmen at my school.