Lake Forest College Employee Reviews

Enjoyable team with a variety of fun and challenging tasks
Student Associate in College Library (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 20, 2012
Working on the "Lake Effect" project was nice in that for the most part we worked our own hours with the exception of a weekly meeting that we attended to touch base with each other. I enjoyed working with a small team of three students and two supervisors but also was happy when we were able to interact more with others: interviewing people for inclusion in the archive, researching, and preparing and giving a presentation on our project at the college's Symposium. The most enjoyable part of the job was the research and interviews; the most difficult part of the job was transcribing the author's notes.
Pros
working our own hours during school
Cons
trying to keep everyone on task between meetings
Practice hard
Rugby Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 3, 2015
Had Practice 2 of the 7 days, where we developed our skills and formations. Learned the fundamental rules to rugby. Although we had 2 coaches, it was the captains that taught the team. The hardest part of the job is tackling men twice your size, while scoring is usually the most enjoyable.
Great place to work and develop professional skills
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 8, 2013
My job as a Resident Assistant (RA) at Lake Forest College was great--I acted as a paraprofessional tool for undergraduate students and coordinated programs that focused on diversity, substance abuse, personal development, and academic achievement. I worked with a team of three other RA's, all working under a Resident Director. The other part of my job was to manage administrative tasks such as maintenance requests, room condition reports, and room change requests. The hardest part of my position is that people would approach me about issues with their room or living situation anywhere at any time of the day. That being said, the thing I most enjoyed about being a RA is that I get to meet a lot of people and it gave me valuable leadership and organizational skills.
Pros
leadership opportunities, meet lots of people
Cons
people approach you with their problems at all hours of the day, outside of the workplace
Productivw
Admission Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2015
As an Admission's Ambassador for your own college every moment was enjoyable. I was able to communicate with incoming students and allow them to understand from a student's perspective how wonderful the college was in so many different aspects. My co workers were other students and the management were people who enjoyed working with students.
Brand New Sports Facility with Energetic Customers
Sports Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 20, 2013
Worked part time work study while interacting with students, faculty, and athletes. Learned how to manage my time while enrolled as a full time student, and improved my people skills. Hardest part of the job was being a student, an athlete, and staying focused on the objectives at hand. Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching students and community members the correct ways and techniques of fitness and weight room equipment use.
Pros
Flexibility of my class schedule and work schedule
Cons
Reporting to work after a hard football practice and long class hours
Excellent learning opportunity
Group Leader, Greeter, and Visitor Host (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 18, 2013
A typical day included giving tours and hosting lunches, and providing information about lake forest college. I learned all about my college and the people interested in it. The job really had little faults.
Pros
free lunches, meeting new people
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
School Job- Mail Services
Head Cashier- Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 13, 2014
I became a more open person because of this job.

A typical day was picking up the mail from the post office, then bringing it back to the school where it was sorted into student and staff members boxes that were a part of Lake Forest College.

I would also send packages and mail by UPS, USPS, and DHL.

I would deliver mail across campus to administrative and academic offices.

My boss would really push you to strive for the best. He never let you do things in an "okay" manner, he really pushed you to do the best that you could do and be the best you could be.

The mail room was made of different nationalities, coworkers always learned from each other and were so helpful, we always had someone to rely on when we needed assistance and we learned, don't be afraid to ask questions and always give a helping hand.

There was no real hard part of the job, perhaps the lifting of heavy packages for some.

The most enjoyable part was having the different ethnicity, being around people who enjoyed there jobs, becoming a person who could handle more, and learning different skills such as , DHL, USPS, and UPS.
Pros
uplifting environment
Cons
training new students
Great Place
Assistant Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 2, 2015
Good supportive people. Great culture. Travel is a must both in and of season with games and recruiting in the athletic department
Great Academic Culture
Hardware Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILOctober 21, 2013
As a help desk representative and manager I found this position very engaging. The users are generally very personable and understanding. The management was very understanding and allowed enough independence to get resolutions in a timely manner.
Engaging, Educating, and Fun
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 25, 2014
• Worked closely with the Associate Vice President of Alumni and Community Engagement as well as other staff members in the department to secure $2.6 million in support for the College
• Created segmented direct mail solicitations to be sent to alumni, parents, and friends
• Organized and implemented Philanthropy Awareness Week on campus to educate and engage students, faculty, and staff
• Managed the Forester Forever Scholarship and was responsible for meeting with student recipients as well as reaching out to the alumni who recommended the student in order to solicit additional support
• Worked with the Alumni Board and reunion volunteers to cultivate effective giving strategies and goals which resulted in an increase of volunteers and crowd funding efforts
• Oversaw the annual Senior Class Gift and general student philanthropy events on campus raising more than $10,000
• Participated in different on and off campus alumni events to steward donors and solicit new gifts
• Responsible for overall management of the College’s Phonathon fundraising program which is responsible for $200,000 of the Annual Fund goal
• Accountable for recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating, scheduling, and effectively supervising staff of approximately two dozen student callers
• Prepared and updated pledge and reminder letters and emails
Good
Chemistry Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJune 22, 2015
It was generally a 10 hour work day, it was good. Family owned company very small, enjoyed the group work. Co workers were friendly and helpful.
While in college
Delta Gamma Fraternity (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 22, 2015
Gained really good experience in the field to prepare me for life beyond college. Challenged and supported during my time there
I loved working at my college campus, it kept me close to the community while allowing me to take on leadership roles within the community.
Gates Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, IllinoisOctober 2, 2012
Great hours. Awesome supervisors. The energy in the department was fantastic, really gave employers the opportunity to thrive in the business. Hardest part was leaving the college.
Good Place to work
Offensive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILFebruary 7, 2015
Good school. The kids are wonderful to work for. The athletic department has grown. Great facilities. Expensive to live
Pros
Great hours
Cons
401 K wasnt great
Great way to learn and make money while attending college
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJanuary 9, 2013
I have 2 part time jobs at college and I think LFC (Lake Forest College) does a great job at training their student workers. I learned to talk to my peers and instruct them on psychological concepts as well as coding newspapers for immigration terms.
Chicago's National Liberal Arts College
IFC President (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMay 28, 2014
Lake Forest provides ample opportunity for students to grow and develop their skills and interests across a wide array of fields.
Welcoming and diverse environment.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 11, 2013
I loved being an RA at Lake Forest College. I was looked up to as a leader on campus, and approached for support and advice from peers and underclassmen at my school.
Basic College Work Experience
Theater Property Management (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILDecember 11, 2012
Great supervisors, many learning experiences, get to know of theatre production behind the scenes.
Fun Student-Worker Environment
Equipment Manager & Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILMarch 13, 2012
As a student-worker, the college has given me a opportunity to earn money for my education
Great opportunity
Athletic Facility Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 28, 2012
This was an opportunity to be an athlete, get an education, and work with a fun staff. Great!

4.4