Lake Granbury Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fast pace enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Fun work place with very friendly and outgoing people.
The hospital is very determind to make sure that all patients are taking care of by HIPAA laws and safety.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with all patients
Pros
insuracne benefits-family activies with the hospital
Cons
pay
Great management and Employee cooperation
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Management is very receptive to the needs and wants of the employees and strive to create and maintain a suitable work environment. Employees are all very respectful of each other and work very well together.
A lot of hours, most co-workers easy to get along with, management one-sided
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 17, 2015
I got a lot of experience working here. Physicians were mostly easy going of course like most places they would have their moments. Co-workers were mostly easy going. The few that were hard to get along with were hard to get along with a lot of people. I didn't care much for management and supervisors. They seemed very one sided and didn't seem keen on hearing other people's points of view or input. I think there were a lot of friendships that weren't separated when being in the work place causing strain on working together as a team unit. On the upside the pay was decent and it was fairly busy it was easy to get hours or even over time. Management did work with employees scheduling for the most part.
Pros
A lot of hours; variety of surgeries
Cons
Management was very one-sided
Great Experience
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 1, 2015
This is a great hospital with a great work environment. The staff is excellent to work with and I fully recommend this hospital.
CHS hospitals don't value their employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 7, 2015
This facility could be amazing, but the lack of great leadership and the inability of managment to hear the voice of their employees makes it a difficult place to work for an extended period of time.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lack of staff
Good facility
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 29, 2015
Good work environment. Very passionate about patient care and working with patients. Not much room for advancement though.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TexasJuly 21, 2013
The co-workers and management are very easily to get along with. A typical day at the office is to check insurance eligibility and benefits and collect copays and balances. The hardest part of the job is when it becomes very busy with phones and patients.
Lake Granbury Medical Center
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Laboratory was very small, and staff were unfriendly and did not train well. Manager had an office outside the lab and was rarely in there at all.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Bad Laboratory manager
very productive and a fast pace enivornment
Phlebotomist-FT Nights (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 17, 2014
Typical day for phlebotomist is going to vary of departments and draw blood. Majority of the time I am in the ER department. Every day is a different day and you learn something new. I love the co workers I work with. WE are very close department. The hardest part of the job is when doing the morning draws you have to have them completed before a certain time and have a final review before a certain time for the doctors.
I enjoy communicating with different types of patients. I am very easy going person and strike up a conversations with anyone and not make it awkward.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
Productive and fast paced
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 4, 2015
steadily busy. learned the computer inside and out. Management was great. Co-workers were friendly.
fast paced and stressful
Pros
benenfits
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work, learn, and accomplish goals.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TexasNovember 3, 2014
I have learned and grown so much as a professional in the short time I’ve been with Lake Granbury Medical Center. They have great leadership and a professional, caring culture that continues to keep the company successful.
Pros
free unlimited coffee, great discount at cafeteria.
A Fast Paced Enviornment
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Granbury,txFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in the Er Registration department of the hospital. A lot was expected of the ER Registrars, everything was done in a timely and proficient manner. Patients were always greeted with a warm small and Registrars kept Patient information disclosed at all times unless told otherwise. I learned how to Register patients in the AS400 system and Medhost. As well as learned how to check if patient insurance was still eligible. The hardest part of the job was being able to register in the 50+ patients who walked in the last 2 hours. I enjoyed the high pace of the job and friendly work environment.
Cons
short lunch break
Supportive in education development
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 2, 2014
Lake Granbury Medical Center was an excellent stepping stone in my pathway. They assisted me in completing my Masters in Nursing Leadership and Management. I have gained excellent experience during my time employed at this facility.
Coworkers were great
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Management and coworkers were great. We started the day at 730 am and would usually finish up around 5/6pm.
Pros
had weekends off
Cons
no room more growth within company
A good place to be able to use all of your nursing skills.
LVN Medical-Surgical nights (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I worked for LGMC and was able to use all of my nursing skills including starting and maintaining IVs, inserting foleys, inserting NG Tubes, administering medications orally and by IVs, sterile technique, charting and many other skills used.
Pros
hospital close by, using my skills, liking my colleagues.
Cons
i worked nights. loved it at the time but i need day hours now.
Productive and fun workplace
Cardiovascular Technologist RCIS (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 15, 2013
When I come into work in the morning, I look at our schedule and get the pre op area ready with charts, pumps, and anything else needed. Our team gets the patients ready and we do cases one after the other.
The cardiologist that I work for is a great teacher and is willing to answer any question I have in the cath lab. I have learned that not every patient is the same and to approach each case as a new learning experience.
My co-workers are a fun and interesting group of people, and I have learned that not all of our personalities are the same; yet, we can all learn from eachother.
I can approach my managers without intimidation and know that my opinion is important.
The hardest part of my job is when there is a patient in the ER or I get called in and when I get there it is to late for anything to be done and a life is lost; but the most enjoyable part is when I make a difference in peoples lives whether it's just smiling at a patient or co-worker in the hallway, or knowing that I have saved a life today.
Not Satisfied
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 21, 2012
My review of this company is that it is a great place to work for, unless you happen to be pregnant. I was hired before I knew I was pregnant and the closer I got to my due date the less hours I was given. I requested more hours after the baby was born but could not be promised more. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time at this job and wish it could have been a better experience.
Pros
coworkers worked great together
Cons
promised more hours but not given
Not a good place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 27, 2013
Not allowed to eat or drink in department and no place to have drinks or food within department. Work long shifts with no place for a break. Very controling manager. Work very hard, short staffed all the time.
Cons
no breaks
Facility offers quality patient care.
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Checking in patients. Collecting correct demographic information and insurance information. Collecting co-pays.
Family Oriented Employer
Contract Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 9, 2013
Wonderful place to work! Family oriented and they truly care for their employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Granbury Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lake Granbury Medical Center Reviews by Location