Lake Granbury Medical Center

Lake Granbury Medical Center Employee Reviews

A good place to be able to use all of your nursing skills.
LVN Medical-Surgical nights (Former Employee), Granbury, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: hospital close by, using my skills, liking my colleagues.
Cons: i worked nights. loved it at the time but i need day hours now.
I worked for LGMC and was able to use all of my nursing skills including starting and maintaining IVs, inserting foleys, inserting NG Tubes, administering medications orally and by IVs, sterile technique, charting and many other skills used.
A Fast Paced Enviornment
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Granbury,txFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: short lunch break
I worked in the Er Registration department of the hospital. A lot was expected of the ER Registrars, everything was done in a timely and proficient manner. Patients were always greeted with a warm small and Registrars kept Patient information disclosed at all times unless told otherwise. I learned how to Register patients in the AS400 system and Medhost. As well as learned how to check if patient insurance was still eligible. The hardest part of the job was being able to register in the 50+ patients who walked in the last 2 hours. I enjoyed the high pace of the job and friendly work environment.
Productive place to work, learn, and accomplish goals.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Granbury, TexasNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free unlimited coffee, great discount at cafeteria.
I have learned and grown so much as a professional in the short time I’ve been with Lake Granbury Medical Center. They have great leadership and a professional, caring culture that continues to keep the company successful.
Supportive in education development
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee), Granbury, TXMay 2, 2014
Lake Granbury Medical Center was an excellent stepping stone in my pathway. They assisted me in completing my Masters in Nursing Leadership and Management. I have gained excellent experience during my time employed at this facility.
very productive and a fast pace enivornment
Phlebotomist-FT Nights (Current Employee), Granbury, TXApril 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
Typical day for phlebotomist is going to vary of departments and draw blood. Majority of the time I am in the ER department. Every day is a different day and you learn something new. I love the co workers I work with. WE are very close department. The hardest part of the job is when doing the morning draws you have to have them completed before a certain time and have a final review before a certain time for the doctors.
I enjoy communicating with different types of patients. I am very easy going person and strike up a conversations with anyone and not make it awkward.
Coworkers were great
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee), Granbury, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: had weekends off
Cons: no room more growth within company
Management and coworkers were great. We started the day at 730 am and would usually finish up around 5/6pm.
Facility offers quality patient care.
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee), Granbury, TXJanuary 7, 2014
Checking in patients. Collecting correct demographic information and insurance information. Collecting co-pays.
Not a good place to work
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Granbury, TXNovember 27, 2013
Cons: no breaks
Not allowed to eat or drink in department and no place to have drinks or food within department. Work long shifts with no place for a break. Very controling manager. Work very hard, short staffed all the time.
Productive and enjoyable work environment
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee), Granbury, TexasJuly 21, 2013
The co-workers and management are very easily to get along with. A typical day at the office is to check insurance eligibility and benefits and collect copays and balances. The hardest part of the job is when it becomes very busy with phones and patients.
Productive and fun workplace
Cardiovascular Technologist RCIS (Current Employee), Granbury, TXMay 15, 2013
When I come into work in the morning, I look at our schedule and get the pre op area ready with charts, pumps, and anything else needed. Our team gets the patients ready and we do cases one after the other.
The cardiologist that I work for is a great teacher and is willing to answer any question I have in the cath lab. I have learned that not every patient is the same and to approach each case as a new learning experience.
My co-workers are a fun and interesting group of people, and I have learned that not all of our personalities are the same; yet, we can all learn from eachother.
I can approach my managers without intimidation and know that my opinion is important.
The hardest part of my job is when there is a patient in the ER or I get called in and when I get there it is to late for anything to be done and a life is lost; but the most enjoyable part is when I make a difference in peoples lives whether it's just smiling at a patient or co-worker in the hallway, or knowing that I have saved a life today.
Family Oriented Employer
Contract Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Granbury, TXApril 9, 2013
Wonderful place to work! Family oriented and they truly care for their employees
Not Satisfied
Registrar (Former Employee), Granbury, TXOctober 21, 2012
Pros: coworkers worked great together
Cons: promised more hours but not given
My review of this company is that it is a great place to work for, unless you happen to be pregnant. I was hired before I knew I was pregnant and the closer I got to my due date the less hours I was given. I requested more hours after the baby was born but could not be promised more. Otherwise, I enjoyed my time at this job and wish it could have been a better experience.
close to home
RN - ED staff nurse (Former Employee), Granbury, TXAugust 29, 2012
nice to work within a community where i lived and worked - got to really be involved within a community