Lake Granbury Medical Center Employee Reviews

Patient care/safety is not a priority; its all about the $
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 8, 2017
If you are looking for a place with lots of overtime, this is it. But, you will constantly work short staffed in unsafe conditions. All that matters are the numbers on a spread sheet. Lots of inexperienced clinical staff and hospitalists. I would not want my family or friends to be patients in this facility unless it was in OB. Clinical staff are not valued or appreciated. Upper management acts completely blind-folded to the high dissatisfaction of clinical staff. High turnover. Beware.
Pros
Overtime
Fast pace and easy Job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Lake Granbury Hospital, I grew a lot from being there, I was a phlebotomist and learned how to be quicker and more precise on my job, there were some down sides to working there like employee drama but other than that I really enjoyed working there and the benefits are great.
Great work place
Administrative Assistant to Chief Nursing Officer (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 26, 2017
At this position, I learned a lot of very useful clerical skills. I have learned filing, organization, how to use multi-line phones, act professionally, direct the general public through out the hospital, and many other very useful skills.
friendly people
Patient Access Clerk (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJanuary 5, 2017
There are tons of friendly people there but there is no room to grow in the company and they don't pay enough for the job wanted.
Pros
friendly
Cons
low pay, no growth
Great enviorment
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 5, 2016
Everyday you come in expecting new faces. Most people are nice and treat you with respect. if you like a big family its here that you find it, every is genuine
Fast Paced place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 4, 2016
I really enjoyed working at the hospital. The busy faced paced environment makes the day fly by. If you are not good at multi-tasking and thinking on your toes dont apply
Enjoyable company to work for
materials management technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXDecember 1, 2015
LGMC is an enjoyable company to work for. The benefits cannot be beat anywhere. The hours are good and pay is adequate. The most difficult part of my job is inventory.
Pros
Incredible benefits
Cons
cannot think of any
Great Experience
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXNovember 1, 2015
This is a great hospital with a great work environment. The staff is excellent to work with and I fully recommend this hospital.
CHS hospitals don't value their employees
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXOctober 7, 2015
This facility could be amazing, but the lack of great leadership and the inability of managment to hear the voice of their employees makes it a difficult place to work for an extended period of time.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
lack of staff
Great management and Employee cooperation
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Management is very receptive to the needs and wants of the employees and strive to create and maintain a suitable work environment. Employees are all very respectful of each other and work very well together.
Lake Granbury Medical Center
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Laboratory was very small, and staff were unfriendly and did not train well. Manager had an office outside the lab and was rarely in there at all.
Pros
Day Shift
Cons
Bad Laboratory manager
productive and fast pace enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Fun work place with very friendly and outgoing people.
The hospital is very determind to make sure that all patients are taking care of by HIPAA laws and safety.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with all patients
Pros
insuracne benefits-family activies with the hospital
Cons
pay
Good facility
Insurance Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 29, 2015
Good work environment. Very passionate about patient care and working with patients. Not much room for advancement though.
Productive and fast paced
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXJune 4, 2015
steadily busy. learned the computer inside and out. Management was great. Co-workers were friendly.
fast paced and stressful
Pros
benenfits
Cons
short breaks
A lot of hours, most co-workers easy to get along with, management one-sided
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 17, 2015
I got a lot of experience working here. Physicians were mostly easy going of course like most places they would have their moments. Co-workers were mostly easy going. The few that were hard to get along with were hard to get along with a lot of people. I didn't care much for management and supervisors. They seemed very one sided and didn't seem keen on hearing other people's points of view or input. I think there were a lot of friendships that weren't separated when being in the work place causing strain on working together as a team unit. On the upside the pay was decent and it was fairly busy it was easy to get hours or even over time. Management did work with employees scheduling for the most part.
Pros
A lot of hours; variety of surgeries
Cons
Management was very one-sided
A good place to be able to use all of your nursing skills.
LVN Medical-Surgical nights (Former Employee) –  Granbury, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I worked for LGMC and was able to use all of my nursing skills including starting and maintaining IVs, inserting foleys, inserting NG Tubes, administering medications orally and by IVs, sterile technique, charting and many other skills used.
Pros
Hospital close by, using my skills, liking my colleagues.
Cons
I worked nights. Loved it at the time but I need day hours now.
A Fast Paced Enviornment
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Granbury,txFebruary 24, 2015
I worked in the Er Registration department of the hospital. A lot was expected of the ER Registrars, everything was done in a timely and proficient manner. Patients were always greeted with a warm small and Registrars kept Patient information disclosed at all times unless told otherwise. I learned how to Register patients in the AS400 system and Medhost. As well as learned how to check if patient insurance was still eligible. The hardest part of the job was being able to register in the 50+ patients who walked in the last 2 hours. I enjoyed the high pace of the job and friendly work environment.
Cons
Short Lunch Break
Productive place to work, learn, and accomplish goals.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TexasNovember 3, 2014
I have learned and grown so much as a professional in the short time I’ve been with Lake Granbury Medical Center. They have great leadership and a professional, caring culture that continues to keep the company successful.
Pros
Free unlimited coffee, great discount at cafeteria.
Supportive in education development
Director of Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXMay 2, 2014
Lake Granbury Medical Center was an excellent stepping stone in my pathway. They assisted me in completing my Masters in Nursing Leadership and Management. I have gained excellent experience during my time employed at this facility.
very productive and a fast pace enivornment
Phlebotomist-FT Nights (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXApril 17, 2014
Typical day for phlebotomist is going to vary of departments and draw blood. Majority of the time I am in the ER department. Every day is a different day and you learn something new. I love the co workers I work with. WE are very close department. The hardest part of the job is when doing the morning draws you have to have them completed before a certain time and have a final review before a certain time for the doctors.
I enjoy communicating with different types of patients. I am very easy going person and strike up a conversations with anyone and not make it awkward.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Granbury Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Lake Granbury Medical Center Reviews by Location