Lake Health

Lake Health United States Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: lunch provided by drug reps most days.
Cons: benefits, no support to advance career
I would room patients and enter vital signs into the EMR. I would perform EKG's, Spirometry, injections and aerosol treatments at the request of the physician.
Not a nice place to work!!
Pt Registrar (Former Employee), ConcordJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: no breaks
This hospital treats their employees terrible! Managers play favoritism. PTO is constantly being frozen. Reviews are always months late. If you use FMLA watch out, you won't be employed long!
No appreciation for hard work! Tripoint is much worse than Lake West!
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHJanuary 10, 2015
My day at work begin with me printing an received list which informs me of what patients needs to be drawn and by what time as well as draws that were rescheduled or refused prior to my shift. I've learned how to time manage my patients and duties. Adding tests on to blood previously drawn as well as multiple tests that are ordered dealing with different diagnosis. The hardest part of my job is time management during heavy patient volume periods. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients leave with a smile, thanking me for my skill in phlebotomy. My co-workers are great individual who are not only hard, dedicated workers, but they are very eager to help whomever regardless if they can help or not we always support one another to ensure patient care.
Management has ruined it!
Nurse- ER (Float) Willoughby (Former Employee), WilloughbyOctober 30, 2014
Pros: staff/coworkers!
Cons: management! poor pay and benefits now
Extreme sad what this management has done to what use to be a great community hospital! They have ruined it! They bully their employees by speaking down to them, cut their pay, PTO and as of the 1st of the year they will no longer be contributing to 401k. So what do they have to offer for your blood sweat and tears you put into your work here! Nothing! Such a shame because some really great core staff works here but they are now leaving one by one!!! Glad I left because it's not worth it here!
Awesome place to work, very busy but have never had such a close group of coworkers.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: very busy work enironment
Great Job, great coworkers. Very good learning environment. Typical day is very busy with a wide array of patients from every acuity level. This can be exciting and stressful. Overall this is the most rewarding job I've ever held an will stay as long as I can!
Did Clinicals here, was not employed
Radiologic Technologist Intern (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHJuly 7, 2014
Some of the best technologists and service in the business. When I was doing my clinicals here I got to learn how to become an exceptional radiographer. Most everyone who works there puts their heart and soul into their work . Patients are always number 1 priority. The management was great and the doctors excelled just as good.
Lake Health
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Concord, OHApril 16, 2014
Pros: decent pay rate, private rooms, staff work well together
Cons: short breaks, if any, when it was busy; floating between hospitals; health insurance is expensive
- I worked on a med/surg. unit with 32 private patient beds.
- Staff worked well with each other.
- Management can be over-bearing at times.
- You have to float between hospitals if census is low at one vs. the other...it's not often but it is challenging.
- I learned new skills with dressing changes/wound care. I learned more about core measures and what is expected of us when we care for certain patient's.
- I learned how to do bedside shift report.
- The hardest part of the job for me is them constantly adding more stuff for us to do or chart but they want us to still be done on time...NO overtime.
Organized, compassionate, caring company.
PATIENT CARE AIDE/MEDICAL SECRETARY (Current Employee), Concord, OHApril 4, 2014
Lake Health is a great place to work! The management and other members of the health care team are always striving to maintain best practices to provide supreme care to the patient's. Everyone knows the importance of working as a team. What I like most about the job would be having direct contact with patients and being involved in their care.
Great staff to work with, like family.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Euclid, OHMarch 12, 2014
Pros: learning how a family practice works and helping the patients
Cons: no room for advancement
I took the job there so that I could study and earn enough blood draws to take my test to become a phlebotomist.
community hospital
Sr. Technician (Former Employee), Concord, OHMarch 11, 2014
Pros: employees including managers treat each other with respect.
Cons: no cons
all policy and procedures must be followed but every day will bring new challenges.
Positive workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Lake county ambulatory care centersJanuary 11, 2014
Lake Health team members are like a second family, always eager to help each other and offer advice and encouragement.
A rewarding career
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHDecember 12, 2013
I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people i work with but i feel a if i am doing a lot more work than what they are paying me for. I feel like i am more valuable than their wages show.
Wonderful Place to work, caring environment
CCU /SDU RN (Current Employee), Concord Ohio 44077December 1, 2013
Typical ICU Day has many challenges, I continue to learn and grow as a nurse on a daily basis.
My management is a pleasure to work for and try to establish a team environment.
My co workers are very pleasant and helpful.
My hardest part of the job as always is specific to each day and what is given to you..a difficult patient may not seem so difficult if the other challenges are met without much resistance, when even a perfect patient can be difficult and challenging when the rest of the environment is not cooperating ... :/
Love Lake Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Concord, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: teamwork, respect from peers, patients. free parking, cell phone discounts, close to home
Cons: short staffed, no leadership, pto freeze, no incentives, high cost benefits, reviews are always 6 months late, raises are froze. no cme offerings or very minimal. tuition reimbursement is hard to receive.
I love working in a community based hospital, it feels like I am at home everyday when I am at work. There is a great sense of teamwork between my collegues. My unit was without a manager for a couple years and now the Critical Care Department is without a Director, I feel this impacts the staff in a negative way in regards to employee moral, advancement, educational opportunities and our HCAPS scores. Not having a strong management team makes it almost impossible to get dedicated involvement for unit committeess or overall hospital committees. Without a great Leader a team can fall apart and we don't have the support needed to pursue our bright ideas and help with practice improvement projects.
Productive and a great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, OHNovember 13, 2013
Working at Lake Health has given me the opportunity to learn and grow.
Good people yet overall morale is low
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHNovember 11, 2013
Pros: hours when needed
Cons: no breaks and worked like a dog when not needed, also no coverage
the company i had worked for at least in lab was dismal, no job advancement, low morale, gossiping all the time.
Nice place to start out
Registered Nurse on Monitored Care Unit (Current Employee), Willoughby, OHOctober 28, 2013
Pros: the night shift crew
Cons: no extra pay on holidays
It is nice to work in a smaller hospital, night shift crew is nice, management depends on the floor you work on and people, there can be some very busy floors and work environments, I have learned a lot about myself as a nurse starting there, but if you want to work for a larger hospital this is not the place to start out.
Well put together
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHOctober 13, 2013
It was a great place to do my externship. The hours were harder with a home life then expected.
Great Place to work
Industrial & Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Willoughby, OhOctober 12, 2013
Lake health is a great place to work. Competitive Salary and with the recent addition of the Lean Projects Lake is making strides towards being a better place to work.
nice work place
Secretary (Former Employee), Willoughby, OHSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: friendly employees and physicians
Cons: position eliminated
night started answering phones, assisting patients with their needs, scheduling appointments and testing for patients. Assisting doctors with their needs. pulled charts for outside hospital. answered pages when nurses paged me to come enter patient orders into system. assisted in emergency department when needed.

About Lake Health

The aptly-named┬áLake Hospital System (doing business as Lake Health) serves several northeastern Ohio communities located on the – Read more

Lake Health Salaries