Lake Health Employee Reviews

Lake Health
nursing (Current Employee) –  nursingJanuary 11, 2017
Lake Health used to be a small community hospital that provided good care to patients. It has become a very top heavy, poorly managed company who refuse to listen to its' employees. The turnover rate is high because nurses are unhappy with the high nurse to patient ratios, making it an unsafe environment for the patient. The benefits are nonexistent and they treat the nurses like they don't matter. Upper management has no clue what goes on a daily basis nor do they care to learn.
Not very stable
Physicians Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHDecember 17, 2016
Very unorganized .Just let go of 3 supervisors and 9 employees. We had to reapply for our positions. They get employees that were written up and called off a lot ,. A lot of issues such as PO Boxes for checks not updated. Glad I was let go can not see the company lasting.
I used to love my job
PFS (Current Employee) –  VPNovember 4, 2016
Until they brought in Consultants to PFS. Now, we had to reapply for our positions and even interview for them. They laid off well loved Team Leads that have had 30+ years tenure. We wont know until next week who stays or who is layed off. I love my job but this is not the way to handle poor A/R. Doesn't matter how well you've done your job, decision is now based on 20 questions asked by people who don't even know you. If you want to work for less pay and PTO then you will probably be hired.. Good luck.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Everything else
learned a lot about our healthcare system and patient care
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 3, 2016
everybody works as a team to accomplish a goal/ i learned a lot about being a team player/turning bedtimes around quickly can be challenging and yet rewarding/it is rewarding when the nursing supervisors praise you for all your hard work
Pros
plenty of perks
Cons
sometimes you are called to work through breaks to get rooms ready for patients
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with Lake Heath for 18 years and 5 months,
I started as an Aide and worked up to being a Secretary and Finally working in Medical Records for 13 years, My coworkers we fun to be around, I enjoyed every aspect of all the jobs I did.
Local medical employment opportunity
Medical Assistant/Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Willowick, OHMay 9, 2016
Lake Health allowed me to rejoin the workforce after starting my family. It gave me the experience I needed to become a viable member of the medical community.
Typical Medical Assisting Job
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willowick, OHMarch 12, 2016
I would float between four doctors, working where needing. Calling patients with lab results and medications called into pharmacy.
Could be a good place to work if:
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMarch 2, 2016
This is a tough place to work if you aren't into clique culture, and are a more mature individual. Management has yet to adopt an understanding of how to work with mature employees and their brand of special needs when it comes to training and learning techniques.
Pros
Occasional lunch and/or breakfast surprises, family centered care
Cons
Short staffed, usually only 30 minute lunches, no additional breaks, all hands on deck for room turnover
High stress position but rewarding
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 8, 2016
EMS will notify you when they are in route. Collect consent forms, insurance and copay. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Admit patients for hospital stays. Supervisor was approachable and professional. Hardest part is registering walk in patients and having to meet up with EMS upon arrival at the same time. I loved working with the public.
Pros
Good learning experience to work with patients and clinical staff in trauma
Cons
People call off and you could be on a double shift
I enjoy working for Lake Health very much. The people I have met and the experience I have received are invaluable.
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willowick, OHNovember 9, 2015
Lake health has been a great experience and has offered so many opportunities for me to be trained and learn various job responsibilities. I have worked in many different patient care environments and experienced many different patient loads from 10-20 per day to 70-100 per day.

I have formed great relationships with supervisors, fellow co-workers and most importantly patients. I take pride in patient care and Lake Health has always strived to assist in offering all the necessary tools needed to excel in your environment.

I would consider the most challenging part of my job as a health care worker is witnessing the daily struggles of some of my patients. They truly are deserving of all the compassion we can give.

While Lake Health has provided me with a great experience, the compensation has been the most negative part of my job. I have been in excellent standing as an employee of Lake Health and have never received a Needs Improvement on my Evaluations but have received very little compensation since my start date.
Pros
Offer many opportunites to get involved, volunteer opportunities to all the employees, awesome team building experiences.
Cons
Frequently I experience very heavy patient workloads with little to no assistance, no lunch breaks, very little in means of compensation.
empty promises, not much chance for advancement
Team Lead of office (Current Employee) –  Willoughby,OHOctober 20, 2015
Tend to get empty promises, I feel dedicated to this company but again things that are said aren't always carried though
Pros
hours
Cons
no breaks or lunches
Unpredictable and exciting place to work.
Support Assistant-Emergency Dept (Current Employee) –  Tripoint Emergency RoomOctober 1, 2015
The emergency department is a very interesting place to work. It's sometimes fast paced and alot is going on. Sometimes you sit and wait and wonder what the next patient is going to be!
Nursing Assistant /Secretary (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 12, 2015
Good place to work, There is always team work and good team players. Management is always willing to help. Days can be crazy busy and can also have good days
Excellent Health Care in Lake County
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, ohJune 26, 2015
Enjoy working as part of a multi disciplinary team to effectively and safely discharge patients to their next level of care.
Laboratory is unorganized, dirty, with lack of respect for employee's other than favorites. Management needs a severe overhaul.
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OH- Painesville, OHMarch 5, 2015
I took my position at LakeHealth in 2014. This is one of the dirtiest, unorganized lab's I've ever been to. This isn't my first Lab Tech job and I've worked many years as a Lab Tech. My first three days of training were spent sitting in front of a computer filling out and reading online programs LakeHealth works with. Training involved no written protocols or manuals to follow an employee through the process. They have no specific individuals who are responsible for training of new employees. At the end of 45 days they want to sign off on all competencies at once. Bottom line training was a joke.
Then they throw you into the wolves without all the knowledge needed to successfully complete your job to LakeHealth's supposed standards. Their logo is "We get it" and it's clear that they don't or there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate. Approaching management is available but you get responses such as "well that's just the way it is". Asking questions puts you on the Bad List, try to avoid!
Be ready to deal with all sorts of co-workers. Most individuals in LOA dept are very pleasant and helpful. Phelbs often come into the lab cussing about how much work they have to do, which they are overworked because the department is understaffed. It could do without the foul language in a professional environment. Often phelps can't be located with vocera, I can't explain that.
There is drama in the lab between depts and not enough of management involved to remedy situations. Med Tech's carry themselves above everyone in the lab. When asking them for help or a question they often act
  more... put out.
Health Insurance was astronomical running approximately $600 for family coverage. Who can afford that when you're only making $14.00 per/hr.
If you're looking for a small, hometown, convenient located hospital. This may be the place for you. I tend to conduct business as an individual with the belief in using my training,skills and abilities to my fullest potential in order to provide the best patient care for all patients. It's true that LakeHealth "Doesn't get it". The best possible thing that could happen for everyone within Lake County is for UH or Cleveland Clinic to buy out this hospital and clean it up. Hope this may help some of you. I know I'm brutally honest. Good luck!
Pros
Most of co-workers are very pleasant to work with, going home at the end of the day feeling accomplished with patient care provided to patients
Cons
Favoritism among certain employees, not open to new ideas or employee input, managers are clueless and expect more and more with giving less and less, only mistakes are ever brought to mgmt.'s attention
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 27, 2015
I would room patients and enter vital signs into the EMR. I would perform EKG's, Spirometry, injections and aerosol treatments at the request of the physician.
Pros
Lunch provided by drug reps most days.
Cons
Benefits, no support to advance career
Not a nice place to work!!
Pt Registrar (Former Employee) –  ConcordJanuary 19, 2015
This hospital treats their employees terrible! Managers play favoritism. PTO is constantly being frozen. Reviews are always months late. If you use FMLA watch out, you won't be employed long!
No appreciation for hard work! Tripoint is much worse than Lake West!
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 10, 2015
My day at work begin with me printing an received list which informs me of what patients needs to be drawn and by what time as well as draws that were rescheduled or refused prior to my shift. I've learned how to time manage my patients and duties. Adding tests on to blood previously drawn as well as multiple tests that are ordered dealing with different diagnosis. The hardest part of my job is time management during heavy patient volume periods. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients leave with a smile, thanking me for my skill in phlebotomy. My co-workers are great individual who are not only hard, dedicated workers, but they are very eager to help whomever regardless if they can help or not we always support one another to ensure patient care.
Management has ruined it!
Nurse- ER (Float) Willoughby (Former Employee) –  WilloughbyOctober 30, 2014
Extreme sad what this management has done to what use to be a great community hospital! They have ruined it! They bully their employees by speaking down to them, cut their pay, PTO and as of the 1st of the year they will no longer be contributing to 401k. So what do they have to offer for your blood sweat and tears you put into your work here! Nothing! Such a shame because some really great core staff works here but they are now leaving one by one!!! Glad I left because it's not worth it here!
Pros
Staff/coworkers!
Cons
Management! Poor pay and benefits now
Awesome place to work, very busy but have never had such a close group of coworkers.
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 7, 2014
Great Job, great coworkers. Very good learning environment. Typical day is very busy with a wide array of patients from every acuity level. This can be exciting and stressful. Overall this is the most rewarding job I've ever held an will stay as long as I can!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Very busy work enironment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lake Health. Our community is ready to answer.