Lake Health Employee Reviews

Hospital going thru change.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHSeptember 30, 2017
The hospital is going thru change. Downsize and elimination of many jobs. My job was one of them. Before my job was eliminated, we were expected to do more with less.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Not sure if it will be bought up by bigger hospital & more jobs lost.
RN Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Family environment great team work learn a lot from physicians I get to work with. Great place for advancement in education and personal growth. Couldn't ask for a better place to work
Horrible place to work.
ED RN (Former Employee) –  concord, OhioSeptember 4, 2017
Managers do not care. Understaffed. Not enough equipment to do your job. People get hired for stupid reasons. I stayed a year because I cared about my fellow RNs that I cared about.
I worked with a very supportive team. I need experience as a nurse to work at Lake
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHJuly 29, 2017
I worked in a very fast paced ICU/SDU. Some nights were so busy that the shifts flew by. I worked with people who are very caring and most of us worked together as a team. My manager allowed me to schedule myself around my classes at school which I found to be very supportive. The downfall is I have to gain nursing experience because they don't really hire new grads.
Pros
Very knowlegible staff, very family oriented atmosphere
Cons
do not typically hire new grad nurses
Coworkers are fantastic, management not so much
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  TripointJuly 25, 2017
Great teamwork In all the departments. Expected to work every other weekend and every other holiday. No holiday pay. Management is uninvolved with department and employees cover shortfalls. You are expected to float to other facility when they are short staffed.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, no holiday pay, poor benefit package
Coworkers like family
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 6, 2017
Great place to work, great managers, gret flexiable hours. Cheerful company. Eveyone is willing to help ou put in whatever ways needed. Best 5 years of my life.
It was alright
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 2, 2017
This place felt like minor league, somewhere good to get experience before bigger and better things. I don't miss it, but im happy for the experience.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
Pay
great place to work
LAKE HEALTH VASCULAR ACCESS SURGERY OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  willoughby ohioMay 1, 2017
wonderful environment. management very friendly and easy to work with and for. Complied with all regulations. Offered many outside activities. Great for advancement
Uncertainty
Representative (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 28, 2017
A typical day is super busy from the moment you hit the door. I have learned a lot in a field I had little exposure to in past jobs. Management is top heavy, communication is poor and work is consistently outsourced. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if I will have one. I've been at Lake Health a short time and understand they have "reorganized" the department and let a lot of people go. Employees expect this will happen again once we get the outsourced company "trained." The most enjoyable part of the job is some of the people I work with. Very nice and helpful under very stressful circumstances.
Pros
People and work volume makes the day go by fast
Cons
Never finishing work, low pay, worry about losing job
Fast paced, little oppurtunity to learn anything new
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Willowick, OHMarch 7, 2017
Busy place to work, see many patients on a daily basis, which I enjoy. Limited as far as learning new and different procedures or new treatment or medication options. Good staff of people to work with.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No lunch breaks. I'm full time nurse working around part time nurses schedule
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMarch 7, 2017
Lake Health is a pleasant environment. They have a great staff and are very professional. They are up to date with technology and very thorough. Great place to work.
Constantly answering/directing incoming/outgoing calls. Paging emergency codes, updating information in computer.
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHFebruary 27, 2017
Direct all incoming/outgoing calls. Page doctor's, key personnel, emergency codes by way of pager/computer/overhead/two way radio.Process all changes, additions and deletions in computer for doctor's, businesses. Diversified work culture. Hardest part of job was sitting all day. Enjoyable was helping internal/external customers.
Nutrition aide (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHFebruary 3, 2017
I worked in the kitchen at Lake west for almost 4 years. Started in high school and continued through college. It was a good first job. Mostly great people. The shifts werent always ideal (every other weekend and every other holiday). Only 2 shifts for the positions I did which were 6 am til 2 pm or 4 pm til close. Close could be as early as 8 or til 9 pm. Hated the point system (1-2 points for every time you are late or call in sick. Once you get 9 points you are fired. The points go away eventually though) overall a pretty good work place.
Pros
Coworkers are great, fun enviroment
Cons
Attendance system, screwed over when someone calls off
internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Marketing Intern
• Handled and filed sponsorships through marketing department
• Ensure proper filing of all documents
• Responsible for the timely responses for patient inquiries
• Prepared all documents need to sponsorship board
• Responsible for all secretarial work such as -Answering phones, filing, and computer work (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Lake Health
nursing (Current Employee) –  nursingJanuary 11, 2017
Lake Health used to be a small community hospital that provided good care to patients. It has become a very top heavy, poorly managed company who refuse to listen to its' employees. The turnover rate is high because nurses are unhappy with the high nurse to patient ratios, making it an unsafe environment for the patient. The benefits are nonexistent and they treat the nurses like they don't matter. Upper management has no clue what goes on a daily basis nor do they care to learn.
Not very stable
Physicians Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHDecember 17, 2016
Very unorganized .Just let go of 3 supervisors and 9 employees. We had to reapply for our positions. They get employees that were written up and called off a lot ,. A lot of issues such as PO Boxes for checks not updated. Glad I was let go can not see the company lasting.
I used to love my job
PFS (Current Employee) –  VPNovember 4, 2016
Until they brought in Consultants to PFS. Now, we had to reapply for our positions and even interview for them. They laid off well loved Team Leads that have had 30+ years tenure. We wont know until next week who stays or who is layed off. I love my job but this is not the way to handle poor A/R. Doesn't matter how well you've done your job, decision is now based on 20 questions asked by people who don't even know you. If you want to work for less pay and PTO then you will probably be hired.. Good luck.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Everything else
Lake Health is all about family
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord Township, OHSeptember 14, 2016
I love working here at Lake Health but am very interesting in relocating to Florida with my family. There are many better opportunities for my children in Tampa Florida. We have lived in this area our whole lives and are truly just trying to seek a better environment with better schools for our kids.
Pros
Flexible with family
Cons
Heavy work load with a lot of stress
learned a lot about our healthcare system and patient care
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHAugust 3, 2016
everybody works as a team to accomplish a goal/ i learned a lot about being a team player/turning bedtimes around quickly can be challenging and yet rewarding/it is rewarding when the nursing supervisors praise you for all your hard work
Pros
plenty of perks
Cons
sometimes you are called to work through breaks to get rooms ready for patients
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with Lake Heath for 18 years and 5 months,
I started as an Aide and worked up to being a Secretary and Finally working in Medical Records for 13 years, My coworkers we fun to be around, I enjoyed every aspect of all the jobs I did.