Lake Hospital System Employee Reviews

Nice community hospital to work for
PRN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHFebruary 11, 2016
I obtained a lot of great nursing experiences at Lake Hospital System. This was a great place to start my nursing career.
Decent place to work; upper management not so good.
Medical Assistant, MLT, Phleb (Former Employee) –  Mentor, Middlefield OHFebruary 10, 2013
I had the same Supervisor for 12 years with no problems at all. She was a terrific person to work with and for. However, upper management is not so good. They sit in offices and make decisions that impact patient care without dealing with the staff who are actually working with the patients. They seem to forget that the patient in front of us is the reason why we are here, the reason why we all have jobs. There is no more job security anymore; at Lake, the question is not so much as whether or not you can do the job as much as who do you cater to or pal around with. My co-workers, for the most part, were great; I really did enjoy the patient contact.
Pros
decent pay and benefits.
Cons
not much encouragement or opportunity to grow or advance.
excellant place to work
General Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHNovember 29, 2015
Lake Hospital System Inc. Painesville, Ohio 44077. General Service Worker: Performed hospital maintenance alongside Journeymen. Drove all hospital vehicles, including 24ft. box truck with hydraulic lift gate for delivery’s in Northeastern Ohio. Interpreter, extreme patient, visitor and public contact. Grounds maintenance, snow removal. Stripped waxed, buffed floors. Cleaned operating rooms, emergency rooms and other areas of the hospital. Worked extensively outdoors. $11.23hr. Supervisor.
Joe Richie
Pros
like working with people
Cons
layed off due to cut backs
A challenging facility to work which provides serenity and an on site fitness area for well being.
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Concord, OHOctober 24, 2014
A typical day at work starts with registering patients in a high volume setting. I have learned to deal with challenging situations and patient concerns. The management is highly supportive and understanding. My co-workers are excellent team players and creates a convivial atmosphere. The hardest part of my job is not being able to cure all patient's health issues. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work in a stressful situation yet still add humor in the workplace.
Great place to work. Chaiianging
Clinical Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJuly 9, 2015
Fix, repair calibrate all hospital equipment specializing in Anesthesia machine maintenance. Hardest part of the job making a decision during surgery to keep the surgical schedule on time and safe burt was also the most enjoyable.
Pros
The staff and hours.
Cons
Being on-call 9 months out of the year
A good start to a great career in healthcare.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 16, 2015
I did not find it a supportive environment for growth, but was a good place to start my career in healthcare.
great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 23, 2013
General maintainace though out hospital
public contact
excellant supervisors and co-workers
snow removal in below 0 weather
people contact
Pros
pulic and patient contact
Cons
excellant place to work

Want to know more about Lake Hospital System?

Ask a question