The Home Health Psych Nurse demonstrates psychological clinical expertise in nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis, and advanced proficiency in technical skills necessary for developing, providing, and coordinating care to patients.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) in applicable state. OR
Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate School of Nursing in applicable state.
LICENSURE: Must have current licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing and valid CPR certificate.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS: Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other funding source regulations as applied to home health care services. Demonstrate knowledge and competence in advanced practice nursing skills, including the nursing process and collaborating with interdisciplinary team.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Must be familiar with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop or laptop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
Typical duties of the job include of the Psychiatric Registered Nurse Clinical Liaison:
- visits the patient onsite to review the physician order, assess the patients clinical needs and gather clinical information.
- responsible for ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health plan of care.
- responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities
- assessing and planning nursing care requirements
- organizing workloads
- visiting patients at home
- building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- administering medication
- agreeing/reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- assessing treatment success at case conferences/ meetings
- writing and updating patient records.
On-call rotations can sometimes be a part of the job.
1. 1 years previous experience assisting patients through the continuum of care and the transition from hospital to home care.
2. Current CPR certification
3. Competent organizational skills;
4. Ability to handle stressful situations/deadlines;
5. Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills;
6. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the health care team;
7. Demonstrates desire to work in a marketing role; and
8. Ability to forecasts needs and set priorities.
9. Proficient in computer-based skills. Must have working knowledge and practical application experience with general office computer systems (i.e. Microsoft Excel), internet, email, desktop navigation.
TRANSPORTATION: Must have valid automobile insurance and reliable transportation.